[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

3 hours ago, kara_mella said:

so do I, even I'm not a translator; I can watch dramas without subtitles most of the times, but I don't get 100% of the Korean source, I'm around 70% more or less. 

And I don't speak and write English that much. Hope you understand my point of view, thank you!

I want you to know that we appreciate your help ..whether is translated or interpreted as you see fit .... i know translation is a hard work and switching back and forward   between languages even more.... thanks :fullofhearts:

On the other hand, i will take this moment to bid you all my heartfelt good bye .... i'm very busy  at the moment ... but i have  always like to write a parting message ... ...  it was quite nice sharing this viewing experience  with all of you here... it force me to come out of hibernation  .... if i'm not mistaken the last drama i comment on was probably moon lovers ... that says something .... i can't say that i love this drama ; ....but it was certainly though provoking ( i will leave it at that.... the actors were top notch, the best part of the drama.... the plot is still very engaging ....the cinematography splendid ... did you guys saw all of  those beautiful  open mountain scenic views ... chef kiss... beautiful to look at... my problem was with  the direction of events that i knew were coming ... and the script .... i  just ... what can i say ... i  didn't like how certain characters were written on the second half of the show ... i hope that is  a valid excuse  ... and that is just the thing ... it is  not a matter of the souls ..or SY and  JBH ... or the romance ... or the comedy ...  or whom is going to end up with whom... or if whether he is going to return to the present ....when one no longer cares for the protagonist or the story... you know your way out ...  aside from the fact that i'm truly really busy but  we know how much  we  all love to procrastinate  on the weekends... :Woah:..... the script  ruined CJ for me ... KJH saves him for me ... God knows he is a beautiful man to look at .... nonetheless, as a character ... i have never not like the main protagonist of a show... this is the first time... there is always a first i guess...  there have  always been shades of gray with others ... but  i have always manage to find  that the likable parts... add more than the negatives... and that is how many  characters have been redeemed  for me ... that is understandably human... and maybe he is .. but i just can't pity him and excuse the way he was written ...  there are  main characters that are written to be  dislike , but i highly doubt  that it was the intention of the writer here... i'm sure it is  just me ...that finds him distasteful as an appealing man...it might be a case of its not you, its me ....

i'm so glad that i can give my honest opinion here ... because where  else am i going to complain to about Mr. queen... if not my online fellow buddies...   that's why i dislike the copy and paste of characterization ... and GPG main lead as a character is on my black list... i won't put CJ on it , as i just merely dislike him to the point that  i can't root for him anymore .....i need to remind myself that he is a fictional character ... sorry in my mind CJ equal to jerk ... i can't help it ... to all female characters ...  to a certain extend SB  has also been ruined for me .... SHS did wonderful which is why i  manage to stay for so long ... i just couldn't care any less about her and her dilemma... and lets not talk about BI  who's barely use to move a very slow pace uneventful plot...  but hey that is just me ... so thank you for joining me on my ted talk ...

now i leave you with some of my prediction for the last 2 episodes:

1 SB realizes that she is in love with CJ accepts herself ( maybe this is a given ) and they have their forever happy 

2 JBH returns to the present ... revisits the past and meets CJ ...on male form or female form ....whether one of them is or both are males ...  

3JBH returns to the present and tries to go back to the past

4 JBH returns to the present and notices that the present has not been change .... or maybe he  has changed  it to the point that he wakes up from his come as a woman ...with the same face as queen KSY ... meaning that he is a woman now for meddling  with the past 

5 CJ believes SB ... and keeps history as is .... fakes his death one more time...the rule is changed to the next monarch ... whom might be little tiger ... he return to assist his son as regent but not king... and lives happily with SB whom is  now a QD 

6 something happens ... ultimately like SB said, the way of the world does not change ... the tools might be improve ...but everything stays the same...maybe they are betray ... and die or die of all age or whatever... the point is that  both their soul return to their original cycle ... which means that CJ was an incompetent king ...who's dying on his  bed and is dreaming of what could have been  ; and KSY is JBH who's waking up from his coma... one soul resides in the past cycle .. while the other one is in the future ... parallel words ... cycles of reincarnation ... you name it ... one wakes up... the other one dies...however... they have meet briefly ... their worlds  collided... and as CJ once said... even if its a dream i want to walk with you from the beginning ... i guess that is what happen  

6 nothing is shown about the future and SB continues to exist in this world ... still questioning her- his attraction to CJ

7 this is just a parallel world ... a version of many possibilities in the universe ... one in which CJ became competent , marry KSY whom was suppose to be death from the beginning  , and continue their story ..

8 JBH is not KSY soul ... but somehow they are stuck in their now present realities ... KSY wakes up to live in JBH shoes... or JBH and KSY are the same soul but different perception ... whom he was in the past ...KSY is now the present consciousness of JBH ... and vice versa JBH is now the conscious  presence of KSY and he needs to live with it ... KSY gets to meet her mother 

9 they are different souls ... and exchange lives ... 

well these are  the possibilities for me ... you are welcome to write your until next week when  i guess we all know .... until next time friends... take care ...

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

On 1/31/2021 at 5:20 PM, GONE said:

I'm not worry about the Prince since he has slowly warm up to the Queen. He dislikes the Queen but he listens to Cheoljong and doesn't plan to harm to the Queen on his own. He is not blind by love.

BI is scarier than his adoptive father.  With the pregnancy news, he will go crazy. He's the real antagonist. Unlike HJ, who realizes how she cannot has the King's heart, is willing to lets go & find her truth self while BI got madder. BI is smart and crazy. He knows about the bad deeds of the Kim clan yet direct them to hide and wipe all of the proofs. There is no return for him. 

I WAS WRONG! FK PRINCE YP. JHJ clearly said it's her idea yet he got mad at CJ and SY. He & BI cannot take rejection well. I'm glad HJ redeem herself unlike these two. The 2nd lead males are very unlikable. BI loves SY and know that his father and Great Dowager want her dead/depose but do nothing. He should be as mad at them like he to CJ. 

• Like 4

@aisling... no its not just you... he looks fantastic ... he is such a gorgeous man... somehow plain clothes amplify his attractiveness to the max... i agree ... i like him more without his royal robe... ( totally out of the conversation  and unrelated ... but i guess... so far  the only man that has manage to seduce me in red is xiao zhan ... he looks great in it ) our king here looks great in hanbok ... the orange, the blue , the light blue ...  his other peasant outfit ... his white pajama...i can't choose ...   :surprisedwut:which one i prefer more ..but they do enhance his features... and KJH has been working out ....he looks buffer  than ever .. .. maybe my favorite outfit , is no outfit at all :tounge_xd:... i'm still swooning over his back muscles... and you better know i was checking out his great   behind as well in all of those fighting scenes ... specially when he was fighting against scar face in SB house ... when he did a fip... i was like my frame has been bless... lets rewind ... he makes CJ more palatable to be because if anything... if you have read  my previous ranting you will know by now  how much unappealing  and dissatisfy i am with CJ characterization.. not his fault though ... he is a incredible actor and i adore him :partyblob:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

10 hours ago, may6 said:

I want you to know that we appreciate your help ..whether is translated or interpreted as you see fit .... i know translation is a hard work and switching back and forward   between languages even more.... thanks

On the other hand, i will take this moment to bid you all my heartfelt good bye .... i'm very busy  at the moment ... but i have  always like to write a parting message ... ...  it was quite nice sharing this viewing experience  with all of you here... it force me to come out of hibernation  .... if i'm not mistaken the last drama i comment on was probably moon lovers ... that says something .... i can't say that i love this drama ; ....but it was certainly though provoking ( i will leave it at that.... the actors were top notch, the best part of the drama.... the plot is still very engaging ....the cinematography splendid ... did you guys saw all of  those beautiful  open mountain scenic views ... chef kiss... beautiful to look at... my problem was with  the direction of events that i knew were coming ... and the script .... i  just ... what can i say ... i  didn't like how certain characters were written on the second half of the show ... i hope that is  a valid excuse  ... and that is just the thing ... it is  not a matter of the souls ..or SY and  JBH ... or the romance ... or the comedy ...  or whom is going to end up with whom... or if whether he is going to return to the present ....when one no longer cares for the protagonist or the story... you know your way out ...  aside from the fact that i'm truly really busy but  we know how much  we  all love to procrastinate  on the weekends... ..... the script  ruined CJ for me ... KJH saves him for me ... God knows he is a beautiful man to look at .... nonetheless, as a character ... i have never not like the main protagonist of a show... this is the first time... there is always a first i guess...  there have  always been shades of gray with others ... but  i have always manage to find  that the likable parts... add more than the negatives... and that is how many  characters have been redeemed  for me ... that is understandably human... and maybe he is .. but i just can't pity him and excuse the way he was written ...  there are  main characters that are written to be  dislike , but i highly doubt  that it was the intention of the writer here... i'm sure it is  just me ...that finds him distasteful as an appealing man...it might be a case of its not you, its me ....

i'm so glad that i can give my honest opinion here ... because where  else am i going to complain to about Mr. queen... if not my online fellow buddies...   that's why i dislike the copy and paste of characterization ... and GPG main lead as a character is on my black list... i won't put CJ on it , as i just merely dislike him to the point that  i can't root for him anymore .....i need to remind myself that he is a fictional character ... sorry in my mind CJ equal to jerk ... i can't help it ... to all female characters ...  to a certain extend SB  has also been ruined for me .... SHS did wonderful which is why i  manage to stay for so long ... i just couldn't care any less about her and her dilemma... and lets not talk about BI  who's barely use to move a very slow pace uneventful plot...  but hey that is just me ... so thank you for joining me on my ted talk ...

now i leave you with some of my prediction for the last 2 episodes:

1 SB realizes that she is in love with CJ accepts herself ( maybe this is a given ) and they have their forever happy 

2 JBH returns to the present ... revisits the past and meets CJ ...on male form or female form ....whether one of them is or both are males ...  

3JBH returns to the present and tries to go back to the past

4 JBH returns to the present and notices that the present has not been change .... or maybe he  has changed  it to the point that he wakes up from his come as a woman ...with the same face as queen KSY ... meaning that he is a woman now for meddling  with the past 

5 CJ believes SB ... and keeps history as is .... fakes his death one more time...the rule is changed to the next monarch ... whom might be little tiger ... he return to assist his son as regent but not king... and lives happily with SB whom is  now a QD 

6 something happens ... ultimately like SB said, the way of the world does not change ... the tools might be improve ...but everything stays the same...maybe they are betray ... and die or die of all age or whatever... the point is that  both their soul return to their original cycle ... which means that CJ was an incompetent king ...who's dying on his  bed and is dreaming of what could have been  ; and KSY is JBH who's waking up from his coma... one soul resides in the past cycle .. while the other one is in the future ... parallel words ... cycles of reincarnation ... you name it ... one wakes up... the other one dies...however... they have meet briefly ... their worlds  collided... and as CJ once said... even if its a dream i want to walk with you from the beginning ... i guess that is what happen  

6 nothing is shown about the future and SB continues to exist in this world ... still questioning her- his attraction to CJ

7 this is just a parallel world ... a version of many possibilities in the universe ... one in which CJ became competent , marry KSY whom was suppose to be death from the beginning  , and continue their story ..

8 JBH is not KSY soul ... but somehow they are stuck in their now present realities ... KSY wakes up to live in JBH shoes... or JBH and KSY are the same soul but different perception ... whom he was in the past ...KSY is now the present consciousness of JBH ... and vice versa JBH is now the conscious  presence of KSY and he needs to live with it ... KSY gets to meet her mother 

9 they are different souls ... and exchange lives ... 

well these are  the possibilities for me ... you are welcome to write your until next week when  i guess we all know .... until next time friends... take care ...

oh, dear! your comment is bitter sweet - I don't know why, perhaps because we are approaching the end -- yeah, you are allowed to express ur point of view - and you are somehow right about the characters, I'm more into the narrative. However, I have enjoyed this drama. 2 weeks ago a friend of mine died unexpectedly due to an accident - it was emotionally overwhelming - so when I felt distress I would watch it - I must confess that I have watched it from the very beginning for 7 times now ( and I really love SHS and KHJ  together and individually) - my Korean is getting better ahahaha; but it has helped a lot - so everyone has his/her reasons. I rarely comment here - my last drama was "Flower of evil" - but to comment on that one, I wrote so many messages to Soompi adm because my pass didn't work to log in[ I came back after 5 yrs or so]. 

Once again ur post is sweet, and I appreciate ur sincerity. Hopefully will meet again; hugs, stay safe and healthy! 

Miss You Love GIF

• Like 5

EXO’s Xiumin Talks About His “Mr. Queen” OST + His Goals Following Military Discharge

EXO’s Xiumin Talks About His “Mr. Queen” OST + His Goals Following Military Discharge

Feb 7, 2021
by E. Cha

EXO’s Xiumin has shared his thoughts on his recent contribution to the OST of tvN’s hit drama “Mr. Queen”!

On January 31, the historical fantasy-comedy drama starring Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun released the latest addition to its soundtrack: Xiumin’s new song “To My One and Only You.” The sentimental ballad, which captures the sincere emotions of a man who has fallen in love with someone, marked Xiumin’s first music release since his return from the military in December.

Describing his initial reaction to hearing the song for the first time, Xiumin recalled, “When I received the offer [to take part] in the OST, I expected it to be an exciting, upbeat song. But when I heard the demo for the first time, it turned out to be a beautiful ballad, and I remember being surprised by that.”

“The song was so good that I happily made up my mind to take on the challenge [of singing it],” he continued. “I’m grateful that I was gifted the great opportunity to sing for an OST.”

“To My One and Only You” also highlights Xiumin’s unique vocal tone, which heightened the emotions of the ballad and its touching lyrics. “I think that it’s a song where the lyrics, melody, and the message it wants to send come together perfectly,” he remarked. “I think the charm of ‘To My One and Only You’ is that it does a great job conveying the words [the narrator] wants to say to someone through the song.”

The idol went on to share, “While I was recording the song, I worked hard to focus on my breathing while singing. Also, since it was for an OST, I paid a lot of attention to the vibe and emotions, because I thought the song needed to go well with the story of the drama.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1453001wpp/exos-xiumin-talks-about-his-mr-queen-ost-his-goals-following-military-discharge

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

There you go, folks. :winkx:

So Bong touched the body from HEAD TO TOE to make sure it wasn’t Cheoljong.

When she said “Eureka” she must’ve touched something she was sure couldn’t be her husband’s.

Bet her husband’s must be more impressive :ph34r:

bAPbeq2.jpg

Vxni1IE.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 18

Hello~ This is my first post since I have been reading almost all post and I’m really have a good time here. I discovered Mr. Queen when I was bored and I gave it a chance and now it become of my favourites kdramas ever! 
My favourite thing about it is obviously how they make me laugh with their funny moments and of course the CHEMISTRY of our lead couple :cutekitty:

This is my first being so obsessed with a drama I’m sad that there are only 2 episodes to watch. How can I enjoy weekends without our amazing couple? 

I really loved ep17 bc of our couple’s moments *so sweet* I didn’t play attention to the political part so I might watch it again. As always writers give us a shooking end.

About ep18...it was the most stressful and sad for me, especially when BI found Sobong *I was really hoping for it to be CheolJong* but of course I laughed with Sobong’s fake crying with the old ladies and cried with her when she found out about king’s dead.

Then about the ending...I’m so conflicted bc I know it will be a happy ending but maybe not the ending I want. Now that BI knows that Sobong is a fake Soyong, the drama will end with BH going back to present and Soyong’s soul back to her body.

If they choose this ending then I try to conform me thinking that BH decided to go back bc he has precious people and life that miss him. And I also hope that Soyong’s soul experienced the sweets memories with CheolJong so there won’t a feeling of emptiness when she came back. Soyong definitely deserves her happy ending bc she is so precious and lovely. It just sad knowing that BH have to left the palace and the good friends he made and even the baby he didn’t even see but he really appreciate as well as the king.:crymeme:

Sorry for my broke English and sorry for mess up with the pronouns. 

• Like 5

This might be an unpopular theory/opinion, but I think when Bong Hwan went back to his body in Episode 6, he left his memories in Soyong’s body. Soyong has been there all along, aware of Bonghwan’s experiences, chose to act how BH would act, and confused herself with someone else. It’s only a matter of time before she realizes her true consciousness. It’s implied in the past episodes that she had a hard time bc she thought the dreams and the life she’s been living are not hers which led to her suicide. One of the themes of this show is self-discovery. Besides, we are still not shown of him walking up in the hospital or whose soul is in his body while in vegetative state.

I’m holding on to this theory because even though this is a fantasy, I still believe everything should be placed back to it’s original place, and that would mean Bong Hwan going back to his body. I don’t want Bong Hwan to stay in Joseon for Sobong and Cheoljong’s relationship to continue, because that would mean he had to be in coma for too long and might also lose his life. It would be unfair for him and his family. Even if so he and Soyong are of the same soul, assuming there’s only one timeline, the life he has now is in the 21st century. Fans don’t like that idea because we all want a happy ending for Sobong and Cheoljong, and Soyong will be “harvesting what Bonghwan planted” so they stick to the reincarnation theory.

• Like 10
  • Insightful 5

9 hours ago, aisling said:

There you go, folks.

So Bong touched the body from HEAD TO TOE to make sure it wasn’t Cheoljong.

When she said “Eureka” she must’ve touched something she was sure couldn’t be her husband’s.

Bet her husband’s must be more impressive :ph34r:

I can only say that The Team Writers of Mr Queen is as horny as The Royal Family and as gutter mind as us here.....:approves: Even in this kind of situation they feel the need for such innuendo....:twerk2:I just can’t....:highonflowers:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Blob 1

Fate plays an extraordinary hand in their lives. If we look back, let us see what has happened from the time So Young jumped to kill herself. We have 2 souls who extraordinarily met in the parallel plane, (ghost plane - my theory), one does not want to live (this be SY) while Bong Hwan clearly said to himself, 'I want to live.' , since its the soul wants, Fate may have decided to give them what they want but it didn't mean that it will be exactly how they want, hence soul switch.  SY story, I believe ended when she decided to end it, Fate gave her what she wants, at the same time, giving BH a chance to redeem himself become a better person, live a better life.

Some people wants a closure in SY's life, not to be cruel or something (don't bash me please), she did close her life, she killed herself. If ever SY did end up in BH body who is in a coma and could die, it would still be in line with what she wants, right? She would still die or she did die at the time that BH lived in the Joseon era.

People wants a resolution in BH's life in the future. In reality, a lot of people die without resolving their issues in life and have multiple issues hanging in the precipice as they died as well. The writers could be banking on that idea, or is it just me? LOL!

I believe that their story (SY and BH) revolves exactly just between the two souls who 'decided' on what to do with their lives, one discarded it while the other decided to 'live it'. Bear in mind, the horrendous experiences BH is experiencing living life as SY, but it was his choice, 'I have decided to live in this time'., vague but I took it as it is his choice, he will live as the woman he had become.

The rest of the characters in it are mere stage players who are included SY and are consequential to BH's choice to live.

My 2 cents. (No Flames please)

I wish it was Friday, so tomorrow is Mr. Queen weekend.

:sipsboba:

• Like 10
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

@gglex6275

I agree with you regarding KSY. She chose death because she had no way out. The show gave us a glimpse of how her life will be if she’s alive from HJ’s and CJ’s situation. 

Her situation is similar with HJ but HJ has less pressure because her clan is not the dominating clan and she’s not a queen so it’s easier for HJ to gets out of the conflicts. CJ chose to goes to the battle knowing full well he will be dead in order to saves his wife and unborn child. 

If KSY comes back, can she maneuver a life as a queen especially CJ for sure will falls out of love again since CJ loves SB? Like what BI said, she will faces attack after attack. Even The Mighty SB having difficulty.

JBH went back to his body and his body was unresponsive despite his minds is fully working. The possibility is his body is beyond repair. 

It will be interesting to see how they will wrap up this drama.

• Like 7

What So bong told BY about her not being SY may be indicative that she doesn't have the same soul as SY. However, I gave up trying to make theories. I will wait for the end of the show to think about it again.

As for today's episode, I really didn't like what the writers did with the BY ambush to kill the king. With Prince YP and Hong being arrested so easily. With So Bong leaving the palace to go after CJ.

So bong does not know the forest and has several soldiers looking for the king. How the hell did she think she would be able to find CJ before these people? It was less dangerous and more efficient for her to try to free Hong and Prince YP.

In short, I didn't really think that this form of development was well thought out. I hope I'm wrong and that, next week, the writers will give us a better development and a satisfying ending.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, kara_mella said:

I don't want to be rude, but 'aum' is not the correct pronunciation for tiger's roar in Korean - it may sound similar - but the word  is 어흥  - rom: eo heung / pron: eo euN - these vowels' pron is a bit tricky for en speakers. there is no 'm', but a /ŋ/ sound which is pronounced as the one in /thiNG/ goiNG/iNcredible/. Hope it helps!

Thank's for the correction. My choice of words comes from someone who doesn't speak korean at all. As long as readers here understand what I meant by that "aum" thing. Wink wink :winkx:

• Like 3
  • Love 2