[Drama 2021/2022] Immortality/ Bulgasal: Immortal Souls, 불가살

larus

11 hours ago, andy78 said:

Maybe Hwal wanted to be human...and we do know ET was very sick...maybe they make  a deal...Sang Un felt betrayed and cursed both men

Yup, I agree with this theory! Seems like it's the most plausible. Maybe Hwal got fed up with the responsibilities of being a deity...

As far as ep 10, I don't think Do Yoon is going to die. Why? Because episode 11's previews spoiled everything. Sang Un and Si Ho were smiling/looked okay in that preview and if they really cared about DY they'd look more solemn or distraught if he died. I don't think that they'd do a time jump either because that's just dumb. DY has plot armor, he'll be okay lol.

Edited by mysticmango
  • Like 5

I hope Do Yoon, will be okay.

5 hours ago, andy78 said:

“You’re bleeding because you’re too close.” “I don’t care it. It won’t kill me.” “And I won’t die either-” “But you’re in pain!”

i love the scene !!!These two care about each other so much... is breaking my heart... what will they do?6 more ep...

I love this scene as well. they do care so much for each other.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Unpopular opinion Here: Si Ho is not all she seems and there is something sus about her. Just a feeling there is going to be a huge shocker coming .

Truth:  I have disliked her from the beginning (although I haven't wanted to admit so until now) and consider her quite sus, even though her sister loves her.

The thing about the whole mysterious boyfriend and surprise pregnancy bothers me, too, and I'm wondering if she has hooked up with a monster.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, thistle said:

The thing about the whole mysterious boyfriend and surprise pregnancy bothers me, too, and I'm wondering if she has hooked up with a monster.

i have the same feeling...about her boyfriend beeing a monster that wanted to use her so she can kill her sister...in this life they are sisters and they love each other...in other lives i have no idea

• Like 5

i havent got the chance to watch ep10, will do it later!

1 hour ago, RobinM said:

Unpopular opinion Here: Si Ho is not all she seems and there is something sus about her. Just a feeling there is going to be a huge shocker coming

if going along this line,

she might already be something else when she was Sol.. and Achan having bleeding eyes and the still birth of the baby daughter could be due to her, not Hwal..

having the gift to see the past is already something supernatural, and she has it 600yrs ago and now..

same for the shamen ahjumma

reminds me of werewolf game where there is the seerer and prophet lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thistle said:

Truth:  I have disliked her from the beginning (although I haven't wanted to admit so until now) and consider her quite sus, even though her sister loves her.

Oof, I had my suspicions on the father too. If not Eul Tae then a monster. I'd be surprised if it really was a nobody since you'd think the father would add some nice drama to the plot or something. 

But Si Ho actually being evil? Aw I hope not. Talk about the kdrama trope of turning the 2nd female lead evil so the male and female lead can get together with no problems, lol. I don't want Hwal or Sang Un to suffer anymore because this would be such a big blow to both of them.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

True. I really don’t want to see Hwal and Su devastated and betrayed if Si Ho is bad but from a writing and story standpoint it works.. SU will never admit her loving little sister might betray them or Hwal his “wife” is not in his side. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, RobinM said:

Unpopular opinion Here: Si Ho is not all she seems and there is something sus about her. Just a feeling there is going to be a huge shocker coming .

I was thinking she could be a shaman who helped eul tae take out his soul into hwal

but eul tae being indifferent to her and sparing her for hwal's sake could mean they had nothing to do with each other in the previous life (also, eul tae said that si ho's relationship with hwal and sang woon was tenacious, so eul tae is out of the picture?)

what if hwal was a bulgasal who fell in love with human si ho in the past so he wanted to be human and exchange souls with eul tae? her connection to this supernatural experience opened her soul's eyes to the different lifetimes. sang un could have felt betrayed and did her curses and then later regretted it

• Like 5

I'm still curious what Sang Un saw after looking at the past with Si-Ho in the preview.

Well, Hwal ask Si-Ho to see her own past and of course she can't apply the power to herself. Sometime Hwal is idiot too..hahaha. you ask your incarnated wife to see the past about her sister and what happen if she able to see and saw their past life as husband and wife..lol.. things will be more complicated.

Despite Sang Un still clueless what happen but I think things taking too long. Now we are in episode 10 and only six episode left to reveal all the secret. 

About Hwal-Sang Un relationship, I find a bit off despite they need each other  but the dynamics are not as good as I expected? Maybe it just me because Hwal previously married. If past is past, why he see Si-Ho like he missed her so much each time Si-Ho calling him? I know he felt guilty but they want them to be happy right? I really like the dynamics of the family, Detective-Si-Ho-Do Yoon. They really feel the bond and how they care each other despite no blood relationship in the present time. 

• Like 3

i feel really sad at the scene where Eul Tae stabbed Do Yoon.. it's like, he really treasured the boy but yet cos of the stupid secretary monster he stabbed him to hide his hideous past murder.

the relief is, that Do Yoon managed to talk to Hwal earlier and he knew that he is coming to look for him.

in ep11 preview, Eul Tae did mention that he must have hesitated when he stabbed Do Yoon, so i'm quite sure Do Yoon is still alive. and that's why he is preparing himself to meet Hwal coming for revenge.

*yay Do Yoon!*

i wonder what did Sang Woon see.. and why Si Ho kept insisting that they should not trust Hwal.

28 minutes ago, orion00 said:

If past is past, why he see Si-Ho like he missed her so much each time Si-Ho calling him?

i think he felt guilty to Sol.. there shouldn't have been any love factor because, he did say before that he agreed to marry her last time since he believed both of them are lonely souls who are peculiar and not accepted by people.

i'm not quite sure about what Si Ho can see with her gift.

is it through the soul or memory?

if Sang Woon's soul had belonged to Hwal, then what she can find are the fragments from Hwal before his soul got stolen.

the key is still, was Lady Bulgasal really the only one that existed? and if Hwal has been a child with Bulgasal curse, could it be that he had been a love child between the Lady Bulgasal and a human.. that's why she had been protecting him when he was a child?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

13 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Bulgasal start with promising rating and now picking up. Good to see that and I hope the rating going up for the remaining episode. 

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

i think he felt guilty to Sol.. there shouldn't have been any love factor because, he did say before that he agreed to marry her last time since he believed both of them are lonely souls who are peculiar and not accepted by people

I don't really agree about that. Well we can agree and disagree of course. 

I know some people just marry without love but looking at the past when they are still child and close to each other I wonder they really don't love each other? Sol did mention he sawl Hwal memory about lady in red but still because Hwal curious why she is saving him from drowning.

This drama showing Hwal conflict of emotion, he wanted his family to be happy but at the same time he kind of drawing to Sang-Un by her innocent look. If he is feeling guilty, why keep giving melodramatic look to Si-Ho..hahahahaha

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, orion00 said:

Sol did mention he sawl Hwal memory about lady in red

maybe its jealousy lol for her to see another woman in the husband's memory!

and Hwal doesn't seem to try explain.. he just quietly accepted all the injustice and accusation.

Melissa Villasenor Oops GIF by Saturday Night Live

with all the monsters going around, i hope there is at least a deity.. or two. from the painting.

==

did i mention, the scene where Hwal intentionally crashed his car and let Eul Tae flew out of the windscreen.. i laughed.. oops.. he was on the ground in odd angle like a mangled doll.. what a "lovely" ride.

• LOL 5

Just watched ep 10 and gah! 
I agree with the abrupt tonal shift re the plot - it was jarring. They clearly wanted to show a new dynamic (bromance like between the two Bulgasal?!?! Lol) between the main characters but it didn’t come out well and was confusing. 

I also hope they don’t turn Shi-Ho evil - I dislike that trope and in both lives, she’s had real reasons to distrust Hwal - he never openly talks to her before he makes a decision. I also think DY is a goner…

Maybe we’ll get info about the origins and Hwal may have a role in his own karma etc. 

• Like 5

Well and here I thought Siho was one of the more likeable characters because she isn't so damn stupid like the others most of the time, when Eultae called her smart I really felt that :joy:. That would be such a cheap plot twist if they turned her evil and feel like just a reason for people to ship Sangun and Hwal at ease. I also don't know if it even would make much impact considering she is getting nowhere near enough screen time, what a waste of a good actress by the way.

6 hours ago, orion00 said:

About Hwal-Sang Un relationship, I find a bit off despite they need each other  but the dynamics are not as good as I expected? Maybe it just me because Hwal previously married.

Sangung and Hwal's relationship just feels very forced and the fact they are pushing for a romance with his previous wife being present makes it just even weirder. Despite some people insisting that Hwal didn't love his wife I disagree and I think the show actually made it obvious that he did or they failed if they wanted to convey anything else. The way he softens whenever he looks and talks to Siho is not really helping either.

6 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i think he felt guilty to Sol.. there shouldn't have been any love factor because, he did say before that he agreed to marry her last time since he believed both of them are lonely souls who are peculiar and not accepted by people.

I saw that tvN released a special clip where they explained that they are using korean flower smybolism to convey the characters emotion and during that one it was reversed cherry blossoms meaning "lie" which I think gives reason to believe that they weren't truthful as to why they married each other. Watching the scenes itself gave me mixed signals.

(Other meanings during thier scenes were "Happiness", "you are the only one I love" "I love you more than anyone else" and "pure love" if that doesn't confirm his feelings then idk.)

Anyways something interesting I noticed is that General Dan when he was Eultae's father 1000 years ago neglected his first son and favoured the other and 400 years later he again ended up neglecting his "first" child which was Sol while he seemed to spend more time with Hwal. 

I just want them to finally reveal the backstory, we learned nothing new in episode 10, Eultae once again carried the show on his back.

• Like 4