Hangul: 두번째 남편

Director:  Kim Chil-bong

Writer: Seo Hyun Joo

Network: MBC

Episodes: 120

Release Date: Aug 9th, 2021 - April 5th, 2022

Runtime: Monday - Friday 19:50

Plot synopsis:

Second Husband is a passionate romance story. It revolves around Bong Seon-hwa (Uhm Hyun-kyung) and her family surrounding a confectionery company. She underwent an unfortunate childhood, but due to her strong and positive personality, she rises up. Growing up in same neighborhood she had a long relationship with Moon Sang-hyeok (Han Ki-woong). But, when she unjustly loses her family due to a tragedy born out of an unstoppable desire, she pledges revenge in the mixed fate and love.

Main Cast:

Cha Seo-won as Yoon Jae-min -- The son of the chairman of a confectionery company

Uhm Hyun-kyung as Bong Seon-hwa -- A diligent and positive girl, but due to forcing circumstances pledges revenge

Oh Seung-ah as Yoon Jae-kyeong -- Jae-min's stepsister, the illegitimate child of the chairman of a confectionery company

Supporting cast 

Han Ki-woong as Moon Sang-hyeok, Seon-hwa's ex-lover

Ji Soo-won as Joo Hae-ran

Jae-min's mother, Yoon Dae-gook's wife, the chairman of the Ace Welfare Foundation

Jung Sung-mo as Yoon Dae-gook

Kim Sung-hee as Mi-jeong

Jae-kyeong's biological mother, a former room salon madam

Kang Yoon as Kim Soo-cheol

Household secretary of Yoon, the confectionery company

Chun Yi-seul as Moon Sang-mi - Sang-hyeok's sister

Kim Hee-jung

Shin Woo-gyeom as Seo-jun Bae

Source: Asianwiki | MyDramaList  | Dramawiki | Hancinema

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread 

02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods.

05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like SOOMPI TV, Viki), will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 5

one of my favorite actor Han Ki Woong, he is sexy:love: I had already noticed him the drama mother of mine, and I was hoping to see him in lead, well here he is the bad guy and cheater second lead male

from what I saw it's a bit the same as in any drama of this kind, with love, greedy, cheating, the death of baby, prison, revenge, and many cryyyyy lol and surely stupidity from the FL, i don't trust this main female actress, sometimes her characters are too nice, stupid, and mournful,  i'm prepare myself for a long ride of cry lol

• LOL 4

23 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

the FL, i don't trust this main female actress, sometimes her characters are too nice, stupid, and mournful,  i'm prepare myself for a long ride of cry lol

"otoke!" -- she said that so many times in man in veil that I am reminded of that when I see her face. :joy:

lets hope she doesn't say it as often here. hahahahah... 

• LOL 8

I'm giving this a try, the other show that I'm following amor fati which is ho hum. I like a couple of characters.

I want to watch a strong woman show like Haunted house Jang Nara. Bossam? Maybe start from Ep 1.

I don't see Ms Otoke being a strong FL.

• Like 4
  • Shocked 2
  • Blob 2

I'll be trying this drama out at least since I like a lot of the actors/actresses here. When it comes to daily dramas, the writer is quite important to me too, so for those who are curious...

The writer of this drama, Seo Hyun Joo, also wrote:

Out of all those dramas, the only one I watched completely was Pink Lipstick. It did get draggy, but I did like it as a revenge drama. I did try to watch The Dearest Lady, but I never did finish it, I think...

• Like 7
  • Blob 2

19 hours ago, marrez1 said:

Apparently the broadcast date to change, it's now in August, does that mean that the other drama a good supper has been extended? lol, i don't know

@Ayame ~ can you help us out by checking and let us know? 

• Blob 1

29 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

I found a first trailer here, 

http://naver.me/GbEopfBV

FL seems assez cool, SML too sexy, one of my fav actors, for the plot no surprise lol

the month of August seems to confirm

15 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I am not sure, that or it is just taking a bit of a break before the next drama.

yes, possibly

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

Based on the trailer, yeah it's definitely starting on August 9th. I looked it up... 'A Good Supper' did not get extended, it's still ending this Friday. So, MBC will be taking a break and air random programming in that timeslot until August 9th. (It seems like MBC did the same thing in 2018, in between 'Enemies from the Past' and 'Secrets and Lies'—they put a one month break between those dramas, too.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Blob 1

• Lmangla changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] The Second Husband, 두번째 남편, premiers August 9th
55 minutes ago, Ayame said:

Based on the trailer, yeah it's definitely starting on August 9th. I looked it up... 'A Good Supper' did not get extended, it's still ending this Friday. So, MBC will be taking a break and air random programming in that timeslot until August 9th. (It seems like MBC did the same thing in 2018, in between 'Enemies from the Past' and 'Secrets and Lies'—they put a one month break between those dramas, too.)

thank you -- have updated thread title and details accordingly.. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, joccu said:

oh. the trailer looks promising!!

it looks fun right? this was the 3rd teaser. there are also two other ones. the first one just got a meh from me. the second one was a hmmm. but I thought the 3rd one was the best and made the drama seem interesting to check out....

teaser 1:

teaser 2:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1