[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

Watched the first episode and I have to say that I really enjoyed the laughs.

Some thoughts:

• Oppa (Choi Jin Hyuk) played a sleazy casanova and a narcissist. I've never seen him in a role like this before (he's always playing such upstanding characters normally). What a treat :joy:
    5B6IReG.gif?noredirect
    Was glad to hear oppa's voice over throughout the first episode. I have no idea if we'll hear more of his voice. I sure hope so. :love:
  • Like @aisling said it will be interesting to see how they tackle the fact that Chef Jang is trapped in a woman's body and now he is a wife.
    I have a suspicion that he will start remembering her memories and past, and that will pave the way for romance. In any case, I think it's going to be a fun ride.
  • I was laughing so hard in the last scene when we saw that casanova chef Jang had finally met his match - his husband is a casanova too. hahah :joy:
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

Hi chingus, I watched this drama for SHS so I had high expectations and it did not disappoint me. It was so freaking funny. Everything is brilliant. The 2 mini songs by SHS were delightful hahaha. I am so happy to have 2 comic dramas to watch every week since now !!!! 

In episode 1, the King said he was with the coming soon first concubine during Cheorin’s lake accident ? Did he lie in order to protect her first love ? Thanks :)

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Man, it's been a while since a kdrama makes me laugh out loud like this during its premier (a plus also because it makes me crawl out from my cave  and dropping out a comment here)

Hisashiburi everybody!

Shin Hye Sun is awesome as always. Looking forward to see how the writer develop the plot. Hopefully if there is any romance in it, they could deliver it in a good way.

For now, am going to enjoy the ride (hopefully could stick until the end, which I rarely do these days :sweat_smile:)

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

I hope this show will be consistently good! I love SHS and KJH so much so it's a perfect combination to have them both star in this drama. Right now, I'm also getting more interested about the backstory of So-Yong, looks like she is in love with the King, but the King is in love with someone else who seems to be... the bad one? I wonder if the show will ever revive the real So-Yong's "soul" at some point, but Bong-Hwan in Queen's body is so much fun :joy:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, jannedrumsit said:

I wonder if the show will ever revive the real So-Yong's "soul" at some point, but Bong-Hwan in Queen's body is so much fun :joy:

It will be crazy if the writer choose to make both original So-Yong soul and Bong-Hwan soul share the same body like what happen in The Eternal Love S1 (C-drama). The people at the palace might think that the Queen has gone totally crazy if this happen :D 

Anyway, I read that this drama is actually inspired by a Chinese novel,  (also adapted in drama as Go Princess Go). But the drama has few alternate endings tho...

I saw Go Princess Go poster,and man, the emperor's face there seriously reminded me of our king here in Mr. Queen :o

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

this scene is so funny   Goodbye  my dragon, I’m  so sad that I no longer want to pee  , even my tears dried up :mrgreen:

This is turning out to be such a naughty show. He mourns for his and says bye bye to his 'yong yong' (dragon dragon) LoL, and after s/he steps out walking back, s/he says, "I don't have a dragon, and no dragon balls either" :crazily:

giphy.gif

This was a challenging episode to follow even for native speakers - so many cast of characters introduced, had me pausing often to keep it all straight. I hope the subbed version is done well.

While some of the base humor (and there were many innuendos and not-so-innuendo puns all over the 100 minute episode) may get lost in translation, there was plenty of slapstick and physical comedy, which I think my dear actress loves to challenge herself with, so it made for a whacky, still completely unpredictable story - sure to attract more viewers to see where it all goes.

:heart2::kaching1:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2