[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

10 hours ago, aisling said:

I came across this comment that made me LOL. ZERO chemistry between the leads? Like are we even watching the same drama? The chemistry between Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun is burning! There are sparks flying around them whenever they’re onscreen together. They both have amazing comedic timing but they they’re also intense and hot with passion.

This comes from someone who has been watching k-dramas for over a decade and I can honestly say they are already in my TOP 5 OTPs. They’re well matched in visuals and talents. Imagine if they had cast lesser actors, there’s no way the drama would be this engaging.

Just don't care about those comment. It is just the matter of difference personal preference.

We can't force other peoples to love the pairing or dramas that we love. 

The main reason I'm joining and posting in the Soompi forum for dramas is because I can share the love I have for the dramas with the people that also love the same dramas. If we focus about the people that dislike/hate the drama that we love, it will only tainted our feeling/mood.

I'm already tired with the real thing that happened in the world right now like Covid-19 and other problems so I'm watching a funny and sweet dramas like Mr Queen to relieve my stress. Let's just focus about our beloved royal couple or wonderful casts like Kim Jung hyun/Shin Hye Sun and others and also share any interesting opinions that we may have about this drama so we will feel happy! 

:issohappy:

They are the main reason I'm willing to wait for this drama to air and watch while it ongoing although it test my patience for the next episodes:please:

Talented main casts and their chemistry are really great!

credit to the owner

I remember the scene in episode 6 where So Bong got angry at Cheol Jong because he saved her after she jumped into the lake and then he keep mentioning about "No Touching" phrase to persuaded her when they were fighting, 

(Well, I'm watching this drama with English subtitles so I'm rely on the translation. If anyone feel that this translation is not accurate, please correct me)

she asked: "Do you even know what no touching means?"

he answered: "I do. I remember everything that you said to me". 

And that's so true until he can even create a dictionary to list the new words he heard she mentioned in front of him.

(I want to create gif for this scene but I'm such a noob about creating and uploading gif in forum, I only know how to quote people's gif LOL:tears:

Spoiler

The words:

credit to the owner

The scenes:

all clips credit to @deanne3004

King Cheol Jongiee & Queen So Bong:

one of the most adorable royal couple in the Korean historical romance drama:lol:

credit to the owner

Anyway did anybody realize that based on the preview for episode 11,

Cheol Jong and Byung In fighting using fans while Hwa Jin kinda threatening So Bong with shooting the arrow at So Bong's direction at 0:20 until 0:27 LOL

I dunno, just feel it kinda funny. Aish, if only I can create gif:tears:

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Kim Jung Hyun was not an actor that I particularly liked, but he is doing a great job in this drama and I will definitely continue see his work from now on. I can't say anything about Shin Hye Sun, she's always wonderful. I also read somewhere that drama is boring, I think everyone has their opinion, however they criticize the actors harshly, it's so sad.

Sorry for my poor english.

• Like 2

I am watching kdramas for almost 10 years and always was a silent soompi reader. But this drama made me sign up. As long as it makes me smile who cares what others think :) since i am here now, i want to write some. 

I think  the best ending is so yong and bong hwan having the same soul. Then so yong can have both memory of past and future life.  that means the future bong hwan can wake up and keep on his life. 

If it is not, then i prefer the ending game as so yong and the king. Why? 

Because bong hwan is a straight guy. Forcing him to like the king is same thing as forcing a gay guy to like opposite sex because he is in a man’s body. 

The show try to show us the feelings so bong has belongs to so yong. When they kissed it was so yong. They made it clear when she opened her eyes. Thats why he slapped her. 

And we are all hating hwa jin because she is a fake so yong. What about bong hwan? When the king learn the truth of past, he will be a fake so young, too.  He is not the one who saved the king. I do not want so yong being disappear, She deserves to be remembered by the ones she loved. 

Then, Bong hwan should go back to his life and take his revenge, fall in love and  have his happy ending. 

I agree it is a little unfair for the king. But, If the king meet with a guy who has same personality, he would not fall in love. He fall in love with both. And i feel like so yong had a very similar personality to bong hwan. Because even the ones closest to her do not think she behaves very strange makes me think she was strange from the beginning :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

What I think would work here is the merging of the 2 souls. If BH voluntarily gave up his memories from the future in order to stay with Cheoljong as Soyong (after having solved his issues in the future by doing something to Han in the past) that would make SY/BH one person and the story could work. Cheoljong wouldn’t be staying with a fake SY, he’d partially end up with the real SY who would be a combination of BH’s personality and SY’s personality, feelings, memories and body. Technically, BongHwan is in a vegetative state, so his life in the future can end any minute, and staying alive through SY is like a second life opportunity for him. Maybe the story will make him realize that he wasted his first life on superficial things and he’s been given this life in Joseon as a 2nd chance to live in a different way? If he gives up his memories VOLUNTARILY he could adapt to Joseon and love Cheoljong without any problem.  That’s the most convincing solution I can think of.

OMG. What a complicated story. It's funny because it's crazy but I kind of like not knowing how the writer will solve it.   :Megalol::crazily:

• Like 6

6 hours ago, aisling said:

I think the king forgot about this task. Someone should remind him in the next episode! It’s the matter of the utmost importance for the country!

For modesty's sake we will not be invited. Instead we will watch the royal chef craft a lady-in-waiting doll from bark and pine cones as a gift for his favorite lady while muttering about overbearing queens.

Edited by Raffles
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Hey I'm new But this drama is so amazing I needed somewhere to go and talk about it!!!

From what I seen SY soul is gone, just her memories and feelings linger in her body, at least that what I get it's not like BH blacks out when he becomes attracted to the king or has a flash he seems to remain himself but just becomes consumed by her emotions or her memories even when he was kissing the king he tried to dominate him, if that was so young soul I don't think she would have done that from what we've seen she didn't seem like that type of person, but maybe she was. Also, when he returned to his vegetated body she did not return to her so either her soul is stuck somewhere or she's generally gone. At least that's what I gathered from my observation, it kinda like those drama's with heart transplant.

• Like 5

@Lj yeah i was wondering the same thing cos somewhere i see it was lying down beside her

thinking about the part where she mumbled something like "why? u always wanted a daughter.." something lidat.. when she was in a vegetative state which prompted the king to say, "yeah u missed your mom bla bla.."

wondering will this point be addressed later about the connection between bonghwan and soyong's soul.. i do wonder why bonghwan's soul went back to soyong's body after it first went back to his body after he was resuscitated

SHS has a very cute face, so i sort of associated her with being petite but she's actually so tall! she's like almost the same height with KJH.. but yeah, she is an actress..

• Like 2

Yes, thank you soo much @selen4ever!

What kind of fight did the guys do? Using fans:sweat_smile:

Peoples can say whatever they want about this drama or Shin Hye Sun/Kim Jung Hyun pair here, but many drama productions can see queen Shin Hye Sun talent from this drama and her past dramas.

That's why they want her to work with them. 

I'm so happy for you, my queen!:issohappy:

credit to the owner

I'm sure it is the same with king Kim Jung Hyun and I'm wondering what kind of character he will tackle next. Since I don't know Korean language, I'm also rely the news about his drama through translation.

I'm eagerly waiting for the news of his next drama. Fighting!

credit to the owner

I fall for him since School 2017 and I love him more here as the multilayer character, King Cheol Jong. His character is quiet, people think that is boring but in his head, he's like "I'm willing to look dumb since right now I'm execute my plan about the way to kick yo a**"

Well, except when he is with his queen, because she make him truly dumbfounded LOOL

Spoiler

credit to the owner

When she tried to act normal towards him, it weirds him out because to him her weird attitude is the one that is NORMAL:partyblob:

Spoiler

credit to the owner

As I mentioned on my post before, with all the chaos in the real world, why we have to focus about people comments that only added our stress? 

I love Mr Queen, I love the royal couple, I really love Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun performances and chemistry together here so let's enjoy this drama together, ok friends!

I'm so glad that both of them get to work together in this drama! They are my happy pills! 

Fighting Mr Queen!:heart1: 

credit to the owner

• Like 9
  • Blob 2

Hi Chingu,

I just did some history backgroud of Queen Cheorin.

We will not get royal baby so soon...(around 7 year later royal baby was born)

History background of Queen Cheorin:

She was the daughter of Kim Mun-geun (Hangul: 김문근, Hanja: 金汶根) and his second wife, Lady Heung-yang of the Yeoheung Min clan (Hangul: 흥양부부인 여흥 민씨, Hanja: 興陽府夫人 驪興 閔氏). As part of the Andong Kim clan's manipulation of King Cheoljong, she married Cheoljong in 1851.

Son

• Prince Royal Yi Yung-jun (원자 융준, 元子 隆俊) (22 November 1858 - 25 May 1859)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

dreary morning here.. need some eye candy

this looks like a wedding photo hehe

Spoiler

spacer.png

love the tension of loving your legit wife and yet she's the one you can't have. just waiting for all the tension to explode like fireworks!

Edited by kwayteow_mama
added some other random thought
  • Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

I just watched episode 9, and I don’t understand what happened with the two little girls and the well. And how was Jo Hwajin able to wander into the Queen’s house as a child, and how did the Queen as a child know of the king in the well?

what was the series of events, starting with Hwajin getting teased as a fake SoYoung?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

just watched episode 9, and I don’t understand what happened with the two little girls and the well. And how was Jo Hwajin able to wander into the Queen’s house as a child, and how did the Queen as a child know of the king in the well?

so hwajin has always been kinda jealous of/looks up to soyong, dressing up like her so it's easy to mix the two of them up (the starting scene where soyong's friends mistake hwajin as soyong).

hwajin and soyong were friends who chat across the wall around soyong's house. soyong was grieving her mother and wants to see her mum again. hwajin (intentionally or unintentionally) replies that we will be able to see our passed loved ones when we die. so soyong decided to try and kill herself by trapping herself in the well so no one can find her. that's where she incidentally met won beom.

jo hwajin was able to just freely enter her house just because drama setting LEL

hwajin was teased as fake soyong because the one that gave won beom the courage to live again was soyong. also she saved him twice - once when she went into the well to kill herself and gave him some water. and another time by unsealing the well so he could escape. it was significant to him because the people he loved left him one by one to die (and thus leaving him to fend for himself), but she was the only one who came back. but when he escaped the well, he mistook hwajin as soyong and fell in love with her instead. hwajin didn't correct him, may be because of how much she wanted to be soyong. the book that he handed over to hwajin was soyong's, i'm guessing won beom couldn't read back then. but hwajin subsequently changed the name on the book to hers, so she took the place of soyong in won beom's life.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 2

10 hours ago, Some1ran said:

Hey I'm new But this drama is so amazing I needed somewhere to go and talk about it!!!

From what I seen SY soul is gone, just her memories and feelings linger in her body, at least that what I get it's not like BH blacks out when he becomes attracted to the king or has a flash he seems to remain himself but just becomes consumed by her emotions or her memories even when he was kissing the king he tried to dominate him, if that was so young soul I don't think she would have done that from what we've seen she didn't seem like that type of person, but maybe she was. Also, when he returned to his vegetated body she did not return to her so either her soul is stuck somewhere or she's generally gone. At least that's what I gathered from my observation, it kinda like those drama's with heart transplant.

Hello and welcome to Mr Queen thread! I also can’t stay away from Soompi as I need to share all my excitement and love for this drama.

A “heart transplant” trope you mentioned actually fit well with what is happening to So Bong. I’ve watched several dramas/films where this trope was used. The recipient suddenly gained some or all of memories and feelings of the donor. It’s called “cell memory”, as in the body remembers what it did even though the original soul is gone. 

I think the majority of viewers think So Yong took over during the kiss and every time So Bong gets flustered because of Cheoljong. But I agree with you it’s more like Bong Hwan got overwhelmed by So Yong’s memories that made him act on them. There’s no indication So Yong came back during those moments. So Bong doesn’t remember the kiss not because So Yong was in control at that time but because So Bong was dead drunk :tounge_xd:

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Mr. Queen: Episodes 9-10 Open Thread

by missvictrix

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/QUEEN0910_1.jpg

Things are getting complicated! Mr. Queen continues to use its body swap for maximum hijinks, and the more our hero loses himself in the queen, the more the mayhem. However, with the blending of identities also comes memories that reveal important information about the court politics.

EPISODES 9-10 WEECAP

QUEEN0910_2.jpg

This week signals the halfway point in our story, and though our trapped hero has come a long way in Joseon, we’re still very far away from any kind of answers about the actual body swap — or even what’s happening with the Bong-hwan that’s still in the present-day. Instead, our attention this week focuses on court politics, all preceded by some make out mayhem.

The kiss Cheoljong planted on a drunk/confused So-yong last week did not end with Byung-in walking in on them, horrified. Instead, things get hot fast. So hot, in fact, that So-yong’s father (who also stepped onto the scene) tiptoes away with Byung-in, letting the newlyweds do their thing.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/01/mr-queen-episodes-9-10-open-thread/

• Like 5
  • Blob 1