[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

21 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Yes! Yes! If she had been portrayed as cool manipulative  secretly evil! bad RickRoll'D as some people want there would have been no internal conflict in Hwal. Just a murdering RickRoll'D Bulgasal to dispatch according to plan. Feeding a  Amnesiac Bulgasal  noodles and giving her piggy back rides and now having all these loud people in his house making it annoyingly bright and cheerful both directly and in directly because of her?  It’s got him shook and questioning now.

The internal conflict would still be there even if she was evil back then. Hwal was also already conflicted in killing her because she is Siho's sister because it would make her sad if he killed her.

Sangun until now is a pretty boring character imo, her being actually "evil" back then would make her so much more interesting and add more depth to her. We've seen that every monster that was reincarnated was still evil deep down and killing people, Sangung would be the one exception where her past life did not dictate her personality. It would bring up the question if one really deserves to be punished for something they did in their past life and have no memories of even thought they are a different and good person in their current one. 

I think the story could've gone so many interesting routes but they seem to have chosen to go with the most obvious and cliche one but hopefully I'll be wrong, we have 8 more episodes to go and still missing a lot of the backstory, that's a lot of episode left to change my mind.

• Like 3

Soompi Forums Awards (Poll #3): The Most Memorable Characters, Best Abs, and Worst Endings / Biggest Drama Disappointments of 2021

Please vote!

Now you can also vote for:

• the most memorable characters 2021
  • best abs 2021
  • worst drama endings / biggest drama disappointments of 2021

Season 4 Episode 3 GIF by The Office

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, ninaanin said:

Maybe, I’m a little crazy, but SU is my favourite character.

I love the fact that she is built as someone normal, even though we know, underneath and unconsciously, she has some kind of power. I like the fact that she isn’t a “superbadass” woman, and that her most important strength trait is her caring, empathy and protectiveness for the others. I like this sense of humanity and normality in the middle of monsters and supernatural beings.

My feelings exactly.  Thank you for saying this so well.  

I know that a lot of people have criticized her ajumma clothing but I see the clothes as just another example that her focus is outside herself--that she is putting other things first and not on her own needs.  She is completely willing to sacrifice herself to see that her sister lives; that is a quiet heroism that I admire. 

Hwal has been ignoring everything around him (like his filthy house) to reach his goals of revenge and getting his soul back, so he has tried to shut out the people around him but he fails in this (like taking care of the butcher lady since she was a child) and that shows that he has a heart that he has been neglecting.  He needs someone like the FL; they are a just right pair.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, ninaanin said:

I love the fact that she is built as someone normal, even though we know, underneath and unconsciously, she has some kind of power. I like the fact that she isn’t a “superbadass” woman, and that her most important strength trait is her caring, empathy and protectiveness for the others. I like this sense of humanity and normality in the middle of monsters and supernatural beings.

well said !!!That's why i like  her character !!!I hope she will have a happy end...i don't carre about her past lives...in this life she is AWESOME

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Most likely unless they throw a real curve ball at us. By this logic The baby she is carrying should be the last piece in his infant daughter reincarnated.I believe By all the little clues and hints they have dropped SU was his wife, his true love  in a long ago reincarnation and some tragedy? Betrayal? happened to separate them and put a curse on him in the womb.

SH reincarnated is his baby mama, giving him a chance to protect and cherish his children properly now. It’s not a romantic thing with them and never really was. 

General dad  is Now Detective Kwon. He is shown to have a caring concerned relationship fatherly relationship to Si Ho naturally. No arraigned marriage this time!  (Almost) No wandering off to kill monsters. They have a chance to do better as well. 

Shaman is there to be sassy , be team mom  provide humor and occasionally be cryptic and creepy ;) 

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 1

Could any of you help me? 

I came across this mv and between 1'38" and 1'48" I see a sequency of scenes that I didn't see before. 

I think that the scenes happened in the past (past 1000 or past 600). It seems to me that there were two women?! Two SU?! Two bulgasals!? Were they twins there tooI? I couldn'd see if the other woman is K Nara or anther actress. I don't think that this sequency was already showed. And I don't know what to make of this. 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

25 minutes ago, ninaanin said:

Were they twins there tooI? I couldn'd see if the other woman is K Nara or anther actress. I don't think that this sequency was already showed.

no was not showed...i can't see if is the same  ...or maybe a new character...could be that they were twins in the past too...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@ninaanin it's already shown on ep 1 as a dream when Hwal was sleeping inside the tent. I also talked about the possibility there's a twin on Goryeo era on earlier pages. However  When I re-watched it again , it seems the person the lady bulgasal stabbed is Hwal on his previous life. On that scene, Hwal has his back on camera and the hair is also short. The second scene is indeed confusing because The lady seems to has different face area that covered with blood. For sure the lady stabbed Hwal's palm that's why when He woke up, He immediately looked at the scar on his hand.

There's still possibility that there's also twins because of the second scene but then It will contradict with the fact that Sang Yeon doesn't have Hwal's soul on present life. Anyway..in the beginning of ep 1, there's a future scene where Hwal meets SU on a bridge(?). She wears black dress with green vest. She looks at Hwal with a little bit teary eyes, same vibe which usually shown by the red lady bulgasal.  I think SU already remember things from the past on this point. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

I'm wondering if Hwal's soul was destroyed together when Sang Woon/Yeon was killed by Bulgasal previously. 

Sang Yeon did mention in episode 2 that it was her last chance and she wouldn't reincarnate anymore but it's not the case for Sang Woon. If yes, then could it be his last one too? Or did Eul Tae only managed to destroy Sang Yeon's soul previously but not Hwal's.  2 more days to go. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, ninaanin said:

It seems to me that there were two women?! Two SU?!

both look like Sang Woon from the past..

seems like the one who had the knife and stab, had red eyes.. and the one who blocked the stab, had normal eyes.

not sure if its an intentional joint of 2 scenes or from the same scene though..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

I wonder why Eul Tae's fingers trembled when Doyoon mentioned Siho.

I expected him to attack DY at any moment.

ET is trying to suppress his nature, he looked so sad when he talked to detective Kwong.

I don't know if it's in direct relation to Siho, maybe he doesn't like the fact/is jealous Doyoon is growing close to them when he won't even call him hyung. Might also be that he doesn't like being ordered around.

When Doyoon says how Siho suffered enough Eultae asks what about him and that he too suffered, he seems bitter about the fact he sympathises with his his enemies side when believes that he had it the hardest out of everyone.

Their meeting was my favorite part of the episode, it showed us such a different side of Eultae and made it hard to differentiate in which moments he was being genuine and in which he was manipulating.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, illay said:

@ninaanin it's already shown on ep 1 as a dream when Hwal was sleeping inside the tent. I also talked about the possibility there's a twin on Goryeo era on earlier pages. However  When I re-watched it again , it seems the person the lady bulgasal stabbed is Hwal on his previous life. On that scene, Hwal has his back on camera and the hair is also short. The second scene is indeed confusing because The lady seems to has different face area that covered with blood. For sure the lady stabbed Hwal's palm that's why when He woke up, He immediately looked at the scar on his hand.

There's still possibility that there's also twins because of the second scene but then It will contradict with the fact that Sang Yeon doesn't have Hwal's soul on present life. Anyway..in the beginning of ep 1, there's a future scene where Hwal meets SU on a bridge(?). She wears black dress with green vest. She looks at Hwal with a little bit teary eyes, same vibe which usually shown by the red lady bulgasal.  I think SU already remember things from the past on this point. 

It seems I made a mistake. I didn't remember those scenes from episode 1. And, most important, I did mistake the scene that shows SU stabbing  Hwal's hand (his hand is in the foreground and she is in the background) as showing another woman.  Thank you for enlightening me. 

This peace of information is a little one but I think it is very capital. The drama let see, since episode 1, that Hwal and SU has a very older story full of (I think) betrayal and misunderstandings. From this piece of information, it seems that SU thought that Hwal is the one that caused the fire (and probably deaths), maybe she was made then a bulgasal(?!), and tried to kill Hwal. It is sure that he got the scar and the curse then. 

The writers gave us so many information throughout the episodes that I thought episodes 7-8 were already episodes 9-10 lol, only when I start watching episode 7 I realized it was still episode 7 :).  We have plenty of time to develop well the story. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, illay said:

@rocher22 His fingers trembled because He was holding his self from being angry. Do yoon talked about don't do this & that toward SiHo..like ordering Eul Tae so of course Eul Tae felt insulted

Yes, although it seems that ET accepted that ''order''. 

15 minutes ago, Haeun said:

Their meeting was my favorite part of the episode, it showed us such a different side of Eultae and made it hard to differentiate in which moments he was being genuine and in which he was manipulating.

Eul Tae is a complex character...  It seems to me that he doesnt want to be immortal anymore...  :unsure:

The arrogance suits him perfectly...    :D

FIi0m47UYAIf0h9?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 5