[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

9 minutes ago, kwayteow_mama said:

Didn't we already have choyeon as MD love rival? Oh wait Uk has 3 :lol:

there's lots of love interest and rivals in this drama..

i think we will be getting Park Jin flares with jealousy when he saw Teacher Lee "saved" Maidservant Kim from falling by pulling her into his embrace.. ok, embrace was an overstatement lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Oh no!!!

I just read about JSM might not return for Season 2?

I mean, I love both actresses portraying Naksu...both body & soul version. Can't they both be in this series until the very end?

I mean, initially I have no feelings about JSM as Naksu/Mu Deok, as I don't really know her that well. And in Ep1, GYJ carried her fighting scene very very well, albeit a very short one. So, I do understand why many viewers were impressed by GYJ's portrayal of Naksu.

But...along the way, I kinda fell in love with JSM's acting. Her chemistry with LJW is such fun to watch.

Oh please...I do hope both actresses will be featured towards the few final episodes in Season 2 of AoS. Can't they co-exist? Just like Naksu & Mu Deok? 

Edited by AlterEgoNo9

@orion00 didn't she mention something about stiff neck after filming some action scene here? But anyways.. 

56 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

there's lots of love interest and rivals in this drama..

i think we will be getting Park Jin flares with jealousy when he saw Teacher Lee "saved" Maidservant Kim from falling by pulling her into his embrace.. ok, embrace was an overstatement lol

just got to comment on this. Isn't Master Lee at least 100 years old? It's only because of his current youthful visuals that we don't find it weird. Imagine were he to look like this:

spacer.png

this scene would have a very different vibe :lol:

spacer.png

honestly i prefer if Master Lee just stick to being the celibate wise master mage. Apologies to those who ship oh nara and yoo junsang loveline, but i feel a bit too much screen time is dedicated to this (even before pulling master lee into the picture) and it does little to advance the main plotline.

@AlterEgoNo9 ooo I'm in the same camp as you. I've also grown on JSM after watching the drama a bit more. (Can't deny I'm more used to her in her previous roles and I can't forget the age gap and at times, the noona-dongsaeng vibe seeps out with the pat on the back during a hug/embrace scene) Anyway, who knows? After ep 20, we will also grow on the concept of not having JSM as the main lead in season 2.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

6 minutes ago, kwayteow_mama said:

@orion00 didn't she mention something about stiff neck after filming some action scene here? But anyways.. 

Yes, she also said she was fainted (sleeping cannot wake up) during filming but she didn't mention the drama. I can see this drama take a lot of energy and she did get a lot of hit right because of Jang Uk.

The actor who play Master Lee always play comedic role despite his character should be the important person (like in Vincenzo) and I love his wittness. Another love triangle coming soon by looking at the preview..lol

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AlterEgoNo9 said:

Oh no!!!

I just read about JSM might not return for Season 2?

I mean, I love both actresses portraying Naksu...both body & soul version. Can't they both be in this series until the very end?

I mean, initially I have no feelings about JSM as Naksu/Mu Deok, as I don't really know her that well. And in Ep1, GYJ carried her fighting scene very very well, albeit a very short one. So, I do understand why many viewers were impressed by GYJ's portrayal of Naksu.

But...along the way, I kinda fell in love with JSM's acting. Her chemistry with LJW is such fun to watch.

Oh please...I do hope both actresses will be featured towards the few final episodes in Season 2 of AoS. Can't they co-exist? Just like Naksu & Mu Deok? 

Hi all I'm just joining this forum and I read that news. Honestly after I haven't watched kdrama for a long time, I have a mood to turn into kdramaland bcs of the story of this drama and ofc bcs of somin (bcs she is my bias) as one of the cast of this drama. GYJ acting is cool as Naksu tho, but I think announcing about the changing female lead when the 1st season still airing (still at 8th episode) is not a good idea, honestly when I read that news I feel like I'm losing my interest and my excitement just cutted off toward this drama . If the 2nd season is about prequel, why the 3 mudeok man still joining the 2nd season while there's no mudeok in it?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

tbh, i was like.. Jang Uk why did you snatch that cloth and wrap around your face??

Gil Ju had it around his face, along with all the dripping water/sweat.. eeks!

Haha... I thought I was the only one who felt weird about this part. It's kinda gross if you think about it.:sweat_smile:

re: the Queen's family - she's supposed to be a Seo since Jin Mu said the Queen and General Seo (Yul's father) are siblings. Maybe her mother is a Choi then? 

• Insightful 1

... and the plot thickens -

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/07/tvns-alchemy-of-souls-responds-to-rumors-that-the-female-lead-will-be-changed-from-jung-so-min-to-go-yoon-jung-in-part-2

So ... actor/producers negotiations? ... a clever marketing ploy? ... telegraphing a character death/loss?

I for one hope its either of the first 2 - the FL was only signed after the original dropped so perhaps she simply hasn't signed on for part 2 but hopefully will -or- part 1 ends with all believing Mu-Deok is gone and we get an awesome tear jerking return. 

For my part, if they take us through 20 episodes of Jang-Uk & Mu-Deok, I won't be happy with a body switch for the last 10 episodes.  At the start I voiced concerns about who Mu-Deok was when she seemed like a random character, and Noksu swapped souls - Now we're starting to learn that Mu-Deok was a major player of some sort from the start, and it seems there are 2 souls in that 1 body.  

Knowing what little we do about Mu-Deok, and what the show is teasing us with, at this point I hope whoever Mu-Deok was she allows Noksu to remain in that body - Tell us the story, who she was and how she became merged with at least part of the Ice Stone, but I'm cringing at the idea of Jang-Uk with the original Noksu at this point as its too awkward to think about, let alone the Yul drama that would ensue if she returned to her body.

As for Lady Heo, I don't think we'll get major triangle action from it.  Mu-Deok might get a bit jealous the first time she hears Jang-Uk was in her chambers with her halfdressed, but when the whole story comes out she'll understand why, she will of course rib Jang-Uk mercilessly and we might be treated to accusations of cheating - Or perhaps Lady Heo will try to blackmail Jang-Uk into a date of 2 to keep his secret of being the "blue mage" ... should be fun. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Finally soompi posted an article about the issue on changing the AoS season 2 FL.
tvN’s “Alchemy of Souls” responded to news concerning Part 2.

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a new tvN fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

In the drama, Go Yoon Jung plays Nak Soo (Go Yoon Jung), whose soul suddenly wakes up in the body of Mu Deok, who is played by Jung So Min.

On July 12, a media outlet reported that “Alchemy of Souls” started filming Part 2 and that the female lead would be played by Go Yoon Jung. They added that the second part will be 10 episodes long and that all the other cast members will star in it with the same roles.

Previously, director Park Joon Hwa mentioned during the drama’s press conference that they are filming Part 2 because they can’t fit everything into 20 episodes.

In response to the reports, a source from “Alchemy of Souls” commented, “It is difficult to confirm the details related to Part 2 because it can be a spoiler for Part 1 that is currently being aired.”

Jung So Min’s agency Blossom Entertainment shared, “We ask for your understanding that we aren’t able to tell you whether she’ll be in Part 2 or not because it could be a spoiler for Part 1.” Go Yoon Jung’s agency MMA expressed the same position.

http://“Alchemy Of Souls” Responds To Reports Of The Female Lead Changing In Part 2

Edited by iamsherry
  • Like 3

LOLs. They release this information when we aren't even halfway into Part 1 yet... of course the fans will go nuts! But it's a clever marketing ploy to attract new viewers to the series.

This brings me deja vu about the discussions during the Mr. Queen era. Haha! Should you go for the vessel? Or the soul (and its personality) that you fell in love with?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

@iamsherry I scrolled back to the old twitter/news about this drama it seems that 30 episode already planned earlier probably long before So Min step in to replace the previous lead female actor. It doesn't matter what is the part 2 series because Somin do have good 20 episode to begin with.  

1 minute ago, scribbledjunkie said:

LOLs. They release this information when we aren't even halfway into Part 1 yet... of course the fans will go nuts! But it's a clever marketing ploy to attract new viewers to the series.

This drama is somehow expectedly good and knowning fans going crazy is normal..hahahaha

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, kwayteow_mama said:

this scene would have a very different vibe

don't worry too much hahaha i'm very sure its going to be just Park Jin and Maidservant Kim..

Teacher Lee drinks too many decades of chaste tea to break the addiction lol

3639137274.jpg

cr.: owner

FWrRXRFacAIWgYw?format=jpg&name=large

cr.: owner

• LOL 4

3 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

don't worry too much hahaha i'm very sure its going to be just Park Jin and Maidservant Kim..

Teacher Lee drinks too many decades of chaste tea to break the addiction lol

Perhaps Teacher Lee is purposefully setting the situation up to help Park Jin get to where he needs to be ... :rolleyes:

• LOL 2

Looking at fans angry for putting back original actress playing Naksu for second part it is kind of pretty toxic. They should support great storyline not purely bias for certain actor/actresss. No wonder some actress never get career growth and constantly depressed in k-entertaiment.

For me Go Yoon Jung give great act too in this drama and she should shine like So Min giving the women empowerment in this drama. Strong women should support each other not putting other each other.

• Like 1

@orion00 I don’t meant bad with my previous post chingu. This drama is making a buzz not only in twitters. Even in FB  many fans have a divided opinions. Some are ok with it, some were not. 

Me: I don’t drop watching a drama with a good storyline. But my heart still goes with my OTP,  Jang Uk and Mu Deok. 

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Alchemy Of Souls” Responds To Reports Of The Female Lead Changing In Part 2

tvN’s “Alchemy of Souls” responded to news concerning Part 2.

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a new tvN fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

In the drama, Go Yoon Jung plays Nak Soo (Go Yoon Jung), whose soul suddenly wakes up in the body of Mu Deok, who is played by Jung So Min.

On July 12, a media outlet reported that “Alchemy of Souls” started filming Part 2 and that the female lead would be played by Go Yoon Jung. They added that the second part will be 10 episodes long and that all the other cast members will star in it with the same roles.

Previously, director Park Joon Hwa mentioned during the drama’s press conference that they are filming Part 2 because they can’t fit everything into 20 episodes.

In response to the reports, a source from “Alchemy of Souls” commented, “It is difficult to confirm the details related to Part 2 because it can be a spoiler for Part 1 that is currently being aired.”

Jung So Min’s agency Blossom Entertainment shared, “We ask for your understanding that we aren’t able to tell you whether she’ll be in Part 2 or not because it could be a spoiler for Part 1.” Go Yoon Jung’s agency MMA expressed the same position.

Stay tuned for further updates!

“Alchemy Of Souls” Responds To Reports Of The Female Lead Changing In Part 2 | Soompi

• Like 3

3 hours ago, orion00 said:

Looking at Jung So Min vlog probably she already done filming this drama. 

That's a pity because JSM's been doing an amazing job as Mu Deok. She's a great actress and has chemistry with all the actors. Plus, she's so fun. I hadn't watched her dramas before but now I'm a fan of hers :)

On the other hand, I was also intrigued in the first episodes by the charismatic original Naksu, so I'm happy that we will see more of her. Hope the powerful badass Naksu from the beginning will be back.

That being said, what does this mean for the story? I guess Mu Deok will recover her body and Naksu will go back to hers. Maybe Naksu's body was not burned and it was a trick, or maybe the ice stone has the power to bring it back...Then, Jang Uk who was attracted by Mu Deok's eyes and personality, I'm sure will keep in love with the original Naksu. And I wonder if they will hint a loveline between Yul and real Mu Deok...or with the Crown Prince. Maybe the Crown Prince will fall for Mu Deok and retire, so he doesn't have to fight with Uk anymore.

Anyway, hope that Uk and Naksu end up as king and queen of Daeho! I love power couples. :sparklyeyes:

• Like 2

So if Jung So Min doesn’t end up coming back for the second part of this drama, that must mean that something happens to Mu Deok in the drama then? Possibly Naksu is able to get her actual body back despite it being burned? Maybe with some powers, Naksu will be able to get her original body. Especially since they said in the article that if they reveal whether Jung So Min will be  in part 2 or not will lead to spoilers… I can’t imagine anyone else acting as Mu Deok though and with Jang Wook. Jung So Min and Lee Jae Wook have amazing chemistry! I don’t mind seeing Naksu and Jang Wook too if they go that route in part 2.

Oh man though, the fact that this will be two parts. Why can’t they just do it all in one part :crybaby: I don’t really like 2nd season or a part 2 for dramas. Just finish it all in one so I don’t have to wait that long :lol: 

Also I know what you guys mean about Hong Sisters drama. Like hotel de Luna was AMAZING (in my opinion). Great start to finish, and then we have Hwayugi where the ending is just…questionable. So Hong sister dramas can definitely be a hit or miss for sure.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1