[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

Poor baby... Everything about his life is so complicated and despairing. He had a nightmare about being a literal puppet and woke up terrified. Why is it so sad that he doesn’t have anyone to lean on? Everybody wants something from him, nobody looks at him and really sees him (except for our So Bong). I find it heartbreaking that his only comfort is to write alien words he heard So Bong saying. Why is his life so pitiful? 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 13

I don't know why I'm thinking the ending of this drama is the king and queen leaving the royal palace and lives like normal people. The queen open a restaurant somewhere and bring the korean dish to another level. Because historically the queen and king are died young right? Maybe they fake their death and live like ordinary people. And I think the cousin will helped them escape because he care with the queen so much. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, orion00 said:

I don't know why I'm thinking the ending of this drama is the king and queen leaving the royal palace and lives like normal people. The queen open a restaurant somewhere and bring the korean dish to another level. Because historically the queen and king are died young right? Maybe they fake their death and live like ordinary people. 

If your theory end up happen I would be the most happiest person in the world lol at least they survived. Since, saeguk drama always disappoint me with my fave character dying or not a good ending after all. 

As saeguk drama tradition is sad ending so I was like giving hope but not expecting anything. Of course, happy ending is always the BEST but yeah can deny other theory about bad/sad ending.

*hoping both King and Queen at least survived THAT IT :sad1:

And we actually didn’t know how this drama gonna end, since for now soyong body is control by bong hwan, is soyong soul still there or gone? Will bong hwan back to modern world? Or they merged with each other soul in one body? or etc... Hahahaha I will just sit back and watch what happen too much theory LOL:2540_meh:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aisling said:

Poor baby... Everything about his life is so complicated and despairing. He had a nightmare about being a literal puppet and woke up terrified. Why is it so sad that he doesn’t have anyone to lean on? Everybody wants something from him, nobody looks at him and really sees him (except for our So Bong). I find it heartbreaking that his only comfort is to write alien words he heard So Bong saying. Why is his life so pitiful? 

That's why I couldn't hate Cheol Jong from the beginning and understand him even when other audiences hate him and swooning over Byung In and ship him with past Kim So Yong.

Cheol Jong losing his family members when he still young because of Kim's clan and even when he become king when he grown up, Kim's clan still treat him like crap. 

Did people think he should be like this to her:

"My Queen, my family member are dead because of your clan. Not only that, I have to pretend to be a dumb puppet king or they will dethrone me anytime. Now you become my queen because they want to strengthen their hold of me. But ehh that's not a big deal. I'm so happy that you are my queen so now let's started the plan to have children".

:surprisedwut:

I really pity the past Kim So Yong but she is not the only victim here. She has loving father, royal servant and come from powerful clan. While Cheol Jong only have Hwa Jin, his half-brother and special director Hong. And to be honest, she was quite naïve to think that he would accept her instantly. Well, she is a sheltered heiress since she lost her mother when she still young. I don't blame her at all but just like how she suffered, he is also the same. Both have their own suffering and become pawn for people in the palace.

And now, slowly, they become each other strength:tears:

credit to the owner

Queen So Bong is already falling but she is confused and in denial right now:lol:

credit to the owner

One of my request was granted! For them ride the palanquin together aww

The way she sit though LOL

Next I want she to cooks food for him!

Spoiler

credit to the owner

I hope in the future episode they will sleep together in the same room again so she can console him like before:dissapointed:

credit to the owner

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Preview for episode 11 with English subs. (Turn on CC).

If I understand it correctly, So Bong starts to question her attraction towards Cheoljong. In the preview she says something like “I don’t know if it’s the wish of my heart or the body?”

I don’t know it’s it because I live in Europe (but I’m ethnically Asian) where people are generally more open minded but I just don’t understand why are some people (mostly on YouTube) so upset if So Bong falls in love with Cheoljong. They’re posting comments like “But that’s a man’s soul in a body, why are they kissing?”

Love wouldn’t be love if one could control it. Is it such a sin for one soul to connect with another soul regardless of their gender? Technically it’s not even BL because the main protagonist still has a woman’s body. I still don’t know if the writers will be bold enough or they’re going to do a safe “Oh My Ghostess” ending.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, aisling said:

I don’t know it’s it because I live in Europe (but I’m ethnically Asian) where people are generally more open minded but I just don’t understand why are some people (mostly on YouTube) so upset if So Bong falls in love with Cheoljong. They’re posting comments like “But that’s a man’s soul in a body, why are they kissing?”

Love wouldn’t love if one could control it. Is it such a sin for one soul to connect with another soul regardless of their gender? Technically it’s not even BL because the main protagonist still has a woman’s body. I still don’t know if the writers will be bold enough or they’re going to do a safe “Oh My Ghostess” ending.

not me.. i'm actually all good with the mild LBGT slant here.. i think it's essential for context and art

i don't think it'll be a oh my ghost type end at this point.. i'm starting to think the speculation that bonghwan is somehow the "reincarnation" of soyong has some weight.. their meeting in the water must have been due some kind of deeper connection. and bonghwan may be her future self who's living out the life she wanted as a free spirit as opposed to the "suffocating" life she had

Spoiler

but i really don't know what to expect when the queen gets shot by hwajin although we know the show can't end yet.. haha

Edited by kwayteow_mama
just adding my speculation
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, orion00 said:

don't know why I'm thinking the ending of this drama is the king and queen leaving the royal palace and lives like normal people. The queen open a restaurant somewhere and bring the korean dish to another level. Because historically the queen and king are died young right? Maybe they fake their death and live like ordinary people. And I think the cousin will helped them escape because he care with the queen so much. 

ahhh same. it seems like both of them dislike the court/palace and prefer the freedom of the outside anyway. i hope they get the happy ending that they want. 

some chi-eng trans. pardon my awkward phrasing my chinese is super rusty lel.

Spoiler

from 1.50

SB: why on earth would you go into the well in the middle of the night?

CJ: ah, it was too dark, i didn't see the well and fell in

SB: you have night blindness? falling into such a deep well (? not sure about the 2nd sentence)

CJ: ah

MG (soyong's father): are you awake?

CJ: pls wait. pls wait a moment. yes, pls come in.

MG: if i knew you were coming, i would have made preparations for your sleeping place

(flashback of young soyong begging MG not to seal the well)

MG: my apologies

CJ: don't say that

CJ: i don't wish to trouble you any further, we will be going back to the palace today

MG: no trouble at all, pls don't say it that way. i'm here to convey grand queen dowager's message.

MG: seeing how anxious grand queen dowager is for you to return to the palace, you must be needed urgently

SB: since i've recovered now, i should go back as to the palace as well.

MG: no matter how busy you are, you don't have to worry about anything else. just focus on your responsibility as queen. although i'm lacking, don't forget that i'm always here for you.

SB: yes

MG: have a safe journey, your majesty. although it's not appropriate for me to ask of this, but pls take care of the queen

CJ: i will take extra care to ensure that she won't be lonely

MG: thank you

CJ: let's go

SB, thinking: although he seems like a good father, at the end of the day he's still a greedy man who pushed his daughter into hell (like, put her in a dangerous situation because) he actually married his daughter off to a man he tried to kill in the past. is that why he (CJ) wanted to kill kim soyong?

SB: why do you look like you're worrying about court matters again?

CJ: i'm not

SB: if it's not that, then did you leave something behind? eh, really?

CJ: it's not like that. it's a good thing that you are able to return to the palace, this is my expression of happiness.

SB: then that's good.

SB, thinking: it's finally time to plot my revenge. but why do i feel like i missed out sth important?

SB: i keep having the feeling that there's sth impt...

SB: ah! that important matter!

SB: i have sth impt to do, get out of my way. hong yeon, follow me

CJ: why are you running again?

HY: my apologies

CJ: walk slowly!

YP: -face of disapproval- :joy:

SB: i heard that ladies of royal blood should walk like this, because i am the perfect queen.

CJ: who? who said that?

SB: lady choi said it. is it not?

CJ: no i mean, who is this "perfect queen" you're referring to?

SB: it's as you see, it's me

CJ: oh, that's scary. can you revert to your original self?

SB: speaking of which, what style of women do you like? sexy? cute? innocent?

CJ: what are you saying

SB: grand queen dowager is allowing me to select a few concubines. they are after all your concubines, i should take into consideration your preferences

CJ: concubines? if it's concubines...

SB, thinking: look at this guy, he's about to show his true colours... (btw did yall notice the "look at this guy" is the same thing shs said in the tvn interview when asked to describe cheoljong with 4 words? i wonder if the scriptwriter wrote it in on purpose after the interview)

CJ: that's a great idea! i'm sorry, i was too excited

SB: about that, i should make it clear that although you're the king, the concubines are not your property, that's an outdated way of thinking, you don't own them.

CJ: oh, i like that way of thinking. what you mean is-

SB: they're mine

CJ: eh?

SB: they are mine. so don't even think about going near their living quarters. you already have the royal concubine. 

CJ: ok, but i have a condition. give me a moment

SB: why?

CJ: it's ok. i want to choose the family/clan

SB: what? no! their appearance is more important than their background! their appearance!

CJ: then you can let grand queen dowager know that it's not necessary to select any concubines.

SB: fine. but let's no(t) touch each other's territory - im in charge of the appearance, you're in charge of the family background.

CJ: you indeed are my anti fan. i was so worried, but now there's a way to solve it.

SB: don't smile. stop smiling, stop holding my hand, stop sleeping next to me!

-lady choi frets-

CJ: do i stop doing everything?

SB: yes, you should stop doing everything. just! stop! argh, i spent too much time here. let's go!

HJ's lady in waiting: Lady HJ has a letter for you

CJ: in my time of absence, you must all have been busy. thanks to all of you, i have nothing to do.

court: my apologies, your majesty.

CJ: to show my gratitude, i plan to organise a luncheon/celebratory lunch.

court official: the people are suffering. if you organise a luncheon to reward us, the people will think that we don't care about them. it is better not to have one. this is not something a king should do.

CJ: but (someone, i'm guessing a previous king? or the grand queen dowager?) also organised a luncheon to celebrate a few months after their recovery from an illness. the queen also fell ill due to being too tired and just recovered, isn't that a cause for celebration?

JG: the reason behind the queen's illness is still under investigation, it is still unconfirmed.

CJ: she has been well the past 2 days, it must have just been because of fatigue/insufficient rest.

JG: but-

Jo court official (idk his name sorry haha): the queen managed to pull through such a difficult time, it deserves a small celebration at least.

CJ: yes, that's my responsibility as a husband and a king.

(another kim?) court official: your majesty, you can't do that. regarding the queen's condition, it was such a dangerous situation. if we don't do a thorough investigation and just sweep it under the rug- 

CJ: did you not see that the queen has fully recovered? could it be, you're hoping that the queen was indeed harmed by someone?

court official: no, of course not...

CJ: or, rather than being worried about the queen's safety, you're more concerned with using this incident to achieve your political goals?!

JG: pls calm down your majesty. if that is your intention, we should be grateful.

CJ: then everyone, pls look forward to it (the luncheon).

GQD: looks like you had a good rest, are you harbouring desires now?

at the start, seems like the queen dowager is trying to get the king to work with her (to fulfill the previous king's goal?). CJ isn't sure whether to accept/tries to politely decline, tells her that he'll think about her offer.

CJ and HJ's convo continues in the next vid

CJ: i'm sorry i made you wait

HJ: pls leave us for a while. i thought you weren't coming, so i came back first.

CJ: i was held up by other matters. 

HJ: you must have been busy, you didn't even have time to read a letter.

CJ: actually, the queen dowager came to look for me and we spoke for a while

HJ: what did you speak about?

CJ: just this and that

HJ: your majesty, you seem to be hiding more and more secrets from me. then what did you talk about with the queen, at the lake?

CJ: ah, you saw that

HJ: is it something i shouldn't have seen?

CJ: no it's not, we were talking about selecting concubines

HJ: selecting concubines... you can't be happy about it?

CJ: it's an opportunity to distract the kim clan. if there is another clan to fight with them, their threat to the throne will diminish.

HJ: so? you allowed it?

CJ: yes

HJ: this is (the video got cut. but she was trying to say that it's the queen's scheme)

CJ: bin (meaning concubine)

HJ: why are you calling me that? why are you no longer calling me by my name? you used to say that the person who made you happy and sad was me, wasn't it? has that changed?

CJ: HJ ah-

HJ: pls answer me, (i want to know) where your heart is. your majesty, have you fallen for the queen?

!!!!!! ok so CJ's reply was in this video. he says he can't fall for the queen. HJ says so it's not because he will not fall for her, but it's that he cannot  ;;;;;A;;;;;

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

22 minutes ago, aisling said:

Preview for episode 11 with English subs. (Turn on CC).

If I understand it correctly, So Bong starts to question her attraction towards Cheoljong. In the preview she says something like “I don’t know if it’s the wish of my heart or the body?”

Love wouldn’t be love if one could control it. Is it such a sin for one soul to connect with another soul regardless of their gender? Technically it’s not even BL because the main protagonist still has a woman’s body. I still don’t know if the writers will be bold enough or they’re going to do a safe “Oh My Ghostess” ending.

I am not Asian, but since I started watching K-drama/ Asian Dramas I have watched countless times the "fell in love with a girl disguinst as a man". Isn't this kind of similar? In fact here we have a woman falling in love with a man, Plato wrote that souls are genderless 2300+ years before.

The ending I would give to cater even the most conservatives, is that after they die in the past (living their life to the full), he wakes up in modern time where he finds the Kings soul ( in a woman i guess).

Eternal love, what's more universal and timeless?

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

The concubine has "victim mentality" since she's child, and that mental sickness makes her has her own delusional as the right owner of the king, as the right owner of happiness as King's wife and become the Queen. Damn!!!! Why I keep repeating to scold to that concubine in my head?!?!? Especially after the preview

About the preview

Spoiler

Based on the storyline from to the webdrama, there's indeed an accident, but the one who would get hurt not The Queen, but The Concubine. And that accident made others blame the Queen especially the King. But later The King knew that's The Concubine's trap for The Queen because The Concubine start to have ambition about The Queen's position. Then after knew the truth, The King came to the queen and still he had feeling about the Concubine, that's why the king  asked the queen to forgive the concubine.

As I remember based on the webdrama storyline, when the king knew that concubine tried to hurt the queen for the first time, the king was the one who asked forgiveness. But for the 2nd one, the queen who asked the forgiveness, for the 2nd one the king already fallen for the queen plus that time the queen's pregnant with his baby. Nah with the queen asked the king to forgive the concubine, the king more fallen to his queen. Then finally king knew that the Concubine has lied to him because of "love", the king seemed dislike that reason

Need to more The King and The Queen please... I want our Mr Queen not only knew the pain of monthly period times, but also morning sickness, and the happiness about pregnancy please... Hahahahahahaha... Sorry my silly dream chingu, but this is one of my medicine when I need to wait till Saturday, 6 days to go...

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

6 minutes ago, maria_m2me said:

The concubine has "victim mentality" since she's child, and that mental sickness makes her has her own delusional as the right owner of the king, as the right owner of happiness as King's wife and become the Queen. Damn!!!! Why I keep repeating to scold to that concubine in my head?!?!? Especially after the preview

About the preview

Hide contents

Based on the storyline from to the webdrama, there's indeed an accident, but the one who would get hurt not The Queen, but The Concubine. And that accident made others blame the Queen especially the King. But later The King knew that's The Concubine's trap for The Queen because The Concubine start to have ambition about The Queen's position. Then after knew the truth, The King came to the queen and still he had feeling about the Concubine, that's why the king  asked the queen to forgive the concubine.

As I remember based on the webdrama storyline, when the king knew that concubine tried to hurt the queen for the first time, the king was the one who asked forgiveness. But for the 2nd one, the queen who asked the forgiveness, for the 2nd one the king already fallen for the queen plus that time the queen's pregnant with his baby. Nah with the queen asked the king to forgive the concubine, the king more fallen to his queen. Then finally king knew that the Concubine has lied to him because of "love", the king seemed dislike that reason

Need to more The King and The Queen please... I want our Mr Queen not only knew the pain of monthly period times, but also morning sickness, and the happiness about pregnancy please... Hahahahahahaha... Sorry my silly dream chingu, but this is one of my medicine when I need to wait till Saturday, 6 days to go...

I’m with you! I also want our Queen get pregnant but more then this I want the king and the Queen confess their true feelings to each other and again have hot make out session:fullofhearts::smooches3:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 4