[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

I have watched live streaming... And I really need next week soon.

Spoiler

The concubine wanna consummate with the king, she wanna have kid with the king, but suddenly the queen collapse. And the preview for episode 7, the king will choose the Queen because the queen suddenly not breathe again.

• Like 6

I honestly dont really care about SoYong soul or her happy ending if it means that we get a crappy story development which would be chef returning and queens soul returning and king and SoYong live happily ever after to me that would be boring and nothing different or unique. 

To me the more interesting story is Mr Queen and King becoming a thing but Im not sure if Korea will go that route but I do think the King will fall for Mr Queen. 

2 hours ago, agenth said:

I am also more interested in the real SoYong's story. When she told the concubine, that she, too, will lose something precious, I don't really think she meant the king. In the flashback it shows that she was prepared to become the queen, and yet she seemingly easily wanted to give up her position as the queen. 

Of course there are a lot of puzzle pieces still missing: What did the concubine lie to the king about? Why and when did So Yong attempt to kill the king (without his knowledge, but the concubine knows and hasn't told him about)? 

And the preview shows that SoYong is in Bong Hwan's body enjoying the modern world. A nice twist, which explains why he couldn't return to his body. 

I really enjoyed the scenes between MrQueen and the kitchen staff - I really have a soft spot for the Royal Chef, the poor cynical guy, and of course Hong Yeong and Court Lady Choi and Mr Queen dancing in the rain while they try to cover her up. I enjoy it far more than the scenes between the concubine and everyone else. So far she either looks teary-eyed or glaring in all of her scenes. It's funny Mr Queen tries to find favour with her, and yet doesn't understand the contempt shown by the concubine towards him. 

Preview doesnt really show that? Im pretty sure that club scene was his imagination

8 hours ago, aisling said:

I read people speculating the most probable ending would be Jang Bong Hwan and So Yong switching back to their timelines after Cheoljong falls in love with Bong Hwan. That Bong Hwan was only meant to mend their relationship so that So Yong and Cheoljong could live happily ever after. And people seem to be okay with it. Seriously?

Am I the only one who would be insanely furious if that turned out to be the ending? Like seriously what kind of freaking message would it send???!!

They’ll literally make one man falling in love with the other (because let’s be straight, it’s all Bong Hwan that makes Cheoljong interest in the queen again) and they’ll make So Yong come back because we’re in 2020 and people are still “NO HOMO”?!!

I know I’d be very unhappy with that conclusion and it would ruin otherwise so well written and acted drama. That would be the most “bury your gays” ending in the history of television. 

Nah I would be annoyed also it would make me very mad. 

Regarding episode 7 preview

Spoiler

im guessing while trying to save the chef his soul returns and the queen stays unconcious until he returns?

I sort of hope his chef body dies so he cant return. 

From the preview for eps 7, both share same soul. So the soul of chef JBH comes back to his body for a while (the scene where he wakes upnin the hospital). But he suddenly back to state of unconsciousness. That moment, the soul goes to the queen (the scene where the queen suddenly wakes up). So, where is queen soul going? Is it gonna be a sad ending?

• Like 2

The king misunderstanding of the current queen "no touch" phrase is so hilarious.

He even mentioned the "no touchi" phrase when he tried to persuade her AHAHA 

Now I know the reason why they choose this drama title as "No Touch Princess" before they change it to Mr Queen.

But I like "Mr Queen" better since she is not a princess and the main wife of the king.

credit to the owner

Yay, my ship! The king has to endure some suffering tho before he can win the queen's heart:D

credit to the owner

Two man (king and her adopted cousin) are fighting over her yet the queen still oblivious and trying to look cool in front of Hwa Jin:lol:

About Bong Hwan and So Yong soul swapping theory,

Spoiler

I think that reincarnation is the way the screenwriter can convince audiences about the main leads mutual romance without being unfair to Bong Hwan or So Yong.

I feel the scenes of her asking her adopted cousin to call her name because she feel like she is not herself and the "Desert Your False Self" word that she sew before she threw herself in the lake kinda giving hint about this theory. In episode 5 there is a scene in the kitchen where the little girl asked the current queen whether her dog is a human in other life and she replied "Maybe"

If "they are different soul but swapped to help each other" theory, then it is weird not because the current queen is man in modern time but it kinda deceiving the king when they have mutual romance since she is using other people's body.

If "Bong Hwan is descendent of the queen" theory then it more weird because isn't it like the current queen romancing her ancestor's husband?

So for now I believe the "Jang Bong Hwan in the future is the reincarnation of the Kim So Yong in the past" theory.

• Like 3

I'm actually started to invest in the background story of the real queen. However, I assume she's already passed away. The kdrama only purchases the license for the webseries (not the novel), and I could see it's more similar to the series than the novel. That's why JBH is in a coma, and the real queen is dead (like in the original webseries).

Even so, I feel this is very unfair to the real Soyong if she doesn't come back. In the original version (either in the novel or in the webseries), the real queen has a bad character. She also did a few tricks so that she could be matched with the crown prince. Meanwhile, in the kdrama, Soyong has a warm and kind heart. It has been shown that she has a different personality from Zhang Shi. There are many things about Soyong that are unrevealed, and she is also the victim of Hwa Jin's lies. So it seems the kdrama wants us to invest in this character, and I am invested already. She needs justice!

Spoiler

This scene made me SUPER ANGRY AT HIM ARRGGHHH

50768309787_9cd27dcfaa_k.jpg

However, at the same time, if Soyong comes back and the chef return to his era (if they are different souls), I don't think Soyong will be able to fit herself between the king and the Andong Kim's clan. She's vulnerable to Andong Kim's pressure, and the king surely notice changes in her behavior and decision. Meanwhile, he fell for her when the person inside her was the chef. So if that's the ending, it will only leave the audience a confusion. I feel like it leads to a poor and lousy conclusion and the drama doesn't resolve the problem. However, the production team themselves already mentioned, they make this drama to fight gender stereotypes. So I believe they won't make Soyong comes back to support what they are fighting/against to

Or the drama might show some flashbacks about Soyong in future episodes, and make us feel sorry for her even more. And the king feels guilty for badly treating the queen all this time and then fall in love with her (as the previous Soyong, not the chef). However, this is more likely not to happen. Because in the c-drama, they clearly drew a line between love and pity. It's a message that the original webseries brought. Qi-sheng said and explained that he realizes his feelings for Jiang Shi were all pity, but he didn't realize it. And I don't think the kdrama will make Cheoljung's feelings to the beloved character Soyong like Qi-sheng's feelings to Jiang Shi.

So the last resorts are if the queen comes back, (1) whether the chef and the queen are the same soul (the chef is the reincarnation of the queen, I really hope this comes true) or (2) two souls merge in one body. But if the queen doesn't really come back and there is a romance, these are probably the ending:

• (3) the chef transforms into the queen herself and accepts the femininity inside her/him (like in the c-drama),
  • (4) and/or eventually they'll give us a sad ending like the original series (the king died and the chef returns to the modern era)
  • (5) Another possible ending, he'll meet the king in the modern era as a woman.  

However, this is a comedy-drama, and the original script ends with a happy ending. The webseries does not provide a happy ending due to government restrictions, and it doesn't apply in South Korea. So let's hope, kdrama doesn't have a sad end like the original webseries.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

@Kaizen68 Your post was very insightful! I’m rooting for the whole Mr Queen to stay strong till the end. If they wanted this drama to fight against the stereotypes I hope they’ll stay true to their words. I have no doubt they could make this drama groundbreaking if they wanted to (not giving into complaints and pressure from conservative Koreans).

1) As I posted before the most acceptable and for me most romantic conclusion would be that So Yong and Bong Hwan are actually the same soul. In this case it wouldn’t matter whether it’s So Yong or Bong Hwan who Cheoljong fell in love with because they’re the same person. And it wouldn’t feel that unfair to Cheoljong if he wasn’t told the truth.

2) Bong Hwan and So Yong are two different souls and they will eventually switch back to their original timelines. In this case the writer should make Cheoljong and Bong Hwan platonic friends with BH helping Cheoljong to understand So Yong more. But this conclusion would effectively make the drama pointless. 

And with the preview from episode 7 when Cheoljong proclaims the queen is his woman (and made me swoon), it doesn’t look like they’re going with platonic here.

E3026-FDF-F6-DF-4-C3-B-B31-B-0618-B9-BAE

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Hello, been lurking here for the past few days :)

This drama is crazy funny!! It's been a while I haven't laughed this much because of a drama! Their slapsticks and inside jokes are just hilarious, all the while crushing the more intense scenes! It's always a blast to see both mr queen and the king arguing their guts out. 

What I also find funny is how mr queen is just innocently trying to find a way to get back to his body, meanwhile everyone thinks "she"'s plotting for something huge (eg, when she visited the queen dowager for a ritual XD and got highly misunderstood). Can we also shout out to mrs Choi who is legit the most stressed character as the end of 2020 approaches HAHA i died when she went all the way to the forest to relieve her nagging!

I've read a few theories about what happened to the souls and honestly, I don't know how the writers will pull it. We'll just need to be patient and watch how the story unfolds. That being said, I have this feeling that the real queen's soul has been vanished and/or trapped and living very faintly in Bong Hwan's body which is in coma... But my hypothesis can't go further than this so... I'll just trust the writers on this. They did not disappoint so far ;)

Whatever happens, i sincerely want a love story between our main characters or at least more bedscenes xD!! Or maybe just more interactions between them, be it bromance or romance! Can't get enough of them hahaha

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

I think that So Yong would definitely return....the shaman said she is possessed so I still think So Yong's soul is inside her body dormant as she wanted to escape so the Chef kind of is keeping her alive for now. Remember she keeps flashing back to So Yong's memories as well. Also historically, Queen Cheorin has to be alive, they can't toy with that.

I like how Bong Hwan is doing everything he can to charm Hwa Jin and everybody thinks its for either palace politics or a ploy to get close to Choljeong.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

12 hours ago, enzek said:

The king misunderstanding of the current queen "no touch" phrase is so hilarious.

He even mentioned the "no touchi" phrase when he tried to persuade her AHAHA 

LOL, these 2 really make me laughed so much ... on the NO TOUCHING rule.  Spent quite a few minute just arguing on that rule by the lake.   :loolz:

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

The King is starting to see the Queen in a new light. I can't wait for episode 7.

Me too @backstreetboysfan me too 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

This drama deserves good rating. Although Choi Jin Hyuk just a cameo but I could feel he is part of this drama since he done most of the Queen voice over. I'm pretty sure he will be back from time to time in this drama to conclude everything. Can't wait for the next episode 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

Just now, orion00 said:

This drama deserves good rating. Although Choi Jin Hyuk just a cameo but I could feel he is part of this drama since he done most of the Queen voice over. I'm pretty sure he will be back from time to time in this drama to conclude everything. Can't wait for the next episode 

It is indeed.  Choi JH's voiceover is done so well , matching perfectly with Shin HS's expressions as the Queen.   Hope to see more of him in the drama.   Initially I thought he would be in just for Epi 1 and 2 and, am I glad he is here to stay. 
@partyon

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

I think that So Yong would definitely return....the shaman said she is possessed so I still think So Yong's soul is inside her body dormant as she wanted to escape so the Chef kind of is keeping her alive for now. Remember she keeps flashing back to So Yong's memories as well. Also historically, Queen Cheorin has to be alive, they can't toy with that.

I like how Bong Hwan is doing everything he can to charm Hwa Jin and everybody thinks its for either palace politics or a ploy to get close to Choljeong.

It will be weird if So Yong's soul (if So Yong and Bong Hwan have different soul) return and the king will just be obliviously lovey dovey with her.

Actually, I really don't quite understand why people want the king with the past queen since the one who change the king's heart is the current queen LOL

If there are Korean dramas with main female lead falls in love with main male lead that are robot, vampire, half-man half-gumiho and others why a main male lead couldn't fall in love with main female lead that is a queen in the historical time and a carefree man in the future?

If the screenwriter not using the "the same soul, reincarnation of the past"  theory I wonder how the screenwriter will explain it. But it still Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun so I have no problem.

About historical accuracy, actually in the drama Love In The Moonlight (Moonlight Drawn by Clouds) with Park Bo Gu and Kim Yoo Jung before, Park Bo Gum character, Crown Prince Hyomyeong died in real history (at the age of 20) but the screenwriter make him alive until the end.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_Prince_Hyomyeong

https://mydramalist.com/16973-love-in-the-moonlight

credit to the owner

Some info, mother to Park Bo Gum character there, Queen Sunwon, is the grand queen dowager in this drama that observe behind the scene on the court and make King Cheoljong as the puppet king.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Sunwon

Kim Jung Hyun is :fullofhearts:

credit to the owner

Cutie! Actually, I don't hate Hwa Jin yet so far in this drama, I have soft spot for actress Seol In Ah especially after watching her in drama Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life with Kim Jae Young.

credit to the owner

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

@enzek I don't ship her with the king...real So Yong but I do think it would be unfair if she died being miserable, misunderstood and trapped in Palace. I actually ship her with Byeong In, the adoptive son of minister Jo....The real chinese source material had a BL storyline. I would laud them if they dare going that route but I assume its unlikely because its being run in a conservative country. I am certain they won't alter history....they already landed in major hot water once. In moonlight, it had no such controversy. We will have to wait and see if it pans out that way. The reason I believe So Yong is alive is because 1. The memories 2. The Shaman said possessed, not dead...One other theory like you pointed out, is So Yong reincarnated as a man in 21st century so Chef and So Yong are the same soul centuries apart. I like the idea but again it goes towards BL territory. I am not sure if the target domestic audience will accept it. It would be a risk. I think they should take it but we'll have to see.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Min2206 said:

LOL, these 2 really make me laughed so much ... on the NO TOUCHING rule.  Spent quite a few minute just arguing on that rule by the lake.  

Me too @backstreetboysfan me too 

this scene was so intense but so hilarious LEL how on earth did the two of them perform this scene so seriously :joy:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

I have this theory

What if the queen so Yong is not from the Kim clan after all. 

Her suicide note wrote "desert your false self" so what if she is not a Kim clan but instead she is their puppet so they can have control in the Palace. (she did not meet her Mom ever, supposedly she died?) 

But she fell in love with the king after all. 

Plus she asked the king if she was not from the Kim clan would he love her? 

Also she seems that she and the royal concubine know each other pretty well. They have a past. What if these two are related?? Or switched places? 

On a side note the grand Queen said that she took the king from the fields and made him a king! 

What was that? How? 

P. S i haven't watched ep 6 yet. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, aisling said:

@Kaizen68 Your post was very insightful! I’m rooting for the whole Mr Queen to stay strong till the end. If they wanted this drama to fight against the stereotypes I hope they’ll stay true to their words. I have no doubt they could make this drama groundbreaking if they wanted to (not giving into complaints and pressure from conservative Koreans).

1) As I posted before the most acceptable and for me most romantic conclusion would be that So Yong and Bong Hwan are actually the same soul. In this case it wouldn’t matter whether it’s So Yong or Bong Hwan who Cheoljong fell in love with because they’re the same person. And it wouldn’t feel that unfair to Cheoljong if he wasn’t told the truth.

2) Bong Hwan and So Yong are two different souls and they will eventually switch back to their original timelines. In this case the writer should make Cheoljong and Bong Hwan platonic friends with BH helping Cheoljong to understand So Yong more. But this conclusion would effectively make the drama pointless. 

And with the preview from episode 7 when Cheoljong proclaims the queen is his woman (and made me swoon), it doesn’t look like they’re going with platonic here.

Even if they are the same soul they are basically still different people I still wouldnt be very happy if he falls for Bong Hwan but then SO Yong takes over again.. Even if they are the same soul not

happy with that. 

5 hours ago, Min2206 said:

It is indeed.  Choi JH's voiceover is done so well , matching perfectly with Shin HS's expressions as the Queen.   Hope to see more of him in the drama.   Initially I thought he would be in just for Epi 1 and 2 and, am I glad he is here to stay. 
@partyon

If he returns and So Yong returns then the whole drama is basically pointless honestly. 

5 hours ago, enzek said:

It will be weird if So Yong's soul (if So Yong and Bong Hwan have different soul) return and the king will just be obliviously lovey dovey with her.

Actually, I really don't quite understand why people want the king with the past queen since the one who change the king's heart is the current queen LOL

If there are Korean dramas with main female lead falls in love with main male lead that are robot, vampire, half-man half-gumiho and others why a main male lead couldn't fall in love with main female lead that is a queen in the historical time and a carefree man in the future?

If the screenwriter not using the "the same soul, reincarnation of the past"  theory I wonder how the screenwriter will explain it. But it still Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun so I have no problem.

About historical accuracy, actually in the drama Love In The Moonlight (Moonlight Drawn by Clouds) with Park Bo Gu and Kim Yoo Jung before, Park Bo Gum character, Crown Prince Hyomyeong died in real history (at the age of 20) but the screenwriter make him alive until the end.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_Prince_Hyomyeong

https://mydramalist.com/16973-love-in-the-moonlight

credit to the owner

Some info, mother to Park Bo Gum character there, Queen Sunwon, is the grand queen dowager in this drama that observe behind the scene on the court and make King Cheoljong as the puppet king.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Sunwon

Kim Jung Hyun is :fullofhearts:

credit to the owner

Cutie! Actually, I don't hate Hwa Jin yet so far in this drama, I have soft spot for actress Seol In Ah especially after watching her in drama Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life with Kim Jae Young.

credit to the owner

I agree makes 0 sense people want So Yong with the king when the King will love the current one. 

Of course I feel sorry for So Yong but if the drama goes the typical route of them both returning to each others body's and the king and queen live happily ever after to me that is not a good ending at all. The King didnt fall for that queen. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

5 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

If he returns and So Yong returns then the whole drama is basically pointless honestly. 

What I meant that I am happy to hear Choi JH's voice in the drama.  Now whether he will be swapped back to him being the Chef, or remain in Queen's body, that I leave it to the writer-nim and scriptwriters :D  

I thoroughly enjoy the drama as it is now.  Come what may, pray it will be a happy ending for all.  :Please:

• Like 5
  • Blob 1