Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@larus ~ for me, there is no genre.. so have no idea why some scenes get me and others don't. when I was a child, I cried really easily and then I toughened up. :sweatingbullets: think sometimes, it is also about the headspace I am in on how I react to dramas....

• Like 2
  • Love 4

20 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@larus ~ for me, there is no genre.. so have no idea why some scenes get me and others don't. when I was a child, I cried really easily and then I toughened up. :sweatingbullets: think sometimes, it is also about the headspace I am in on how I react to dramas....

Sometimes it's also about the actors, the background music, the set-up of the scenes, the story. You can't always explain why one drama makes you a sobbing mess and another doesn't.

Sometimes also our own background, traumas and life situation affect what kind of feelings and emotions dramas elicit in us.

Like Empress Ki - I have never teared up , because I don't feel emotionally invested in the characters. Their acting is so over the top, it's hard to feel a connection. Yet sad things happen in the drama.

Flower of Evil - ep 16 and I was a sobbing mess even though I had not cried once during any of the previous episodes. The scenes where Do Hyun Su was mean to his wife and yet you could tell he was suffering inside just made me lose it. The emotions had been building up throughout the drama.

Mother - the k-drama that has made me cry the most, and that is solely because of the unbelievably heartbreaking story about a child who suffers in the hands of abusive parents. Even the premises are so horrible, you can't feel but heartache for what this defenseless child is going through.

Need to start cleaning....

home video infomercial GIF

• Like 2
  • Love 4

The first movie which made me cry was "Along With Gods: The Two Worlds", during the final trial where MC comes to know when he was going to kill his mom, she was alive and didn't do anything. But the one which me cry buckets was "The Wedding Dress". 

The drama which made me cry was "Oh My Geum Bi", very sad drama with good story. I literally lost it when Geum Bi told her dad "Don't feel sad if I suddenly don't remember you". :criesariver:.

Apart from this, I don't remember crying or tearing while watching any drama or movie. I am planning to watch "Mama" drama, whose plot is very similar to "Wedding Dress", so might make me cry, otherwise, I don't usually tear up while watching dramas or movies. 

39 minutes ago, larus said:

I don`t feel emotional watching over the top dramas. For me, the scene has to feel natural, to be simple and honest. I am an emotional girl. Sometime looking in the eyes of a dog can bring tears. Do I feel emotional for a poor heroine who was wrong by an evil person in kdramas? Nope. I prefer watching a man or a woman who once did something wrong and get another chance in life.

I agree with you, I also prefer watching people who were bad previously getting a second chance and correcting their mistakes, or choosing to do the right thing for the second time. These types of stories are more interesting than the normal poor MC who is extremely against the baddies out there. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

13 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

The drama which made me cry was "Oh My Geum Bi", very sad drama with good story. I literally lost it when Geum Bi told her dad "Don't feel sad if I suddenly don't remember you"

I did not see the drama but it was a good line. I can sense the emotional scene from that single line already. .

I used to cry at sad endings/ or sad moments in dramas in the beginning of my watching kdrama experience. I remember one drama where I cried buckets: 49 Days. Now I feel that I don`t invest emotionally while watching kdramas. Maybe there are moments when I feel teary- eyed but I am not crying anymore. Perhaps I did not watch the right melodramas. :D

• Like 3
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

it is the story I guess? flower of evil was well done but it never got me despite all the numerous crying scenes which were quite raw and heartfelt. while watching, my reaction was like "hmmm..." and today, am watching lie of lies, there were several scenes where I felt pangs and a few tears. both dramas are over the top and unbelievable. so not sure why I responded so emotionally to one and not to another....

I guess it all depends on the individual , also the storyline, atmosphere and acting.  There were times when the mood of drama were so dramatic but they just don't shake you.  At times, there were emo scenes / expressions (without or less dialogues) that could bring tears rolling down your cheeks.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

13 minutes ago, larus said:

I did not see the drama but it was a good line. I can sense the emotional scene from that single line already. .

I used to cry at sad endings/ or sad moments in dramas in the beginning of my watching kdrama experience. I remember one drama where I cried buckets: 49 Days. Now I feel that I don`t invest emotionally while watching kdramas. Maybe there are moments when I feel teary- eyed but I am not crying anymore. Perhaps I did not watch the right melodramas. :D

Yeah, it was very emotional one, and it happened after she had started forgetting and her condition had starting worsening. Plus seeing a kid saying that, actually was very sad and emotional one. 

As for 49 Days, I actually was a little disappointed with the ending. They could have very easily gone against it though, but well Kdramas Gods were more cruel back then, I guess. It was sad though for me too. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, larus said:

Now I feel that I don`t invest emotionally while watching kdramas. Maybe there are moments when I feel teary- eyed but I am not crying anymore. Perhaps I did not watch the right melodramas.

yea, I think that happens. I remember when I watched scandal and started crying and was totally shocked. it had been so long since I cried that I couldn't believe it myself...

and like @partyon said, sometimes it is your own life experiences or something -- there can be a scene that isn't really that sad but it gets to you.

the other drama I really cried was fated to love you. not only the drama but the comments here on soompi got me teared up. something about how the female lead lost the baby had so many posters opening up about their own real life loss. I was really surprised at the honesty and rawness that I teared up on reading them. the other forum posts were on I have a lover -- the drama itself wasn't that moving to me but the reactions from chingus, wow! those really got to me.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

and like @partyon said, sometimes it is your own life experiences or something -- there can be a scene that isn't really that sad but it gets to you.

Echo you on this @Lmangla   I noticed that I tend to be more sentimental; I could shed tears easily reading a line or seeing a tearful or touching scene.  This came about after a painful and hurting experience few years ago.   The feeling is so deep.  

• Like 3
  • Love 3