[Drama 2021] Dal Ri and Gamjatang, 달리와 감자탕

ferily

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Dal Ri and Gamjatang, 달리와 감자탕 - Wed & Thurs @ 21:30 KST

The age gap is 4 years between Min Jae and Gyu Young. But I don't care for it, this drama is so much fun! About as fun as Moo Hak's croc shoes and loud fashion ha-ha! 

Min Jae cracks me up when he goes extra on bein' angry and all LMFAo. Speaking of extra, the ott acting on the foreign/white actors were cringey af. 

Da Li should have included the full name on the placard tsk. I knew there'd be a mixup. How convenient was it for both of them to be half-dressed at the end of ep. 01 huh LoL?! 

I'm fanning myself over sight of Min Jae's toned arms and bulging veins oooohh babbyyy~ have mercy eheheh. 

I laughed so much...the ''Tzar'' scene...    

I like MH's unique personality, his sincerity is fresh.

it was so hilarious when he explained how those pigs were painted.  :lol:

Dali is calm and has a soothing voice.

I like it when that dinner scene is shown as an art painting.  

this last scene is so cliche yet I :fullofhearts:they both look innocent...   :D

E_2e8PJVEAM_n-c?format=jpg&name=360x360

Er--when Moo Hak took a shower in Amsterdam, he didn't have a tattoo..? But in Da Li's art gallery when he unbuttoned his shirt, a tattoo was visible.. 

So in next week's preview, he's goin' to be her creditor LoL. This is like DoDoSolSolLaLaSol coincidentally both that & this drama are by KBS. 

Moo Hak is certainly not the smartest. I hope his bro had nothing to do with Da Li's dad's death. 

• Like 1

I liked this drama. I like how he is a mess while she is cool, bright and elegant. Very common match on k-dramas but this time in a diff genders. I guess Da Li gonna have to sell the watch for able to pay the debts so she will have a huge debt on Moo Hak. That's way she will sell the gallery to him and has to work for him to pay the money. This sound logical. I wonder why and who killed her father. I smell a smuggling behind it. :blink:

• Like 1

About that tattoo. I can only think it’s a fake for when he is in Gangster boss mode. Otherwise that’s very messy show running. 

That’s the second drama I’ve seen the gangsters  lie down and strip in public place…  Does this really happen??  

• LOL 1

I was wondering why the title of this thread is different from the drama title as we saw it on the news...

Anyways, watching the first 3minutes of the drama... i just wanna say... that's her real spoken english right?! Im amazed... Park GY...:D

---

Ok saw both episodes... in just one episode, she just lost everything.. while the cocky prince, is he rich or not? Im confused.. ha..

• Like 1

@realistic2280a I was so impressed with her language skills that I looked up her education/early life & found that she attended Busan Foreign Language High School. Which explains her fluency and pronunciation.

I think Moo Hak is rich, but not that multi generational/chaebol rich that spend a lot of money on "cultured" purchases like masters paintings etc. His (half?) brother in the glasses encouraged him to invest in the art gallery to buy them some legitimacy in the upper class/wealthy social circles as it seems their family, or their father became successful by working his way up in the food industry.

Oh also, Moo Haks tattoos everyone's been questioning, @Latte_Anyday, @RobinM he's wearing one of those fake tattoo shirts that are made of skin coloured see-through material with tattoos printed on them. Just Google "fake tattoo shirt" & you'll see them. He's wearing it to look like a gangster as part of his plan to intimidate whoever the gallery owner is, not knowing it was his mystery woman, DaLi.

After the first 2 episodes, I'm definitely excited to continue watching this. It's light and humorous without any intense traumas to mess us up. Even the death of DaLis father and the mystery surrounding it hasn't been presented in a deeply tragic way that casts a shadow over our characters. Basically, it's just what I needed from a drama right now. 

Edited by Bejaffled
Tagged people and added extra thoughts
  • Like 1
  • Blob 1

Question for people watching in Asia: are you using Kocowa, Viki or Viu?  My mother is watching with me here in the US, but she returns to Pakistan next week and will want to continue because, let's face it, it's cute, funny and romantic so far, and she loves shows like this.  But she won't deal with the "ahem ahem" type streaming sites.