[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

@shimshimae well said chingu! :kiss_wink: it's a synergistic effect of the context, visuals, cinematography, background music, acting.. yes, i would hold that emotional connection to the context/ story having the most weight for what makes a great kiss worth remembering..

10 minutes ago, cenching said:

That guy is too shy. In Mr Queen BTS of making out scenes, he put on an expressionless faces all the time.....:dead:

This ahjumma's (ME) guilty of fetish for taciturn good looking ripped young man currently embodied by KJH *ahem cough cough* (oh oh and sexy vocals..) 

Edited by kwayteow_mama
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, cenching said:

@kwayteow_mama @shimshimae

I don't doubt SYJ's kissing skills on screen though, she is one of the best in the industry. I am sure KJH is a good kisser too, he is a 30 yo grown adult man who I am sure got a collection of exes whom not only stared at from 2 meters away BUT I do doubt his ability to performs it on screen though.....:hwaiting2:That guy is too shy. In Mr Queen BTS of making out scenes, he put on an expressionless faces all the time.....:dead:

this shy guy gave us a fake-moaning scene that easily beats many "provocative" bed scenes, isn't that something :joy::joy:

on that note, my rating for ep 9 kiss scene: beyond all known expectations which can't be captured by a number (being totally biased here):joy::joy:

5 minutes ago, kwayteow_mama said:

@shimshimae well said chingu! :kiss_wink: it's a synergistic effect of the context, visuals, cinematography, background music, acting.. yes, i would hold that emotional connection to the context/ story having the most weight for what makes a great kiss worth remembering..

yes! all of them create that memorable experience - great kiss scenes are an art form in themselves :partyblob:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

On 2/9/2021 at 8:25 AM, kwayteow_mama said:

Here you go. To my horror, I just realized that I have formed a weird obsession for our royal couple that I have this indignation to see him kissing someone other than the queen 

They were filming this in the preCovid and the setting is in modern time?:huh:

Maybe because I had watch Seo Ye Ji kiss scene with Kim Soo Hyun so I feel a bit disappointed with just that LOL 

Spoiler

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

Is that the only Seo Ye Ji kiss scene with Kim Jung Hyun or there is other in there?

If it just that, Kim Jung Hyun best onscreen kiss partner so far is still Shin Hye Sun:tounge_wink:

And the fact the royal couple kiss like that in the historical setting, a queen indeed LOL 

Cheoljongie:tears:

credit to the owner

On 2/9/2021 at 3:18 AM, aisling said:

@enzek I don’t think a lack of kiss is due to COVID situation. I mean they don’t wear face masks when they’re filming and they always touch each other and lean close to each other. They’re already breathing on each other’s face, so they might as well exchange salivas. 

So it's really the agenda of both Mr Queen screenwriters (Park Kye Ok & Choi Ah Il) then:bawling:

Screenwriter A:

"Hey, there are 3 bed scenes in the Chinese version. How many bed scene should we write in here then?"

Screenwriter B:

"Tsk tsk, that's too much. Just write one and make sure it just has almost kiss. But insert the pregnant scene too just like the Chinese version."

Screenwriter A:

"Will the viewers okay with that?"

Screenwriter B:

"After the bed scene, set a thirst trap in other episodes with almost kiss scenes more than just once, a sexy tango and fake make out scene with the main male lead moaning and also other sexual innuendos scenes. I'm sure they will take the baits."

Screenwriter A:

"But how to make the viewers still hook with no another real kiss scene even until episode 18?"

Screenwriter B:

"Make them anxious with the main male lead fell off the cliff and then write a cameo scene for him to show he's still alive. After that, write a scene with the second male lead choking the main female lead aggressively at the literal cliff for the cliffhanger. Remember to cram all of these just in one episode so the viewers will feel shocked, confused and finally be like "Oh my, I don't know what to feel anymore!" so they don't have time to be angry with still no another real kiss scene even until episode 18."

Screenwriter A:

"Me likey. You are awesome."

Screenwriter B:

"Nah, we both are masters in trolling the viewers."

Screenwriters A & B:

200.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 17
  • Awesome 1

26 minutes ago, Raffles said:

He promised Sunwon that he will ensure she doesn't have to fight for her power again. That promise is open to several interpretations, but all she can see is the throne and its power dangled before her. :naughty:

Maybe I am a fool for thinking like this, I am hoping still for some sort of redemption for BI. I was wondering what his motivation was when he made both Jo and Kim clans sign that treasonous document, wherein it is possible to implicate both Jo and Kim clans in an attempt to dethrone the king or at least remove him from power. (My mind won't let me rest until, this piece of document is explained).

What was his motivation? He made all of them sign, including himself, as it is he was the current highest Kim in power, does that make him a representative of the clan(?) Is he for some reason, I am thinking, trying to implicate both clans in an attempt to dethrone the King and would therefore allow the said King and grant him power to remove the current left and right council, the moment he returns to power?

Ponder on what he said to CJ when they faced off in the library. BI was only saying one thing loud and clear for CJ and that made him pause, the queen and the baby is in danger. 

My wishful thinking is that since SB already rejected BI and is now refusing to accept his protection. BI will give CJ the power to protect the queen, remember what BI told CJ in the pavilion, power is everything and he believes that CJ does not have the power to keep SB safe. It is possible that because he believed that CJ doesn't have the power to protect the queen, he (BI) will give him (CJ) the power to protect SB, one that she will not reject after all SB has been very clear that the only protection that she is willing to accept is from the King.

It is possible that BI will  remove the power from both clans, keep them under wraps and unable to lift a hand against the King in the future so the King can protect the queen and the baby.

I remember BI face when the ministers were talking about SB outside the  gisaeng house. His face was showing pure contempt! It is possible that he will do everything that is possible so both clans will not be able to touch a hair on SB head and of course, the baby as well.:issohappy:

My 2 cents pondering.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 3

He's a remarkably one-note character; I do believe he puts the queen above clan and country. That document is to protect her, not a clan alliance.

Rewatching now and noting the many scenes that ended before conversations were fully resolved (e.g., with Jo Hwa Jin). There is a counter-plot underway. There may be several. Yeongpyeong and Hong got snapped up way too easily. At this point, Kim Hwan may be the only one wandering around taking things at face value.

The wild cards are the two players we have seen little of lately and encouraged to forget: Kim Byung Hak and Scarface.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

my rating for ep 9 kiss scene: beyond all known expectations which can't be captured by a number (being totally biased here):joy:

Well, in my Little Black Book of Oppa's Kisses,  Kim JaeWook and Park MinYoung in My Private Life hold the Daesang so far follow by Seo YeJi and Kim SooHyun in Okay and our Royal Couple.....:approves: For our Royal Couple, I am more impressed with KJH's loving gazes, smitten looks and whipped attitude.

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 3

15 minutes ago, gglex6275 said:

Maybe I am a fool for thinking like this, I am hoping still for some sort of redemption for BI. I was wondering what his motivation was when he made both Jo and Kim clans sign that treasonous document, wherein it is possible to implicate both Jo and Kim clans in an attempt to dethrone the king or at least remove him from power. (My mind won't let me rest until, this piece of document is explained).

What was his motivation? He made all of them sign, including himself, as it is he was the current highest Kim in power, does that make him a representative of the clan(?) Is he for some reason, I am thinking, trying to implicate both clans in an attempt to dethrone the King and would therefore allow the said King and grant him power to remove the current left and right council, the moment he returns to power?

Ponder on what he said to CJ when they faced off in the library. BI was only saying one thing loud and clear for CJ and that made him pause, the queen and the baby is in danger. 

My wishful thinking is that since SB already rejected BI and is now refusing to accept his protection. BI will give CJ the power to protect the queen, remember what BI told CJ in the pavilion, power is everything and he believes that CJ does not have the power to keep SB safe. It is possible that because he believed that CJ doesn't have the power to protect the queen, he (BI) will give him (CJ) the power to protect SB, one that she will not reject after all SB has been very clear that the only protection that she is willing to accept is from the King.

It is possible that BI will  remove the power from both clans, keep them under wraps and unable to lift a hand against the King in the future so the King can protect the queen and the baby.

I remember BI face when the ministers were talking about SB outside the  gisaeng house. His face was showing pure contempt! It is possible that he will do everything that is possible so both clans will not be able to touch a hair on SB head and of course, the baby as well.:issohappy:

My 2 cents pondering.

if this is the case, BI will go down history for sure for the extent of his love/obsession for SY - we don't have back story for why he loves her so much - could be because SY was the only positive light/hope in his life since his childhood - if the story goes like you mentioned then BI would take the kamikaze mode - it's quite possible - given that till now they made us doubt and hate BI - they'd want to troll us again with a sudden and epic redemption :joy:

8 minutes ago, cenching said:

Well, in my Little Black Book of Oppa's Kisses,  Kim JaeWook and Park MinYoung in My Private Life hold the Daesang so far follow by Seo YeJi and Kim SooHyun in Okay and our Royal Couple.....:approves:

I went crazy for those two kiss scenes as well - I'm all :partyblob::partyblob::partyblob: about them - I destroyed the replay button in all three cases :joy::joy: but I'd still place our royal couple's kiss first because I wasn't expecting it (hence breaks known expectations :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, SC2019 said:

I get you! You know how horrified CL Choi was when the Queen went horse riding and now she is giving her a standing ovation for jumping from the wall???? Ok, the two parts were obviously written by two different script writers.:dead:

Yeah!

Girl are you trying to get into Namsadang Troupe?

spacer.png

Edited by kwayteow_mama
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5

4 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

if this is the case, BI will go down history for sure for the extent of his love/obsession for SY - we don't have back story for why he loves her so much - could be because SY was the only positive light/hope in his life since his childhood - if the story goes like you mentioned then BI would take the kamikaze mode - it's quite possible - given that till now they made us doubt and hate BI - they'd want to troll us again with a sudden and epic redemption :joy:

You have to remember that BI was never a Kim in the first place, so it is possible that during his own integration to the Kim clan, it was SY all the way.  And if you go back to what he did for SY in the well, he was also risking his life trying to get CJ out of the well because SY asked him to. 

I would like to believe that somehow, SY is way over and above everyone in the Kim Clan for BI. Precisely why he said to his Father, if there is anyone who tries to kill SY, he (BI) will slit their throat.

BI's promise to the GQD is prophetic in a sense, she will never have to fight for the throne again, he could just be planning remove her from accessing it altogether by killing her or exiling her away from the palace.

The entire drama has been about subterfuges and counterplots. The Kim Clans and Jo Clans were plotting against the King and Queen. BI joined both clans so he gets into the know of the plans, he may not care about the fate of the King but he does care greatly about SB. 

Remember there is a very thin line between love and hate and another thing, Love doesn't exactly disappear in a snap, even if he gets angry with the person he loves.

3 minutes ago, kwayteow_mama said:

Yeah to me she's more like trying to get into Namsadang Troupe than a first trimester pregnant lady.

We also have to take into account that although SB is in SY's body, JBH was in special services, he has had special training mentally. His mind is trained to withstand the challenges of subterfuges, plots and is therefore, equipped to think of counterplots. SB also sees certain situations and is able to make a logical conclusion give the correct information.

SB has JBH's soul, so it can be also normal that SB doesn't have  SY's fears. SY is delicate, JBH isn't.  The jumping and scaling walls is just normal for SB since he has had training, mentally in his mind, he knows he is able to do it, hence no fear or no worries.

SB maybe developing care and love towards the baby but you have to remember its all in the mindset.  SB maybe girly in other ways, but he is also manly in certain ways especially mentally. Although SB keeps getting warnings from BI, never faltered, because JBH's mind is mentally trained to deal with chaotic situations, or even dangerous possibilities. It is what they train in the army the mind and the body.

:sipsboba:

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

@gglex6275 hey like your take there. No doubt sobong's just behaving like herself.  I'm just saying that, in reality, a miscarriage is almost guaranteed with the stunts that she have pulled. However this being a drama, creative liberties are a given for entertainment sake..

On BI, granted this dude has serious boundary issues and will annoy a lot of more sensible, level headed and rational people out there..

I have a soft spot for him and is hoping for a cathartic fitting end for him to be redeemed because there is a kind of poetic beauty in the notion of loving someone unconditionally and only exist in the realm of imagination.

@enzek let me know if you ever write a kdrama parody! :lol:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

I get you! You know how horrified CL Choi was when the Queen went horse riding and now she is giving her a standing ovation for jumping from the wall???? Ok, the two parts were obviously written by two different script writers.:dead:

Lols exactly my thought.

I cant help admiring how strong her womb is. I bet SB and CJ can follow the same path of King Sejong and Queen Soheon who had 10 children together. Lol.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Well I heard some pregnant women go mountain climbing and work out every day, so if the pregnant woman is strong, then it might be possible. 

For me, the build up to the kiss and how invested I’m in the couple is more important than the ”technical aspect” of kiss. I mean kdrama kisses became much better compared to early 2010 when they just pressed lips and it was awkward. 

So for me No Touch Couple kiss is #1 because I was taken by surprise and because I was very invested in their story. The build up, the suspense of their “you’re my enemy but I can’t help being attracted to you”, the acting was overwhelming and I was stunned.

So even though there might be technical hotter kisses from other couples, I need to be emotionally invested to be enjoying them. I think before Mr Queen it was Another Miss Oh. The drama wasn’t that exceptional but the slow burn romance and their sexual tension before their angry lip biting kiss was really great.

Overall 3 big dramas in 2020 with big stars - CLOY, It’s okay not to be okay, Start-Ip - the main lead’s romance did nothing for me. I might be the weird one :joy: 

I liked CLOY’s secondary couple better, while some of the main lead’s scenes we so cringeworthy I had to laugh. 

IONTBO romance didn’t capture me either, I was more invested in the relationship between the brothers.

Start-Up is one of those drama where you put two gorgeous people together but the chemistry was nothing amazing.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Just now, kwayteow_mama said:

OMG  THANKS.. HE'S SO :heart2beat:

I should be working now :tounge_wink:

he's listening to some music

i just faint when he sing along!!!

I love his scruffy look. And is he wearing anything else under his hoodie? Lol.. gutter minded ahjumma here. And yes! He sang along to the songs playing in the background. I wish I had learnt korean so I can understand what he’s saying.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Wiggle 1

6 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

I think KJH is live on IG now! Although I have no idea what is going on. :sweet:

Same, I joined his Live IG too

And still wondering why I'm giggling while watching his IG

is it because I'm imagining he'S talking to meeee and we're listening music together from phone???

Or because I got no idea what he's talking about :sweat_smile:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1