[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

I kinda like the ending :selfie2:

By the way, did cheoljong know the soul wasn't the same anymore? Because in spin-off, he fell in love with real soyoung at first sight but turned cold shoulder because of her clan. So i wonder if he missed that soyoung (when they tried to find each other in the end and met at the lake)

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, cenching said:

Happy ending for all the characters but not for majority of the viewers

I guess, the writers believed that SK isn't really ready for a heterosexual man falling for another heterosexual man, although in a woman's body. Wait does that make him transgender? No offense, but I am not sure how to qualify the situation.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Judging from the immediate response, the general sentiments about the ending of the K-drama version are about the same as the C-drama version (displeased & indignant). For the sake of K-society values (majority), I don't think the director could have left BH in So Yong's body, it would have been too uncomfortable for the conservatives. And with an ending like that, it's more palatable and less likely I reckon to get in trouble with the censorship board. For the rest of us who aren't part of their society, some of us would probably have applauded the storyline of BH remaining with CJ. After all, fair's fair - he did all the hard work and lay the foundation for their relationship. But for those who believe that BH is the reincarnation of SY, then this is perhaps a little easier to swallow, though I would say it's like swallowing bitter medicine; knowing it makes sense but leaving a bad taste in your mouth.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2

Hi everyone! Been a silent lurker on this thread and haven't signed into this account in YEARS haha but I just had to because of the ending:

What was that....o_o

I really detested that ending because let's be honest, CJ fell in love with SB not SY. Yes you can argue that he did like SY before (a la Spin Off) but at the end of the day, everything he fell in love with about the Queen, her eccentricities, her personality, her way of speaking, walking, laughing etc EVERYTHING WAS SB!!

I don't know I feel very let down and in a way feel like I've been taken for a mug by the production team haha because that was just such a HUGE cop-out.

ALSO surely CJ must realise that SB is no longer there I mean the Queen's Dictionary?!

I don't think I'll be watching this later with English subs because what's the point haha but I do not want to see the part that Choi Jin Hyuk did his voiceover because maybe there might be something there?

In my head, the ending goes as when they both got shot, SB left the body but then came back and then everything else happened :)) i.e. CJ and SB end game

P.S still SOOO annoyed oml haha

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

It seems to me that BH is happy returning to present day and that he is cleared of all charges against him.. he doesn’t seem to miss CJ much? He was interested to know what happened and whether what he did when he was in SY’s body changed any part of history.. so can we say that BH in SY’s body was influencing her certain behaviours but not her heart / feelings? 

argh! Why am I helping the writers justify themselves???? 

:onfirex:

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

I guess the King doesn't care about the Queen's personality just her looks. That's the only explanation that makes sense considering how different SB and SY are. 

And him falling for SY on first sight in the prequel makes him look really disloyal considering he is supposed to have feelings for the concubine at that point.

Moreover, SY got her happy ending without doing anything for it. She gave up, jumped into the lake and woke up months later when everything is solved and the king adores her... While SB did everything but ends up alone. I guess not going to prison but still not enough of a payout for his efforts.

I am SO annoyed.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Wiggle 1

It doesn’t add up, what is the point of showing SY soul drowned at the bottom of the lake, if she is actually there all the time (judging from her reaction, she didn’t have a shock moment like SB first time arrived at Joseon era).

Her attitude changed a bit, but CJ didn’t even realize that. What the.. ??

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

I feel sorry for Cheoljong who was kinda scammed because he would be in a relationship with someone who just looks like the one he fell for

I feel sorry for Bonghwan because come on, he felt something for CJ too don't @ me

I feel sorry for Soyong because the love she receives should have been for someone else

Thanks for coming to my TED talk

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

1 minute ago, joonminfan said:

It seems to me that BH is happy returning to present day and that he is cleared of all charges against him.. he doesn’t seem to miss CJ much? He was interested to know what happened and whether what he did when he was in SY’s body changed any part of history.. so can we say that BH in SY’s body was influencing her certain behaviours but not her heart / feelings? 

This is the part that I hate the most......From willing to take a bullet for CJ literally and the next minute he just kinda brushes it off like the bullet is a mosquito bite......:onfirex:

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

On 2/7/2021 at 4:41 PM, zzang phoenix said:

Okay, before reading this, let us put our best clown makeup and costume:))

The subtitle for EP 19 is "The One Who Come Back From Hell"

SO..

EMM..

WHAT IF?

"The One" here refers to real Kim Soyong not CJ?

Why hell? Because she maybe being judged by the deity because of the suicide incident, abandon your body is a sin, but since she did it out of desperation, maybe the deity will forgive her:)

This is the 1% chance that we're talking about, actually 99% of me believe that the writer won't make Soyong comeback no matter what happen, so I don't want to hold on to a false hope, but yeahh, I'm just missing Real Kim Soyong so much right now, then what could I do?

Another 1% chance theory, this pic

Reveal hidden contents

The way she sits is way tooooo ELEGANT for someone like Jang Sobong, and as long as I remember I haven't seen that scene before, so I predicted that she might be Real Soyong who came to the lake and thanked Bong Hwan (after he went back to the future).

Yes but anyway, this is 1% chance theory, so let's just pray, and be prepared to accept everything, one more week to go, we can do this!

GUESS WHAT????????? WE WON EVERYONE, LEMME APPLY TO BE ONE OF tVN'S WRITERR!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 2

Somehow I cannot imagine SY slapping the king if he goes and say something stupid, or hit him repeated for being an azz! It is so totally not SB anymore. The writers are trying to make CJ a man, who falls for women just because of her face, meh, I thought CJ was the epitome of a person who doesn't care what kind of person you are, flaws and all. He loved therefore he loved you end of story. So does this mean, he will never meet the woman he fell in love with? He learned to struggle with? The one he learned to be honest with?

That makes the ending so sad and pathetic.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

Also not sure if I'm allowed to post again so soon (been so many years now I've forgotten the rules haha so I apologise if I broke a rule!)

But honestly MAJOR props to SHS for her acting because I could tell the difference between SB and SY almost instantaneously!!

The minute SY came back, I don't know I felt weird like I didn't feel quite as connected with the character anymore and was thinking "omg you took SB place, give it back!" haha and that says SOO much about her acting power!!

I really reallly missed SB and her antics and mannerisms during the majority of the episode which :(((

Ah Mr Queen, took me on a wonderful ride (with some ups and down) these last 19 episodes to just burn me with the final ep haha. Love it x_x

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1