[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

1 hour ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Kim Jung Hyun is acting super well but the female lead is actuing super well and is more popular so over shadowing him but glad both are super good.

Im also rooting for the king. 

To me, both Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun performance are great in this drama but I understand why audiences are more attracted to Shin Hye Sun's character. Her character is lively and funny especially for a high position woman in a historical time.

Spoiler

credit to the owner

While Kim Jung Hyun character is more calm and usually unbothered because he has to keep his appearance as the dumb puppet king. I intrigued with his moves and remarks because it seem he planning something in his head after silently observing the action of people around him. But I also feel like after he falls for the current queen, slowly, he become more expressive with his emotions.

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

credit to the owner

• Like 5
  • Blob 3

I re-watched from episode 1 till 6 last night. Can we move faster to Saturday. Hahahahahahaha, even though we still say goodbye to 2020 soon... Excited to face 2021, because I'm waiting for episode 7, am I wrong?

In beginning of episode 6, the king said that the queen's the woman but she's not a woman for him, but later on when his best friend came to him, why he hid the queen's hairpin? Why the king not told him that the queen wanted to kill herself again? Why he started to keep that as secret?

Later when his brother confronted the king, why he rejected to dispose the queen, the king finally answered that his heart has wavered. His brother and the concubine said that his guilty feeling made him to think alot about the Queen and that what the queen planned to.

But at this stage, the king clearly said that his feeling isn't romantic feeling. And declared that he would kill the queen himself if the queen became their enemy.

But... But.. I saw his worries in preview episode 7. And I thought his brother also there to see that. Oh yah, I remember that night should be the first night for the king and the concubine. With the queen's condition, I thought that plan would become fail and that made the concubine thought that's one of queen's planning.

Oh yah, but I'm still wondering why the head of justice come to the queen's chamber and wanna do investigation (what kind of investigation)? Till The King put sword to him and declare the queen is his woman?

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Even though we know the queen isn't technically the queen right now, it was still painful to see the king go straight to Hwa Jin after she fainted, in front of everyone. In most cultures throughout history, even though royal marriages were rarely for love, it was expected that kings/rulers would always put their queens above mistresses or concubines - and from some of the things other people in the court said later, they thought it was a major slight, too. It's funny, in all the sageuks where there's some reason the king can't marry the FL, viewers (myself included) always say, can't she be a concubine? But now that it seems that's actually what happened, it's hard to like her! Maybe because we didn't see them fall in love and we just see the queen's experience? If this was some other drama and Hwa Jin was the FL, I bet I would've found it very romantic, the king choosing her over some mean queen and risking the consequences! But in this case I just winced.

Anyway, I adore the queen's two ladies, especially Court Lady Choi. Looking at images of hot and fit men to soothe her stress... now that's relatable!

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

5 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

In beginning of episode 6, the king said that the queen's the woman but she's not a woman for him, but later on when his best friend came to him, why he hid the queen's hairpin? Why the king not told him that the queen wanted to kill herself again? Why he started to keep that as secret?

I guess because before that he just told his friend that he didn't think her as a woman yet he rushed to save her when he sensed she trying to kill herself. Well I think if it the king's brother he might search the reason the king get wet and finally know that was because of the queen since his brother realized the king feeling towards his queen but his friend is quite slow about this LOL

5 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

Later when his brother confronted the king, why he rejected to dispose the queen, the king finally answered that his heart has wavered. His brother and the concubine said that his guilty feeling made him to think alot about the Queen and that what the queen planned to.

But at this stage, the king clearly said that his feeling isn't romantic feeling. And declared that he would kill the queen himself if the queen became their enemy.

But... But.. I saw his worries in preview episode 7. And I thought his brother also there to see that. Oh yah, I remember that night should be the first night for the king and the concubine. With the queen's condition, I thought that plan would become fail and that made the concubine thought that's one of queen's planning.

Of course the king already falling with his queen with no return. He first started to get slapped by some sense after their confrontation when he fed her with the truth serum, began to see her in a different light after she saved him and his concubine and since after that he wavering about his opinion about her real personality.

He kinda thinking llike:

"It is true that she is evil like her clan just like I believed all this time or actually I'm wrong with my opinion about her?"

And I think he also started to feel scared about losing her when she jump in the lake. Some people mentioned that he agreed to sleep with Hwa Jin that night but if you realized that happen after he asked Hwa Jin to help the queen from disposed. If I'm Hwa Jin I will feel like "Oh uh, my man start to care about his queen" LOL

And he is the king so he trying to show his affection fairly to all his woman whether wife or concubine. But we will see how the king will become biased when he madly in love with his queen later

Amazon Prime Smile GIF by primevideoin

About the king's promised to behead her if she is his enemy, I believe he just want to ensure his brother since his brother kinda hell bent about "your queen is evil because her clan is evil" SMH

I don't hate his brother yet but this is how his brother view the queen LOL

credit to the owner

Well his denial about his romantic feeling for her in front of his brother is just like the typical main male lead in modern Korean dramas denied he like the main female lead to support cast LOL

From the preview it seem that the queen's cousin barged into the king/queen bedroom and tried to take the queen away. I can't believe that! 

Even if you did that to the ordinary man on the street it is consider as rude and he did it to his king?

My annoyed level for second male lead just increased LOL

Wondering when Mr Queen will start to accept her King. 

The king has to work hard:P

credit to the owner

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

On 12/28/2020 at 4:46 AM, Kaizen68 said:

There are many things about Soyong that are unrevealed, and she is also the victim of Hwa Jin's lies. So it seems the kdrama wants us to invest in this character, and I am invested already. She needs justice!

Agree, the show seems like it wants us to care about her character. If not, they wouldn't have cared to write a backstory of So Yong.

One of the reasons why I don't care about romance at this point is because I feel like the show hasn't revealed all its cards yet. I mean, we've seen 6 episodes out of 20? That's not even halfway. Sure, the King seems to be concerned with BH-Queen, but BH is still the man he's ever been. The King could be falling in love with the BH-Queen, but we still don't know if the King has had any ounce of feeling towards So Yong in the past. Apparently, there is still the childhood story waiting to be told. I totally welcome if they will go the BL route, but so far based on what I've seen with So Yong, I think the King and So Yong needs to fix their misunderstandings sooner or later.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

10 hours ago, Annie12 said:

I have not watchef the chinese series nor read the webtoon BUT there was a tv seried in my country (which was a remake of an argentine comedy) which dealt with body swap-a guy wakes up as a girl-

At first she(he) was trying to fix it and wanted to get rid of her new self, on the other hand she was feeling ever more like a woman.

and eventually she remained as a girl. And the girl who woke up as a man was happier as a man.

But in this case i would want the body/soul swap back in place, and the king to fall in love with the real queen, lets say that the chef just brought them together

i doubt that would happen thought. Propably not.

When I saw the trailer, it reminded me of that show. I loved that Argentine comedy, although I don't think many will agree with that ending in this drama either. 

• Blob 1

@partyon I do wonder who’s that guy at a nightclub because he’s really cute! Choi Jin Hyuk should totally try a comedic role because he’s been mostly playing brooding and serious characters so far.

I don’t know why he’s considered as a cameo when he should be counted as a regular member. He’s been providing his voice so far and we’ll definitely see more of him in upcoming episodes.

• Blob 1

On 12/28/2020 at 2:28 PM, Min2206 said:

It is indeed.  Choi JH's voiceover is done so well , matching perfectly with Shin HS's expressions as the Queen.   Hope to see more of him in the drama.   Initially I thought he would be in just for Epi 1 and 2 and, am I glad he is here to stay.

I read that Choi Jin Hyuk watch Shin Hye Sun act so he can match with Shin Hye Sun act in this drama. 

Oppa work really hard! Good job oppa!

credit to @Kaizen68 

The ladies friendship offscreen

credit to the owner

Don't worry, just few more days before the new year:lol:

credit to the owner

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

30 minutes ago, aisling said:

@partyon I do wonder who’s that guy at a nightclub because he’s really cute! Choi Jin Hyuk should totally try a comedic role because he’s been mostly playing brooding and serious characters so far.

I don’t know why he’s considered as a cameo when he should be counted as a regular member. He’s been providing his voice so far and we’ll definitely see more of him in upcoming episodes.

I was also wondering who the guy in the nightclub was. Totally cute. :love:

Choi Jin Hyuk already did a comedic role in Zombie Detective. Even though the story sounds a bit ridiculous, it's actually a great drama. It even won an award a few days ago.

Agree, oppa should be listed as a regular cast member of this drama. His voice has been featured in every episode so far.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, enzek said:

I read that Choi Jin Hyuk watch Shin Hye Sun act so he can match his voiceover with Shin Hye Sun acting in this drama. 
Oppa work really hard. Good job oppa!

Thank you again @enzek for sharing the info.   Zoppa and his dedication.  Makes me admire him more and now Ioving Shin HS too.  

I am beginning to like Choi Sanggung too .. hahahhhaah!
https://twitter.com/dramatwts/status/ 1343706826085261312

https://twitter.com/emshinigami0001https://twitter.com/KDramaDramaah

https://twitter.com/KDramaDramaah

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

The King's promise to behead the Queen, if she proved to be a traitor seemed kind of prophetic to me. It seems like a foreshadowing. I am sure with a dramatic turn of events, he would be compelled to choose between his heart and his mind. He is already gradually getting fond of the Queen. If  surely would be dramatic, if he is made to keep his word. The tussle between heart and head is never easy. 

Also, previously, the King's brother (I think)  mentioned how his growing fondness would be construed as a sign of weakness.

So I have a very bad feeling about this. :tears:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

Ok the shamnan said that the queen is possesed by someone else.

And the preview of ep 7 is showing the chef to wake up at least temporarily. (If this is not a daydream again)

So while the chef is in the hospital,  his soul/spirit is inside the queen.

But what about the queen's spirit?

Considering is not a dream

The moment the chef woke up the queen's spirit returned to her? For just a split of time?

Or

what if the chef's spirit/soul was so strong that needed somewhere to go when he was in the hospital and the queen's spirit so weak that she let him in. And the queen's soul is inside the queen all along but too weak to get out.

Ohhh i think i am talking nonsense! 

[I did not watch the go princess go nor intend to( at least not until Mr queen finishes).]

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

talking about King potentially fall in love with the current queen possessed by Bong Hwan soul makes think about something.

i dont know if this is spoiler or not, it's just my thoughts 

Spoiler

what if actually King already meets so yong before she becomes a potential queen? both of them having interaction out of the palace.

First, in Byeon In flashback about So Yong. So Yong said to her cousin aka Byeon In she met King one day looks like an idiot (before he become king), other time he looks like jade (after he become king). and then so yong said last night he looks like her cousin (wearing non palace outfit or King has some secret inspection with his brother and friend). but to cover this So Yong then added: "In my dream". maybe she afraid it is King's secret.

Second, I guess when in scene king has nightmare then queen wake him up, but king mistakenly saying "hwa jin you save me again". maybe the truth is not hwa jin but So young was the one who helps the king. maybe King mistakenly hwa jin as the one who helps him, and she goes with it. or Hwa Jin making a lie about it and making her like she was the one who was in King's memory about that incident. judging her expression after fainted, kind of an antagonist expression. Moreover, So Yong said to Hwa Jin that she knows her lie. because of this truth, So Yong desperately said to King "You Should love me" not to Hwa Jin because the woman that you encountered and save you is me not her.

the cold rejection by saying "Is that an order?" from King, perfecting So Yong's depression and without a second thought she jumps off to the lake. after mentally being pushed by his clan when she wants to give up as queen or maybe being on the king's side as well as the guy she loved which has loved to somebody else.

so, to sum up I think even without Bong Hwan's help in queen body. King would learn this unrevealed past and regret not giving So Yong a chance to explain or saw her from a different point of view. Bong Hwan there just to accelerate King and Queen relationship. so if Bong Hwan, back to his original body and So Yong wakes up in her body, even her traits are pretty different from her previous possessed queen. I think King would still fall in love with her and develop sympathy and affection for her since the queen is not the person that he thought, as bad as her clan.

besides, So Yong said she is not like herself when she looks so despair in front of her cousin, maybe there is a carefree and wild (lol) soul in So Yong like Bong Hwan, an unpredictable woman, as he learns she is not bad as her clan and just a doll, like him for Kim Andong clan.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 6
  • Blob 1

29 minutes ago, kyakyari said:

Hide contents

what if actually King already meets so yong before she becomes a potential queen? both of them having interaction out of the palace.

Second, I guess when in scene king has nightmare then queen wake him up, but king mistakenly saying "hwa jin you save me again". maybe the truth is not hwa jin but So young was the one who helps the king. maybe King mistakenly hwa jin as the one who helps him, and she goes with it. or Hwa Jin making a lie about it and making her like she was the one who was in King's memory about that incident. judging her expression after fainted, kind of an antagonist expression. Moreover, So Yong said to Hwa Jin that she knows her lie. because of this truth, So Yong desperately said to King "You Should love me" not to Hwa Jin because the woman that you encountered and save you is me not her.

Yess! That!

I thought about the same when she said the you "should love me". The king interpreted that wrong! Maybe they go way back and he likes/love his concubine becouse he thinks he saved him back then.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, kyakyari said:
Spoiler

the cold rejection by saying "Is that an order?" from King, perfecting So Yong's depression and without a second thought she jumps off to the lake. after mentally being pushed by his clan when she wants to give up as queen or maybe being on the king's side as well as the guy she loved which has loved to somebody else.

I have to disagree. What perfecting her jump into the lake without a second thought not after the King said "is that an order?" but after the concubine said that the Queen tried to kill the king. Perhaps it meant that the queen knew about Andong Kim clan's plan to kill the king but was unable to do anything about it. 

Spoiler

50775080177_dc5c624628_b.jpg

The queen's main problem was that she seemed to have lost her self-esteem and self-worth (because she is in the middle of the lies), not because of being in a total desperate of unrequited love. The King's actions might have played some parts, but the drama itself mentioned it was a silly reason for the queen to take her own life because of a man (as its principal reason).

50774247433_2a8e1db3e0.jpg

Btw I feel like I want to grumbling and nagging a lot... This drama succeeded in making me sympathize with Soyong's character but I am still not sure how the justice will be given to her. That's why I hope the Chef is the queen's reincarnation as she's gaining her memories.

SPOILER GO PRINCESS GO

Spoiler

Since I watched the full series of Go Princess Go, the chef perhaps will take control of the body until the end of the series.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Mr. Queen: Episodes 5-6 Open Thread

by missvictrix

QUEEN0506_0.jpg

Things are not going well for our hero. As expected, returning to his body and his present-day life is not as easy as jumping back into the mysterious lake. With a growing number of political enemies, competition in the court, and a king that’s starting to take an interest in his queen, our hero’s endurance (and ingenuity) is put to the test.

EPISODES 5-6 WEECAP

QUEEN0506_2.jpg

Will Bong-hwan’s cockiness prove to be his biggest flaw or his biggest asset while trapped in Joseon? We might not know the answer to that question yet, but it surely brings about a lot of action for our queen — and mayhem in the court.

In fact, the stand-off we ended on last week is a perfect example of that. Our hero admits that he can’t stand people “looking cooler than him,” which cues the dramatic confession of the attempted lake suicide (and a pretty hysterial use of 2NE1’s iconic “I Am the Best.”) It’s pretty funny how Bong-hwan is constantly trying to one-up everyone around him, and while he’s trapped as the queen, he’ll do whatever that means, even mock fainting to copy Hwa-jin.

The contrast the drama builds between Bong-hwan’s inner monologue and intentions, and his actions in queen So-yong’s body, continue to be the highlight of this drama. Shin Hye-sun is so hands-down fantastic here (I still can’t get over the body language!), that it’s almost impossible to see So-yong as an actual queen.

But, every now and then, there’s a moment when it’s easy to see what the narrative might look like if So-yong was actually So-yong, and there’s two favorite scenes this week that did that nicely.

The first is the stand-off at the courtyard, where Cheoljong has picked up the fainted Hwa-jin and is about to carry her to safety. Byung-in (heart!) is all about the rivalry here, and he picks up (fake) fainted So-yong in the same fashion. The heroes glare at each other with the heroines swooned in their arms. It’s both a quintessential romantic moment, and a crazy bit of satire, since we all know the truth about So-yong.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/mr-queen-episodes-5-6-open-thread/

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

To be honest I’m pretty sure that our Queen and Bong Hwan are actually the same soul. Just Bong Hean is reincarnation of Queen in 21st century. Probably Queen from past is really dead that is why her soul from future returned to her previous body. We already had some clues to that like Queens memories which Bong Hwan had seen.  

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Blob 1