[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

To be honest, I ship them because I love their dynamic and visuals, I just want all these funny scenes when the Queen realises that he is in the woman's body with woman's desires and memories that can't control and the King is jealous of her cousin, friend, everyone. The two goofs who exaggerate everything while everyone else in the story is like, you are already married nobody cares.
If I try to apply logic... oh god.. 

Can't wait for the next episode.

• Like 3

Thank you for the short appreciation gif of our king @Kaizen68

Yes, his majesty the king is so fine. Our queen is so lucky:P

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Our lovely queen:

credit to the owner

If only I can borrow some Doraemon's tool to read the script for the final episode:lol:

credit to the owner

Me! Me! Yes, few more hours for the next episodes!

credit to the owner

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

6 hours ago, Sejabin said:

I just able to finished ep 4 by today :blush:

:heart: I like to think that the real queen was not loving the king by her action of tried to killed her own self. I just feel that.. is not it when we love someone we will choose to stay next to that person for better for worse and leaving them by killing our own self will be the last option that we will take, is it? This is not like Romeo and Juliet love story when they decide to die because of they could not be together if they live. She was the queen, who marry the king. If I was her, even if the king does not love me, I will not kill myself. I will stay there and live with the king, enjoying my position as the queen.

Her clan wanted to harm the king and the king wanted to harm her clan. Either way someone would be hurt.

I wont be surprised to hear, that her clan were planning to kill the king after she will get pregnant. 
I think she didn't want to be a part of a plan.

• Like 1

I’m loving the idea that the real queen and the chef are actually the same soul. It’d be so poetic. Koreans are so conservative but I think they could accept romance between the leads if it was revealed the queen was actually the chef from the past. 

She jumped into a lake and was dying and coincidentally the chef (her future life) was dying too and that created the unique moment and connection. The difference was that the queen wanted to die whereas the chef wanted to live, that’s why he was transferred into the body from his past life. Also it seems the queen body didn’t take much damage while the chef’s head was bleeding and his chances of surviving were pretty slim. So the soul in the future wanted to live desperately but the body was dying, that’s why his soul slipped into his previous body (from his previous life) because the soul in the past wanted to die.

80-D95191-C6-C4-4164-8-F2-C-5807632472-D

It sounds complicated but I think this explanation could work for conservative Korean audience. I’d also love the message if this conclusion became true. The message that it’s not important what “shell” you’re wearing, it’s the soul inside that matters. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, aisling said:

She jumped into a lake and was dying and coincidentally the chef (her future life) was dying too and that created the unique moment and connection. The difference was that the queen wanted to die whereas the chef wanted to live, that’s why he was transferred into the body from his past life. Also it seems the queen body didn’t take much damage while the chef’s head was bleeding and his chances of surviving were pretty slim. So the soul in the future wanted to live desperately but the body was dying, that’s why his soul slipped into his previous body (from his previous life) because the soul in the past wanted to die.

Omg, your explanation sounds more makes sense, and I love this idea so much. I assumed they are the same soul, but I didn't think much about why his soul is slipped into her body. Now I am getting my hopes up even though I don't want to, lol. I really wish at least they will execute the romance very well in the future episodes.

• Like 3

I just started this drama, currently on ep 3, and have some questions.

1. Who exactly are the Great Queen Dowager and Queen Dowager? Which one is Cheoljong's mother? 

2. Are both Kim and Jo clan are bad?

3. What exactly is the King looking? 

Edited by Won C
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Won C said:

1. Who exactly are the Great Queen Dowager and Queen Dowager? Which one is Cheoljong's mother? 

2. Both Kim and Jo clan are bad, right?

1. none of them are the king actual mother. the king's mother already dead.  great queen dowager is the wife of the late late king and the queen dowager is the wife of the late king.

2. yes.. maybe... jo clan will be the as awful as Kim's if they are in the kim clan position

Edited by aulia rahmawati
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

Omg, your explanation sounds more makes sense, and I love this idea so much. I assumed they are the same soul, but I didn't think much about why his soul is slipped into her body. Now I am getting my hopes up even though I don't want to, lol. I really wish at least they will execute the romance very well in the future episodes.

Yups that makes sense. The same soul. Actually that's almost similar like the novel explanation (but there's no explanation in Chinese drama version). Chef is the future rencarnation of the Queen. Because the Queen want to die meanwhile the chef want to live, he need to stay in Queen's body.

In novel and in Chinese drama version, The Queen and The King have their stories when they're children. The real queen has fallen for the King, The Queen & The King were friend. The Queen was lonely and The King was the one who acted like her good friend and good big brother for her, but suddenly that Concubine came, that made the little queen became jealous and did some bad things to Concubine. That's why The King started to see The Queen as someone who was fake and actually as bad as her family.

Since that he became more and more care and close to Concubine.

There would be in one scene, The King said this to the Queen, he said that after all that happened, finally he recalled all their memories together and he realized that what he felt to Concubine actually was pity.

But the Queen not believe that.

1 hour ago, Won C said:

2. Are both Kim and Jo clan are bad?

3. What exactly is the King looking? 

1. No one is Cheoljong's mother.

The Great Queen Dowager is the great grandmother of Cheoljong. Cheoljong's great grandfather (The Great Queen Dowager's husband) was the 23th king. 

The Queen Dowager is Cheoljong's cousin's wife. Cheoljong's cousin (The Queen Dowager's husband) was the 24th king, his father was the crown prince, son of the 23th king, but died before became the king, that's why his son became the 24th king.

But the 24th king was hairless, that's why they chose Cheoljong as the 25th king.

Cheoljong's dad was the 3rd son of the 23th king.

2. I think both of the clan were bad. Because after Cheoljong's died, the Jo clan did manipulation same like what Kim clan did, they chose puppet king and cleanse the Kim clan, but they also did bad things like Kim.

3. For what I watch, Cheoljong's looking for some achievement in his era. But what he didn't know and didn't understand, human actually became greedy and forgot about humanity when they got power, so that's not about Kim Clan, but he should cleanse monopoly itself. The king should looking for balance.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sejabin said:

I like to think that the real queen was not loving the king by her action of tried to killed her own self. I just feel that.. is not it when we love someone we will choose to stay next to that person for better for worse and leaving them by killing our own self will be the last option that we will take, is it? This is not like Romeo and Juliet love story when they decide to die because of they could not be together if they live. She was the queen, who marry the king. If I was her, even if the king does not love me, I will not kill myself. I will stay there and live with the king, enjoying my position as the queen.

Hmm, I think the queen wanted to kill herself because she felt that all this time she was not her real self. So, her action in committing suicide does not (directly) relate to her unrequited love for the King. Maybe it had to do with him, but not in a direct way (The king doesn't reciprocate her love then the queen kill herself). But it's more likely because of her own conflict with herself and she's afraid to live in a life that full of lies. I believe we'll know more about this in the future, but the narrative we know so far, she's clearly in love with the king.

She threw herself into the lake a night before the wedding. The same night when she also cried in front of her cousin. Even the willing letter said 'give up your false self' (Viki translation). Nothing is written about the love of the king that is not reciprocated. 

50760743831_a200337ddb.jpg

This is her true problem, she mentioned before trying to end her own life. And I believe further episodes will provide deeper meaning about this, the reason behind what she said and the reason why she committed suicide.

50760845917_4631f539bb_c.jpg

28 minutes ago, maria_m2me said:

Yups that makes sense. The same soul. Actually that's almost similar like the novel explanation (but there's no explanation in Chinese drama version). Chef is the future rencarnation of the Queen. Because the Queen want to die meanwhile the chef want to live, he need to stay in Queen's body.

---

There would be in one scene, The King said this to the Queen, he said that after all that happened, finally he recalled all their memories together and he realized that what he felt to Concubine actually was pity.

I am sorry to cut your post in the middle. Btw I watched the web series. However, I didn't know the novel explained the Chef is the future reincarnation of the Queen. I only watched the drama version. Anyway, thank you so much! @maria_m2me I probably will skim/read the novel after episode 5 and 6  

For chingus here who don't know, this is the link of the original novel that I found in English language: https://www.readlightnovel.org/the-promotion-record-of-a-crown-princess/chapter-1

About that one scene you mention, I actually watched it dozens of times because I loved it so much. This is my favorite scene throughout the series. It full of angst and finally the king suffered a little bit, lol. He loves her while she hated him to the bones. And all the hate is gone because all of her hopes toward him disappear completely. OMG.

Spoiler

50760798951_b008bfbcd9_c.jpg

• Like 3

Look, someone is fallin! Wohoo!

Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

credit to the owner

So a comment mentioned that their real final day of filming is 31/12. I'm confused because I thought they already finish filming but no matter what I'm really truly super thankful for their hard work.

credit to the owner

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

46 minutes ago, Sejabin said:

This is interesting. If she loves the king, why did she let herself to be kissed by her cousin.. I think in the ancient time, people were more conservative than we are today..

The thing is, we don't know the relationship dynamic between Soyong and Byeong-in yet. They might be potentially lovers in the past. In the c-drama, the queen really aware the ninth-prince's feelings. She relied on him and trusted him MORE than her own husband. She believed he'd protect herlife no matter what, while the king hated her or wanted to kill her, there's always the ninth-prince. But she said she couldn't be with him because she's the King's wife. It's like a bond for her. In the kdrama, when Soyong kissed Byeong-in, she had not married yet to the King. She even planned to take her own life before the marriage happens.

50760941152_b5d3f77173.jpg

I think we will get more flashbacks of their relationship in tonight's episode.

46 minutes ago, Sejabin said:

And the same questions come again inside my head.. if she loves him, why she threw herself into the lake just a night before her wedding? .. did she love him but also did not want to marry him and being his queen?

If I put into her shoes who sees everything around her is a lie, I would say, marriage is just a surface. Superficial celebration to get a status in front of others. Marriage doesn't equal happiness and love anyway. And lies are what she retires from, that's why she doesn't care about her status in front of others, whether to be seen as a queen or not.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

My mind when I see Kim Jung Hyun in a scenes under the rain:

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Poor king LOOL

credit to the owner

I'm rooting for his majesty when I see this scene. He trying to reform and become a good ruler for his people:tears:

credit to the owner

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

Of course I will smile whenever I'm watching you onscreen your majesty.

As long as the screenwriter don't become sadist and kill off your character in this drama.

Monsters Inc Reaction GIF by filmeditor

credit to the owner

I'm curious who will die and who will be with the queen's maid, Hong Yeon at the end?

credit to the owner

The interpretation of this scene is hilarious.

But if it is Bong Hwan, it is not impossible:lol:

credit to the owner

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

I am sorry to cut your post in the middle. Btw I watched the web series. However, I didn't know the novel explained the Chef is the future reincarnation of the Queen. I only watched the drama version. Anyway, thank you so much! @maria_m2me I probably will skim/read the novel after episode 5 and 6  

For chingus here who don't know, this is the link of the original novel that I found in English language: https://www.readlightnovel.org/the-promotion-record-of-a-crown-princess/chapter-1

About that one scene you mention, I actually watched it dozens of times because I loved it so much. This is my favorite scene throughout the series. It full of angst and finally the king suffered a little bit, lol. He loves her while she hated him to the bones. And all the hate is gone because all of her hopes toward him disappear completely. OMG.

Reveal hidden contents

Actually in novel it said it was a mistake from The God (I dunno how he said the name of the God), actually that man should be in woman form and the woman (the real queen) should be a man.

Spoiler

Oh ya, I remember the God ever brought to see how the real queen in man form and that real queen became a gay. That's from novel

5 hours ago, Kaizen68 said:

The thing is, we don't know the relationship dynamic between Soyong and Byeong-in yet. They might be potentially lovers in the past. In the c-drama, the queen really aware the ninth-prince's feelings. She relied on him and trusted him MORE than her own husband. She believed he'd protect herlife no matter what, while the king hated her or wanted to kill her, there's always the ninth-prince. But she said she couldn't be with him because she's the King's wife. It's like a bond for her. In the kdrama, when Soyong kissed Byeong-in, she had not married yet to the King. She even planned to take her own life before the marriage happens.

Yeah I remember that, the Queen said that's king's karma because the king didn't care the queen before, only care about the concubine, but actually the ninth prince love the queen.

Just remember when the Queen made pocket for the ninth prince. The Queen only made 2, but one for the King, that because the king asked the queen, but that's different for the ninth prince, the Queen made for the ninth prince because she wanted to... That's why the King became super jealous when he saw that pocket wallet for the ninth prince [they said pocket wallet was alike love token]

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1

Yay, few hours more for the next episode!

I remember Shin Hye Sun mentioned in their interview that Kim Jung Hyun is the king of adlibs:lol:

credit to the owner

Wow, interesting info.

In the history that I read, King Cheoljong died around 32 years old without male heir.

I also read a comment mentioned that King Cheoljong and Queen Cheorin had a prince together but their prince died after about 6 months. So sad:tears:

credit to the owner

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Shin Hye Sun And Kim Jung Hyun’s Dynamic Begins To Change In “Mr. Queen”

1764c70ce9374e7ab444841f966030b8.jpeg?s=

Dec 26, 2020
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Mr. Queen” has shared a sneak peek of the changing relationship between its two leads!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Mr. Queen,” Kim So Yong (played by Shin Hye Sun) succeeded into getting into Queen Sunwon (Bae Jong Ok)’s good graces. After winning her over, Kim So Yong managed to convince the powerful queen to give her permission to refill the lake with water.

However, things took an unexpected turn when King Cheoljong (played by Kim Jung Hyun) threw himself into danger in order to save the life of Jo Hwa Jin (Seol In Ah), who was being framed for the attempted murder of Kim So Yong. Feeling invincible and full of determination, Kim So Yong suddenly jumped into the fray to rescue them both, declaring in front of Queen Sunwon that it had actually been an attempted suicide.

On December 26, “Mr. Queen” unveiled new stills from its upcoming episode that tease a change in the dynamic between Kim So Yong and Cheoljong, who has become more and more intrigued by the unexpected changes in his queen’s behavior. Although he initially harbored disdain for Kim So Yong and even believed that she was behind the plot to frame Jo Hwa Jin, Cheoljong begins to see her in a different light.

In the newly released stills, Kim So Yong is unable to contain her joy as she celebrates the pouring rain. Unafraid of getting soaked, she stands in the rain and welcomes it with open arms—only to be interrupted by her husband, who comes upon the drenched Kim So Yong and hurriedly attempts to cover her with his umbrella.

Although Kim So Yong amusingly responds to his concern with an annoyed pout, the worried look in Cheoljong’s eye as he tries to keep her dry hints at his evolving feelings about her.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1445424wpp/shin-hye-sun-and-kim-jung-hyuns-dynamic-begins-to-change-in-mr-queen

• Like 3

LOL

Spoiler

As expected the king saved the chef. 

Also it’s hard not to ship the leads when their chemistry is so strong.

From the Episode 6 preview:

Spoiler

78-C67-C7-B-6-EE3-4-D3-D-BBAE-4-C835-C35

What the hell???? Was I wrong about the queen and chef being the same soul? Did the queen actually slip into a chef’s body in the future and is hitting on guys now??!

• Like 4