[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

2 hours ago, jannedrumsit said:

I prefer this route rather than So Yong simpy popping back into her body. It would make sense to have real SY as end game IF apparently the soul inside is really her but with BH's memories or influenced by BH's soul.

Waaawww thats interesting theory,, after all its soyoung with bh's memory,, and bh wake up in modern era but remember what happened in jeoson area just before soyoung memory came back into her body

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cenching said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLBCi9Ep6ck/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Second slide is The Moaning of CheolJong The Representative of Joseon's Sex Maniac....

there definitely must be at least 3-4 scenes where KJH is moans because in this he's caressing her with his right hand - in the actual scene it was with his left hand :joy:
I wonder how SHS must have felt listening to his moans and feeling his caressing - he was quite into the caressing also LOL 

I watched ep 18 late last night and read the recaps - it was too depressing despite the humour so I'm just distracting myself with KJH's moans :wow1:

• Like 3
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 5
  • Blob 1

@cenchingomg you're right, why they cut this part :D when SB disguising as eunuch maybe she told them. we have Lady Court Choi and HY reaction. YP and Hong reaction must be more hilarious and their mind would wandering to nowhere. what an unusual method to identify.

I always imagine how their reaction, like when SB and CJ first-real-drunken-destroy-home kiss, tango scene especially when CJ roaring, CJ gets kicked out from SB's chamber, aum CJ in royal kitchen and when going out to royal villa with SB, CJ wants to jump out from 2nd floor when chasing SB, CJ storytelling about their first night to SB :evillaugh:glad we already have jelly CJ reaction.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

What!!! Did i hear it's gonna be a Lover in Paris ending that I dread and hate the most?:rage:

In that case, means they will follow one of the endings from GPG which is: Director shouts Cut and... they are filming a movie. :sweat:

GOSH, I've to book a ticket to Korea to burn down the writer's office now!

I recently watched a lot of cdramas and uffff they always mess up the endings. I was watching General's lady and the ending was

Spoiler

that the whole drama was a story being written by the lead female... so basically everything was her imagining the story. It ruins the mood...Very unoriginal and sloppy style to end imo.

• Like 7

I trust the PD of this series though. Hwarang had a pretty decent ending despite some plotlines conveniently swept under the rug. So yeah, I'm holding on to hope that he will not disappoint the fans of this series. I am still miffed at BI though and no amount of him protecting SB (do not even get me started how annoyed I was with the preview for Episode 19) will redeem him in my eyes since he still has contempt towards the King.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Eureka , just what she found a third balls , the search was deep in the lower part In body if I say so @Min2206 ,@sadthe1st , @partyon :yum:

36 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Eureka , just what she found a third balls , the search was deep in the lower part In body if I say so @Min2206 ,@sadthe1st , @partyon :yum:

LOL,  smart Queen ... hey, I have not come to this searching part yet ... eureka!

:naughty::naughty: 

I am the scene where the Queen missing the King - she sees him at every corner of the palace  :tears:  but I need to rush somewhere now

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

Eureka , just what she found a third balls , the search was deep in the lower part In body if I say so @Min2206 ,@sadthe1st , @partyon 

Archimedes said Eureka! when he was in a bathtub while our queen was rummaging between the legs of her alleged husband inside a coffin....:what!:  Fortunately The King has an amazing set of dragon balls (instead of 7) that distinguish him from the mere mortals....

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

I think the ending has already been filmed?

It's always best to follow the writer and PD lead. To change the ending last minute can be very jarring.

We can still look forward to the special episodes.

Yes the ending indeed has been filmed and in social media there were pictures of them , someone here also uploaded the pic/ link where the king and queen in their official palace clothes were holding cake and the number on top of it is 20 ( perhaps indicating the last ep) 

and yesterday I also mentioned the Twitter pic which indicates the bts pic of never seen before scene , where the king hugs the queen In that same colour of official palace clothes. 

this one, but they change the cake to “a child ” :joy:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK8O4QnhAzK/?igshid=utrrg6yl079j

• Like 7

wah ep 18 what a ride! i cried, laughed, felt frustrated and worried while watching the whole episode. why am i feeling so bong's feelings too. I miss the king's face and dialogues yesterday too. so many theories but i hope that cliffhanger is SB and CJ find each other outside. Im just gonna trust the writers direction in this. The writer gave us a very consistent comedy romance all throughout so im on the positive that this is going to be a fantastic ending. :fullofhearts:

Thanks everyone. i love reading all your thoughts. :fun:

• Like 6

I saw on Twitter a person raising the hypothesis that So Bong would have discovered that it was not CJ because the corpse was that of a eununco. However, if it were really so, wouldn't So Bong have been less shy about commenting with Lady Choi and Yeon?

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Phillip Lundgren said:

As written in the recap, So Bong does say explicitly that she is not So Yong and Byong In acknowledges that.

I keep re-playing this scene where SY was caught escaping the palace to find CJ by BI.   The choices of words she used towards BI - sharper than the arrow she shot on his leg.  

I know everything.
You used me as a bait to corner the King.
And you were the one who pointed the sword at the King.  

10 hours ago, Mila said:

What So bong told BY about her not being SY may be indicative that she doesn't have the same soul as SY. However, I gave up trying to make theories. I will wait for the end of the show to think about it again.

I am still midway through the drama.  Sorry to cut your post @Mila.  I am with you, come what may, I will wait for whatever PD-nim and the writers have concluded for us.

I like to give my respect to this Queen who is one gutsy, courageous pregnant woman / fighter who is fighting alone against this one ambitious BI, ho managed control the Kim-Jo clans, even apprehended the King's men behind bar, and "convinced" the GDQ.      

Thank you @Jillia for sharing the ratings!   

Is anybody else starting to have separation anxiety? I can’t stop thinking about how I’m going to cope after Mr Queen ends :cries:

I’ve been pumped up about Mr Queen long months before it started airing. And since December my everyday life has been filled with excitement, laughter, any happiness thanks to this drama. I’ve been watching k-dramas for over a decade but there were only 2 dramas that made me this crazy to the point I was willing to livestream it without understanding Korean :joy:

Mr Queen was basically my dream drama with the plot that sounded compelling and interesting and with the cast I admired. There was no single episode that disappointed me and it’d always remain the drama that was daring, bold, and audacious to the point that stunned me several times.

But of course this drama wouldn’t be the same without Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun. I will always feel thankful to the person who cast them together. The production team needed two actors who were willing to take risk, who were known for their monster acting to pull off dual roles, but also actors who had great comedic timing as well. There aren’t that many actors who can be both dead serious or dead hilarious like SHS and KJH.

I will pray to the drama gods to see them acting together at least once in my lifetime again:Megathanks:

• Like 11
  • Love 8

19 minutes ago, aisling said:

But of course this drama wouldn’t be the same without Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun. I will always feel thankful to the person who cast them together. The production team needed two actors who were willing to take risk, who were known for their monster acting to pull off dual roles, but also actors who had great comedic timing as well. There aren’t that many actors who can be both dead serious or dead hilarious like SHS and KJH.

I totally agree, @aisling. While I know Shin Hye Sun is really good and would have chemistry with any leading man, I was apprehensive at first when I learned Kim Jung Hyun was cast opposite her for Mr. Queen. I didn't think he could pull off being royalty. Was he even a capable romantic lead? But with each episode, he continues to surprise me. Look at me now, I am more into this drama compared to my sister who was initially looking forward to this back then.:joy:

• Like 13

My concern as we enter the endgame is with the special forces tactics plot. It's getting rushed. Jang Bong Hwan's background as a special forces solider was an intriguing detail early on, and the writers kept it alive by referencing it steadily. 

My expectation for the climax has for a while included the surprise entrance of a force of super-trained rebels backing the king, but the pacing is now wrong. They just got sent So Bong's tactics manual a few days ago in the timeline. I do hope that if they do show up they aren't wearing bullet-proof vests just because So Bong mentioned them; innovation doesn't work like that! :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

Btw, I know it's very late to mention it but do you find YP and BI are very similar looking??? I started to tell them apart after BI puts on his red uniform....Before that I was so confused......:crazily:

Just now, Raffles said:

My concern as we enter the endgame is with the special forces tactics plot.

Wasn't he a cook in The Special Force??? :gangnamstyle:

• Like 8
  • LOL 1