[Drama 2022] Love (ft. Marriage & Divorce) Season 3 결혼작사 이혼작곡

SC2019

I hate to say it, but I also like the 30s husband with the mistress.  I like her.  30s husband seems to truly love her.  

But ok, did I miss something?  The mistresses know each other?  Huh?  Oh yeah, SK is a small country where everyone knows each other :facepalm:.

Man, I really hate the 40's husband's step mom.  She pretends to be sick so her step son can tend to her?  Hello, how OLD is she?  She's like 60 going on 15! 

But, I can't wait for tomorrow's episode lol!

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

@D27Gjk68said: "Editing this comment, amazed by how how many people are ok with a guy cheating because he's cute."

I'm not ok with it but it's my way of staying neutral with his fans - notice how I still referred to him as "cheater".

@CarolynH said:  "But ok, did I miss something?  The mistresses know each other?"

If you really want to know, they met while waiting in line to a show. A guy annoyed the actress  mistress, and Mother Teresa mistress jumped in to defend her and so did big eyes mistress. Yes, it is a small world for a  lot of people.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 3

7 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Man, I really hate the 40's husband's step mom.  She pretends to be sick so her step son can tend to her?  Hello, how OLD is she?  She's like 60 going on 15!

Yup, she's really desperate isn't she. :D She will go ballistic once she finds out he has a mistress already. And that the mistress is like 30 years younger than she is.... :sweatingbullets:

On a general note:

This drama has a controversial theme and it may trigger strong emotions in us. Let's all try to keep in mind, though, that everyone has the right to voice their opinion (whatever it may be) on this thread. :kiss_wink:

It would be great if we all could be respectful towards each other even though we might have different opinions. Thanks chingus!
:dorakiss:

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

13 hours ago, partyon said:

• The recap of season 1 highlighted the fact that the sound engineer knows the 50s wife's older sister. He even named the sister. Not sure what this is going to mean for the show but the connection between them will be explored somehow in season 2 I am sure.

I don’t think he knows the older sister. It was just his indirect way to compliment her looking young, that he’s mistakenly thought she is the younger sister of Writer Lee. The other 30s and 40s wives laughed at the way he was teasing 50s wife, because they didn’t think he had it in him to pull such a joke. 

So is episode 1 a go or no-go? Number of barf bags needed? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 4

18 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I don’t think he knows the older sister. It was just his indirect way to compliment her looking young, that he’s mistakenly thought she is the younger sister of Writer Lee. The other 30s and 40s wives laughed at the way he was teasing 50s wife, because they didn’t think he had it in him to pull such a joke. 

So is episode 1 a go or no-go? Number of barf bags needed? 

In the subbed Netflix version, this is the conversation:

Sound engineer: "You look a lot like your older sister"

50s wife: "Sorry? Do you know her?" <she uses the words my unnie here>

Sound engineer: "Aren't you Ms. Lee's younger sister?"

I am interpreting this literally, because that's what the brief exchange between them indicates. :sweatingbullets:

So yeah, I am inclined to believe this is not just teasing but that he actually knows her sister.

• Like 5
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Aren't you Ms. Lee's younger sister?"

Aaaah, I see... The Chinese translation has her name and position that she usually goes by at work, which is Writer Lee. The word used in Korean also the same, Writer Lee. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

I am surprised but yet interesting to see the 40's wife has a wild imagination with the sound engineers during her "dream" (the swimming pool scene).  A very bold scene today telling us that any "perfect wife" with a so called "perfect family" could have such "dream" too, because it is normal for any woman to suppress desire as they know where their position are.

I would say the writer is very brave to bring up a controversial theme in this drama, not just triggers our emotions, but in fact, it is true for anyone. (The thin line between good and evil lays in the decisions we make)- This really depends largely on our self-control. The wife in her 40s may be interested and longing for the sound engineer in her heart, but she pretended that everything is normal since she is seeing him frequently in the workplace or outside the work areas . 

Sometimes, we have to admit, don’t we have wild fantasies in our dreams but subconsciously avoiding and suppressing the desire and emotion? :D.

This topic challenges the unconventional way of extramarital affairs. Whether it is right or wrong, based on our morals and ethics, it is left to the audience to perceive.

I am sure there will be more bold scenes coming up in the next few ep. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 5

I don't believe cheating is right, because if you have troublesome relationship, you should work on it and face the issues (be it work on it, or break it off). However, sometimes people choose the cowardly option of ignoring things or simply distract themselves to forget what is missing or their pain. Is the 30s husband a good husband? No. But he is still a human. Do I think he's trash? Yes. 

But it just looks that his marriage is unsalvageable anyway as the only reason he'd try is because his parents won't support him, actually they're being obstacles and tricking him, too. 

At this point the wife should just find her own happiness but revenge isn't going to make her happy as it won't erase her husband's cheating. 

The point is however that due to his actions he impregnated the mistress so it wouldn't be right for their baby to have an awful life simply because of his parents. 

In any case, here's a playlist for all the shameless, unapologetic cheaters of Love:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kelleydunlap/shameless-songs-for-unapologetic-cheaters?d_id=2281606&ref=bftwbuzzfeed&utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bftwbuzzfeed 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 3

Let's start from the start.... The opening scene! What was that? Of all the dramas I have seen till date, the opening scene in Love ft. Marriage and Divorce has to be the most explicit. We usually don't get such explicit, bold and intimate scenes in dramas. (Or perhaps, I have been watching the wrong dramas all these years. But did they have to ruin it with that OTT scene with his wife? Like, seriously dude? But, I wonder it was kind of an indication to the audience as to how it panned out between  Pan Sa-hyeon and Song Won. Perhaps a kind of a flashback to the audience. Does that mean, we are in for such more seduction scenes for the other two cheating couples?

Let's talk about Nam Ga-bin, she is one smooth operator. Her pick-up lines are excellent. Just sympathize with a married man, comment on how miserable he looks, and he takes and bait and falls like a ton of hot bricks. It was repulsive to see how he was 'ready to die' for the sake of an illicit relationship, forsaking his devoted wife and loving children. This leads me to question myself whether man's selfishness is all that matters. Is he so inconsiderate of others and their feelings? Is it s easy to be blinded by ones own needs that one becomes blind to all the sacrifices one spouse might have made, the years of companionship, the life they have created together? If you are truly repentant, remove yourself from his wife. You jolly well know you have destroyed a family. I want that man to suffer! He doesn't deserve any sympathy. He is selfish and irresponsible.

Coming to Pan Sa-hyeon and Song Won. Is there really any love lost between them? Is Pan Sa-hyeon really in love with her or is she a distraction for him? She is easy going and is the mother of his child. She is giving him what's been denied to him, a baby. But is he truly in love, I doubt it. His actions reveal his cares for the baby's mother because she is bearing his baby. I truly don't think he is in love with her. This euphoria is short-lived. He would again feel 'suffocated' in the relationship with Song Won after a few years, feel as if he has been forced to take responsibility. He doesn't need another woman or a baby. He needs to really know his mind and go back to what made him marry  Boo Hye-ryung in the first place. I think the writer is putting Boo Hye-ryung at a disadvantage and it is not a fair game between Boo Hye-ryung and Song Won. Yes, Boo Hye-ryung has temper issues, she has been abusive. But i would like to consider the circumstances that brought out the violent side of her. No, of course, it doesn't justify her behaviour. She was a nutcase in the first season. But, to me fair ground is one when two leads are evenly matched. Don't paint one as an evil , violent abuser while painting the other as an oasis in the desert. Moreover, I wish Boo Hye-ryung would become pregnant too. Let's test Pan Sa-hyeon and see what he truly wants. is it just the thought of a baby that's driving him or does he love Song Won and truly wants to be with her, baby or no baby.

I find the portrayal of these three characters very problematic because if we really give it a thought, he is just like  Park Hae-ryun who feels that he has been denied a life because he was roped in his responsibilities as a husband and as a father, and thus he missed out on his life. To him, Lee Si-eun is what Boo Hye-ryung, is to Pan Sa-hyeon. Shackles! So why must I feel forgiving towards Pan Sa-hyeon and unforgiving towards Park Hae-ryun? Because Pan Sa-hyeon is handsome and young and is over the moon because he is going to be a father and taking such good care of his mistress, the mother of his baby? But I should hate Park Hae-ryun because he is not having a baby and over the moon while taking care of his mistress? It is wrong to forgive wither of them. They have both broken the trust of their partners. I really don't want Pan Sa-hyeon and Song Won to end up together. He doesn't truly  love her. Finally, what kind of message are you sending out? It is okay for one to cheat because he was miserable in his married life, but condemn the other? Both their wives were devoted. Their reactions to their news of cheating was different. But the sin is the same and must not be forgiven., baby or no baby. 

Finally, we come to the sly  couple Shin Yu-shin and A Mi. They are truly a match made in heaven. All these three women are knowingly wrecking someone's house. It is very much in their power to put an end to their illicit relationship, but they refuse to sever all ties with these otherwise committed men.  You shan't covet your neighbor's wife. This is true for the usual love triangle between Yu-shin , A Mi and Kim Dong-mi. In fact, it is true for all three mistresses. But somehow, it seems to be more applicable to the bizarre trio comprising  Yu-shin , A Mi and Kim Dong-mi. I loved the scene where all three realized they are being secretly  judgmental of Song Won but at the same time realize they are equally guilty of the same sin. I am waiting for Karma to take its revenge. This better be a good Season of Revenge and Settling scores. Season 1 was disappointing post EP 8. Time for Karma to come into play. The husbands need to be taught a lesson. Each of those men have a lot of learn, each needs to learn a different lesson, but the bottomline should be cheating never pays. Otherwise, I'd say that they are sending out a very very wrong message to the society. You are giving a license to cheat to all the men and women in relationship. So, if it is not working out, instead of sorting out, go have an affair, find solace in the arms of someone else!

Can we please take a moment to appreciate the delicate darling, Kim Dong-mi and his fabulous acting in front of her daughter in law. That lady, oh my, oh my! She is such a cunning vixen. But, she doesn't know what she is up against, the master of deceits.  Whispering sweet nothings in his wife's ears, showing so much concern and mock jealousy, taking her shopping while behind her back, you are having an affair with a much younger woman.

I love the bonding between the brother and sister. They are two sensible people who support each other and are each other's strength. Love the banter between  Pan Mun-ho and So Ye-jeong. They care for each other in spite of all that bickering. But I can't understand their stand. Are they excited only because of the baby? Do they not like Boo Hye-ryung, and would not mind getting rid of her? In spite of her flaws, I really do feel for Boo Hye-ryung,. No one deserves to be cheated on. Btw, what did that pause while eating indicate? A realization that she is pregnant too? That would be a superb twist.

Joesonghabnida for the long, long, long rant. It just brings out too many tumultuous and conflicting emotions in me. Gamsahabnida for a patient hearing, chingus. :heartxoxo:

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

I feel glad that the kiss in swimming pool is just Piyoung's dream. But in the season 1, she did not show any sign of interests towards the sound engineer. Suddenly he appears in her dream with such a weird interaction. Seems like that scene is unnecessary. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I don't think that the 30's husband loves the mistress as @confusedheart326 said. She was just a sense of fresh air for him. Like he said there is nothing to end it was just a one time thing that turned into a baby. He was just attracted to her sexually. 

30s husband is behaving like a child.

All of the older characters are annoying except from the wives

I didn't really watch all of season one but has the 40s husband ever shown interest in his step mother? 

• Like 5
  • Blob 3

Can someone explain me timeline? As far as I remember the past was "8 months ago". 30's husband said, that they slept only once and now she is on month pregnant. So they were dating for half a year or what?

And I was shocked to hear that both lawyer and his mistress are sure, that they were not dating and there is nothing they could end. So it's ok to act that way behind your partners back?

• Like 5
  • Blob 3

Hi everyone!!! This is my first comment in this page :)) I like being a silent reader so i read all your comments in here. :)) After reading all your comments, i want to share my pov of this drama. Like in the drama all the married-man cheated. But while you all agree the 40's and 50's man is trash, some people still try to understand the action of 30's guy just because his wife isn't act like normal wife right? I really feel bad for her. Like you try to ask 30's wife to care about his child. With her, the baby is absolutely a stranger. She has no feeling for his baby. So don't ask her to care about his mistress or his baby. She only try to save her own family. But i think she will divorce him. There is no excuse for cheating nomatter how bad your partner is. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 4

After watching EP 2, I now know why Pan Sa-hyeon is a good layer. He is very good at pleading, rather nagging constantly. Leaves no stone unturned to convince and persuade people to his way of thinking. He said there was nothing between him and Song Won before that one night. He confessed that they just met and talked about life. But isn't that emotional cheating? You sharing your intimate, emotional thoughts and feelings with someone, a third party, isn't that cheating? I am extremely annoyed with Pan Sa-hyeon. They hardly knew each other. If you observe his interactions, it is clear he is not in love with her. He is obsessed with the baby and he sees Song Won as a way out. He himself confessed that not everything was bad with his wife. Marriage is not always a smooth sailing. Is he going to play the blame game instead of trying to sort the issues? I am disappointed in Song Won too. Among all the mistresses, she seemed like the most sensible. What is she even thinking, giving him mixed signals. I hate them both. He was getting on my nerves today. Grow up and please be a man. For once think of the devastation your carelessness has left behind in the lives of two women, one of them his wife. More than Boo Hye-ryung , I blame Pan Sa-hyeon. Even now he is talking so childishly when he proposes that his mother would give Song Won company, and he would continue like before and talk about life in general as they did before , simultaneously be in touch with his baby. I mean what are you even smoking? Please grow up and take notice of the mess! (Sorry Sung Hoon!)

What absurd theater is this? A ghost now, seriously? Why make it so bizarre! Oh what's with Kim Dong-mi giggling like a 17 year old girl as she played hide and seek with Yu-shin? Even the childish lover's tiff of not taking his calls, she's too old to play such games. Give us a break lady!  

How old is A Mi again? 7? Such petulance? Yu-shin'S daughter is way more mature than her. Throwing fits? Why? Didn't he make it clear that he would never let the affair get serious? Did he not make it clear that you were a distraction that he enjoyed? What are you expecting, the status of his wife? She can sulk till the cows come home. I have no sympathy for her. She needs to grow up and smell coffee. Yu-shin, you glib talker. You have so many women eating out of your hand. I wish all three of them , (including his step mother) would gang up against him and teach him a lesson. He thinks he is too smooth. I can't stand how he deceives his wife. At least the others came clean. This is disgusting! I feel sorry for the wife. I would rather take the truth than be deceived day in day out and make a fool of myself. She has done no wrong and doesn't deserve such kind of treatment from him.  He wants to have his cake and eat it too.

I am amazed at the behaviour of  Park Hae-ryun. Can a man, a father change so much? Can he be blinded by the newness of a relationship that he would forget his own children? Does he think money is all that his children need?

I think the best scene today was when Park Hyang-gi opened the door to her father's study and found it so empty, devoid of her father's presence. It was severing whatever little ties he had with the family. It seemed so final! It made me choke. Stay strong children, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You are better off without a parent like him.

I am interested to know if the writer would make  Boo Hye-ryung have an affair with the Engineer's younger brother. TBH, I don't. It is making things easier, clearing the way for Song Won and Pan Sa-hyeon. Why should it be so easy? Why make it an easy choice between good, saintly, understanding, the mother of my child and a hot tempered , violent , wife who is having an affair? Pan Sa-hyeon has wronged his wife. A fact that can never be discounted. He should stop running after the chimera of his ideal woman and sort himself out first. He needs to be a man. Think about his life's priorities. He can't be running amok disrupting the lives of women around him.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 4

Just watched ep 2 and what kind of ghost show is this?

I just thought I left one ghost show behind as Sell Your Haunted House had its last episode this week, but nooo.... :unamused:

30s couple

• I feel bad for Sa Hyun. His parents are scheming together with his wife, and pressuring him to stay married. Just because the wife had an ulcer, it is not a reason to stop someone from getting a divorce. The heart wants what the heart wants, and by forcing him to stay, they are just going to make everybody suffer. The marriage is over.
  • I also felt bad to see how hard it was for him to stay away from Won and their baby. They really truly love each other and are each other's soul mates. That is clear from their discussions and interactions in ep 1 and 2.
    It looked like even Sa Hyun's mother realized what an extraordinary situation her son and Won were in. I guess it could be called fate.
  • My biggest hope is that Sa Hyun's parents decide to help Sa Hyun achieve happiness with Won.
  • Looks like the 30s wife is meeting the sound engineer's brother in ep 3, and I actually like the pairing. Both are passionate souls, and would match well. I hope they find happiness with each other. :kiss_wink:

40s couple

• I'm so tired of the story going nowhere.
    How long are we supposed to wait until the 40s wife finally realizes that her hubby is a cheater? Probably a serial one at that. Pretty sure A Mi isn't his first mistress.
  • The stepmom and 40s hubby hide and seek scene was confusing and also a little bit barf
  • The 40s hubby clearly doesn't have genuine feelings towards his mistress (unlike the 30s hubby). A Mi should pack her bags and find herself someone else

50s couple

• So the husband "abandoned" the kids too? Ouch. Instead of texting them, he left them money? Okay, way to not win a father of the year award... :wacko:
  • I feel really sorry for the 50s wife here. She is working so hard to keep it together, while her ex-husband is already talking about marriage with his mistress.
  • The funny thing about the 50s hubby and his mistress is that they clearly don't even love each other. The 50s husband escaped his emotions and problems in his marriage, and the mistress ran away from her emotions after a bad breakup. There is no way that their relationship will survive in the long run. Neither are in the relationship for the right reasons and with genuine feelings.

Sound engineer and brother

• Oh they are obviously from an affluent family. I am just super curious to understand what the connection to the 50s wife's family is.
  • I really like the sound engineer. He just seems to have it all together - whether he ends up with the 40s or the 50s wife, he'll make a great partner. :wub:

My predictions for the ending?

• 30s couple will divorce. Hubby will end up with his mistress. Wife will end up with the sound engineer's brother.
  • 40s couple will divorce. 40s wife might end up with the sound engineer. The hubby will end up alone, losing everyone around him
  • 50s couple is the only couple that have a shot at reconciliation. I think the hubby deep down loves his wife and actually will realize his mistake once he is able to face his feelings of inadequacy he was plagued with during his marriage. Not sure if the wife will want him back anymore, but my sincerest hope is that the 50s wife will find happiness. :kiss_wink:

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

On 6/12/2021 at 9:57 PM, partyon said:

Aigoo... So the 30s wife is just digging her own grave here. She clearly doesn't trust her husband, and they had huge problems in their marriage even before her husband cheated. They are just incompatible on so many levels. Yet she is on her little revenge path here, and she's doing everything she can to make her husband pay.
Poor 30s husband is now confused too - having his wife who has teamed up with his parents do everything they can to part him from his child and his true love....
In the end, I just hope that the baby will be alright. And I hope that his parents truly start thinking about their own child and supporting his happiness instead.

Noona, I think the 30s wife got to let things go and that is the best for her. Yes, she wants revenge, but what will she gain from the revenge? She will ruin that guy's life, and doing so she will ruin herself. I am sure she will not really feel any better once she is done with her revenge. She got to know that their marriage is over, and honestly, it was over for a while now. 

One big difference between the 30s wife and the 30s husband is that the later found someone with whom he could share his actual thoughts without thinking much about being judged. And once again, no one just falls in love with someone's physical appearance, that's attraction, and as the drama just showed, even the 40s wife feels attracted to the PD Dude to have a dream like that. Attractions happen, but it is the interaction he had with her that made him feel different. 

Was it wrong? Yes. But, even if it is wrong, it does not mean that he does not love his mistress here. Am I rooting for them? Yes, since I feel like they are happy together. 

The 30s wife is wronged, yes. Did she really try for their marriage to survive? I don't think so. She took a lot of things for granted. Honestly, she does not even have respect for his parents, seeing the ringtone she set for his mom, and the whole birthday scene that happened. 

The mistress is pregnant, and if we think that the 30s guy is only with her for the baby, I don't think so. And if we are to think who he will choose if both were pregnant, well, he got to take responsibility for both kids, even if he chooses to stay with either of them. This guy is not evil enough to abandon his kid if his wife does give birth to one. He will make sure to support the kid as long as that lady allow him to. 

The parents too need to think what is best for their kid. The marriage is gone, they got to accept it, and nothing will change now with their daughter in law wanting to have a kid now, since their son already said they are out of love. Having a kid will also not solve the problems of their marriage. They need to understand this. 

The best thing for the 30s wife is, to leave that trash husband, and start afresh. The 30s husband could be trash for what he did to his wife, but that does not mean he is just lusting over his mistress here. I think he will end up with her and live happily.

The marriage was a mistake by both of them. But now that the 30s husband is taking a stand for the first time in his life, it means that he is changing now. He wants to protect his child and his love. And I really hope that nothing happens to the woman he loves and the baby she is carrying. 

From what I see, we have 3 couples, and there will be 3 outcomes. 

1. The 30s husband living happily with his mistress. 

2. The 40s dude ending up alone, with no one around him. 

3. The 50s guy getting back to his family. 

1. There is love between the 30s husband and his mistress, and they seem quite compatible, so I hope they do end up together and live happily. 

2. The 40s dude might claim to love his wife, and also love her. But by the looks of it he is enjoying doing what he is doing, but he does not love the mistress. It is opposite for the mistress though and she does love him. But in the end, he will end up alone, since the wife will definitely leave him, the stepmom must be busy with the Ghost dude, and the mistress realizing how naïve she was. 

3. There is no real feeling involved between this couple here. The 50s husband wants to run away from the responsibilities he had, and also the guilt of not doing things he could not do because of the family. Plus he also has got some inferiority complex for his wife, since she did a lot for the family and him. 

The mistress on the other hand wants to get over her break up. And, the 50s guy does know this, since he said something related to it. So their relationship does not really involve much feelings, and it will be the one to end first. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

17 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Noona, I think the 30s wife got to let things go and that is the best for her. Yes, she wants revenge, but what will she gain from the revenge? She will ruin that guy's life, and doing so she will ruin herself. I am sure she will not really feel any better once she is done with her revenge. She got to know that their marriage is over, and honestly, it was over for a while now. 

30's wife has no one by her side. She is alone with this problem. If she has a good friend, I'm sure she would end thing long ago.

One big difference between the 30s wife and the 30s husband is that the later found someone with whom he could share his actual thoughts without thinking much about being judged. And once again, no one just falls in love with someone's physical appearance, that's attraction, and as the drama just showed, even the 40s wife feels attracted to the PD Dude to have a dream like that. Attractions happen, but it is the interaction he had with her that made him feel different. 

They mostly talked about their marriages, so I don't know...

I think 30's husband still doesn't know what he wants and he just 32. And i'm almost sure, that few years later he will have a change of priorities. Maybe this mistress will able to keep him, but if he meet another beautiful lady, who knows...

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3