[Drama 2021] My Roommate is a Gumiho/Frightening Cohabitation, 간 떨어지는 동거

0ly40

4 hours ago, moon_nebula said:

2) It felt a little strange for the friends to push her to go on a blind date so soon after she got "rejected"... I mean in a normal situation wouldn't you want to give your friend space to get over it? Also a bit "ehhh" about the fact that the friend didn't even really know the dude and got her to go out with a rando that he met once. I wouldn't want my "best friend" to do that -_-"" 

I suppose they wanted to get her out of her funk immediately, though I think they should have gone for karaoke or baseball or something like that :D 

that blind date guy was so annoying and judgmental. It's fine that you are successful in your life, but everyone is going to find their own way. Then again, not surprised with this kind of society. Then her friends were like "omg what did you do to ruin the blind date?" at first and putting the blame on her, only when she implied she didn't like the guy, they were surprised to question "oh, you didn't like him? why?"

She was trying so hard more for her friends' sake than her own. Clearly she didn't feel his go-getter vibe, but she was reminded of her "dateless" existence when her friend kept talking over her, and dragging Hyesun into this to help her. I just wanted to tell Dam: Be Yourself, You're more than enough. 

• Like 3

hello everyone! joining the fun here to talk about this drama...

first off.. really, really love the gorgeous cinematography, great chemistry between the leads, the quirky humor and the BGM :heart::heart::heart:

Mr Gumiho has all the qualities of most girl's dream guy... but he just took it to the next level when he started to quote Nietzche and the other book... nice script writing there :)

Generally like the direction of the storyline so far but sometimes I can't help but feel that the dynamics of SWY/Dam borders on dysfunction - the disparity between their experience in life/love ( granted no mortal human can match the 999 year old gumiho but at least they should tone down Dam's "noobness" in romantic relationship) and amp up Dam's parental presence in her life. Perhaps they could have shown them also having a more intellectual connection to make up for the difference in life experience for e.g. having real discussions during the museum date instead of just smiling at each other sweetly and marvelling at the historical artifacts as though they're on a shopping trip instead. The Nietzche quote was such a nice surprise and was so promising at ep 4. I like how authentic Dam's character is but is that simply just because of her youth?

That said, I like how they have changed certain things from the webtoon. SWY's first love tangent was more relevant to create the romantic tension as compared to GSW but  since Jung So Min is just a cameo so they probably won't develop this plotline too much. I'm also really looking forward to how the serial killer plotline will unfold. I wonder if this is where Go Kyung Pyo cameo comes in...

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, moon_nebula said:

Very interesting episode...felt like it was moving the story along nicely. A few comments: " 

3) Dang, the fact that he kinda "allowed" his first love to die like that was quite heartbreaking. Obviously Dam isn't going to meet the same fate. I wonder if they will go the route of him taking the marble out, her losing her memories but continue to be drawn to him and then they start fresh or what. I was thinking, couldn't he just take the marble out, erase her memory, and then meet her again and then fall in love, and continue the cycle again? It'll kind of be like 50 first dates but at least he could still keep meeting her? hahaha

Initially I thought like that too, but at the end of the sequence I think the emphasis was on the fact that he didn't want his first love to forget him because he loved her - remember if he gets the marble back it also wipes her memory. He wanted to live happily with her.  He finally let his first love go and was going to get the marble back from her but it was too late.  That's why he has tried his best not to be attached to anyone else since until he met Dam.

• Like 2

Dont really care that the ratings dropped.. i care every week, waiting impatiently for new  episodes to come out ASAP, haha...

Ok, 1st love... we are going to see the reincarnation fo his 1st love, right...we are going to see how this will affect him and how he feels about Dam afterwards...

i think it was a nice touch that he had her painting done, regardless he was in a way to blame for her death, he remembers her for several hundred years... i wanna see how he can forget his 1st love and not seek the reincarnated woman and think about Dam...

I dont see what is the problem of him retrieving his marble and then date Dam, even if Dam forgets him.. Dam is not attached to anyone.. SW is a darn handome man with impeccible manners and bloody rich.... who in their right mind would not fall for him if he chase that woman presistently????  Meeeeeeee...i want him....Hahhaaa:heart:

• Blob 1

I've read several comments about this drama and some speculate Dam's won't lose her memory when SW remove the marble. This is interesting because Dam's mom not affected by SW magic and I wonder why after hundreds of years only Dam managed to turn the marble into blue? She must be someone special (or with unknown magic or capability). In most cases, Gumiho transfer the marble through kisses but not to LD. She technically received the marble accidentally. Kind of some fate (Korean drama always like this right? Playing with the fate). I love the dynamics of all actor and actress in this drama, they are so good balancing each other. Jae Jin is  so pure and the best bff and love Dam like her own sister! Definitely why they are very closed to each other and probably the grew up together. 

In real life Ki Yong and Hyeri is just two years apart in age but Ki Yong do looks mature with his current hair style in the drama. Just like in the 1stlook interview Hyeri mentioned Ki Yong is old fashion person and he is the best choice for this drama. 

• Blob 1

I've decided to join in here for the discussion! I've just got so much on my mind.

To start, I think the drama definitely set a good foundation. I thought it was going to take the route of "Dam is the reincarnation of my first love" type of cliché but it ended up NOT doing that. I was SO grateful it didn't go down that path here.

I personally love KHN's character of Hye-sun and where she just straight up took off her shoes in front of Jae-jin lol! There are so many scenes where I find myself laughing because it's so funny, like where Dam got niece-zoned (waaaay worst than being friend-zoned).

I definitely find myself (desperately) waiting for more scenes with Woo-yeo and Dam though, I think their chemistry is off the charts! Where I'm most questioning is... So if the marble is taken out, Woo-yeo is afraid that Dam will forget him and personally, I don't think that'll happen. I just hope that they won't wait until the last episode to tell us that and leave out all the other romantic scenes (I live for ittttt!)

Also, did anyone kinda shed a tear when they showed Woo-yeo's back story? Oof! He saw his first love die because of his selfishness of wanting to spend more time with her... And the way that she already knew he was collecting her energy too- RIGHT IN THE FEELS.

I've seen theories of people saying that Dam's mom was once a gumiho but I think that's false. Woo-yeo even said that his magic doesn't work on strong minded people and if their family motto is "live your life on your own", that would sort of explain it all... lol. I'm definitely looking forward to every Wednesday/Thursday now!

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

I see a lot of mentions about how Woo Yeo handled his first love's death and the whole reason to let go od Dam.

First of all, I think he is RickRoll'D scared of being abandoned for being a Gumiho.  And also the chances of him getting hunted if his secret got out is still very real. 

I think living alone 999 yrs and losing his first love like that made him put walls so hard and strong that he simply refuses to believe that Dam can like him as himself; gumiho or not. 

Dam is interesting to him cause a) she is honest AF b) she is truly a kind and caring person with a lot of social values. 

He probably assumes that she wants to be friends or family etc which is fair 

But since the women forget their memories when the marble is removed plus he is NOT her style (lol) I guess our gumiho thinks he will never see her again. 

somebody has been feeding him makjang dramas of the 70's. Like his mindset is firmly stuck there when compared to values or ideals. He needs to realize asap that his Age is just a factor cause he isnt human and he looks young enough to be 30 ish so better learn all those social cues. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, classyviews said:

somebody has been feeding him makjang dramas of the 70's. Like his mindset is firmly stuck there when compared to values or ideals. He needs to realize asap that his Age is just a factor cause he isnt human and he looks young enough to be 30 ish so better learn all those social cues. 

Makjang dramas :mrgreen:

Well he got grandpa taste right like what Lee Dam said. Unlike grim reaper in Goblins that like to watch new drama every week but still unable to explain love his partner.  I guess he keep everything to himself and try not to feel anything because he kind of lost contact with Hye-Sun that can't give him any advice.  

When Gumiho try to draw a fox and end up as cat. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

kredit to ultimatekdrama twitter

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

14 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

when she saved POX on her phone for YW's name, i thought she was deliberately trying to be different ... then i realised, that its because she cant spell Fox, hence she wrote POX... it made  me laugh out loud.. 

Hahahaha, I thought it was because Korean's don't really pronounce the letter F well....

eg/ In "30 but 17/Still 17" the cute dog's name is Fang but they pronounce it "Peng", and the running joke on the name of the drama "Oh My Venus" :joy:  Either way it's quite funny, made me laugh too!

• LOL 2
  • Blob 1

Watching repeat episode 3-4 at tvn right now. I just realised Dam's mom called his brother to check if she is ok or not in Episode 3. Maybe theories about Dam's mother maybe a Gumiho or special mystical person and she suddenly want to check where is Dam staying without bothering checking his son or going to their house. I read in the youtube Dam's mother is a senior gumiho so that Mr Gumiho cannot sense her because Dam's mother is older and more experienced.  I wonder who is Dam's father??? I hope they will reveal this in this drama. 

• Shocked 2
  • Blob 1