[Drama 2022] Love (ft. Marriage & Divorce) Season 3 결혼작사 이혼작곡

SC2019

9 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

2. Back to the essential meaning of this drama that sparked controversy and triggered our emotions, there will be two extremes.

• If we look at the negative side of this drama, yes, i agreed with you that cheating become allowed in the relationship, which is completely wrong and will trigger any single or couple's fear of getting married soon.
  • On the positive side, it allows the audience to reflect (like a mirror) for all the adulterers and divorcees, think about and learn a lesson from their relationship. Any divorced person who wants to remarry must learn from past mistakes so that we can know what we want and need in the next relationship.
  • This drama shown there is no "happy marriage" (only in fairy tales), only compromised and committed marriage. One of the good example is the old folks, 60s age old couple. (there are often small quarrels but they stay compromised and committed).

am way too lazy to watch this drama and it is far more easier to just read the thread comments. hahahah.. but I always wonder what it is about cheating dramas that get people annoyed on soompi. it is not like we don't see cheating in other genres like weekend or daily dramas but most of the time, they don't get the reactions that you see in barf dramas like these.. 

like @africandramalover, most of the time, we are just watching with half eye closed and we don't really care. a divorced couple may choose to get back together after cheating like in "be my dream family". a guy who is married to his murderer decides to have an emotional affair with the look alike of his supposedly dead ex-girlfriend/fiance -- "miss montecristo". technically he is a cheater but that is not what annoyed some of us viewers -- it is that he is married to the woman who basically tried to kill his ex and he wants to get back with her. ummm, now that is a reunion I sincerely does not happen because that is ridiculous and super toxic but it is a kdrama daily and that could happen!!!! hahahaha... I totally digress. 

so my observation from being a long-time soompi member is this: there are several groups of people watching cheating dramas and this results in very different reactions and views. now all camps would agree that cheating is an emotional sword but it is how the characters that are viewed can be divisive

1. camp 1 -- cheating is wrong and all cheaters are bad

2. camp 2 -- cheating is wrong but we are human and we do all sorts of stupid things. should we look at the character of the person and not judge them solely based on some amount of stupidity which we all can do?

3. camp 3 -- this is realistic and happens in the world. lets psychoanalyze the relationship to see what went wrong as that can be kind of interesting as well as educational. in reality tv viewers speak, this is armchair psychology

4. camp 4 -- I have totally heard of worse gossip. this drama is just child play. yawn. pass me the popcorn!

5. camp 5 -- I am watching this while having my dinner/playing on the phone. I don't care what happens to any of the characters as long as time passes...

6. camp 6 -- where is the gifs and pics?! I want some laughs

7. camp 7 -- am only watching this for my fav oppa... 

then there are also cultural/personal beliefs/perspectives that come in. some cultures are far more pragmatic when it comes to marriage and cheating -- meaning they are not surprised if if happens and if it does, the cheater is often given a side eye but the couple is still encouraged to stay together for kids/status/money etc. then there are cultures that have a more romantic view of marriage, its longevity and commitment. so a break in vow is far more earth shattering. then there are those who are somewhere in the middle -- way of the world, nothing is permanent! people are human kind of view.. then there are who have had a personal/family/friend experience with cheating, its aftermath and are watching with those lens/perspective. also, their lens depends on how they processed that and which stage of life they are in.... 

my point is that depending on the camp and your own culture/perspective, there are going to be a variety of reactions. the trick is to be able to listen to each other's view even if you complete disagree. it can lead to interesting discussions when we listen (with respect and not shut them out) and sometimes we might learn something along the way. even if we don't change our point of view, it can be very educational to realize that there are lots of different views out there. it isn't necessary to agree - we can always agree to disagree. but yea, the fun of these dramas is really the conversation more than anything else.  :)

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 3
  • Insightful 1

Is it just me or do the men here have pretty nice skin? Especially 50s and 40s husband. Their face looks so youthful! How unfair...

The "erotic" dream sequence was funny, especially when mistress turned into wife. Although, 30s wife appears to be a bit more sympathetic  and not all out selfish as S1. At least she didn't ask to have the child aborted which would be cold blooded. But having seen how reluctant her husband is to part with the mistress, I wonder what she is holding on to. Can she really put everything behind? Would having her own baby solve the problems in their marriage? Many here seem to doubt 30s husband care and love for the mistress. In my opinion, he is sincere. At least for now. But I do agree he is easily influenced and there is no guarantee that he and mistress will live happily ever after. I prefer 30s wife to leave her husband. She shouldn't force herself to have a baby if that isn't what she really wants. She is still young, she shouldn't tie herself with a child-man who cannot fully appreciate her.

40s husband and his mistress is having a rough ride, it seems. So his unwillingness to more is beginning to bug the mistress. Good for you! Leave while you still can. 40s wife erotic dream is a little random, despite the fact that between the 3 ladies, I think 40s wife has the best chance at ending with sound engineer. However, I do not like her controlling her daughter's food. The daughter isn't even overweight, having the same breakfast as her parents is not a bad thing. I still feel like this couple has the fakest marriage despite being all happy and lovey dovey...

Last season we didn't spend much time with 50s mistress. She's the one we know the least. But oh my... Last season she made a very indecent proposal but this season we see her not being remorseful. She does not show sympathy to or guilt at wrecking another woman's marriage. Is she really over sound engineer's brother? It seems like she will be the first mistress to interact with the wives. I wonder if by the time they meet, would she have known one of them was the one she stole from?

From the preview it also seems that sound engineers brother will have an encounter with 30s wife. Will he be her new love interest? Is he really over with 50s mistress? He is quite good looking, but sound engineer seems to think he is perfectly matched with 50s mistress though...

Once again the best couple is 60s husband and wife and 60s widow remains the barf bag. What's the deal with 60s ghost anyway?

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

Annyeonghaseyo yeorobuun. Olaenman-ieyo!!

I wanna share my POV for Love (ft Marriage & Divorce) season 2.

The opening season 2  - it's a MAKJANG MADNESS guys!!!! It's Phoebe's style you know. She will always wrote the unpredictable scene like that. Raccoon's fire!!!!

But first, let's understand the timeline half from episode 1, season 2.

- Still in FLASHBACK BUT it was 7-8 months after all of the cheaters met their mistress during early autumn/winter. The current timeline was end of autumn towards spring as we can see a lot of flowers and the weather is so fine too.

It's the week after Bu Hye Ryeong's parents flew from Canada to get the treatment in Korea. Remember in episode 16, after Pan Sa Hyeon's night out at Gangneung with his dark lover, Song Won, BHR said that his father was diagnosed with colorectal cancer and asked PSH's father to make an appointment at hospital (wow, she really used up her FIL's money and status as PSH's father is rich and have VIP room at the hospital. (Such a raccoon, sorry for BHR bias!) Also, BHR said to PSH, she should tell the foot massage place to her parents & PSH's eomma said their in-laws will fly to Canada on Wednesday (which means her parents was in Korea at that time) And actually it's not cancer tho. 

The reason I can captured that week in the same week after PSH went back from Gangneung, as PSH still can't reach Song Won & he still feel disturb. Before his parents-in-law fly back to Canada, he went to SW's house to try his luck to meet SW. Luckily he met SW by the elevator and then they went into SW's house even SW tried to avoid him by closing the elevator door. We already knew that SW went to Jeju Island, her oppa's house as we can see, her SIL informed SW that her oppa asked to eat out, during her pregnancy test check up in the bathroom. PSH said his PIL will fly next week and he will settle up his divorce with BHR a week after. Then SW spilled the tea that she is pregnant. SW is still in early stage (maybe around 2/3 weeks) as she still didn't feel nauseous and throw up. 

The scene they at the women's clinic, the fetus maybe around 5 weeks as they got the sonogram already. We can see also, PSH bought that d*rn red phone and showed to SW during their butter spreading scene in the restaurant. And PSH bought that d*rn red phone after he knew about the pregnancy.

Timeline PRESENT - episode 1

PSH met Dr Cho (his family doctor) that he called hyung during sauna session. PSH told him that BHR won't divorce him. This was after BHR knows about his dark lover's pregnancy but she doesn't want to divorce him (showed in episode 5, BHR called when PSH ate sandwich & cursed him). It was believed the sauna scene was the week before SW, NGB & Ami went to Jeju Island (maybe the same timeline when the 3 went to amusement park.) Also, SW come clean with the girls that she's 8 weeks pregnant during their trip to Jeju Island. Also the same week when BHR asked PSH to end his relationship with SW. Also PSH's eomma also mentioned that PSH's dark lover is at 8-weeks pregnant after she & PSH's abeoji secretly meeting with BHR.

Timeline PRESENT - episode 2

When BHR caught "Nonhyeon-dong" name on the that d*rn red phone, maybe SW was around 7 weeks pregnant because PSH mentioned "my wife saw me when we were taking over the phone. And last week my wife vomited blood due to acute duodenal ulcer, she had to be hospitalized, so I couldn't push (to get divorce) any further" when they met after SW back from Jeju Island. 

I keep check back the episodes in season 1 and 2 to check back the timeline. Only confused me, Sunghoon looks a bit thinner (so much thinner) than the season 1 (PRESENT), but it doesn't matter, it's not really changed the universe of the drama.

Ok now for the recap for episode 1

PSH, BHR, SW, PSH's parents

PSH, for me, he really wants to be with SW as he mentioned about divorce before SW told him that she is pregnant. Love? He thinks he's in love but SW, for me just she feels so conformable with him around, as she have someone to lean on and talk to. She try to love PSH but she knows that is wrong. Her plan initially is to end it all during last night they made out, but PSH seems can't forget her. And I believe, PSH didn't slept with SW to get baby as SW numerous times told him that she can't get pregnant and end up getting a divorce. When SW told him, he even pinched himself, showing that he never dream about having a baby with SW. The baby truly a miracle for both of them, even the way baby being conceived was wrong, but baby is totally pure and innocent. The parents who need to repent and ask forgiveness from all people that they hurt.

I love they way they celebrate the news. PSH showed what gentleman is. Even he knew that he was wrong (he has an affair, and it's totally wrong) but SW pregnant with his child (miracle child) and he have to do something to make both eomma & baby happy. The way he asked flowers was so so cute, and the way he told SW that he wants to commemorate the day they knew about the baby, by cooking for them, was wayyyyyyy to cute!!! 

BHR mentioned that she didn't believes PSH but she believes PSH's parents. And the way she asking for them to buy PSH's dark lover a house secretly so that PSH won't see her again, and FOR HER TO GET PREGNANT, wow!!! Bravo!! You have showed your dark and evil side, using pregnancy baits to get your revenge and satisfy your evil plan. She's the type of person that will never lose to anyone, especially to other woman who snatch her husband. And I can't believe PSH's parents fall for her plan. Neomu silh-eo!!!!

Dr Shin, SPY, Ami & evil halmeoni, Kim Dong Mi & ghost halabeoji, Dr Shin senior

In the flashback, evil halmeoni sensed that Dr Shin senior sang in the bathroom and thinking he would die soon. What can I say about Dr Shin... I truly hate him. Such a greedy man! Poor Sa Pi Young. But Ms Phoebe, the writer-nim always playing with our heart. She made SPY dreamt about Seo Ban, what????!!!! At first during the teaser, they showed it like they true having an affair but then I realized, this must be a dream, and it turned it so RIGHT!!!! No denial, once a while, we can have that "intimate" dream about someone that we always see either at work, at regular café, even our own good friends. It just a dream but maybe it's a sign for Seo Ban "glorious days" later in the drama. Maybe he will be the "prey" between SPY, BHR and even Writer Lee. Who knows, right? FYI, there's a lot of possibilities in makjang world. Evil halmeoni always steals the show. SPY sensed something since season 1 and she will try her best to prevent her step MIL to get close with her husband, without knowing that the evil halmeoni was his first love, and he also having another dark affair with Ami. My God!! What's in the world that we are living now????? Ghost halabeoji, it's TRULY MAKJANG style. He will gets his revenge I suppose! Maybe Dongmi will choke on the gimbap that she made for Dr Shin junior or get dementia later or having a mental disturb because she always see ghost of Dr Shin senior. HarHarHar....

Writer Lee, Prof Park & the kids.

Poor the kids. During the flashback, NGB asked "is your wife OK with it, you went out and getting home late." And Prof Park said he rather die and can't live without NGB, and NGB said she never dream to fall for that evil professor. Aigoooo... Poor Writer Lee. And i skip the scene she sang the song. Kbye, don't want to hear it.

That's it for episode 1. Will be back for episode 2 later..... 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 4

@Lmangla said: "2. camp 2 -- cheating is wrong but we are human and we do all sorts of stupid things. should we look at the character of the person and not judge them solely based on some amount of stupidity which we all can do? "

Classic famous words from a cheater: "I'm only human." What gets the wife or husband is that the cheater continues to be Human. And comes up with every excuse to justify their decision making process. They may think they got away with it but years later, sowing what you reap comes knocking at the door. Best thing to do is make peace and ask for forgiveness from the person(s) you wronged. By the way, that guy in monte cristo, as most dramas go, he will find out that he did love his wife after being with her all those years and knowing what she did.  Guess that the good side of being human. Love can cover all things. I watch for #6. 

Listen to parents advice. They speak from wisdom.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

45 minutes ago, hsmz said:

But first, let's understand the timeline half from episode 1, season 2.

- Still in FLASHBACK BUT it was 7-8 months after all of the cheaters met their mistress during early autumn/winter. The current timeline was end of autumn towards spring as we can see a lot of flowers and the weather is so fine too.

It's the week after Bu Hye Ryeong's parents flew from Canada to get the treatment in Korea. Remember in episode 16, after Pan Sa Hyeon's night out at Gangneung with his dark lover, Song Won, BHR said that his father was diagnosed with colorectal cancer and asked PSH's father to make an appointment at hospital

I can't understand, how its possible. Pan Sa Hyeon said, that they slept only once. So they were "not dating" for 7 months after they met?

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

am way too lazy to watch this drama and it is far more easier to just read the thread comments. hahahah.. but I always wonder what it is about cheating dramas that get people annoyed on soompi. it is not like we don't see cheating in other genres like weekend or daily dramas but most of the time, they don't get the reactions that you see in barf dramas like these.. 

Thanks for your interesting sharing :wub:

I think the 3 couples and the 3 mistresses storylines are more like real events in our daily lives, which may just happen to our family or friends around us. The only thing most viewers (so far) feel disgusting is that the stepmother and the appearance of her "ghost" husband caused more controversial discussions on any social media platform. I don't know why the writer planted the "ghost" in this S2 - the story may suddenly turn upside down and become illogical if the "ghost" husband appeared. Will the phantom drive the stepmother felt guilty and confess later on? Let's wait and see. 

Many viewers think that stepmother is a manipulative and toxic mother in the play, and I agree. But wait, do you think this character happened in the real world— yes, it did happen. I remember I met a couple and they told me that their relationship was very unstable, not because of an affair with a woman outside, but because the mother-in-law was too possessive of her own son. She is easily jealous whenever her son treats the wife well. The possessive mother wants extra care and attention from her son especially when she feels lonely and loses her husband. 

For this 40's couple, i find it interesting to watch how the 40s wife handles and plays strategy with the stepmother by introducing a new boyfriend to her, their conversation has a prickly or hash taste. This dramatic dialogue is very interesting, it could either tell their motives or inspire your thoughts. :D

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

45 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

I can't understand, how its possible. Pan Sa Hyeon said, that they slept only once. So they were "not dating" for 7 months after they met?

Possible on the first try tho. The writer wanna show that miracle do happens, and a lot of people got baby on their first try too. If you watch Hollywood movies, some movies showed first knocked up too. Example Knocked Up (Katherine Heigl)

Yes, they didn't consider it as dating as PSH mentioned in season 1 (during flashback) that they won't define their relationship. Not friend, not lover, not noona-dongsaeng, just 2 person meet occasionally and share interest and talking without skinship or thinking about sex. I know someone out there also define their relationship just like this. But if you follow season 1, they do meet occasionally like learning to bike, coincidentally met at bookstore, had dinner. Along the meeting, PSH developed some feelings & SW too but they won't define it as it will getting complicated. And it turned to be complicated as they made out during PSH's night out after the argument with his wife & then the pregnancy. Aigooo...

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

17 minutes ago, hsmz said:

Possible on the first try tho. The writer wanna show that miracle do happens, and a lot of people got baby on their first try too. If you watch Hollywood movies, some movies showed first knocked up too. Example Knocked Up (Katherine Heigl)

Yes, they didn't consider it as dating as PSH mentioned in season 1 (during flashback) that they won't define their relationship. Not friend, not lover, not noona-dongsaeng, just 2 person meet occasionally and share interest and talking without skinship or thinking about sex. I know someone out there also define their relationship just like this. But if you follow season 1, they do meet occasionally like learning to bike, coincidentally met at bookstore, had dinner. Along the meeting, PSH developed some feelings & SW too but they won't define it as it will getting complicated. And it turned to be complicated as they made out during PSH's night out after the argument with his wife & then the pregnancy. Aigooo...

I know that it possible on the first try. But I can't understand how it's possible, that they met 8 months ago, but she got pregnant 7 months later. So they met each other for 7 long months.

And I think that they were dating. It's just very selfish for them not to say, that it was emotional cheating  that leading to a physical cheating. 

I don't care how they call it. For me it's cheating. All normal pairs dating the same way they did. It's clearly dating.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Blob 2

4 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

I know that it possible on the first try. But I can't understand how it's possible, that they met 8 months ago, but she got pregnant 7 months later. So they met each other for 7 long months.

And I think that they were dating. It's just very selfish for them not to say, that it was emotional cheating  that leading to a physical cheating. 

I don't care how they call it. For me it's cheating. All normal pairs dating the same way they did. It's clearly dating.

Yes, no denial PSH clearly cheating after their first sushi dinner and he end up kissed her forehead. And then he started develop feelings to make her happy, he said to himself after the porridge supper at SW's house. Yes, it was started with emotional cheating and lead to physical cheating till SW is pregnant, on their first try! It was totally wrong but unless we are in the same shoe, we can judge much but we can never understand. I once being scolded by my school sunbae, when I posted FB status " I don't understand why maiden loves to snatch someone's husband. More worst, someone's wife having an affair with someone's husband. Hell is waiting for them" She said, unless you are in their shoe, you can say anything you want, wait till you involve with it. My oh my, it was harsh! Hahahaha..

Nevertheless I didn't agree or being supportive regarding cheating because I believe cheating started from various of reasons. 

Better pack your bag & leave once love has fade away, no more talking & flings to avoid cheating happen. It's the best decision ever! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, hsmz said:

It's the week after Bu Hye Ryeong's parents flew from Canada to get the treatment in Korea. Remember in episode 16, after Pan Sa Hyeon's night out at Gangneung with his dark lover, Song Won, BHR said that his father was diagnosed with colorectal cancer and asked PSH's father to make an appointment at hospital (wow, she really used up her FIL's money and status as PSH's father is rich and have VIP room at the hospital. (Such a raccoon, sorry for BHR bias!) Also, BHR said to PSH, she should tell the foot massage place to her parents & PSH's eomma said their in-laws will fly to Canada on Wednesday (which means her parents was in Korea at that time) And actually it's not cancer tho. 

Sorry, WHAT??? So if your father was diagnosed with cancer you won't use all your connections so your father will get a best doctor? Because I will. So yes, I'm also such a selfish person.

After this 2 episodes I pity Hye Ryeong even more. So her husband secretly dating other woman for 7 months and started to gas-lighting her. She wasn't happy, she was thinking about divorce. Soddenly she found out that her father is sick. Her parents came to Korea. I'm sure she spent a lot of time in hospital with her father. I'm sure it was a big stress for her and she wasn't healthy from the start. Luckily it wasn't a cancer, but soon after her parents returned to Canada she found out that her husband cheating on her and his mistress is pregnant. No wonder she got an ulcer. Common, give her a break!!! She hasn't any mental health to end everything. She can't call her parents and say, that what their son-in-law was with an other woman when her father was in hospital. If she divorced she can't be a dj of this program any more. She will collapse.

She is not a villain, its just her way to survive. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Rules are made for a reason. To protect you and society. Yes, if I were in their shoes, I will end up with the consequences.  Some wives want to have coffee with their old male friends. A wise husband will not let this happen. This is where it starts. The husbands who gets drunk with coworkers and end up knocking somebody up who isn't their wife. Or they start to have feeling for their coworker because they spent a lot of time together and they are supportive and seductive. Yes, being in their shoes means I allowed it to happen.

Sa Hyun and Song Won - how old are they. Mid 30's and mid 40's. Did they not take sex education class in high school.  Most guys carry a condom in their wallet at all times. This is a wise man, married or not. These guys know making a baby can happen with a one night stand. If not, then comes the paternity suit and child support. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 3

17 hours ago, At the dawn said:

He had said that the step mother is just like his first love. 

That is weird. If the step mother raised him then i am surprised that he turned out like this because she basically groomed him

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

6 minutes ago, brooksmom said:

Sa Hyun and Song Won - how old are they. Mid 30's and mid 40's. Did they not take sex education class in high school.  Most guys carry a condom in their wallet at all times. This is a wise man, married or not. These guys know making a baby can happen with a one night stand. If not, then comes the paternity suit and child support. 

Even if they were so sure that she can't get pregnant, they couldn't be so sure that their partner was healthy. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

@brooksmom First, I loved your description of the three mistresses somewhere  in the previous few pages. Not only humourous but also very apt. :D I must say you were too kind in your description.

@dzareth Yes, I agree with you about their flawless skin, both men and women. Even the step-mom has great skin. I would like to look like Song Won at 42. :wub: She is so pretty, very feminine.

I feel one of the reasons why Pan Sa-hyeon might attracted towards Song Won is perhaps because she is very feminine, unlike Boo Hye-ryung who is very loud and confident. Initially, Pan Sa-hyeon felt attracted towards Boo Hye-ryung because of her confident , unconventional ways, but ultimately the novelty wore off and he started looking for greener pastures. TBH, I don't think he can handle a very strong-willed, confident , independent woman like Boo Hye-ryung. He needs someone in whose eyes he can be the 'Hero'. Men like to be reminded of their masculinity by 'providing' , for their women, feel needed. Song Won is the perfect foil for our wet behind the ears Pan Sa-hyeon. Older Song Won is the perfect match for callow Pan Sa-hyeon. He is just 32, so unversed about life and its complexities. While Song Won 42, a divorcee has all the worldly knowledge about life and marriage so she is the perfect 'tutor' for him. In fact, that's how they claimed it started. Her counseling him about life and marriage. 

@hsmz I am with you on this. Not all acts of cheating begin with a physical act but rather starts innocuously in the form of emotional intimacy with the 'other'. That's the worst form of cheating. 

Finally, how can these adulteresses be sure that these men who have cheated on their loving wives, will not cheat on them down the years?

I am not sure if the chingus here are watching Mad   For Each Other but the female lead there is having a tough time there when she realized that her 'boyfriend' was married and cheating on her. The kind of ostracization she e is being subjected to is just heart-breaking. Not to mention, the married boyfriend was a violent man who abused her, later stalked her and completely shattered her confidence and trust in people. He had dome irreparable damage to her. I am waiting to see the fate of these mistresses who knowingly entered/ continued their relationship with married men. 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.' I hope they are all made to pay for their sins.

@Lmangla I am camp 1, in case it was not already evident from my vitriolic posts.:naughty:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, airgelaal said:

Sorry, WHAT??? So if your father was diagnosed with cancer you won't use all your connections so your father will get a best doctor? Because I will. So yes, I'm also such a selfish person.

After this 2 episodes I pity Hye Ryeong even more. So her husband secretly dating other woman for 7 months and started to gas-lighting her. She wasn't happy, she was thinking about divorce. Soddenly she found out that her father is sick. Her parents came to Korea. I'm sure she spent a lot of time in hospital with her father. I'm sure it was a big stress for her and she wasn't healthy from the start. Luckily it wasn't a cancer, but soon after her parents returned to Canada she found out that her husband cheating on her and his mistress is pregnant. No wonder she got an ulcer. Common, give her a break!!! She hasn't any mental health to end everything. She can't call her parents and say, that what their son-in-law was with an other woman when her father was in hospital. If she divorced she can't be a dj of this program any more. She will collapse.

She is not a villain, its just her way to survive. 

Before flashback, honestly I pity BHR too (from woman's bias) bcoz she didn't do anything wrong. But the episodes only showed the good side of BHR - applying each other a face mask, having a conversation with PSH before bed, dropped by his office, bringing sandwich & coffee... and after episode 9, and when the cheating started, I can't be bias with BHR anymore. Marriage takes 2 to tango. She looks like controlling everything and PSH needs to listen to her all the time without 2-ways communication, also showing her true colors towards her parents in-laws and don't forget, kicked PSH during his cold with the reason, she don't to get affected by the cold. In my culture, a lot of oldies will say this "Take good care of your man. Fill in his stomachs with delicious foods & give all your might on the bed and he will treat you like a queen. If not, somebody's will." But bear in mind, it's not applicable to Dr Shin junior yaaaa... Hahaha...

Anyway, for using all the connections, yeah some wives will use all the advantages and her in-laws happily spent. But as return, she have to give them grandkids as what they hope for (cliché Kdramas). But she willingly & agree to get pregnant after she knew PSH's dark lover got pregnant & after PSH shows no interest to her, not before. She even set her MIL ringtone - "a dog-barking" ringtone. Can you imagine what her MIL will feel if she hear he ringtone? I guess this scene will being added up in 2nd season, and her in-laws will find out that BHR didn't really respect them, treat PSH in the way a wife shouldn't treat her husbands & they eventually know that BHR just using the reason to get pregnant if they buy PSH's dark lover a house, it's a baits for her in-laws take her side and for her satisfaction revenge towards PSH. She even had that "joker" smile, 2 times if I'm not mistaken in the 1st season.

Well, this is just my opinion. I'm not siding PSH & SW as they make mistake from the start. Cheating is really not cool!!! 

But I can't siding to BHR as well as she totally think she is the goddess, and she thinks she's right all the time.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

48 minutes ago, hsmz said:

Anyway, for using all the connections, yeah some wives will use all the advantages and her in-laws happily spent. But as return, she have to give them grandkids as what they hope for.

What??? It's not a healthy family dynamics. Woman is not a machine for making babies. Kids are not a payment

But she willingly after she knew PSH's dark lover got pregnant, after PSH shows no interest to her, not before. She even set her MIL ringtone - "a dog-barking" ringtone. Can you imagine what her MIL will feel if she heard the ringtone? I guess this scene will being added up in 2nd season, and her in-laws aware that BHR didn't really respect them & they eventually know that BHR just using the reason to get pregnant if they buy PSH's dark lover a house as baits for her in-laws take her side and for her satisfaction revenge towards PSH. She even had that "joker" smile, 2 times if I'm not mistaken in the 1st season.

We say her desperately crying in the bathroom. We saw that she had an ulcer. She is sick mentally and physically. She knows perfectly well that her husband and her parent-in-law will easily abandon her. She is not the best wife and daughter-in-law, but they are not the best too. They have something positive to think of. Her husband thinks about his mistress and baby, her in-laws think about their grandchild. But she can think only about betrayal, pain and problems in the future. I will repeat, that she is not an evil. She just trying to find reasons to go on.

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

What??? It's not a healthy family dynamics. Woman is not a machine for making babies. Kids are not a payment

Yes, for you but for the in-laws, especially the rich one, they need grandkids. In Kdrama land, rich in-laws always demanding grandkids. But BHR is very firm with her decision before right, even being asked numerous of times by her MIL. She still said anniaeyoooo.. But her kind in-laws never lost their temper or give her time period or else, sign the divorce papers as they know BHR will said NO again & again. Now I know, where did PSH got after, rarely lost his temper, always back off - same DNA! 

Means, BHR didn't have any plan to have any babies, afraid she will get fat maybe, and i guess the main reason, she doesn't want to take care another human being, as she didn't even care much about his husband tho. She only said yes and gave an option to her in laws. Cut off PSH's relationship totally with his dark lover, buy her house & won't allowed PSH to see the mother & baby then she will get pregnant. Is that a right thing to do?

Yes, she's not evil or villain, she has a reason to hold in order for her to survive. But as a celebrity (even low rank one), being a divorcée is not end of the world. IMO, she is embarrassed with her clubbing friends as she always bragged to them she's good in controlling her younger husband, and her colleagues bcoz she seems looked down at Writer Lee when she heard her husband asked for divorce. She totally doesn't to hear they say "even the goddess Bu Hye Ryeong lose her husband to another woman, (if she knows PSH's dark lover is 10 years older, i guess she will scream her lungs out!) & she will lost her rich in-laws. But this is only IMO. No offense yaaaa...

BHR is a victim of her husband's cheating, yes no denial, but if she can sit and think calmly what went wrong in their marriage by not focusing only PSH's fault and side & then reflect herself back, for me it's much better. And if she can't trust PSH anymore, why stay in the miserable marriage? She will get money even house from her rich in-laws if she demands it? And she do knows that PSH wants a divorce right? And still, we didn't see both of them went to see marriage counselor.. Why?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1