[Drama 2021] My Roommate is a Gumiho/Frightening Cohabitation, 간 떨어지는 동거

0ly40

I like Seon Woo and he has the right to try.

But his scenes with Dam are no longer interesting because its clear that she

doesnt show any interest in him.

I hope that love triangle will not continue.

E3HHiyIVgAkC37t?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Spoiler

I'm glad they don't use the incarnation card. That card is too normal and boring for this drama

Love dam's fams and also wondering about the fam's motto. Why her mom leave their children, where is the dad. But she is a cool mom. She trusts her children a lot. A lot. Because she's happy and doesn't have problems with dam staying with a man.

And the mistery! So orishin has a twin? An evil twin? Or maybe the trailer is trying to fool the viewers. But, they never do that in previous trailers so...

Anyw, i miss sunbae-dam interaction. Idk if he will be an important character, he gets less and less screen time but they put him as main role on mydramalist cast

Oh, and

I hope orishin's first love will play important role in the modern era, at least to bring this uncle-niece become couple of the year /cheers/

• Like 2

Yikes when that Yeo Woo doppelganger ran after the annoying female colleague at parking lot it scared the heck out of me. I really hope it's an imposter. 

At first, I thought Yeo Woo was attracted to Dam because she looked like his first love (like in Tale of Nine Tailed) but it was just 'cause he was lonely LoL. 

Jung So Min look so tiny next to Jang Ki Yong ha-ha. And I really don't see the point in keeping Seon Woo in drama still. 

Dam's mom is so cool & WoW Gumiho magic doesn't work on her. That senior Jae Jin set Dam up with was pathetic. What's wrong with being a museum curator? How dare he ridicule her grades? 

At least she has goals & she's doing her best. I feel like in asian countries including mine, there's a lot of emphasis on majoring in stem related fields. Simply 'cause there's better financial security/future in those industries. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

And I really don't see the point in keeping Seon Woo in drama still. 

According to the relationship chart, her little sister is probably going out with Dam's little brother, they will be dating, so it will be a little weird

I love the friendship that there is between Dam and his two best friends, the guy is very cute to be angry with Dam, the scene where he simulates the flirting made me laugh, there is no ambiguity between Dam and her boy best friend

This drama do have very good actor and actress as a cameo and I love it! This week the story a bit mellow and slow pace. The rating also dropped this week. I hope it could regain back next week. Dam's mom so cool and elegant. Anyone knows who is the actress?

@orion00

The actress' name is Oh Hyun Kyung, she's a former beauty queen. I first remember watching her on Wang's Family. I hated her character there LoL! 

She was also an irresponsible parent on Radio Romance. The last drama I saw her in was Beautiful Gong Shim. And of course now this drama. 

• Like 1

Jung So Min cameo as Gumiho first love

10 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@orion00

The actress' name is Oh Hyun Kyung, she's a former beauty queen. I first remember watching her on Wang's Family. I hated her character there LoL! 

She was also an irresponsible parent on Radio Romance. The last drama I saw her in was Beautiful Gong Shim. And of course now this drama. 

She is such an elegant lady! Thank for the info. I really like her expensive way and that's why she like Lee Dam with Woo Yeo :mrgreen:

These two looks almost similar, fox and tiger. I really like Woo Yeo hair style. It's looks so different from his previous drama.

• Like 1

Didnt have high expectation for this drama initially but man, it was just so interesting and fluffy... had watched this for jangkiyong and im more interested in the drama than Doom... 

Yeo woo... acting like the 999 years old grandpa as it is... elegant?.. and handsome and yes, why wouldnt Dam fall for him? Rich, handsome and amazingly kind... 

Cant wait for the next episode!

• Like 4

Hi there!! My thoughts and observations on Episode 6 :

- Dam and Dan's Mum was really cool.  I was dead scared of her (and for Dam) but she turned out to be the coolest Kdrama Mum, even openly supporting OTP lol.

- That blind date was so ... *face-palm* I am happy Oroshin magicked the chair on him, but would've loved to see Dam snap back at his arrogant unpleasant condescending rudeness for herself, I'm not used to Dam NOT speaking her mind!

- The "co-incidence" of Dam's top with the words "Forget-Me-Not" right after we saw our Gumiho deciding to make her forget him after we were given the history with his first love 

- Someone tell our Gumiho that being "Nieced" is definitely worst than being friend-zoned on the the social scale

- Dam has the greatest friends, they can be psycho with her but really do care about her.

- Very little second lead Seo Woo today.  I almost wish they would utilise him a bit more even though Dam made it clear she wants nothing to do with him.  I want him to redeem himself to her.  He hasn't really shown enough remorse to her even though we as the audience see in other scenes that he really does have feelings for her and feels bad.

- I always want to eat grilled meat after watching any Gumiho Dramas!

Lastly, I am watching this, Imitation, So I married an AntiFan and Doom At Your Service - If your boyfriend is not a celebrity or a supernatural being are you even dating?  :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Their family motto is "Live life on your own". No wonder the mum flounces in and out of their lives without much care. I don't know their entire situation, but I hope she gives them monetary help - though the question is how much considering Damn jumped at the opportunity to get her college fees paid by our Gumiho (or as saved in the female Gumiho's contact: POX - I swear I almost spit out my water there). 

As "cool" as the mum looks, I don't think this is a healthy family environment. Lol she drove into the city just to talk 5 minutes to her daughter and then left immediately. They didn't even share food. No wonder Dam was spaced out, wishing she could spend time with her mother. 

As for Dam's friend, they are okay. The guy friend is a tad pushy. He thinks he's such a dating expert, though he's been just dumped a lot of times, I wonder if that's why his face got stuck in permanent pouting mode. 

I'm guessing that the memory erasure won't work on Dam either, so when it's time to take out the marble, she probably will still remember Woo Yeo. 

• Like 5

Move out of the way friend-zoned; we get neice-zoned.

LOL and they way he thought she was talking about steamed eggs, when she confessed. For someone living so long copying humans he sure is a dumdum is oh so many ways. :joy:

The drama really addresses all issues cropping up at all angels which is so refreshing 

I think the actors are on point playing as 20 somethings; loud , brash always OTT in everything. That's how the current crop are ( have a 20 something cousin so speaking from experience) 

Mom being the first shipper; she is cool too cool; But I dont think we can jump to any conclusions to their family dynamics. Is too much freedom bad? I dont think so; Both Dan and Dam are trustworthy good people in their own right and I think they are in the age where they have their own busy lives to have a parent constantly hover over them. 

I think she raised them as independent till she can and left to pursue her career when they spread their wings. 

I am intrigued that the mind-erasing didn work on Mom and once Dam realizes what he is going to do; I dont think it will work on her too. Or the Marble refuses to come out?? 

Also, I dont think its a Woo Yeo Doppelganger. Maybe that Gumiho is past his 1000 yrs and is taking Woo Yeo's form to attack now? Gumiho's can shape shift

Next week better have answers..[ side not Hospital playlist 2 ++ :love:]

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Very interesting episode...felt like it was moving the story along nicely. A few comments: 

1) Dam's mom being very open minded kinda makes sense; if she spends a lot of her time overseas, then I feel like she wouldn't be as traditional as most Korean moms. Pretty funny to see them so nervous only to end with her shipping them. Interesting family dynamics for sure. 

2) It felt a little strange for the friends to push her to go on a blind date so soon after she got "rejected"... I mean in a normal situation wouldn't you want to give your friend space to get over it? Also a bit "ehhh" about the fact that the friend didn't even really know the dude and got her to go out with a rando that he met once. I wouldn't want my "best friend" to do that -_-"" 

3) Dang, the fact that he kinda "allowed" his first love to die like that was quite heartbreaking. Obviously Dam isn't going to meet the same fate. I wonder if they will go the route of him taking the marble out, her losing her memories but continue to be drawn to him and then they start fresh or what. I was thinking, couldn't he just take the marble out, erase her memory, and then meet her again and then fall in love, and continue the cycle again? It'll kind of be like 50 first dates but at least he could still keep meeting her? hahaha

• Like 2

@WinCee, @agenth, @classyviews, @moon_nebula welcome and hi! I'm not the owner of this thread but really fun to read your comments! 

Really happy seeing this thread moving. Not sure why tvn remove the interview promo and not many updated in the tvn drama youtube channel compared to Dooms at your service? Perhaps tvn let IQYI do all the promo. Too many stressful drama this very so light rom-com is very much needed now.

• Like 2
  • Love 1