[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

Hmm dunno how I feel about this!! Does that mean mudeok may die? Or will it be a prequel and it shows how naksu became the assassin? But then I'd wanna see how blind mudeok/jin family daughter gets to be how she is unless they show that in the next remaining eps?

Nooo I don't want jung so min to not be in it!! She's the main reason I started this drama! Unless they wrap their story in the 20eps I dunno if I can see season2! They did the same with arthdal chronicles season 2 and I don't wanna see that! But how can they announce this news whilst the 1st season is still ongoing? It could affect the ratings and drama now?! Ahh

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

... and the plot thickens -

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/07/tvns-alchemy-of-souls-responds-to-rumors-that-the-female-lead-will-be-changed-from-jung-so-min-to-go-yoon-jung-in-part-2

So ... actor/producers negotiations? ... a clever marketing ploy? ... telegraphing a character death/loss?

I for one hope its either of the first 2 - the FL was only signed after the original dropped so perhaps she simply hasn't signed on for part 2 but hopefully will -or- part 1 ends with all believing Mu-Deok is gone and we get an awesome tear jerking return. 

For my part, if they take us through 20 episodes of Jang-Uk & Mu-Deok, I won't be happy with a body switch for the last 10 episodes.  At the start I voiced concerns about who Mu-Deok was when she seemed like a random character, and Noksu swapped souls - Now we're starting to learn that Mu-Deok was a major player of some sort from the start, and it seems there are 2 souls in that 1 body.  

Knowing what little we do about Mu-Deok, and what the show is teasing us with, at this point I hope whoever Mu-Deok was she allows Noksu to remain in that body - Tell us the story, who she was and how she became merged with at least part of the Ice Stone, but I'm cringing at the idea of Jang-Uk with the original Noksu at this point as its too awkward to think about, let alone the Yul drama that would ensue if she returned to her body.

As for Lady Heo, I don't think we'll get major triangle action from it.  Mu-Deok might get a bit jealous the first time she hears Jang-Uk was in her chambers with her halfdressed, but when the whole story comes out she'll understand why, she will of course rib Jang-Uk mercilessly and we might be treated to accusations of cheating - Or perhaps Lady Heo will try to blackmail Jang-Uk into a date of 2 to keep his secret of being the "blue mage" ... should be fun. 

Dear i love your insight here. 
As for me, yes this drama has a good storyline but  JSM portrayal as Mu deok did add spice to the drama, also we can never disregards the chemistry (jung so min) that she builded up with 3 leading men.  Reason why netizens have theirs different OTP’s.

I hope for the prod to find a better resolve except for cutting Mu deok character. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Whats with the news about the change in lead actress??:surprisedwut:  Granted she talk funny but is it really because of her or something else...

I didnt see the last 4 episodes coz there is just a something  missing/not in the drama plot/ploy...... Hong sisters drama can do well when they have A/B+ list actors in it ....hmmm...currently i dont see that in this drama

(having A/B+ actors doesnt mean it can do well, story wise or what; just that it brings  attention to fans who will see it, for the sake of their favourites)

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

I actually have two prospects for the Crown Prince... either Lady Heo, or Ju Wol (very unlikely since she's a gisaeng).:sweat_smile:

I hope they reveal the backstory of the real Mudeok soon. And while it has been implied that Naksu's body was burned... this is a fantasy series... anything is possible.

But what if Part 2 is actually a prequel? And the guys are coming back to play their ancestors back when they were younger? 

I mean, Yul and Danggu are both without their parents. Perhaps they want to dig even deeper about the origins of Daeho and the ice stone and how we ended up with that confrontation between the Songrim force and Naksu in the first episode?

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Part 1 has not ended yet and so many fans worried about part 2. I'm glad they do it right away instead of waiting for several month after the drama ended.

Romance always sold in any k-drama and feed a lot of fantasies to fans and that's why a lot of ship war happen that bring to the real life..lol

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

it's probably a marketing gimmick by the production team like @LeftCoastOppa said..

main thing is, the secret of Mu Deok and how the story is going to unveil in the remaining episodes of Part 1.. before we can even guess for Part 2..

otherwise, Naksu might still have a chance with her soul shifted to another body since Jang Gang managed to do it once although it only lasted a year.. Teacher Lee should be able to do a permanent one..

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

7 hours ago, orion00 said:

If you read in the earlier page of this thread, Jung So Min is not the original actress for this drama as lead but she stepped in after the previous actress give very weak acting. I guess the storyline has been developed long before Jung So Min is casted and the original actress played Naksu will be back to complete the story. 

OMG! That's new to me, when I discovered the existence of this drama Jung So Min was already the FL. I am so shocked... XD
That S2 just makes me so uneasy about the end now... Hong sisters just can't be trusted.

10 minutes ago, scribbledjunkie said:

I mean, Yul and Danggu are both without their parents. Perhaps they want to dig even deeper about the origins of Daeho and the ice stone and how we ended up with that confrontation between the Songrim force and Naksu in the first episode?

I like your theory a lot! That would be so cool to watch. ^^

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

6 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

otherwise, Naksu might still have a chance with her soul shifted to another body since Jang Gang managed to do it once although it only lasted a year.. Teacher Lee should be able to do a permanent one..

Yup I think Teacher Lee is the main key here. He know how to revive soul and he might wait and see what happen to Mu Deok/Naksu. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

18 minutes ago, scribbledjunkie said:

I hope they reveal the backstory of the real Mudeok soon. And while it has been implied that Naksu's body was burned... this is a fantasy series... anything is possible.

I have said on this thread since ep 2 that Naksu’s body wasn’t burned.

But no one will believe my theory. Not even @Sleepy Owl

:crybaby:

I also said on this thread after ep 5&6 that the Queen was the baddie, but no one believed me either. Not even @sadthe1st and @LeftCoastOppa chingus

:criesariver:

Well I was right about the Queen. :tongue:

And I very much believe the ex-king’s soul is alive and well and living in the palace….

I still think the Queen might inhabit his soul.

Why? Because it’s likely he hasn’t been inhabiting her body for the last 20 years - he would probably have soul swapped a few times before finding the person who possessed the ice stone.

Also, most surely the King and Queen don’t sleep together anymore. They have one child who was conceived most probably more than 20 years ago anyway.

No Idea Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, moreenke said:

OMG! That's new to me, when I discovered the existence of this drama Jung So Min was already the FL. I am so shocked... XD
That S2 just makes me so uneasy about the end now... Hong sisters just can't be trusted.

Lol this thread is already one years old (created on June 2021) so they already filming this drama since last year.

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

have said on this thread since ep 2 that Naksu’s body wasn’t burned.

Yup probably Teacher Lee or Yul save the body (who knows!) because this drama full of plot twist! 

If the queen is the late king it is giving vibe of LGBT just like Mr Queen. I'm still curious who is the eunuch and why they keeping his soul. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

7 hours ago, partyon said:

Also, most surely the King and Queen don’t sleep together anymore. They have one child who was conceived most probably more than 20 years ago anyway.

:Megalol:

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Oh no no Su min, i want her as female lead, it weird, so the others will have the same role but So min will be no the female lead in part 2?!! sad sad i hope it's no true
some already said that the body of the original Nasku was not burned so it's true? !
i hope they don't change the lead female, i like the performance of JUNG SO MIN
THE NEWS RUINED THE STORY

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1
  • Blob 2

I feel like changing the fl in season 2 is a dumb decision but let's see! Also will we not be able to see mudeok fighting then??? I wanted to see jsm do some fighting scenes once she's regained her strength so will they just somehow soul switch again and it's the other gitl gooyounjung? as naksu fighting?  If I don't get to see jsm fighting I'm gunna be annoyed tbh.

Okay let me not get ahead of myself it's only been 8eps in but so far jang uk has the better portion of everything. He's like a naruto and I'd say mudeok is possibly hinata? Lol

Although I'd rather watch a prequel with gyj than a continuation of season 1 without jsm:hotinhere2:

• Like 2
  • Unamused 1
  • Blob 2

As for season 2, I am feeling uneasy about the news as… this is a Hong sisters drama. They have a tendency to screw things up sooner or later. Especially endings :grimace:

My theory on how they could get this to work somehow:

Season 1:

In the end, Mu Deok and Naksu are finally separated and Naksu somehow ends back in her own body (with Master Lee or someone else reviving it)

By now it has become clear that it’s likely Mu Deok who is in love with Uk (judging from the moments where she saves him from harm’s way and their intense connection)

Mu Deok and Uk have a happy ending. Naksu leaving her position as Uk’s master.

Season 2

Mu Deok is out somewhere else, saving the world.

Season 2 focuses on original Naksu and Yul and their loveline instead.

Cue to the end, Mu Deok returns from her battles and reunites with Uk

Everyone happy and in love.

Mu Deok and Uk

Naksu and Yul

Dang gu and Cho Yeon

Lady Heo and Crown Prince

Park Jin and Maidservant Kim 

:fullofhearts:
We will also get some abs scenes featuring ahjussi oppa Jang Gang

:lollipop:

Looney Tunes Nothing To See Here GIF

But knowing that this is a Hong sisters’ drama, I am realistic about the fact that we might be sorely disappointed . 

GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Edited by partyon
Added Park Jin, Maidservant Kim and Jang Gang
  • Like 3
  • LOL 6

4 minutes ago, partyon said:

Season 2

Mu Deok is out somewhere else, saving the world.

Season 2 focuses on original Naksu and Yul and their loveline instead.

Cue to the end, Mu Deok returns from her battles and reunites with Uk

This I don't mind haha! Let's hope they've seen your post!! :winkx:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

don’t forget your ahjussi oppa.. Park Jin and Maidservant Kim!

Omo! Thanks for reminding me chingu! :dorakiss:

I will edit my post now. :glasses:

I forgot ahjussi oppa! :scream:

Let’s give him an abs scene!

:highonflowers:

• LOL 3

i not mad for  Go yoong jung, she is a actress, she loves her job, but the timing of the announcement is not right. It should've been towards the last episode cause now viewers will be assuming so many things. We have already formed an attachment towards Jung so Min  and the characters especially Naksu/Mu deok and potential love story,and we're just on ep 8.

I hope for a clarification soon, please

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3