Add and Subtract Game

Admin

Big long reply incoming because there were a ton of questions on the backpages today. 

@Alice Wonderland I worked under him once already when I was training for management and it was really stressful. So we'll just have to see how it goes I guess.

@angelangie We shall see. There are a lot of other sketchy things that go on around him but since I'm considered lower level management, it's not my place to bring these things up to the big bosses. Tbh, I don't think he's going to do well but I have to bear with it at least for a bit. 

@Sushimi I sing the song at least a little bit every time I see the emoji. I'm constantly rickrolling myself. ./criesherselftosleep

Sorry @Thinker, it was 5am for me so I just posted one thing and then went to bed. :lol: 

@kokodus has been coaching me on all the names in HP. I was even getting quizzes. :tears: I think I have the main ones down now though... except one. I'll get there. ><

Apparently I spent 3 whole episodes mixing up SH and Dr. Maggot [I don't know her actual name... don't hurt me] I have the girls down now though, I swear! I can tell their faces apart. 

I do vaguely remember that scene. Tell me what ep it's in and I'll go re-watch it. ./runs away

@stroppyse My confusion stems from the way I remember faces when I first encounter them. I tend to reduce them down to one or two focal points while I try to memorize them. It takes me a bit of repetition before I can see other differences. And since they both wear the round gold glasses with the shorter hair.....

@wallflowersforjane To be fair, it's not that I was in the wrong ship, it's that I was mixing up my characters and thought that it was SH in BOTH scenes rather than Dr. Maggot in the scene with the chocopies and SH in the scene with the guitars. So I was really confused when @kokodus said that I was missing things. I figured it out though. :lol: 

@partyon 2 wins that I know of. One for each team. Lots of chatting. I've seen some people talking about Train but it's not my cup of tea so they'll have to let you know about that.

And thanks! I really need that coffee. I stayed up until 5am with @kokodus watching ep 4 of Hospital Playlist.....Is the coffee badge up yet?!

@Lmangla Is that a real question?! You should ALWAYS have ice cream..... And apparently @partyon and I have identical thoughts on ice cream. :lol:

@mouse007 Welcome back! The theme changes started last w eek or the week before. You post your normal stuff on threads and the reactions get you points. One point per post and 2 points per reaction and it doubles on the weekends. If you don't have enough to join the battle, I can send you what you're lacking.  

@phikyl I don't think the coffee badge is up yet. I am patiently waiting for it, though! :kiss_wink:

Since when did you start watching HP? Are you in the re-watch thread? Ms. Koko really is on a mission to convert all +/- members to HP lovers? :D

the-best-time-for-ice-cream-is-always-ch

• Like 3

@partyon I started on Saturday night. I keep seeing everyone talking about it here and it's been on my list for a while anyways so I figured I might as well try it while I'm waiting for new eps of IOTNBO. :daydream:

I'm not in the re-watch thread but @kokodus was saying I should join. I'm hesitant because I know everyone is re-watching so I didn't want to encounter spoilers. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@partyon, I figured that Dr. Maggot was a term of admiration by @kokodus actually, since I admired her for just going in and picking maggots off the wound without being all squeamish about it. It's one of JGW's best characteristics that she just gets on with whatever needs doing.

Yeah, that's why I really like Dr. Jang! She's a no nonsense type of gal.

Have you already watched ep 6 or are you planning on sticking to the re-watch schedule?

My turn for more coffee. I stayed up way too late last night and got up way too early, so don't know if there is enough caffeine for me to not be slightly out of it today.

Here! For you! :kiss_wink:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTccQXoxgCa5ZdFF1_XyvU

@phikyl You should definitely join the re-watch thread!!!! @stroppyse and myself are first-time watchers, and the rest of the people are kind enough to use the spoiler tag for spoilers. :kiss_wink:

@stroppyse I don't know where you guys are at on the watch but I've watched up to ep 4 so I might be caught up? If not, I can catch up quick and then continue on in the 1 per week format from there. 

+2

2 minutes ago, phikyl said:

@stroppyse I don't know where you guys are at on the watch but I've watched up to ep 4 so I might be caught up? If not, I can catch up quick and then continue on in the 1 per week format from there.

This Thursday we start with ep 6, so you have plenty of time to watch ep 5. :)

2 minutes ago, phikyl said:

@stroppyse No worries, I have time to watch ep 5 today after I go the to grocery store. I doubt @triplem will be on to invite me before then anyways. :lol:

That's great! I look forward to hearing your comments about HP as a first-time watcher! :kiss_wink:

I almost dropped the drama after ep 2 and ep 3, but now I'm getting into the groove of things.

• LOL 1

@partyon I am absolutely dog poo with names so don't expect anything profound from a first watch from me. It usually takes me 2-3 watches of an ep before I can come up with anything remotely concrete about what's going on. Especially on a show like HP where there's so many different, concurrent storylines. 

@stroppyse Noted! I will stay out of the thread until I can watch ep 5

4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Just saw your post. Happy watching ep 5. Ep 5 is where I feel as if some things really pick up steam. :)

I agree. Episode 5 was a turning point for me as well! :)

@phikyl  Hope you enjoy it too!

Not just @stroppyse's coffee you stole from her. :D

Here, have your own coffee:

tumblr_m8wmtj5uqw1qzqwamo1_500.gif

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, phikyl said:

@partyon I am absolutely dog poo with names so don't expect anything profound from a first watch from me. It usually takes me 2-3 watches of an ep before I can come up with anything remotely concrete about what's going on. Especially on a show like HP where there's so many different, concurrent storylines.

Man, I'm the same! :D

After ep 2 and 3 I was so ready to drop this drama, as I found it so confusing and the story line totally incoherent. All people looked the same to me and the stories were confusing. I decided to just focus on some of the characters that I found interesting (like the ob gyn, Dr. Jang aka Dr. Maggot, Andrea aka the priest, the twins etc.). I think the plot is becoming a bit better as well as, the story arcs are now a bit longer.

I have not posted deep analysis and thoughts on the thread (like @stroppyse has), because I've just had to focus on trying to understand what's going on and who is who. :D 

@phikyl @stroppyse I'm off to bed now. Enjoy your coffees and happy adding! :kiss_wink:

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, partyon said:

After ep 2 and 3 I was so ready to drop this drama, as I found it so confusing and the story line totally incoherent. All people looked the same to me and the stories were confusing.

At least I'm not the only one! I think @kokodus was getting frustrated that I couldn't recognize people yet but I've only seen them for 3 eps, they're all over the place, it's after 4am my time, and I don't have enough about them to differentiate them by personality yet. :lol: 

Poor thing. I think I about killed her when I mixed up SH/Dr. Maggot in the chocopie and guitar scenes. :dead:

Edit: I'm off to the grocery store also. I'll be back in an hour or so!