[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

2 hours ago, enzek said:

I don't understand why is it so hard to make Bong Hwan as the future reincarnation of So Yong?

I believe many local audience won't be angry if the screenwriters dare to make it like that.

So Bong even mentioned about the reincarnation theory with Dam Hyang in the past episode.

Come on screenwriters!:triumph:

Ughh my heart:bawling:

credit to the owner

So this is happy ending huh:expressionless:

credit to the owner

It's always the one at the future that suffers:sleepy:

credit to the owner

Koreans often use 우리 (our) when they mean 내 (my). This reflects the importance of the group in Korean culture. Moreover ancestors, history matters. BH is happy because the King who fought for his people managed to achieve his dream. He didn't take a bullet for the King, but SY's body did - he realizes that people can do something meaningful with their life like changing the course of the history for a better outcome; he is just nostalgic and grateful for experiencing that. Great job, Bong Hwana!! 

I'm grateful too for watching this drama!200.gif

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

Jang Bong Hwan went ALL IN for Cheoljong and got NOTHING in return.

Wow. 

The last thing he did for Cheoljong was to take a bullet for him. As soon as he woke up from coma he went straight to the library to find out about Cheoljong.

This scene was supposed to be funny but I was bawling my eyes out because this is THE ONLY thing that remained for Bong Hwan. The portrait was the only thing validating he was there with Cheoljong at that moment. He won Cheoljong’s trust and love and this is what he got in return? How am I supposed to cope with this? How? 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Sad 5

Idk about the end, I am not very fond of it. I hoped he will be given the chance to stay or go back and choose to stay with the King or something like that. I am sad we didn't see the Prince, and how he never saw his child, I mean he was in his womb and felt his kicking...
Still, I am happy with the journey, I loved the actors and the story and this series were so complex-free about sex. The chemistry between the leads was amazing, and their scenes were gold.

The goods outnumber the bads.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Yeah I'm sorry, but this is the worst way this could have ended. Not just for Bong Hwan and Cheoljeong, but also So Young? Because she never got to have any closure for herself. Yes SB got colsure for her and i guess they're trying to justify it by saying So Young never left the body, but everything SB achieved as revenge was not done by So Young herself. 

If that's the kind of character I'm supposed to root for to be together with CJ, who apparently forgot his own lecture to his former concubine that the connection they had as kids were not why he loved her, but everything they experienced together afterwards. Even if So Young was there as a "silent passenger" ( I almost wrote Dark Passenger, but this isn't that kind of Drama), she's not the one who really was there. She was extremely unhappy in the palace and literally killed herself because of that unhappiness, but now everything is cool so she can take back "possession" of her life? This just feels cheap and unearned. 

I would have been fine with an ending that separated Cheoljong and SB, with Bong Hwan returning to the future and both of them having to deal with being alone. It might have been bitter sweet but at least it wouldn''t have invalidated 19 episodes of plot and romance development in such a terrible way. 

This drama made me so mad it made me dust off this account!

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, briseis said:

So what about Cheoljong now?

I do agree that this drama is extended for nothing. I mean they were fast-paced at first and then become slow-paced in the middle, and the closure is still lacking many explanations. 

I am actually real soyong x cheoljeong shipper, but i wanted happiness and justice for bonghwan too. Cheoljeong's love towards Soyong, Sobong, and even Hwajin are all true, and sincere. But the different is the beginning. For both Hwajin's and Sobong's, Cheoljong's feeling already contaminated by his feeling of gratitudeness. Remember that CJ first fell in love with Sobong after she save Hwajin, in that legendary scene. But if you look at the spin-off, CJ fell in love at first sight with Soyong without knowing anything, she just moves his heart as the way she is. 

Once again, i am not against Sobong-Cheoljeong endgame too, i mean they look cute together tho. But it doesn't change the fact that before CJ fell in love with Soyong first before Sobong. His love towards both of them is real and sincere. Adultery? Love affair? Well, this drama is set in Joseon Era where it is normal for men to have more than one wife. Besides, if you break up with your ex, then fell in love with another person, and after that you get back with your ex again, does it mean that you love toward the "another person" is fake? No, love can change, it's the faithfulness that need to be protected.

Once again, I am happy that Soyong's back but yeah I do need justice too for Bonghwan. Thank you, peace:)))

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I can even take sad tragic disastrous ending as long as there is a proper closure. This kind of ending is an insult to my intelligence. Such a lazy and sloppy writing. I thought by adding 4 more episodes they will give more explanation regarding what's going on, apparently I was dead wrong. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 5

10 minutes ago, zzang phoenix said:

Once again, i am not against Sobong-Cheoljeong endgame too, i mean they look cute together tho. But it doesn't change the fact that before CJ fell in love with Soyong first before Sobong. His love towards both of them is real and sincere. Adultery? Love affair? Well, this drama is set in Joseon Era where it is normal for men to have more than one wife. Besides, if you break up with your ex, then fell in love with another person, and after that you get back with your ex again, does it mean that you love toward the "another person" is fake? No, love can change, it's the faithfulness that need to be protected.

Cheoljong never fell in love with So Yong in the first place. As he mentioned to Hwa Jin, he fell in love with her not because she saved him in the well (he believed the girl in the well was HJ) but only later when they met as adults, meaning HE DID NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH THE GIRL IN THE WELL. 

Also, as you mentioned in Joseon a King couldn't really commit an adultery de jure but even so, technically, the soul he married and made his queen in an official act was Bong Hwan not So Yong so if there were adultery in that regard, it would be So Yong, not Bong Hwan, who would be the mistress.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

The first 19 episodes made me believe Mr. Queen is a BL drama. But yeah, they decide to play it safe with the ending. Although deep down my heart I want a happy ending for So Bong and Cheoljong, I don't criticize the writer for this final drift. Indeed, it's the best ending he could deliver that can wrap the "mess" he created. He was up for the challenge when assigning the story to the Joseon era. Every detail or story plot fits the context perfectly (of course, until the reverse attack of Cheoljong). Don't you think Knet citizens will attempt to sue them again because they can't accept that their Queen Cheorin was indeed transgender (by saying transgender I refer to a male soul trapped in a female body)? I would have felt disappointed if Bong Hwan was stuck in Joseon instead of going back to the future to fight for his justice. If we put the judgment that So Yong takes (or steals) credit for Bong Hwan's actions aside and see it as both So Yong and her reincarnation, Bong Hwan, go all in to support the King, it might be easier for us to accept the ending. Love is love. :blush:

Anyway, I am happy to be with you guys to share all the ups and downs, laughter and tears with this drama over the past two months. And I won't regret watching it along the way, rather than waiting until all the episodes are released as my hubby does. Tonight we celebrate Valentine's Day by watching 20 episodes straight. I wish you joy and happiness my friends. :heart:

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, briseis said:

Cheoljong never fell in love with So Yong in the first place.

Correct me if im wrong, but i think after watching the spin off, 

He did fall in love with the real SY in the spin off ep 1 while standing infront of the snow, ( he even kept SY’s hair decoration that she used to tie his injured arm, he was smiling when he saw her in the queen coronation BUT he blocked his own feeling and become prejudiced after knowing she comes from KIm clan)...

so i guess they wanted to convince the audiences more that it was SY indeed the one that he loves since the beginning.

and another spin-off ending tonight also 

Spoiler

CTTO

It indeed shows that they wish to not block their own feeling and can love each other freely without any prejudice (being  a king whose family are murdered by Kim Clan aka the queen’s family and thus hates everyone who has relationship or related with the Kim.. ).. and that can convince audiences that since the beginning and ending/epilogue SY- CJ is the endgame

• Like 6

Can anyone confirmed to me if this is So Bong or So Yong?

It all started when Cheoljong saw his wife with her male friends and get jealous haha

credit to the owner

As if he caught her wife with her concubine LOL

Don't worry Cheoljong, this is a not reverse harem drama haha:sweat_smile:

Spoiler

credit to the owner

So he asked her...

Spoiler

credit to the owner

and then kiss her because before that he told her let's test her feeling about him(?) or something like that:flushed:

Anyway, I enjoyed Kim Jung Hyun and Shin Hye Sun kiss no matter whoever her character was in this scene

Sorry, a thirsty fan here:tounge_wink:

credit to the owner

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLRkmIDJAoO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

If the translation is correct, CJ asks SY why SY talks to him in honorific recently and she just laughs it off.....She doesn't feels like a fraught?? SB refused CJ's confession because SB didn't feel worthy.....

@enzek

It's SoBong....SoYong won't be playing such physical game with a group of men

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

OK. time slipping back: It's strange to me that Bong Hwan benefits from a change of heart that happened without him. He's now a whistleblower? Writers cheated a bit. I would have preferred him waking up in a 2021 that changed enough that he wasn't charged, and that he now had a clean sheet of paper to start a better life. You know, like the king and queen. (Some palace dude got castrated for nothing...)

What would have rounded out the contemporary story for me is a scene with Bong Hwan interacting with a woman that suggested that this was someone he would grow to love and respect, and (maybe) represented the soul of Cheoljong. Showing, not telling that he has changed is better. Writers ran out of time, I guess.

I was really hoping bullet-proof vests wouldn't appear, though I was afraid they would. Why not ask for a time machine, So Bong? :pensive:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

@enzekI heard Shin Hye Sun saying an English word “cliché” so it should be So Bong. All her mannerism was So Bong’s.

The audacity they have to let Shin Hye Sun play So Bong in this spin-off after that disastrous finale. 

Why is she playing So Bong and not So Yong? Why? Someone explain this to me. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

There should be a scene where SY told the truth to CJ that JB soul is sharing in her body. BH is really from future and helped them to solve their problem.

SY should not take all the credits to herself.

Where she did nothing.

Its up to CJ how to treat her after that.

At least appreciate BH effort and help.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, aisling said:

@enzekI heard Shin Hye Sun saying an English word “cliché” so it should be So Bong. All her mannerism was So Bong’s.

The audacity they have to let Shin Hye Sun play So Bong in this spin-off after that disastrous finale. 

Why is she playing So Bong and not So Yong? Why? Someone explain this to me. 

could be a minor balm for all the stabbing they did :sweat_smile: to the ending (I mean, they didn't even kiss properly lol) - also do you guys think the spinoffs are hinting at a season 2?? with all the wishing from every character during the comet scene
and how come they are inconsistent even in the spinoffs - they show SY and SB! 

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 1