[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

CNN Indonesia posted an interview with Jung Hyun. I don’t understand either Korean or Indonesian but from the reactions of fans he’s a very introspective person and he apparently impressed everyone with his vast knowledge of Indonesia.

I post Mr Queen related questions here, the rest of interesting tidbits will be posted in his thread.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

https://www.cnnindonesia.com/hiburan/20210215125606-238-606339/video-wawancara-eksklusif-bintang-mr-queen-kim-jung-hyun

The link to the IV

Finally there is Q about his skincare and he said he doesn't have any special skin regimen. Instead of using many kinds of lotion or essence, he's only using one type of lotion (Brand??? KJH, please???)

His knowledge about Indonesia came from Wikipedia, I think....:joy: So Indonesia in Korean is Inni, the same in Mandarin...He's been to Indonesia once.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Had to come out of lurk mode.  I'm not happy with how Mr. Queen ended.  I really loved SB and CJ.  I could watch two, three more seasons of their antics.  BUT maybe they could do a real spinoff?  This is just my fanfiction:

A lot of us were unhappy that JBH wound up in the future alone. What if they picked the story back up with the CJ's wish that he and SY could meet one day not as king and queen but as regular people. JBH could be SY's descendent somehow and CJ's descendent could now be...a woman?!  

They could have JBH finally coming to terms that he loved CJ, finding out that he's a descendent of SY and then trying to find out who CJ is. They could also have JBH struggling with readjusting to being a man again.  Since he was in the Queen's body, he now understands women better and has changed.  I think it'd be funny having him struggle with his playboy side and his newfound feminine side.

On the other hand, they could have CJ's descendent be a woman that's rough around the edges and manly.  I feel like that would be fun to see a more feminine JBH and manly woman-version of CJ.  (I think it would be fun to see him get emotional or feeling like he's being swept off his feet and try to snap out of it.)  Maybe she's someone that works in the Blue House somehow, like Secret Service.  Or maybe a spy.  That way she has a way to meet the chef JBH.  And she's still like CJ's character and tries to save the world.

Just like our sex maniac couple, they could have JBH and CJ's descendent bonding over erotic stuff.  Maybe JBH would recognize that she is CJ's descendent through that lol.  Like JBH could catch her reading an erotic novel and think to himself that she reminds him of someone lol.  

Anyways, I just totally think there's an opportunity to spin this off and maybe we could get flashbacks of our favorite couple SB and CJ too.  Please writers, make it happen!

spacer.png

• Like 5

I haven’t watched the latest episodes but it didn’t take long for me to know what happened after seeing the words “disappointing” on people’s posts on Tumblr and Twitter

I’m sorry but considering how well the writers did up until this point, why did they only think to about SY up till the last minute. They should’ve had her voice present from the START. By doing this, I would’ve had my expectations in check to how this drama would’ve gone 

Sighhhhhhhhhh, I haven’t been feeling kdramas in awhile with Kingdom being the only expectation and Mr Queen really helped revitalise that but seeing how it ended, I’m not sure if I even want to finish the rest. That being said the lead actors were absolutely fantastic and I hope they’ll headline another project together 

I want to thank everyone on here through this great but ultimately painful journey 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, cdcotr said:

I just wanted to bring up something that stuck with me from the beginning and was never adequately explained. It was brought up in previous page..

It was how SY acted in the palace, punishing maids, court ladies, eunuchs and maybe even kids as they were shown to be scared of her.  She had them punished even for minor if not non-existent faults. 

GQD mentioned that she might have done that to get out of being chosen as queen. Though it was never explicitly confirmed.

If this was her plan, it was cruel and ineffective.

She was vicious and punished innocent people to get out of something she agreed to do.

@xprosperity @yumeaki 

This is what i meant... because in the Bamboo Forest episode 1, we saw that she was kind and not as bad as others imagined her to be... So, im just saying, maybe the writers forgot that, and we still dont know why she went bad in a span of a few days after being confirmed as the Queen Designate.

Since she liked the King, i dont think she would be silly enough to show her bad side, which in the drama, the King is aware of her bad misdeeds before and expected the worst of her, her being Andong Kim clan and all...:lol:

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, tazmin said:

Can’t believe now that the cdrama had the best ending in dramaland 

I was mighty concerned that they'll go down the Cdrama route whereby it was all just an act.... until I was at the receiving end of the Kdrama ending :joy:

Not sure which is more painful lolll. (after a few days, I've recovered from my shock and angst).

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, kimchimandu said:

I was mighty concerned that they'll go down the Cdrama route whereby it was all just an act.... until I was at the receiving end of the Kdrama ending :joy:

Not sure which is more painful lolll. (after a few days, I've recovered from my shock and angst).

I thought I was okay yesterday but listening to the OST is like all piercingly painful now - will hopefully come out of it soon! 

A big thank you to everyone here :foryou: past few weeks were so engaging and fun (discounting the ending) and glad there are many who share the same sentiments regarding the ending. 

@aisling please feel free to tag me in KJH posts or if the PAC squad is revived :joy:

• Like 4

I think it was cleared why SY was behaving badly. To dethroned her.To find her unsuitable to be queen

It was not uncomon for queens to behave badly.

He could not leave by her own, her own clan put her in that position the clan that the grandmother queen belonged to as well. Nor she could ask her dad to take her. She was chosen for a reason, for her clan to become more powerfull, if we remember not even the king could opposed to them. 

So the only way was either to be dethtroned or die. 

(The girl was not a woman to plot a love afair, that would have ashamed her dad)

Thus the grandmother queen told her that if she wants to die to die in the palace. And that she did not become queen by herself.

(The queen was only a decorative jewel or a machine to produce children)

Let us not be prejudiced by the cdrama and the different endings.

Ok maybe the ending was not perfect,( there were some loopholes that would have been avoided just 5 min either in flashbacks or in the story) but from my experience with kdramas the endings never are perfect.

(It was a suitable ending,and i am sure if the writers had thought to  show the queen and the king bickering  and then make up it would have been great. Or SY to come back at ep 19.)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Annie12 said:

I think it was cleared why SY was behaving badly. To dethroned her.To find her unsuitable to be queen

It was not uncomon for queens to behave badly.

He could not leave by her own, her own clan put her in that position the clan that the grandmother queen belonged to as well. Nor she could ask her dad to take her. She was chosen for a reason, for her clan to become more powerfull, if we remember not even the king could opposed to them. 

So the only way was either to be dethtroned or die. 

(The girl was not a woman to plot a love afair, that would have ashamed her dad)

Thus the grandmother queen told her that if she wants to die to die in the palace. And that she did not become queen by herself.

(The queen was only a decorative jewel or a machine to produce children)

Let us not be prejudiced by the cdrama and the different endings.

Ok maybe the ending was not perfect,( there were some loopholes that would have been avoided just 5 min either in flashbacks or in the story) but from my experience with kdramas the endings never are perfect.

(It was a suitable ending,and i am sure if the writers had thought to  show the queen and the king bickering  and then make up it would have been great. Or SY to come back at ep 19.)

No I think we can be prejudiced about the ending because the writers knew what they were going into with the premise hence why they quickly made a spinoff to try and justify the hot mess of an ending. Even the cdrama had three different endings, the novel had a happy ending, so with a sliding scale of endings, all the writers had to was throw a dart between that. But instead they thrown it so off the course that it begs the question of how should this show be analysed on rewatch bc it doesn’t make sense with the rules they set and shown us 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

41 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

@aisling please feel free to tag me in KJH posts or if the PAC squad is revived :joy:

come join us there! It would be nice to have more chinggus fangirling over him 

Till now, I have not watched the last Ep with subs, nor the spin-offs. I have no courage. :cries:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Last time I was ever this mad with a kdrama was The K2. If anyone’s watched will know that the main male lead and the main villainess had such such an electrifying chemistry. Like honestly it was palpable to the point that everyone agreed that the main lead female lead was rendered useless like she was the equivalent of a wet painted wall drying. While I knew the lead and villainess weren’t going to get together, I still had my suspicions of how this was developing and searched for how it ended. Lo and behold, the villainess is shafted so hard despite arguably being the main star of the show. Like I quickly dropped the drama and never went back. 

I don’t know what with these writers but I can’t 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

come join us there! It would be nice to have more chinggus fangirling over him 

Till now, I have not watched the last Ep with subs, nor the spin-offs. I have no courage. :cries:

After I watched the finale live, I didn't feel the need to re-watch it with subs (I lost all interest) - the spin-offs are definitely better, go ahead and watch them :)

Will join you guys at KJH thread :D

4 minutes ago, tazmin said:

Last time I was ever this mad with a kdrama was The K2. If anyone’s watched will know that the main male lead and the main villainess had such such an electrifying chemistry. Like honestly it was palpable to the point that everyone agreed that the main lead female lead was rendered useless like she was the equivalent of a wet painted wall drying. While I knew the lead and villainess weren’t going to get together, I still had my suspicions of how this was developing and searched for how it ended. Lo and behold, the villainess is shafted so hard despite arguably being the main star of the show. Like I quickly dropped the drama and never went back. 

I don’t know what with these writers but I can’t 

I think it's the problem of breaking barriers culturally in a conservative societal set-up - at least that's the explanation I give myself - they are willing to push the boundaries but not break the barriers as they did with Mr. Queen. Sigh

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, shimshimae said:

After I watched the finale live, I didn't feel the need to re-watch it with subs (I lost all interest) - the spin-offs are definitely better, go ahead and watch them :)

I love the spin-offs too

1st one was funny
2nd one really ease the pain - felt much better @shimshimae  though I feel :tears: for Chef Jang

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

I think it's the problem of breaking barriers culturally in a conservative societal set-up - at least that's the explanation I give myself - they are willing to push the boundaries but not break the barriers as they did with Mr. Queen. Sigh

Maybe one day a drama will break the barriers with a team willing to bear the brunt but who knows when that’ll happen.

In the K2, the villainess was significantly older than the male lead so I’m sure it wouldn’t have gone well if they got together or it developed far more than it did 

• Like 2

@shimshimae @Min2206 I think I may watch last Ep with subs because I want to re-watch the parts with the King confronting KJG and taking back his throne, the scene where the King cried because of SY and their baby, and the one where he was punishing (?) the corrupt ministers. I didn’t understand a word he said, but he was so upright and just and passionate and commanding.. wow.. I really need to watch that part again.

gonna go find the spin-offs to watch. Are they all available with subs already?

• Like 2
  • Blob 1