[Drama 2021-2022] The Second Husband, 두번째 남편

Lmangla

am excited that seon hwa is on go for revege mode. it is rather fun to watch because she is not dissolving into a puddle of tears or emotional angst. (yea, no miss montecristo). instead, it is like watching her execute a business plan! also liked that jae min isn't some sort of fool and is asking questions. he even admitted to thinking that seon hwa may have done it. good that we have a lead who is not unquestionably following things and instead thinking things through. pity, he is keeping his mouth shut about sang hyuk. 

@LeftCoastOppa @backstreetboysfan ~ the doll and the weird message doesn't seem to be seon hwa's style. I can see sae chool sending it to jae kyung to make her depend on him. they have this secret between them and sang hyuk isn't aware of the murder. now that seon hwa is stirring the jealously pot, maybe jae kyung will lean more on sae chool. am going to laugh if jae kyung switches partner and sang hyuk is left in the cold with no son either and he can't say whose son it is. so far the drama is entertaining but I don't want to jinx it! 

and what is with the nun appearing after 4 years to give the box? umm, that is seriously bad delivery service! hahahahah... 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQspXTNiXBzQ5BPY01a0z2  

ooh, maybe we should have a poll, pinging @confusedheart :D --

1. would you tell on jae kyung / sang hyuk if you were jae min? 

2. do you think jae kyung and sang hyuk will split up? 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

am excited that seon hwa is on go for revege mode. it is rather fun to watch because she is not dissolving into a puddle of tears or emotional angst. (yea, no miss montecristo). instead, it is like watching her execute a business plan! also liked that jae min isn't some sort of fool and is asking questions. he even admitted to thinking that seon hwa may have done it. good that we have a lead who is not unquestionably following things and instead thinking things through. pity, he is keeping his mouth shut about sang hyuk. 

@LeftCoastOppa @backstreetboysfan ~ the doll and the weird message doesn't seem to be seon hwa's style. I can see sae chool sending it to jae kyung to make her depend on him. they have this secret between them and sang hyuk isn't aware of the murder. now that seon hwa is stirring the jealously pot, maybe jae kyung will lean more on sae chool. am going to laugh if jae kyung switches partner and sang hyuk is left in the cold with no son either and he can't say whose son it is. so far the drama is entertaining but I don't want to jinx it! 

and what is with the nun appearing after 4 years to give the box? umm, that is seriously bad delivery service! hahahahah... 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQspXTNiXBzQ5BPY01a0z2  

@Lmangla it's hard to give up the OE habit, isn't it? :lol:

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

message doesn't seem to be seon hwa's style. I can see sae chool sen

But this is not the old BSH. She can and will do anything to make the criminal couple pay. But I don't understand why she bailed out SH's mum after scamming her.

Did BSH's grandma know who her parents were? I hope BSH will rage at the grandma in the beginning because she was stolen from her parents and went through hard times with the grandmother.

SH will probably end with nothing.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, maribella said:

@Lmangla it's hard to give up the OE habit, isn't it? :lol:

hahahahha... I guess not; :lol:

3 minutes ago, maribella said:

But this is not the old BSH. She can and will do anything to make the criminal couple pay. But I don't understand why she bailed out SH's mum after scamming her.

my only conclusion was that she is a good girl who has been taught never to waste food. so rather than seeing chicken being dumped in trash, she made the mom have a loss (sale of 50% discount) and also got some care kids to have a nice meal. I found it a pretty funny prank and it is kind of clever in that the mom is never going to think of seon hwa; will just assume it is some bratty teenager. 

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Did we have the poll, @Lmangla? I haven’t been able to get back here and I’m only in the middle of episode 38. I still suspect the kid to be Sae Byuk.

yea, that poll was a quick one . you can see the results here. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Thank you @Lmangla for tagging me and suggesting the questions for the poll.:dorakiss:

Chingus, the new poll is up! Come and vote, one and all! Let's get this party started. :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

@marrez1, @tulip06@backstreetboysfan, @youngae, @joccu, @chococarmela, @whome, @TheQueenReturns, @maribella, @LeftCoastOppa, @twinkle_little_star, @tulip06, @Jonah Kyle

Your friendly neighbourhood EOs

re: @agenth, @Sleepy Owl, @partyon  , @confusedheart

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

I was going to wait till the halfway point but after a time jump it’s interesting how the revenge plot line is folding out.   So likely there are two people who are doing the revenge act: BSH and Sae Chool  :waitwhat:
I agree the voodoo doll and the warning message are more likely by SaeC. Still the takeout order call was in a male voice so I have to assume at this point the call can be from BSH (with a voice change app??) or from SC??

In EP39, BSH worked to put a wedge between Jae Kyung and Sang Hyuk.   Maybe that’s why she acted conciliatory toward SH’s mom in order to show JK that she’s still a part of SH’s family.
SH told BSH his feeling hadn’t changed and the reason he chose JK was for his ambition. Wondering if he’s playing for both women like what JK is doing with SaeC  :smashes:

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

17 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I love that JM is not a fool as well, and he is thinking about things as well. 

Yeah it could be Sae Chool sending it to Jae Kyung to make her depend on him nod.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, booha said:

SH told BSH his feeling hadn’t changed and the reason he chose JK was for his ambition. Wondering if he’s playing for both women like what JK is doing with

BSH's look at SH during his confession was 'tough luck, you are still going to get it'. :)  I have seen her in a few shows, she seems to rely a lot on that toothy grin. Now she is showing a wide range of emotions, I hope she continues to get better. I think SH is telling the truth about his feelings but he is assuming she is in a state of rejection. She knows that you and your viper wife framed her.

Why do I think the crass woman is going to keep her box for many more episodes?

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

well that is an interesting blast from the past -- what is with the mystery of the fountain pen? looks like mom was seeing someone else before she married chairman. will we see that old boyfriend pop up again? 

3 hours ago, maribella said:

Why do I think the crass woman is going to keep her box for many more episodes?

more than chicken mom hoarding (which she definitely will do because she is such a greedy person), I want to know why the nun was holding on to it for so long. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

well that is an interesting blast from the past -- what is with the mystery of the fountain pen? looks like mom was seeing someone else before she married chairman. will we see that old boyfriend pop up again? 

more than chicken mom hoarding (which she definitely will do because she is such a greedy person), I want to know why the nun was holding on to it for so long. 

Why did the grandmother steal a baby? She probably did not know who the parents were. 
It must have something to do with the orphanage, else why would the nun be involved.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

What I liked:

How the FL tricked the ex MIL. But was thoughtful enough to not let the food be wasted. BSH -1. Ex MIL-0 :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

How BSH beguiled SH with her damsel in distress, sad, heart-broken, still living in the past act. Way to go girl! Good, we got that confession from SH. If that is how he feels, it will be easier to manipulate him and make JK suffer some more. :naughty:.

What I did not like:

The earring trope. It was too early to use that trope. Let that witch stew in her own anger and suspicion  some more.  The revelation was too early, IMO. I want to see SH beguiled by her some more.  :eats2:

Will You Walk Into My Free Sweet Shop?” Said Corbyn To The Fresher. –  Labour Are Toast

Speculation:

1. I think it was BSH who sent JK the voodoo doll to scare her. :hypehype:

Question:

Who tampered with the presentation? That is what I am curious about. BSH has no access to it, I think.

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

While I still like the pacing of this drama, the latest episode started pushing into "awfully convenient" territory -

So BSH knew JK would faint allowing her the time to remove the dead chicken? Right.  How did she get in the building? Last time, she lifted Jae-Mins ID card, did he ever miss it? How did he get it back? How did BSH get the delivery driver to play along? - stretching it a bit there writer-nim.

Can't wait for BSH's cellmates to get out - If they can supply her with a constant stream of burner phones, and now, fake ID's (all from prison) imagine what they could do when they get out?

On 10/7/2021 at 3:11 AM, maribella said:
On 10/7/2021 at 1:34 AM, Lmangla said:

message doesn't seem to be seon hwa's style. I can see sae chool sen

But this is not the old BSH. She can and will do anything to make the criminal couple pay.

On 10/7/2021 at 6:14 PM, booha said:

So likely there are two people who are doing the revenge act: BSH and Sae Chool 

Agreed - some of it is obviously BSH - ear ring in pocket, huge chicken order, raw chicken order - but I think the doll and the laptop msg are Sae Chool - especially since they tossed the ex sister-in-law out immediately, that links it back to SH to drive the wedge deeper between JK and him. 

21 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I'm still not convinced its an affair - They've already shown us the backstory behind the pens origin, why hide the man from us the viewer, if it indeed was an affair?  Yet, all we've seen is her enter/leave hotel rooms under clandestine security, and she obviously wishes to keep it secret as she's lied to the chairman over it.  I still think it has to do with corporate takeover - we'll see.

8 hours ago, maribella said:

The ex MIL has gone from obnoxious to repulsive for me. The nun giving up her responsibility without asking for BSH's phone number, after all those years? 

Agreed - how long til she cracks the box open and finds parentage evidence instead of gold? Would she even recognize what it was?  How will it eventually find its way to BSH?  Really looking forward to the Bok-Soon/BSH Mother/Daughter reveal

BTW how was Jae-Min NOT at dinner with everyone else???  Thats another reveal I'm eagerly waiting on - If JM's Mom fondness for BSH is genuine (seems like it is) then I'm going to enjoy watching the Mom/JM/BSH trio start working together

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

32 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

While I still like the pacing of this drama, the latest episode started pushing into "awfully convenient" territory -

So BSH knew JK would faint allowing her the time to remove the dead chicken? Right.  How did she get in the building? Last time, she lifted Jae-Mins ID card, did he ever miss it? How did he get it back? How did BSH get the delivery driver to play along? - stretching it a bit there writer-nim.

Can't wait for BSH's cellmates to get out - If they can supply her with a constant stream of burner phones, and now, fake ID's (all from prison) imagine what they could do when they get out?

Agreed - some of it is obviously BSH - ear ring in pocket, huge chicken order, raw chicken order - but I think the doll and the laptop msg are Sae Chool - especially since they tossed the ex sister-in-law out immediately, that links it back to SH to drive the wedge deeper between JK and him. 

I'm still not convinced its an affair - They've already shown us the backstory behind the pens origin, why hide the man from us the viewer, if it indeed was an affair?  Yet, all we've seen is her enter/leave hotel rooms under clandestine security, and she obviously wishes to keep it secret as she's lied to the chairman over it.  I still think it has to do with corporate takeover - we'll see.

Agreed - how long til she cracks the box open and finds parentage evidence instead of gold? Would she even recognize what it was?  How will it eventually find its way to BSH?  Really looking forward to the Bok-Soon/BSH Mother/Daughter reveal

BTW how was Jae-Min NOT at dinner with everyone else???  Thats another reveal I'm eagerly waiting on - If JM's Mom fondness for BSH is genuine (seems like it is) then I'm going to enjoy watching the Mom/JM/BSH trio start working together

Wouldn't she be ambitious and wants a chaebol DIL?  Just like LS grandma, she loves Gemma as a grand daughter but not as KS' wife. She prefers an annoying gnat like HB.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

20 minutes ago, maribella said:

Wouldn't she be ambitious and wants a chaebol DIL?  Just like LS grandma, she loves Gemma as a grand daughter but not as KS' wife. She prefers an annoying gnat like HB.

In this case, I think Jae-Min's mom truly wants him to be happy. Yes, she wants him to take over the company, but I don't think thats going to make her pressure him in his romantic choices.  Besides, it looks for now at least, like she has a fondness for BSH

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1