[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

Hi guys, did you see this picture already? I am so excited omg. I think it means they'll execute the romance between the king and the current queen (like in the original webseries).

Spoiler

The storyline in Go Princess Go.

The king went to a war zone and the queen chased him because she believed he forgot his medicine. And the ninth-prince committed treason and he is punished. This happens in the near end episodes.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I agree makes 0 sense people want So Yong with the king when the King will love the current one. 

Of course I feel sorry for So Yong but if the drama goes the typical route of them both returning to each others body's and the king and queen live happily ever after to me that is not a good ending at all. The King didnt fall for that queen. 

Yes, it will be weird and how could the king don't realize if it is the past queen?

Some people don't like the king and current queen possibility of love line because to them it kinda forcing straight man like chef to be gay and all but I really don't see the gay thing at all because physically, the king is a man and the queen is 100% a woman. It just now the queen's body is possessed by the soul that inhabited different gender before.

If the theory that Bong Hwan is the reincarnation of the past queen is correct, I think rather than the BL, the message that I get is more about loving someone despite how people perceived your beloved is.

I mean in the modern time, it is not weird for a woman to behave like the current queen but in the historical time, society view that as unsophisticated and unladylike manner especially for a queen.

It is like a man love a woman but people complained:

"Look, she did this and that! That is not normal and unladylike!

She seem to get possessed by so and so. How could you love her?"

But despite that, the man still fall in love with his queen.

credit to the owner

King is fallin:fullofhearts:

Thanks for the gif @Kaizen68

Spoiler

No touch celebration haha

credit to the owner

I really enjoyed some of the king witty remark beneath his dumb appearance that he show to people.

Like when court official discuss about Hwa Jin possible involvement the night So Yong fell in the lake because someone saw her, he's going "oh ho ho She was with me that night because I'm a healthy young man" haha

And when his threaten to punish the second male lead with long apology letter if he crosses the line again LOL

credit to the owner

Many people seem to fall for the second male lead and shipping him with the queen but I'm not. Maybe because I'm rooting hard for our main male lead as a king to raise since it really annoyed me that second male lead disrespect him just like how his other official treated him like crap.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

That was some 'avatar' like transition at the end of epi 6. There is no queen's soul and the chef has to switch  between two bodies!? This is gonna be interesting...In the real world he was nothing but a playboy but in the joseon era he is a dark horse,  one that can rewrite history.. 

' Everything is backwards now, like out there is the true world and here is the dream '. 

- Jake Sully (Avatar movie quote) 

Will our chef ever feel like this of the present world? Let's wait n watch. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

28 minutes ago, enzek said:

Some people grossed out with king and current queen possibility of love line because to them it kinda forcing straight man like chef to be gay and all but I really don't see the gay thing at all because physically, the king is a man and the queen is 100% a woman. It is her soul that is possessed.

If the theory that Bong Hwan is the reincarnation of the past queen is correct, I think rather than the BL, the message that I get is more about loving someone despite how people perceived your beloved is.

I agree. I was born in a conservative family, and at first, I thought this drama would not have romance. But I watched the c-drama and I think the romance might work, that's why I saw her as 100% woman. There are dozen of reasons that I don't need to explain to many. However, since I realize I'm maybe a little moderate, people maybe have different opinions and perspectives, and I just respect them. 

Btw thank you chingu for posting my gifs! I am so lazy hehehe

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

Hi guys, did you see this picture already? I am so excited omg. I think it means they'll execute the romance between the king and the current queen (like in the original webseries).

Hide contents

The storyline in Go Princess Go.

The king went to a war zone and the queen chased him because she believed he forgot his medicine. And the ninth-prince committed treason and he is punished. This happens in the near end episodes.

There cant be justice for SO Yong if people want it to go the route above the only way for Justice is if So yong returns and like leaves or something which Im not a fan of but yeah you cant really want Chef and King together yet want Justice. 

I wont get too excited over that spoiler picture could also mean original So Yong and King leave or something.

45 minutes ago, enzek said:

Yes, it will be weird and how could the king don't realize if it is the past queen?

Some people grossed out with king and current queen possibility of love line because to them it kinda forcing straight man like chef to be gay and all but I really don't see the gay thing at all because physically, the king is a man and the queen is 100% a woman. It just now the queen's body is possessed by the soul that inhabited different gender before.

I mean in the modern time, it is not weird for a woman to behave like the current queen but in the historical time, society view that as unsophisticated and unladylike manner especially for a queen.

It is like a man love a woman but people complained:

"Look, she did this and that! That is not normal and unladylike!

She seem to get possessed by so and so. How could you love her?"

But despite that, the man still fall in love with his queen.

credit to the owner

King is fallin:fullofhearts:

Thanks for the gif @Kaizen68

Reveal hidden contents

No touch celebration haha

credit to the owner

I really enjoyed the some of the king witty remark beneath his dumb appearance that he show to people.

Like when court official discuss about Hwa Jin possible involvement the night So Yong fell in the lake because someone saw her, he's going "oh ho ho She's with me that night because I'm a healthy young man" haha

And when his threaten to punish the second male lead with long apology letter if he crosses the line again LOL

credit to the owner

Many people seem to fall for the second male lead and shipping him with the queen but I'm not. Maybe because I'm rooting hard for our main male lead as a king to raise since it really annoyed me that second male lead disrespect him just like how his other official treated him like crap.

I mean there is such a thing as bisexual and its not forcing anything if said "straight" man likes the king and if the king knows that the person inside the body is male?

I agree im not falling for the second lead at all I think the king is much more interesting. 

What I think could happen is the male voice over stop and people will just accept what they see. 

• Blob 1

Hello! I’ve been a silent reader here but I have a question to ask.. so I’m wondering which clan does the King belong to? Pyungyang Jo? Since the Queen Dowager said she didn’t give birth to the King and the Great QD said she brought the King from the countryside.. What’s the deal here? I thought being a King is a lineage thing? If anyone knows the answer, please tell me..

on the other hand, I guess we can say now that the “door” isn’t the lake but the shaman. But, Kim So Yong herself is nowhere to be seen. I mean, she’s not living as the chef in the modern world. So where did her soul go?

I personally think it’s great if the King falls for Bong Hwan in the Queen’s body, but I think this will cause an uproar of sorts in Korea? I mean, this drama has received hate from the start due to its depiction of “history”... even though I think most people with common sense would know not to take it seriously since the drama is a comedy and only loosely based on the past.

All in all, this is a really great drama that pulls me in since the trailer came out lol

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

1 minute ago, kyleatreides said:

Hello! I’ve been a silent reader here but I have a question to ask.. so I’m wondering which clan does the King belong to? Pyungyang Jo? Since the Queen Dowager said she didn’t give birth to the King and the Great QD said she brought the King from the countryside.. What’s the deal here? I thought being a King Is a lineage thing? If anyone knows the answer, please tell me..

on the other hand, I guess we can say now that the “door” isn’t the lake but the shaman. Plus, Kim So Yong herself is nowhere to be seen. I mean, she’s not living as the chef in the modern world. So where did her soul go?

I personally think it’s great if the King falls for Bong Hwan in the Queen’s body, but I think this will cause an uproar of sorts in Korea? I mean, this drama has received hate from the start due to its depiction of “history”... even though I think most people with common sense would know not to take it seriously since the drama is a comedy and only loosely based on the past.

All in all, this is a really great drama that pulls me in since the trailer came out lol

Then those people can stop watching and the uproar was over blown it says at the start of the drama its not based on historical events. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

23 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

There cant be justice for SO Yong if people want it to go the route above the only way for Justice is if So yong returns and like leaves or something which Im not a fan of but yeah you cant really want Chef and King together yet want Justice. 

I think somehow the production team will manage to solve it. It depends on the execution and audience's perspective about 'justice.' Is it sympathy feelings from the king? Is it love? Or the ones who cursed her get a just punishment? Or Hwa Jin's lies exposed, and she got the punishment as well? There will be no justice if it's totally like in c-drama, no flashback about the real queen. In the kdrama, they even haven't shown the child actors yet, which the news has been around before the drama aired. And what kind of the stories they will tell, we don't know yet.

19 minutes ago, kyleatreides said:

Hello! I’ve been a silent reader here but I have a question to ask.. so I’m wondering which clan does the King belong to? Pyungyang Jo? Since the Queen Dowager said she didn’t give birth to the King and the Great QD said she brought the King from the countryside.. What’s the deal here? I thought being a King is a lineage thing? If anyone knows the answer, please tell me..

He's a son the great prince jeongye, their family exiled to Ganghwa Island in 1801. The late king (King Heonjeong), queen dowager's husband, died without an heir. The Great Queen Dowager is the wife of the late-late king. She's the one who selected Cheoljeong and allow him to ascend to the throne (Because there was no heir from the previous king, and The Great Queen Dowager needs someone to control).

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Still watching ep 6 - I just got to this part and I am laughing so hard :joy:

Oppa sniffing a guy! I never thought I would see this @Min2206 @booha @willenette

515726_404262_1048.jpg

Oppa shedding his serious and action role image :joy:

In any case, here are some netizen comments about ep 5. I apologize if someone has already posted these:

[Naver TV] ‘Mr. Queen’ Episode 5 Comments and Reaction

Screenshot-2020-12-27-at-14.00.40-2048x7

1. [+2029][-7] Is Shin Hyesun insane ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I can only laugh ㅋㅋ Saying ‘did you also come to get rained on?’ to the King ㅋㅋ

2. [+1649][-8] How can he see it from such a different perspective ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+1442][-5] Looks like Cheoljong has already fallen in love?

4. [+1321][-8] I never expected to hear a Blackpink song in a drama ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I’ve never experienced a drama like this

5. [+1025][-6] Kim Junghyun is hella cute ㅜㅜ Handing over the umbrella whilst pretending to be indifferent

For more comments about the episode

source: https://netizen-kore.com/2020/12/naver-tv-mr-queen-episode-5-comments-and-reaction.html

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kaizen68 said:

I think somehow the production team will manage to solve it. It depends on the execution and audience's perspective about 'justice.' Is it sympathy feelings from the king? Is it love? Or the ones who cursed her get a just punishment? Or Hwa Jin's lies exposed, and she got the punishment as well? There will be no justice if it's totally like in c-drama, no flashback about the real queen. In the kdrama, they even haven't shown the child actors yet, which the news has been around before the drama aired. And what kind of the stories they will tell, we don't know yet.

Yeah maybe the ones who cursed her and Hwa Jin exposed thats the justice this drama has so many routes it can go.

The one I want is Chef and King to be a thing its selfish but I hope So yong is gone because otherwise will be very complicated if King falls for Chef then So yong returns and then they fall in love? What if Chef was feeling something for the King also then he returns? It would just be a mess overall. 

So basically original chef body would die and hes stuck in the queens body and has to live as her then falls for the king or something? Im not sure that would happen based on preview though. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

52 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I mean there is such a thing as bisexual and its not forcing anything if said "straight" man likes the king and if the king knows that the person inside the body is male?

I want Justice for So Yong. At the same time, I see no issue with Bong Hwan falling for Choljeong. I mean yes Bong Hwan could be bisexual.

Spoiler

But if I recall right, in Go Princess Go...wasn't the Prince aware that the Princess was a man and fell for him.

I would prefer it if Choljeong fell for him knowing Bong Hwan's truth and didn't care. But I think its reasonable to estimate that to be quite a long shot.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

11 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

But if I recall right, in Go Princess Go...wasn't the Prince aware that the Princess was a man and fell for him. I would prefer it if Choljeong fell for him knowing Bong Hwan's truth and didn't care. But I think its reasonable to estimate that to be quite a long shot.

Spoiler

In the webseries, the king didn't know his wife was a man and we just go roll with it. In the original novel, the king knows and doesn't care.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

credit to the owner

Our royal couple! 

credit to the owner

Spoiler

Hwa Jin costume and hairpin in the last pic tho. It don't look like the Royal Concubine type of costume.

I wonder if she get banished from the palace and then the king's half brother come to visit her.

credit to the owner

If anyone interested with this:

https://thetalkingcupboard.com/2013/04/17/a-guide-to-joseon-hairstyles-and-headgears/

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

1 minute ago, enzek said:

Our royal couple! 

Thanks for sharing all those photos - seeing them smiling, holding the cakes, posing playfully for the photos - showed that they enjoyed doing the filming together.  What a great bunch of cast.  

Yay to the No Touching Couple - is this what they call the King and Queen pair?

9 hours ago, Annie12 said:

On a side note the grand Queen said that she took the king from the fields and made him a king! 

What was that? How? 

P. S i haven't watched ep 6 yet. 

King Choeljong's family was exile and when the late king (queen dowager's husband) died without heir, the grand queen dowager made King Cheoljong ascended to the throne so she & the Andong Kim clan can control the court. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

I have not watchef the chinese series nor read the webtoon BUT there was a tv seried in my country (which was a remake of an argentine comedy) which dealt with body swap-a guy wakes up as a girl-

At first she(he) was trying to fix it and wanted to get rid of her new self, on the other hand she was feeling ever more like a woman.

and eventually she remained as a girl. And the girl who woke up as a man was happier as a man.

But in this case i would want the body/soul swap back in place, and the king to fall in love with the real queen, lets say that the chef just brought them together

i doubt that would happen thought. Propably not.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Min2206 said:

Thanks for sharing all those photos - seeing them smiling, holding the cakes, posing playfully for the photos - showed that they enjoyed doing the filming together.  What a great bunch of cast.  

Yay to the No Touching Couple - is this what they call the King and Queen pair?

I'm scared if I called them that there will be real no touch between them although our foolish king mean the opposite when he mentioned that to his queen.

credit to the owner

Kim Jung Hyun performance and his character make me rooting for him so hard in this drama.

credit to the owner

This is why I'm rooting for our royal couple to cooperate and become allies so hard.

credit to the owner

This interpretation is interesting too:

Spoiler

credit to the owner

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, enzek said:

I'm scared if I called them that there will be real no touch between them although our foolish king mean the opposite when he mentioned that to his queen.

credit to the owner

Kim Jung Hyun performance and his character make me rooting for him so hard in this drama.

credit to the owner

This is why I'm rooting for our royal couple to cooperate and become allies so hard.

credit to the owner

This interpretation is interesting too:

Reveal hidden contents
credit to the owner

Kim Jung Hyun is acting super well but the female lead is acting super well and is more popular so over shadowing him but glad both are super good.

Im also rooting for the king. 

3 hours ago, Annie12 said:

I have not watchef the chinese series nor read the webtoon BUT there was a tv seried in my country (which was a remake of an argentine comedy) which dealt with body swap-a guy wakes up as a girl-

At first she(he) was trying to fix it and wanted to get rid of her new self, on the other hand she was feeling ever more like a woman.

and eventually she remained as a girl. And the girl who woke up as a man was happier as a man.

But in this case i would want the body/soul swap back in place, and the king to fall in love with the real queen, lets say that the chef just brought them together

i doubt that would happen thought. Propably not.

Im not sure I want this but its most likely what safe conserative Korea will do.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Six episode was amazing, I can't wait for the rest.
I think the King will start to suspect everyone about what happened to the Queen, he doesn't know about the souls swap, and will have an "us against the world" moment trying to protect her.

The King's brother is annoying, what's his obsession with this brother's feelings. The concubine, and him are same as Kim clan, the want to use him as a puppet. I am so glad she will not get her consummation night, at least for now, i am not sure she loves him at all. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 1