[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

I am on ep 3. Enjoying the show since the plot took me by surprise - even in ep 2!! Also, I am loving the instrumental music soundtrack - it fits the mood well. 

Now that I have seen Nara for a few episodes, I am still unsure of her acting in this role (I even liked her lots in past drama like Suspicious Partner or Itaewon Class too!) Something is a bit off for me etc. 

So far Sang-Un as a character isn’t someone that I like?!? Sang-Yeon was a really interesting character. It would have been interesting to have both twins. But back to me venting about SU -  she didn’t even trust her twin and still doesn’t wear a mask like her sis told her to do after all these years?!

I do hope the writer explains a bit more regarding the twins setup — just wondering why Sang-yeon could recall her past lives but Sang-Un don’t know anything despite having some type of sense too - because she’s the one that has the ‘soul’?? 

Sorry for venting back to watching ep 3

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, Bleu Winter said:

One thing that always amazed me when Hwal and Sang Un always refer each other as "mine" and it was as if Sang Un's innate response to save Hwal from drowning. 

i have the feeling they do belong to each other...she was his and he was her's...he only remembers the past 600 years...1000 years ago he had a life...

• Like 6
  • Love 1

i like Lee Joon.. i think him as Eul Tae in this drama is amazing, compared to the last time when i first saw him in My Father is Strange..

he is in such a “let loose and go crazy” mode as a bulgasal.. and although this sounds wrong, he looks kind of sexy after his human meals with blood on his lips.. hahaha

oh, that secretary monster.. i thought she was a woman until she was torturing Hwal.. and she sounded really like a man.. cross dressing perhaps?

• Like 5
  • Shocked 1

I guess ET killed Hwal's family. But, we didnt see it...right... :unsure:

It seemed to me for a moment Eul Tae was surprised when SW said that.

And maybe he was surprised that she regained her memory.   

Anyway, I liked when SW was waiting on the terrace for Hwal to come back.

Doyoon and his '' my precious...'' moment...   :D

FIzSWYpaAAAHbEN?format=jpg&name=small

LJ_(4).jpg?type=w1200

• Like 4

Soompi Forums Awards (Poll #2): The best streaming dramas, c-dramas, daily/weekend dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now you can also vote for your favorite 2021:

• Daily/weekend dramas
  • C-dramas
  • Streaming dramas (ie dramas that only appeared on streaming sites like Netflix)

milk-and-mocha-cute.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I guess ET killed Hwal's family. But, we didnt see it...

well i think many of us were almost sure from ep 3 that he might be the killer...

And maybe he was surprised that she regained her memory.   

i think he is afraid  she'll remember the past

Anyway, I liked when SW was waiting on the terrace for Hwal to come back.

me too she is so kind and loving with everybody even when they are rude or watch her with fear

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

I suppose the relationship between SW and Hwal in the present is not something new.

That is just continuation of their love story from the past.

Im not sure how Eul Tae fits the story. 

FIrOImeXEAEb0ov?format=jpg&name=900x900

Now Im wonder when the picture in ET's room was painted, who painted it.. did Eul Tae give

instructions or did he just get the paint from someone...  :D

that was scary...

FIzihJXaIBMbf-w?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 7

There will be a job posting as ET new secretary ..

Only monster need to apply.

After all, Hwal's house is not empty and dirty anymore. More people living in it - feels like Hwal has a family!! That's nice isnt it, Hwal surrounded by human friends now. LOL

• Like 5

So far I'm enjoying the show but am I the only one that doesn't want any romance between Hwal and Sangun? So far the story hasn't sold me on a possible romance between them and I also don't see any chemistry (honestly I see more chemistry between Hwal and Siho by just looking at each other and they barely share any scenes), their "romantic" scenes seem also rather forced and out of place. I think it would be really refreshing if they went another route than them ending up as lovers but yeah that's probably what they are going for.

So far Lee Joon's characters is the most entertaining and interesting one, he brings the spice to the show and seriously needs more screen time. I can't wait to finally know the backstory about the bulgasals and everyone finding out about their relations from their previous life, I think it's about time they reveal stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Haeun said:

So far I'm enjoying the show but am I the only one that doesn't want any romance between Hwal and Sangun? 

I don't know--maybe I've got it wrong in longing for romance here.

It's the romantic aspect between our two leads that keeps me coming back even though I deeply dislike the violence of this drama (something that would usually send me away screaming).  I see lots of chemistry between them.  It's subtle, and it comes in small moments--like when Hwal asks SW to call him by his name instead of "hey you".

• Like 6
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, thistle said:

I don't know--maybe I've got it wrong in longing for romance here.

It's the romantic aspect between our two leads that keeps me coming back even though I deeply dislike the violence of this drama (something that would usually send me away screaming).  I see lots of chemistry between them.  It's subtle, and it comes in small moments--like when Hwal asks SW to call him by his name instead of "hey you".

We're quite the opposite then because it's the romance aspect, which to me is just really weak, that makes me want to turn away from the show lol. I just think it would've been really exciting if they went with a different narrative here but well 8 more episodes to go.

I'm here for the lore and the backstories that lead to all the events happening, mostly for Lee Joon.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Haeun said:

We're quite the opposite then

Different doesn't have to be bad.  Different is just different.  Enjoying the drama is the important thing, for whatever reason. 

You skip the romance and I'll continue fast-forwarding through the violence. LOL

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

I mean it’s not Like they are going to have a bed scene or even a kiss.  She is a very sweet very lovely woman who constantly shows understanding, forgiveness and trust in him. She is mixing him all up and touching emotions deeply buried/denied  for hundreds of years. That one of those is attraction  is understandable as he is underneath his cold revenge filled  exterior he is human man with a human heart.  Plus whatever history they had in there past lives, presumably romantic and fated  because , well , K Drama  is coming into play. 

• Like 6
  • Shocked 1

maybe there won't be a romance line, but more of an awkwardness if Sang Woon eventually finds out that Si Ho was Hwal's wife in the past life.

or they might have been deity siblings so its still platonic love only.

• Like 3

Possibility of No Romance/Kiss?? :bawling:

I'm sure PD-Nim aware of increase of rating if there's little clue of Kiss scene. I'm hoping there will be one kiss of (a bit over) 1/2 Millennium; Hwal age 600 years). Poor Hwal. 

But, most importantly, I feel sorry for Lee Jin Wook (not having kiss scene LOL). He's good at it (smooch) I recalled his smooch scenes in Nine Drama.

No, No, No. Dear Chingus, never give up on our romance line here.

Otherwise, I wish Hwal will receive many and abundance CPR rescue breathing (from SangWoon) whenever he almost dead.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

https://youtu.be/5iWdubBin_k

As much as I am open to either siblings/twins/friendship/ or romance I think it may end up in romance. The end of this trailer mentioned they will meet again No matter how many times they will be reborn. 

1 hour ago, PororoQueen said:

Possibility of No Romance/Kiss?? :bawling:

1 hour ago, PororoQueen said:

Otherwise, I wish Hwal will receive many and abundance CPR rescue breathing (from SangWoon) whenever he almost dead.

Lol, it may be the other way around too. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I'm here too for the romance between Hwal and SU:love:. (But not only that ;))

And I like very much the chemistry and the build up pace of their romance. For, to me, since the first episode it is clear that they are something very special to each other, with a very twisted fate, but nonetherless love at the end of their journey. . 

I like very much the fact that their violent encounters and discussion, their attempt to kill each other (she stabbed him in the tunnel, he did almost break her neck many times) wasn't romanticized.

Their romance has been built in the little moments of conversations, specially when Hwal let his guards down and when he is surprised by her humanity: what makes Hwal fall for her, I think, is the fact that she is a whole human being, and add to that, she is caring, loving and not selfish. 

Maybe, I’m a little crazy, but SU is my favourite character.

I love the fact that she is built as someone normal, even though we know, underneath and unconsciously, she has some kind of power. I like the fact that she isn’t a “superbadass” woman, and that her most important strength trait is her caring, empathy and protectiveness for the others. I like this sense of humanity and normality in the middle of monsters and supernatural beings.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Yes! Yes! If she had been portrayed as cool manipulative  secretly evil! bad RickRoll'D as some people want there would have been no internal conflict in Hwal. Just a murdering RickRoll'D Bulgasal to dispatch according to plan. Feeding a  Amnesiac Bulgasal  noodles and giving her piggy back rides and now having all these loud people in his house making it annoyingly bright and cheerful both directly and in directly because of her?  It’s got him shook and questioning now.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살