[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

48 minutes ago, skinnyjeans said:

Remembering how SB mostly forgot whenever they got 'intimate', the wild hot kisses and also the first hot night, maybe you're right. 

But seriously,

WRITERS-NIM YOU OWE US EXPLANATION!!!

I'm politically correct - it was her body - at least she could control that :))))))))))))))))) and resurface at the right moment for her ahhahaah

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I think I'll just see it this way to cheer me up tonight:

At least, KJH is alive in the end of this drama.

Both SHS and KJH indeed are great actors. And as we are all agree, they have amazing chemistry, that makes me ship them in real! 

I'll just watch his recorded Live IG then... :brokenheart:

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

Antifans FamBam, first we need is Season 4 Group GIF by Friends

:smashes::criesariver::dead::idk::crazily::loveu::coolshades:

There's just too much of many things in a span of 2 days and 2 months back. We got together this far. And we will continue to have discussions about our theories and our preferences and all things in between. But for now...in tears of joy or frustration or bleh or relief ... thank you for being here. This will be hard to forget (though many may opt to). Love is Love is Love.

:dontwanna:  :foryou::Megathanks: 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, kara_mella said:

Guys!!! they wouldn't have taken the BL route - they are not allowed - Knetz are very conservative - so BIG NO - even this is a cable TV -their main political party shares this ideology - so, no way to get something like that on tv.

I am not asking/hoping for BL route, they can swap the soul back to SY, but please make it believable, don’t leave the audience disconnected like this lol..

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

It feels wrong to disregard BH's feelings and actions and say that he was "forced" to feel the love he felt for CJ because of SY's soul only to justify the ending.

You can just say "They cannot have BL implication that's controversial so just freaking deal with that ending and shut up" and I'd prefer that than trying to dig some logic out of the ending. :wacko:

Here goes my 3rd post within 1 hour I'm gonna get lost now. Can't believe that I'm more upset over a drama's ending than the fact that I don't have anyone to celebrate Valentine's Day with.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 2

1 minute ago, skinnyjeans said:

I think I'll just see it this way to cheer me up tonight:

At least, KJH is alive in the end of this drama.

Both SHS and KJH indeed are great actors. And as we are all agree, they have amazing chemistry, that makes me ship them in real! 

I'll just watch his recorded Live IG then... :brokenheart:

What's interesting for me is, although SHS is both SY and SB, I can't see her as SY with CJ - as in for me the proper virtuous queen doesn't have any "chemistry" with CJ - that's some seriously outstanding acting *SHS mama please accept my humble bow* 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

1 minute ago, shimshimae said:

What's interesting for me is, although SHS is both SY and SB, I can't see her as SY with CJ - as in for me the proper virtuous queen doesn't have any "chemistry" with CJ - that's some seriously outstanding acting *SHS mama please accept my humble bow* 

yeah I love both KJH and SHS.. I would love to see them both in another drama together.. in the meantime I’m gonna go rewatch Time (he was so amazing here) and maybe start on Rebel.. been putting it off.. I’m ashamed to say I haven’t watched any of SHS’s dramas except for 5 Children (is that the title?). Should I watch Still 17?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, kara_mella said:

people - Have you seen Kill me, Heal me?

I was so pfgfdjgdfj off  bcuz I really liked Shin Se Gi - who didn't ?

LOL, but he was a side personality of the main character - gosh he gives up because he loves the girl who loves the main character, but also bcuz the body is not his, he is just an invention of Cha Do-Hyun's brain. 

So this was more tragic then Mr Queen - he doesn't survive - he choose to disappear forever. 

But here both CJ and SB love each other, I see Shin Se Gi akin to BI in this context

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Blob 2

spacer.png

LMAO this ending is even worse then all three Chinese endings combined together. At least in c-version it wasn’t so homophobic. And it’s even worse than Oh My Ghost cause in OMG the ghost at least had chance to say goodbye to a male lead?!!

So let me get this crap straight. I started this journey with Jang Bong Hwan whom I adored and it was his skills, wits, and courage that made it possible for Cheoljong to become the strong wise king.

Bong Hwan:

- saved C and HJ from execution 

- saved the banquet 

- supplied Cheoljong with the knowledges 

- stood up against Kim clan

- saved Cheoljong from the well

- took a F bullet for him 

Cheoljong

- “I like you despite your (Bong Hwan’s) flaws.” 
- intrigued and attracted to Bong Hwan’s brash personality 

- admired Bong Hwan’s skills and knowledges

They literally made BW go through their first night enjoying it, made him accepting his feelings for Cheoljong but in the end he just went back like NOTHING ever happened. Like what kind of CRAP is this?!!

And Cheoljong who’s supposed to be smart not recognising it’s it the same person anymore? So Yong won’t have the knowledge or skills of BH if he’s no longer in her body. What kind of TRASH is this. How on Earth did they think this ending is OK??!!!!!!!!!!

You know what???

JANG BONG HWAN literally CAME FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 17
  • Sad 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 2

2 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

Yes! Couldn't agree more. 

Her acting is superb! I don't think anyone can play SY-SB role as she did. 

She is truly see SY and BH not as two different genders but characters and she played it brilliantly. Standing applause for her brilliant acting! 

• Like 12
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, redyellowred said:

Wow..IF they really did that because the station is 'conservative' and will not allow creations that will endorse lgbt relationships..well...thats 20 episodes full of queerbaiting. i hope they're happy about that.

they don't care and Choi Jin Hyuk wouldn't have played such a character - maybe in a movie - not in a drama. Dramas are for domestic audience so NOPE, something like this would destroy your status and popularity.  

• Sad 5
  • Insightful 1

I am not hoping for a BL ending as I know how conservative is SK BUT I want a proper closure of why what where when. It feels totally wrong when you scrambled everyone/everything under the sky and put it back as if nothing happened, just because.....I can't believe the production added 4 episodes for this kind of half 4rs3 ending......

• Like 12
  • LOL 1

The writers had a good idea for the drama but were lost in several ways, especially after episode 15.

From the spoilers I've been reading, I think I'm going to hate the way they explained the whole SY and Bong story.

In spite of everything, I can't throw the drama out because I really liked a lot of things about it.

I have mixed feelings.

I don't know what happened to drama writers last year. I watched several that had good ideas but totally finished the ending.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

On 2/14/2021 at 4:40 PM, shimshimae said:

But here both CJ and SB love each other, I see Shin Se Gi akin to BI in this context

If BH had loved someone that would have been SY, not the King  :) I know it's not what you want to read, but she saved him to save her - they are bound to each other - she stayed in her body for the very reason - he was a solution that appeared at the very moment - she didn't "go" in his body - there is no switch here.

He had an out of body experience - a more like near death experience and falling into water that serves as a portal to another world - of past times - his saved and can return from is comatose state 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3

Bong Hwan remembers all of Soyong's past memories so maybe Soyong also knows about Bong Hwan's memories in the future too? And her personality is basically a tamer Bong Hwan. So I still think they are one. But I still need more explanations! 

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, kara_mella said:

they don't care and Choi Jin Hyuk wouldn't have played such a character - maybe in a movie - not in a drama. Dramas are for domestic audience so NOPE, something like this would destroy your status and popularity.  

..And I thought the industry have started becoming more progressive :brokenheart:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Let us see here, the dynamics of the entire palace will change because in the first place SY is not and in no way SB! 

Kitchen Dynamic - SY does not cook. So the created relationship between the royal chef and the cooks in the kitchen, kaput! The relationship cultivated there will just be a mere fragment of the memory (which we would like to assume that the writers would forget). In reality, those fostered relationship makes a person what he/she is. 

Will this mean that SY will never set foot in the kitchen, since she really does not have any inclination to cook? Neither does she have the talent. 

SB has a good relationship with the concubines.  How will it be after? How will the concubines react to the former super friendly queen to this self-conscious queen?

Royal Doctor - We have to remember that the Royal Physician also has some sort of love-hate relationship with SB! He was the one who knew the emotional struggles of SB! He may not understand half of what SB says, he did say it.

The eunuchs and the palace maids. SB formed a sort of relationship with them as well, remember during the fill up the lake fiasco?

All of these became open ended.

How on earth did they resolve the issues, disregarding everything else that was consequential to the build up of SB's social sphere?

• Like 12
  • Sad 1