Quantcast
RayAmbler7

Add and Subtract Game

So I just finished book called "Loss Adjustment". The topic was hard, as its about 1 mother that lost her daughter due to suicide. The daughter was beautiful, studied in international school, was living in condos with her middle class parents. 

One must be wondering (including myself), what could be the trigger of such a dark thought, while her living condition was so much better than most of the common people.

From her diary, it seems can be concluded that she has difficulty to speak in public, was liking girl instead of guy and seems holding herself with too high standard and caring too much about others opinion. And in the short reason, only she know about her pain and diary won't be enough to explain the whole ordeal. 

I think what I can learn here, perfectionism and living based on other opinions can be dangerous. It's a good reading for me, eventhough its quite depressing and gory. And while the topic is about death, its kind of giving me more appreciation about life. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

1 minute ago, Lawyerh said:

So I just finished book called "Loss Adjustment". The topic was hard, as its about 1 mother that lost her daughter due to suicide. The daughter was beautiful, studied in international school, was living in condos with her middle class parents. 

One must be wondering (including myself), what could be the trigger of such a dark thought, while her living condition was so much better than most of the common people.

From her diary, it seems can be concluded that she has difficulty to speak in public, was liking girl instead of guy and seems holding herself with too high standard and caring too much about others opinion. And in the short reason, only she know about her pain and diary won't be enough to explain the whole ordeal. 

I think what I can learn here, perfectionism and living based on other opinions can be dangerous. It's a good reading for me, eventhough its quite depressing and gory. 

That is why if others opinions are too much to handle for me I will immediately cut all contacts from those people including my mom in law.

baby blues depression is not funny at all. At one night when my baby cried and cried and cried and I got headache and less sleep and nipples hurt and sore I throw him to his baby box. Really throw him like a ball. He was just 3-4 weeks. Thanks God he is okay. Then for 1 week I gave him to my mom until I get my normal brain back. I was scared if I throw my baby again or do anything worst to him.

My poor baby. That is why I want to focus of taking care of him and asked my boss to be just a staff this year. I want to raise him well. Without baby blues

sometimes people speaks too much. More actions are better than speak. 

Mom in law wanting me to live based on what she wants. Me and her are different and hubby is not her husband of course I can not be like them. 

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Take care @Sejabin, child raising is surely not easy. Hope by the time you will feel better, and can adjust more to motherhood. Everything that is first time need learning curve. You will do well! :heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Medical dramas have that thrill factor I guess. Will the patient survive or not? Sometimes the hospital politics gets too stretched out and tiring but for most part it's fun. Plus all that blood and pus, I'm somekind of a sadist, I don't get squeamish easily either!!!

ah is that it? kind of like how I watch detective series to see if they will catch the bad guy. still not my cup of tea but makes more sense.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Take care @Sejabin, child raising is surely not easy. Hope by the time you will feel better, and can adjust more to motherhood. Everything that is first time need learning curve. You will do well! :heart:

+2

it is surely not easy that is why I do not like if people talk too much. Wkwkwk. Talk too much and less action. Talk to my hand. Even it is my mom in law talk to my hand lol wkwkwkkwkwwk

baby blues came because I got low blood pressure? After cesarian. And I taking care my baby alone. But I learned and keep learning ^_*

• Like 2
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

I think what I can learn here, perfectionism and living based on other opinions can be dangerous. It's a good reading for me, eventhough its quite depressing and gory. And while the topic is about death, its kind of giving me more appreciation about life. 

@Lawyerh Interesting read. In reality, well-off people are the ones prone to depression. It's the issue of the society these days. You mentioned this book several times somewhere.. I thought it's a book about insurance... I suddenly missed my first love, reading! 

@Sejabin I feel youuuuuu! Postpartum depression is real, you know. We'll talk about it later ... not now and not in this thread... 

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

36 minutes ago, thanie said:

@Lawyerh  I suddenly missed my first love, reading! 

Haha ikr... i love to read too last time.. But these days, if the book not very interesting, i will dozed off pretty quickly :joy:

And Im kind of prefer non fiction / biography then fiction nowadays.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

+2

10 hours ago, nrllee said:

@triplem O I just realized why FL in Dr R2 looks so familiar.  She’s in Weightlifting Fairy?  @Dhakra not hopping on board the train?  O wait...I forgot, he preferred the second FL?  So I guess no point trying to sell it to him. :lol:

Nah, first there is the word "Romantic" already in the title, which makes me wanna run and secondly LSK isn't really my type of actress. Yes, she was in Fairy, but actress-wise I looked out for others in Fairy. The second leads and cameos were way more interesting.

Even NJH was more interesting. 

10 hours ago, triplem said:

Yep , he will naturally gravitate towards the 2nd , 3rd , 4th FL unless it’s Lee Bo Young . 

This is scaringly accurate. :D I am a bit stunned how well you said that. That sums it up perfectly. LBY really is the only FL that gets me. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

@LSGLMH_88 SOLD! I just added Love and Destiny to my watch list. It looks like it got a lot of raving reviews. 60 episodes though! This will require some commitment on my part. :sweatingbullets:

9 hours ago, kokodus said:

@LSGLMH_88 Love and destiny. Xian Xia. Great. And the lead is The God of war. You know there is only one God of war and that is my Xu Feng!!!! Hahaha ok kidding. I'll watch this one for you. I'm not familiar with the leads, but I never have as far as Xi'an xia dramas, I watch a drama, get head over heels over the leads and end up watching all their other dramas. LOL. So from which ep do you think I'll get hooked. Because I have to hold on until the good parts come to decide whether I can finish it or not, right

@kokodus bwahaha! This is so me when it comes to dramas with a lot of episodes. I need to know where the turning point is so that I can endure until then. :joy:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

@mouse007 trust me you will not regret...and after 60 episodes you will crave for more...

@LSGLMH_88 I believe you! That's the way I felt about TMOPB after it ended. Same with Ashes of Love. Even though they were both long, it felt like I could just keep watching and watching.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

@LSGLMH_88 I believe you! That's the way I felt about TMOPB after it ended. Same with Ashes of Love. Even though they were both long, it felt like I could just keep watching and watching.

And if you love those two you are going to love thos one as well

• Like 3
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

And if you love those two you are going to love thos one as well

I just hope it has a happy ending because nothing is worse than going through 60 episodes only to be broken-hearted in the end.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, Sejabin said:

That is why if others opinions are too much to handle for me I will immediately cut all contacts from those people including my mom in law

I suffered from paying attention to other people opinions, that's why I sometimes prefer to be alone than having to do what's expected. I ended up doing things my way.  When I feel bad, I tell myself God accepts me as I am, as long as I am not hurting anyone, it is OK to do things my way, even if they are not always so "correct " from the point of view of others 

+2

• Like 4
  • Love 5

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I suffered from paying attention to other people opinions, that's why I sometimes prefer to be alone than having to do what's expected. I ended up doing things my way.  When I feel bad, I tell myself God accepts me as I am, as long as I am not hurting anyone, it is OK to do things my way, even if they are not always so "correct " from the point of view of others 

+2

+2

hugsssssss chingu :blush:

• Like 1
  • Love 5

3 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

+2

You have my sympathies.

It seems a lot of people have a lot of opinions about the way I do things or even not do things. I can't go around pleasing everyone else all the time, or I would seriously never get anything done away. I have to be true to myself first, and as you say, as long as I'm not deliberately hurting anyone else, then I see no harm in doing what I think is right. I use the word "deliberately" because I know that some of the decisions I make may impact others, possibly in a negative way, however, if I feel that is the right thing to do, then I have to do it, facing the consequences afterward.

So, all I can say to you having read your post is to offer you my encouragement and reassurance that just because you do things your way does not make you a bad person at all. Each of us have to find our own paths to take, and it's awesome that you are finding yours even if you suffer for it at times.

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

I can't go around pleasing everyone else all the time, or I would seriously never get anything done away. I have to be true to myself first, and as you say, as long as I'm not deliberately hurting anyone else, then I see no harm in doing what I think is right. 

Each of us have to find our own paths to take, and it's awesome that you are finding yours even if you suffer for it at times.

+2

Very well said. Amen to that!

I swear I wrote something in this thread 30 minutes ago. I wonder where it went

+2

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

8 hours ago, mouse007 said:

I just hope it has a happy ending because nothing is worse than going through 60 episodes only to be broken-hearted in the end.

Yes it's a happy ending.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

+2

as long as you dont harm others there is nothing wrong in doing your own things ur own way ;) 

• Love 5
  • Thanks 1