[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

This is my kind of ending... They could’ve showed us Cheoljong’s reincarnation in the future to ease our pain. 

The amount of viewers who are really disappointed and mad at the ending is telling. 

I just don’t understand how people are perfectly OK with the ending where a supposed female lead appears for the last 5 minutes and someone else already won the heart of a male lead for her. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1

Haha:lol:

credit to the owner

Chae Seo Eun (Hong Yeon) feeling shy when her senior Kim Jung Hyun give her hug and patted her head after final filming is so cute:lol:

Shin Hye Sun laughing teasingly at Chae Seo Eun reaction and Kim Jung Hyun laughing casually after patting Chae Seo Eun head is so funny LOL.

Chae Seo Eun is like Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun little sister aww:wub:

credit to the owner

Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun, please act together as a couple again in another drama!:tears:

credit to the owner

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 2

People wouldn’t be okay with the ending if everything remained the same, but Jang Bong Hwan was a woman instead. Imagine, like Scarlet Heart Ryeo, she has to return to her original timeline, that’s just too sad.

No wonder, the King still misses ‘the Queen‘, although she is with him:bawling:

The only person who knew of BongHwan was the Creepy Cousin, and even HE died. Wth.
Even a low-budget chinese webdrama like Tiger & Rose managed a solid ending, both romance and logic wise, and I have such a renewed appreciation for it.

The ending for Mr. Queen is a lot like somebody switched out the King’s wife with her Twin who has a different personality. But screw that, she still ‘looks’ like his wife so I guess it’s okay?! Ruined the whole ‘romantic vibe’ around it! :/

• Like 12
  • Sad 4

Hi Chingus :)

I have been a very silent lurker on this thread, but thank you so so so much to all of you that have kept this thread going and providing insights for the rest of us!!!:glee:

I had been on a bit of a K-drama slump the last few months of 2020, probably for the first time in my 8 years of being an avid watcher. Mr. Queen certainly brought me out of that slump. 

This was genuinely a comedic series, and what a joy to watch week after week! Equally, my week would get filled up watching the behind the scenes, IG updates, YouTube updates.

The series was not perfect, but the sheer elation I got from watching SHS and the undeniable chemistry between the SHS and KJH was what captivated me. Although I am usually indifferent to ratings, I am super happy for the cast and crew, they worked hard and it is great to see them get recognition.

For me, episodes 18 and 19 felt disjointed, I felt that the palace setting was where this drama was in it's element. 

I am somewhat disappointed by the ending. We had all seen the development of SB and CJ and there is no doubt that CJ loved SB for the way he/she was/is. Equally SB also fell in love with CJ. 

However, I guess the signs were always there that SY was just lurking in the shadows and that she was going to make a come back sooner or later.

Initially I thought the "last" kiss scene, just after their return to the palace was just a prelude for in case one of them got killed; it really was more than that, in fact. Probably at some subconscious level SB knew this was the last time they would truly be together. Also, on the rock cliff, SB has flashbacks of SY's memories. 

Another thing is that SY was also known to not be "quiet" when she first entered the palace and once SB completely returns to the future, we still see some of SBs characteristics come out. So I guess in some ways they had similar characteristics, but the period they lived in dictated how they could/should behave.

In effect it is a happy ending, SY gains the love of CJ, CJ has learnt to love and care and JBH has a new perspective on life. 

I guess for me the two heartbreaking points were 1) CJ feeling like something was missing while looking at the "Queen's dictionary", yet not really realising that SB is completely gone. Whatever changes he would eventually realise I guess would be justified as her becoming a mother, etc. 2) JBH has the saddest ending of all - he just went through a tumultuous set of emotions and making connections and then finds himself all alone.:please:

If I had had any say in the ending, I would have wanted SY have inhabited JBH. She wanted to get away from the palace and here was the perfect way. JBH would have carried on navigating his way through life as SB and charming the socks of everyone in the palace.

I also feel that the writer missed an opportunity here to portray a relationship between two men, in a conservative way, (considering that we are not yet that open in the K-drama space, atleast in the main lead domain).

All in all though, nothing takes away the fact that this was one of the best dramas I have watched in a while. What will the weekends look like now?????

:cutekitty:

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

21 minutes ago, Chibi8535 said:

People wouldn’t be okay with the ending if everything remained the same, but Jang Bong Hwan was a woman instead. Imagine, like Scarlet Heart Ryeo, she has to return to her original timeline, that’s just too sad.

No wonder, the King still misses ‘the Queen‘, although she is with him:bawling:

The only person who knew of BongHwan was the Creepy Cousin, and even HE died. Wth.
Even a low-budget chinese webdrama like Tiger & Rose managed a solid ending, both romance and logic wise, and I have such a renewed appreciation for it.

The ending for Mr. Queen is a lot like somebody switched out the King’s wife with her Twin who has a different personality. But screw that, she still ‘looks’ like his wife so I guess it’s okay?! Ruined the whole ‘romantic vibe’ around it! :/

Tiger & Rose is a web drama so it has lower barriers to overcome though. A few years ago, right after Go Princess Go, I heard that China would ban these time/space/book travel type of dramas but there are more of them each year... T&R is also a straight up Male x Female story so they have more advantages. One thing though, I love that the male lead found out that the female lead was someone else from another world and was constantly worried that she would go back to her world (At least that's what I remember; it's one year already)

Can't believe I would say this a few years after it ended, but I would gladly take any of Go Princess Go's 3 endings over Mr. Queen's anytime:

1) They are both killed; BH wakes up in the present and he meets CJ again-- now working as a doctor at the hospital (The original ending)

2) They both live happily ever after in the past

3) Show-within-a-show: It ends with a filming crew wrapping up the drama which is actually about the 3 young concubines-- The King and Queen are actually small and supporting characters but it turns out the actor and actress playing them are a couple irl.

• Like 8

Oh dear... haven’t watched the eps yet but all these responses sounds worrying... don’t know if there will be a good way to end it. 
gpg did not succeed either though the original web novel did end it well.

Im going to assume that both BH n SY are the same soul but in different time lines... because SY was quite brave in the beginning ... just that the enormity of the opposition in that time was beyond what she could overcome.

BH with his male and modern sensibilities may not have viewed certain things as obstacles like a Joseon woman would.
Plus she was already been rejected by CJ at that point.

BH did not have that baggage initially so could diss CJ without caring...which was the same premise in GPG( ie princess 2.0 didn’t give a damn over his opinion whereas the original princess loved him so was “ vindictive “ over the 2nd lead issue)

just getting to know each other without baggage...

They probably should have devoted more airtime to SY be it in flashbacks etc...

that’s what I’m telling myself......

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I haven't watched ep 19 and 20 yet. I was waiting for subs for both so I can watch uninterrupted...but I've been reading the posts here  (still catching up actually) and from you all have posted, the worst case scenario of an ending (in my view anyway) is what they went with.

So from what I understand, they had SY miraculously come back and reap what BH has sown.  Totally unearned. Leaving BH, back in Seoul but separated from the friends he's made, the family he formed with CJ and the baby, all without even a chance to say goodbye.

They've done BH wrong, so very wrong.

He did all the heavy lifting, faced the dangers, risked his life, turned the palace upside down, changed his whole mentality, chose to accept his feelings for another man, accepted being in a female body, accepted that he is pregnant...

Just when he was fully committed to his life in Joseon and all this entailed, he is thrown back to modern day Seoul after the fight is won. 

I guess he's no longer needed so off he goes.  Such a cruel treatment of the main character.

The words he scratched on that rock proved prophetic - in the end, he really did "come here for nothing".

I feared that they would do this when details on the spin off came out.  It felt like they were trying to course correct and pad up the pairing between SY and CJ when there was nothing in the series at all.  If they didn't have that spin off scene, it will be even harder to accept the ending.

I'm already so disappointed and I haven't even watched it yet...What were they thinking?!

Is it really bec they thought conservative Korea would not be able to accept male BH in the Queen's body staying with CJ?  If that were so, then ratings would not have been so good and steady even in the episodes with clear romantic scenes between the 2.  There have even been some BL short web dramas from Korea I've noticed on YT recently...

I theorize that for all the seeming adventurousness in taking on this fantasy sageuk romantic comedy fusion with BL hints, the production team still in the end lacked the creativity and courage to go beyond the usual expected "love at first sight" (supposed), Childhood lovers, destined lovers tropes.  Happy ending means everyone wins, all tied with a neat bow, everyone back in their proper place.

But BH and CJ would be opposite that, it is a love earned through getting to know the other person through ups and downs, and learning to love them warts and all.  It had nothing to do with love at first sight, neither of them are the type. It isn't a destined love either. It feels like they fought to be together, fought internal and external obstacles..

Having BH stay in Joseon would have meant a loss, he would have chosen to sacrifice and leave that life behind to be with CJ and his baby.

That would have been a more powerful message than being sent back and magically everything is ok.

But only on the surface. Maybe he is back in his "proper" place but he would have lost everything that he gained and that truly mattered.

The way it was done, they cheapened the momentous choice he made. He chose to go "All In" with CJ knowing it would change things. He finally chose to commit to who he was in Joseon - the queen, a wife, a mother.

It would have been impactful if when he was sent back, he's given the choice, stay or go. And he chose to stay. It would have shown a significant growth in his character. I've commented before that BH's character really hadn't shown much growth, and they left it quite late in the series.

And they made too much of SY's character who has been absent the whole series.   

If they wanted her to be end game, and if she was supposed to be in there somewhere, a passive observer/passenger, then they should have allowed her to surface once in a while. Or at least have her interact internally with BH so that her presence is felt. Let us get to know her.

Instead, it feels like she hijacked the ending out of nowhere.    

Why couldn't they at least have had CJ be reincarnated in present day Seoul and have him meet BH??!!

That might have helped soothe the sting of that ending a tiny bit. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

K-netz comments about ep 20

[Naver TV] ‘Mr Queen’ Final Episode 20 Comments and Reactions

Shin Hyesun’s soul has remained completely after Choi Jinhyuk’s departure! Making sure that she and Kim Junghyun are both alive 

Screenshot-2021-02-14-at-92608-pm.jpg

1. [+1677][-4] Shin Hyesun is incredible at acting. Look at her changing her tone of voice when she’s acting as soon as Jang Bonghwan leaves the body (shudder)

2. [+1279][-6] So the real Soyong was still alive ㅠㅠㅠㅠ But what’s up with the acting tone immediately changing as soon as she turns into the real Soyong ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Acting Gods

3. [+935][-17] I know I have to support the happy ending, no matter who it’s with but why do I keep wishing for a happy ending with So-bong…

4. [+792][-7] Huh, so the person who Cheoljong loved was Bonghwan + Soyong but now that he’s gone back to modern society, Cheoljong will now live with the real Soyong?

5. [+684][-3] Wow, Shin Hyesun is so great at acting ㅠㅠㅠㅠ I was amazed by her polarised acting when she went from Sobong to Soyong

Tears running down Kim Junghyun’s face after Shin Hyesun makes it through the life-or-death situation 

Spoiler

Screenshot-2021-02-14-at-92742-pm-1.jpg

1. [+1123][-2] Judging by the fact that he managed to survive the harsh conditions, I’m sure Uhhungie will grow up to become a great man ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+985][-2] No but what’s incredible is that he managed to immediately realise that Sobong has become Soyong because of her facial expressions and tone of voice…

3. [+900][-12] Thank you writer-nim… But… But… Why are you separating Sobong now ㅜㅜㅜ

4. [+739][-3] It’s a relief that both Soyong and the baby managed to survive ㅜㅜㅜ

5. [+562][-4] Our Jjeong is crying like a baby and ah, my heart hurts ㅠㅠ

Because of the changed past, Choi Jinhyuk’s present has changed as well…?! 

Screenshot-2021-02-14-at-92020-pm.jpg

1. [+1747][-4] No but who draws a King’s face like that ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+1074][-6] Given the situation, I hope Bonghwan lives happily in modern society as well…

3. [+1059][-6] Bonghwan-ah ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Why am I getting sentimental… ㅠㅠㅠㅠ What will he do if he misses Cheoljong-ie ㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+993][-6] I know that it should be that Soyong is Soyong and Bonghwan is Bonghwan but why do I miss So-bong so much… ㅠㅠㅠㅠ So-bong-ah ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+862][-9] I thought it was So-bong who the King loved was…?

[Ending] Dripping with honey The eye contact full of adoration between Shin Hyesun X Kim Junghyun, who can’t seem to get enough of each other 

Screenshot-2021-02-14-at-91905-pm.jpg

1. [+3355][-30] I think this might be the best ending. I know that Bonghwan is a charming character but if he remained in Soyong’s body, he’d be there as a man so it’d be better if they separated into two bodies. This would mean that Soyong will become a more tenacious person like Bonghwan and I think Bonghwan will be okay in modern society as well. But what am I going to watch next week ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+2361][-12] I really hoped that they’d show the baby ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ It’s a shame

3. [+2215][-15] Oh wow… I was really expecting the baby being born and the two gushing over the kid… ㅠㅠㅠㅜ What a shame…

4. [+1855][-17] Please can they meet in the modern society spin-off version – I can’t let them go ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+1453][-11] As long as Soyong and Cheoljong are happy, I’m happy too. But I miss the times when it was So-bong ㅜㅜ Bonghwan had to leave after enduring all the hardships (?) and only had the happy times left but he had to return in futility – I hope you are happy as well ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

source: https://netizen-kore.com/2021/02/naver-tv-mr-queen-final-episode-20-comments-and-reactions.html

Personal comment from @partyon :
Looks like also the k-netz were divided when it comes to the ending....
I am still to watch the episode with subs :(

• Like 7
  • Thanks 10

26 minutes ago, cdcotr said:

I haven't watched ep 19 and 20 yet. I was waiting for subs for both so I can watch uninterrupted...but I've been reading the posts here  (still catching up actually) and from you all have posted, the worst case scenario of an ending (in my view anyway) is what they went with.

So from what I understand, they had SY miraculously come back and reap what BH has sown.  Totally unearned. Leaving BH, back in Seoul but separated from the friends he's made, the family he formed with CJ and the baby, all without even a chance to say goodbye.

They've done BH wrong, so very wrong.

He did all the heavy lifting, faced the dangers, risked his life, turned the palace upside down, changed his whole mentality, chose to accept his feelings for another man, accepted being in a female body, accepted that he is pregnant...

Just when he was fully committed to his life in Joseon and all this entailed, he is thrown back to modern day Seoul after the fight is won. 

I guess he's no longer needed so off he goes.  Such a cruel treatment of the main character.

The words he scratched on that rock proved prophetic - in the end, he really did "come here for nothing".

I feared that they would do this when details on the spin off came out.  It felt like they were trying to course correct and pad up the pairing between SY and CJ when there was nothing in the series at all.  If they didn't have that spin off scene, it will be even harder to accept the ending.

I'm already so disappointed and I haven't even watched it yet...What were they thinking?!

Is it really bec they thought conservative Korea would not be able to accept male BH in the Queen's body staying with CJ?  If that were so, then ratings would not have been so good and steady even in the episodes with clear romantic scenes between the 2.  There have even been some BL short web dramas from Korea I've noticed on YT recently...

I theorize that for all the seeming adventurousness in taking on this fantasy sageuk romantic comedy fusion with BL hints, the production team still in the end lacked the creativity and courage to go beyond the usual expected "love at first sight" (supposed), Childhood lovers, destined lovers tropes.  Happy ending means everyone wins, all tied with a neat bow, everyone back in their proper place.

But BH and CJ would be opposite that, it is a love earned through getting to know the other person through ups and downs, and learning to love them warts and all.  It had nothing to do with love at first sight, neither of them are the type. It isn't a destined love either. It feels like they fought to be together, fought internal and external obstacles..

Having BH stay in Joseon would have meant a loss, he would have chosen to sacrifice and leave that life behind to be with CJ and his baby.

That would have been a more powerful message than being sent back and magically everything is ok.

But only on the surface. Maybe he is back in his "proper" place but he would have lost everything that he gained and that truly mattered.

The way it was done, they cheapened the momentous choice he made. He chose to go "All In" with CJ knowing it would change things. He finally chose to commit to who he was in Joseon - the queen, a wife, a mother.

It would have been impactful if when he was sent back, he's given the choice, stay or go. And he chose to stay. It would have shown a significant growth in his character. I've commented before that BH's character really hadn't shown much growth, and they left it quite late in the series.

And they made too much of SY's character who has been absent the whole series.   

If they wanted her to be end game, and if she was supposed to be in there somewhere, a passive observer/passenger, then they should have allowed her to surface once in a while. Or at least have her interact internally with BH so that her presence is felt. Let us get to know her.

Instead, it feels like she hijacked the ending out of nowhere.    

Why couldn't they at least have had CJ be reincarnated in present day Seoul and have him meet BH??!!

That might have helped soothe the sting of that ending a tiny bit. 

I was sobbing uncontrollably when I realised they chose to go with the worst possible ending.

No explanation of how the whole body possession worked, how SY and BH connected for him to able to take control over her body, nothing.

She just magically came back with “I was there all along” explanation. Cheoljong became the man he is now thanks to Bong Hwan and the drama clearly showed us Cheoljong loving Bong Hwan and Bong Hwan accepting his feelings for Cheoljong. 

As I said before I wouldn’t be this pissed if they made BH/CJ relationship platonic but no. They went all in with kisses, touches, first night, and pregnancy.

Why did they make us watch Bong Hwan struggling with his sexual identity when in the end it fking didn’t matter.

And yes, they didn’t even show us the closure between BH/CJ. Like no closure at all, BH just went back to the future alone without saying goodbye to anyone. Does it make any sense? And Cheoljong who get to know Bong Hwan’s personality in and out didn’t even notice that a person who he loved despite all the flaws was gone? Seriously, it looks like episode 20 was written by someone else.

He thinks his brilliant wife is trying to prank him but that person is already long gone.

Like this was the last line of the whole drama, everybody.

• Like 13
  • Sad 9
  • Blob 1

sort of lost interest to watch the episode with subs - watched the raw version of the spinoffs - this is the last image from there - SY and SB's smiles are also so different! I'm just going with this ending you all - the other ending is beyond heartbreaking - just imagining poor CJ not really understanding what's happening and having to live with it - gawd, it's too much :sad1::brokenheart:
spacer.png

• Like 8
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, cenching said:

There are 2 extreme camps everywhere.....:gangnamstyle:

add.

I am agree with some people who said that SY is the second HJ.

yeah - why didn't she come clean :angry: - at least there would have been some closure for CJ and she herself wouldn't feel like an imposter - writers - at least do a proper job with the characterisation and justification 
why did her initial "spark" just disappear like that? and it doesn't come back even towards the end - they basically didn't have any real characterisation for SY - it's too botched up and jarring 

• Like 15
  • Blob 1

Finally saw the last episode with subs...

1. I tot it was a 2nd baby when it was revealed at the lake that the baby kicked the tummy.. i know it sound silly but the fact that both mother and child could survived a bullet within a day, bleeding heavily hence her confrontation with Dowager Empress was impressive if not unrealistic?... 

2. I liked that the ending ie, SY came bk and BH went bk to his modern self. I mean, we are talking about south korea, with high confucian values, so no BL allowed, if ever... why so much emotion over it?

..:lol: it is just a drama.

3. Its good that SY went and visited KBI's grave... until the end, he protected her... the other stories of the king's buddies could have been cut short coz it doesnt really add value. Would it be possible for the king's brother to wed his ex-concubine, i wonder?

4. That hair piece of the queen dowager.. i mean whyyy.. huge and ugly? No.. also the king and the officials' belts, why is it so huge?

5. It should probably be a 16 episodes drama rather than a 20 episodes drama, at point it was kinda draggy and uneventful.. but its all over now... it was a okay drama, some funny moments:D

• Like 2
  • Blob 4

6 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

yeah - why didn't she come clean :angry: - at least there would have been some closure for CJ and she herself wouldn't feel like an imposter - writers - at least do a proper job with the characterisation and justification 
why did her initial "spark" just disappear like that? and it doesn't come back even towards the end - they basically didn't have any real characterisation for SY - it's too botched up and jarring 

Should we say SY is worse than HJ because at least HJ realised her mistakes and redeemed herself unlike SY who just laughs and brushes everything under her Hanbok??

Despite the crappy ending, I have to say that I'm totally amaze with SHS and KJH's acting. I would watch anything with any of them in the future preferably 2 of them in one work, of course.

The scene of SY on her bed writhing in pains made me had a kind of phantom pains too, KJH visibly turned pale at the sight of his beloved wife in agony. Such raw feelings.... SHS is superb, I can easily distinguish her SB from her SY. She transformed completely from head to toes. KJH is the best as whipped puppy hubs....

• Like 16
  • Blob 1

23 minutes ago, aisling said:

I was sobbing uncontrollably when I realised they chose to go with the worst possible ending.

No explanation of how the whole body possession worked, how SY and BH connected for him to able to take control over her body, nothing.

She just magically came back with “I was there all along” explanation. Cheoljong became the man he is now thanks to Bong Hwan and the drama clearly showed us Cheoljong loving Bong Hwan and Bong Hwan accepting his feelings for Cheoljong. 

As I said before I wouldn’t be this pissed if they made BH/CJ relationship platonic but no. They went all in with kisses, touches, first night, and pregnancy.

Why did they make us watch Bong Hwan struggling with his sexual identity when in the end it fking didn’t matter.

And yes, they didn’t even show us the closure between BH/CJ. Like no closure at all, BH just went back to the future alone without saying goodbye to anyone. Does it make any sense? And Cheoljong who get to know Bong Hwan’s personality in and out didn’t even notice that a person who he loved despite all the flaws was gone? Seriously, it looks like episode 20 was written

He thinks his brilliant wife is trying to prank him but that person is already long gone.

Like this was the last line of the whole drama, everybody.

As I said, they, the writers went out splendidly, yup they made azzes of themselves. The last episode turned everything a very large plothole! I am sure that CJ is wondering where his arrogant, trashtalking queen of his has gone. He loves that in SB. He knows that it is inherent in her personality, surely the writers didn't think it would last like that. LOL! Have they never experienced true love?  When you love a person, minute changes in their personality will be the first thing you will notice. 

I don't know if it was justified that HJ was pretending to be the savior gets kicked out of the palace, doesn't this make SY the HJ the second? Pretending to be someone she isn't? HJ didn't save the King, SY didn't save the banquet. She was not a lot of things in this drama LOL! It was only the body that was her. The body who jumped into the lake.

I get the feeling that the episodes of 1-19.5 was written by one author then the last .5 was written by an entirely different author. Because the progression of the story made no sense at all. 

It became an entirely different story at the end.

• Like 13
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Ms. Koala's views of the last episode:

http://koalasplayground.com/2021/02/14/final-episode-of-tvn-sageuk-queen-cheorin-brings-ratings-high-of-17-371-and-plenty-of-heated-commentary-about-the-ending/

She wrote e.g.:

For me, the ending I thought the writer would go with (if safe if not totally nonsensical) so my heart goes out to all diehard fans. Don't worry, such pain will recede with time and also becomes a toughening lesson in drama shipping.

14649e9a8f70c103194525967138.gif

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cenching said:

Should we say SY is worse than HJ because at least HJ realised her mistakes and redeemed herself unlike SY who just laughs and brushes everything under her Hanbok??

so true! I wonder - didn't SHS and KJH feel it was way-off the trajectory of the drama's original romance line? 
SY as the "virtuous/perfect" queen feels like a fraud and a very one dimensional passive character - I mean where was the woman who abused the servants like we saw in the flashbacks - it looks like the real SY actually died and some other imposter SY is in her place - shouldn't her bright personality come back now since she has everything? 
I don't know why I'm giving myself a headache thinking about this :isannoyed:

7 minutes ago, partyon said:

Ms. Koala's views of the last episode:

http://koalasplayground.com/2021/02/14/final-episode-of-tvn-sageuk-queen-cheorin-brings-ratings-high-of-17-371-and-plenty-of-heated-commentary-about-the-ending/

She wrote e.g.:

For me, the ending I thought the writer would go with (if safe if not totally nonsensical) so my heart goes out to all diehard fans. Don't worry, such pain will recede with time and also becomes a toughening lesson in drama shipping.

I hope so - won't be watching any time-travel/soul-swap sageuks from Korea now :joy:

18 minutes ago, cenching said:

Despite the crappy ending, I have to say that I'm totally amaze with SHS and KJH's acting. I would watch anything with any of them in the future preferably 2 of them in one work, of course.

The scene of SY on her bed writhing in pains made me had a kind of phantom pains too, KJH visibly turned pale at the sight of his beloved wife in agony. Such raw feelings.... SHS is superb, I can easily distinguish her SB from her SY. She transformed completely from head to toes. KJH is the best as whipped puppy hubs....

I'm also in awe of them, their emotions directly reach us and hit us hard - will definitely watch their future dramas - they must be in high demand now - so looking forward for their next projects - and praying that their future co-actors can match their high calibre! :partyblob:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3