[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

Its really great ending i think, Soyoung is awesome,, and i thing jbh and the king just like a bestfriend,,and jbh want to help the king becoz he admire cj with all his act for his people, and all the romance still happen just becoz ksy always there,, becos after she cameback into her body, she notice and aware about their baby,,

• Like 6

Delurk to share a comment I saw on Weibo.

(not a direct translation) 

Kings usually will show only good look on official portrait. So it's strange they allow CJ's portrait to look so comical. CJ is smart so with time, he will realise the difference of the Queen and believes that SB is really from future. So he commissioned the silly looking portrait to be left for future generation and for BH. Consider that as a love letter to BH. 

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a love letter but I will take this hypothesis as CJ's acknowledgement of future BH to console myself. 

I agree it's hard to have an ending that satisfy everyone. I'm not an advocate for BL (am neutral to it) but I never like those timeslip drama where one of the leads ends up with a doppelganger/reincarnation of his/her love interest from the other timeline. Unless the person just fall for looks and not the personality. CJ may like SY at first sight but that's cos of her look. He was willing to sacrifice for her because he falls for her personality and that personality is definitely BH's. CJ may like SY's character in the end but we wouldn't know. They really should show SJ and BH souls interchanging every now and then like Oh My Ghost but with an emphasis on SY's character or has CJ falling for both personalities. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

9 hours ago, skinnyjeans said:

What are they doing on Instagram right now?

That Na In-woo plays great electric guitar has been known for a long time.
He looks no less charming talking to Shin Hye-seon

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote pics. Thanks !
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

Kings usually will show only good look on official portrait. So it's strange they allow CJ's portrait to look so comical. CJ is smart so with time, he will realise the difference of the Queen and believes that SB is really from future. So he commissioned the silly looking portrait to be left for future generation and for BH. Consider that as a love letter to BH. 

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a love letter but I will take this hypothesis as CJ's acknowledgement of future BH to console myself. 

I agree it's hard to have an ending that satisfy everyone. I'm not an advocate for BL (am neutral to it) but I never like those timeslip drama where one of the leads ends up with a doppelganger/reincarnation of his/her love interest from the other timeline. Unless the person just fall for looks and not the personality. CJ may like SY at first sight but that's cos of her look. He was willing to sacrifice for her because he falls for her personality and that personality is definitely BH's. CJ may like SY's character in the end but we wouldn't know. They really should show SJ and BH souls interchanging every now and then like Oh My Ghost but with an emphasis on SY's character or has CJ falling for both personalities. 

I was thinking of possible ways CJ could have left something for BH - like the dictionary, their baby journal, the scarf (I'm very tempted to write an alternate ending as a fanfic :joy:) but this interpretation also works for me albeit a different kind of heartbreak 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, aisling said:

No explanation of how the whole body possession worked, how SY and BH connected for him to able to take control over her body, nothing.

I still think it would have been better to have Queen Dowager Jo send him back via a shaman ceremony. That would have given her character something of significance to do in the finale (she was the only one with literally nothing to do). It would have echoed "the mouse that roared" theme of the show, that the sidelined ex-queen, sitting alone in her villa, proved to be the true threat to our royal family while everyone else was running around with bombs and swords. Also it would have been easier to take: it would have been a failure to recognize this threat that led to BH leaving, not the capriciousness of the gods (and writers).

52 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

I love this idea. If CJ had teased So Bong about making her hang a portrait of him making silly faces in her chamber while posing for the painting. BH seeing the painting in the book would have told him (and us) that CJ had always believed his queen, and that he was willing to look like a clown to history just to send a message to her/him (along the lines of The Lives of Others, which also ended in a powerful moment in a bookstore).

• Like 9

1 hour ago, aisling said:
 “I will never confuse you with another again.” 

I don’t know if I should laugh of cry.

1 hour ago, Raffles said:

I still think it would have been better to have Queen Dowager Jo send him back via a shaman ceremony. That would have given her character something of significance to do in the finale (she was the only one with literally nothing to do). It would have echoed "the mouse that roared" theme of the show, that the sidelined ex-queen, sitting alone in her villa, proved to be the true threat to our royal family while everyone else was running around with bombs and swords. Also it would have been easier to take: it would have been a failure to recognize this threat that led to BH leaving, not the capriciousness of the gods (and writers).

Chingus, my writer instincts are taking over :joy: - I'm borrowing these two ideas for the fanfic - hope that's okay! 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics. Thanks !
  • Like 6
  • LOL 1

9 hours ago, LRM11219311 said:

I can’t stop crying while listening to Mr Queen ost playlist. Waaahh. My heart hurts becoz it’s already finished :dissapointed_relieved: wooohfff... this drama is one of kdrama that will always have a place in my heart. :heart: the ending really is beautiful. 

And guess what was playing in the background as KJH did his IG Live? The track that's also been playing on loop in my mind and thinking about the first night of CJ and SB in the camp...Yes, that night.  :criesariver:

But then what a treat it would be this week (Wed?) also when they release his track for MQ.  :issohappy:

This drama really is a swing, a rollercoaster, a mind/soul-splitting experience.

• Like 8

Queen Cheorin's Shin Hye-Sun - Absolutely Perfect 'One-Top' Actress

spacer.png

[Photo] YNK entertainment

Queen Cheorin's Shin Hye-Sun - Absolutely Perfect 'One-Top' Actress

From https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/02/15/AXF4OCQN5WPF6D44MENIFZLNTM/

Shin Hye-Sun shone brightly the potential of absolutely perfect 'One-Top' Actress

At tvN's 20-episode Sat/Sun drama "Queen Cheorin/Mr Queen" finale on (Feb) 14th, Shin Hye-Sun, with her superbly solid acting to the very end, upped the true value of the title, true-to-her-name, 'Got Hye-Sun'.*** Through overwhelming number of scenes and endless character changes from start to finish, with her flawless acting, Shin Hye-Sun, like a fish meeting water, pouring out her full capacity without sparing, finished her 'Shin Hye-Sun Stamped' fusion historical comedy drama and has opened a brand new horizon.

With her elite acting ability that requires no explanation, instantly taking hold of historical-drama visuals, with record high viewership and buzz ratings all throughout the broadcast, it was yet one more opportunity to seal her stature as 'box-office hit guaranteed actress', 'ratings fairy'. With absolute perfection not lacking in even a little thing, she aroused family room theaters with fresh laughters and heart-flutters, and filling it with unpredictable tension, captivated the viewers.

Above all, so powerful was her screen presence each episode such that a "Queen Cheorin who is not Shin Hye-Sun" was just not even imaginable. A 'Chosun-era Queen' who had refused her fate and thrown away her life day before her coronation ceremony; the modern 'hot-blooded' Republic of Korea male who happens to enter her body through an unfortunate accident; the one who encounters her involuntary fandom of (actor) Kim Jung-Hyeon (King Chul-Jong); to Shin Hye-Sun who has exploded with such a broad spectrum of acting, we could only shout, "just what exactly is the limit of the possibility of your acting"? Especially for being able to fluidly channel this complex character with 'extreme crossing' of the gender boundary with her supple control acting, the predominant high praise (of her) is that the character of Kim So-Yong was "only possible because it was Shin Hye-Sun".

Shin Hye-Sun had (initially) appeared soft and weak with her innocent visuals, but through 'Queen Cheorin' she has demonstrated fierce and energetic acting through her willing to sacrifice**** without reservation, presenting fresh and unexpected charms, thus drawing enthusiastic reactions. Also not only with Kim Jung-Hyeon but also with Bae Jong-Ok, Kim Tae-Woo, Seol In-A, Kim In-Gwon, Cha Chung-Hwa, etc., Shin Hye-Sun's unlimited chemistry that raises the synergistic energy with all made the story that much more rich.

The unexpected after unexpected with each re-birth,
Leading every work in which she appears to success, with what next act will Shin Hye-Sun surprise-gift us - is already making us anticipate.

/nyc@osen.co.kr

*** As used in South Korea, the English word 'Got' in front of Hye-Sun or any star name is a form of complete acknowledgment and show of respect for that person in the particular craft for which the person is well-known.

****Not sparing her body and 'hard carry' as if to "throw one's body to the flames"

Spoiler

‘철인왕후’ 신혜선, 더할나위 없이 완벽했던 ‘원톱 배우’

신혜선이 더할 나위 없이 완벽한 ‘원톱 배우’의 저력을 빛냈다.

지난 14일 20부작 대단원의 막을 내린 tvN 토일드라마 ‘철인왕후’에서 신혜선은 마지막까지 꽉 찬 열연으로 명실상부 ‘갓혜선’의 진가를 드높였다. 드라마의 시작과 끝을 책임지는 압도적인 분량과 끊임없는 캐릭터 변주 속에서도 빈틈없는 연기로 물 만난 고기처럼 자신의 역량을 아낌없이 쏟아
낸 가운데 ‘신혜선 표’ 퓨전 사극 코미디를 완성시켜 드라마의 새 지평을 열었다.

신혜선은 설명이 필요 없는 명품 연기력에 눈길을 단번에 사로잡는 사극 비주얼, 방영 내내 높은 시청률과 화제성을 기록하는 등 ‘흥행 보증 배우’, ‘시청률의 요정’임을 또 한 번 각인시키는 계기가 됐다. 어느 하나 부족함 없는 완벽함으로 안방극장에 신박한 웃음과 설렘을 유발하고 예측할 >수 없는 긴장감을 불어넣음으로써 시청자들을 단단히 매료시켰다.

무엇보다 신혜선이 아닌 ‘철인왕후’는 생각할 수 없을 만큼 매회 그의 존재감은 강렬했다. 가례식을 앞두고 스스로의 목숨을 내던져 자신의 운명을
 거부했던 ‘조선시대 중전’과 불의의 사고로 그의 몸 안에 깃들게 된 대한민국의 ‘혈기왕성한 남자’의 내면 그리고 김정현을 향한 입덕 부정기를 >겪는 다이내믹한 모습까지 그야말로 다채로운 연기 스펙트럼을 폭발시킨 신혜선에게 ‘도대체 어디까지 가능한 배우인가’라는 감탄을 절로 불러 모>았다. 특히 성별을 극단으로 오가는 복합적인 캐릭터를 유연한 완급조절 연기로 능수능란하게 소화해 김소용이라는 인물은 ‘신혜선이기에 가능했다
’라는 극찬이 지배적이다.

청순한 비주얼로 여리여리한 이미지가 강했던 신혜선은 이번 ‘철인왕후’를 통해 캐릭터를 위해서라면 아낌없이 망가지고 온몸을 불사르는 하드캐리
 한 열연을 펼쳐 색다른 반전 매력을 선사해 열띤 반응을 이끌어 내기도. 또한 김정현을 비롯해 배종옥, 김태우, 설인아, 김인권, 차청화 등과의 >연기 호흡 역시 누구와 붙어도 시너지를 일으키는 신혜선의 만능 케미스트리가 극을 한층 더 풍성하게 만들었다.

변신에 변신을 거듭, 선보이는 작품들마다 성공적으로 이끌어가는 신혜선이 추후 어떤 행보로 놀라움을 안길지 벌써부터 기대가 쏠리고 있다.

/nyc@osen.co.kr

[사진] YNK엔터테인먼트

Enjoy Chingoos!

Congratulations to every one of us who got to enjoy this Epic gender-bending genre-bender !! 

-------------------

Oh my, 2 weeks absence on this page, and 100 pages. I give up trying to read all the comments I've missed out on.

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

23 hours ago, shimshimae said:

I know right! the first time I heard her say "Jeonha" I felt disconnected - couldn't accept - CJ should also have realised and poor CJ he must be missing BH and SY should rightfully feel like an imposter - just how is this a happy ending :brokenheart::brokenheart:

sorry for late reply :(((

agree! right, we feel disconnected. like, i should build new chemistry for their interaction in last minutes. i already guess, from the very first time CJ SY would be end game. it's just, me have not ready yet to face SY all of sudden, with her soft way of speak :sad1: the transition is too rush for me

• Like 4

2 hours ago, yumeaki said:

so young act bold when she met the king for the first time,lend him her ribbon for his wound, i think that interesting in that era

• Like 3

This is a genuine question, please someone help me out.

The most confusing thing about Mr Queen is what am I supposed to feel when rewatching? They made So Yong/Cheoljong endgame so should I watch Mr Queen from the first episode and think all those actions is So Yong’s doing??!?! How am I supposed to do that? 

I’m genuinely confused because it doesn’t make sense if everything was So Yong’s doing... it was clearly Bong Hwan’s soul, mannerism, language and knowledge. But if it’s Bong Hwan’s actions all along then Cheoljong’s feelings for BH and BH’s feelings for Cheoljong are sincere and true. But if their feelings are true, then why that nonsense ending? 

All those funny moments and also sexy ones (tango roaring, ramyun night, the elbow scene).... there’s no way it was So Yong’s doing.

And why did they talk about the reincarnation when it came to nothing?

If you planned it from the beginning, why make us so invest in Bong Hwan instead of So Yong? Why didn’t we get a closure scene between two souls? Something as simple as a dreamlike sequence where they met face to face. 

So Yong: “Thank you for saving me. Thank you for helping me... I know Jeonha cherished you and I will try to capture his heart as my own person as well.”

Geez, would that be so hard??!

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

@aisling

Don't re-watch, I don't even though I used to do that while waiting for next episodes. I love the OST and now I play it in a loop without looking at the MV. It's confuses my head not only my heart. One thing that I can't take it is how some people who said there are 2 souls inside 1 body all along that take control alternatively. So KSY emerges for the sex with CJ and JBH took control when there were heavy lifting??? As a woman I feel positively offended, is that what a woman for?

Today is my last day dwelling with Mr Queen related things, tomorrow will be no more. It keeps giving me a bad aftertaste.

Screenshot-2021-02-15-at-9-56-32-PM.png

The King is LIVE

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

At least 4-5 scenes for the fanfic came to my mind but my work is pending since two days (I kept getting distracted and distressed because of Mr. Queen):sweat_smile:

Here's one of those scenes for now. Will write and post the rest when I get more time. :) Enjoy! 

*fanfic alert*

Scene: Body or Soul?

"Are you really from the future?" CJ asks again during their night in the camp.

SB nods her head sitting on the bed. She sighs, suddenly feeling weariness from the recent events and a sudden aching in her heart.

"Do you like this body of mine or this soul of mine, Cheoljong?" she asks. She felt she had to know the answer for some reason.

CJ looks at her and worries about her perturbed expression.

"Because your soul belongs to a man in the future?" he asks.

SB nods. CJ holds her face in his hands and looks into her eyes. "Whether you are a man or a woman, it doesn't matter to me."

SB suddenly gets a doubt, "You know, gender is much more complex in modern times. For example, there are --" she wants to explain about LGBTQ stuff but stops. "It might be too much for you right now."

CJ looks at her confused.

"So you are saying, you'd fall for me however I look because you love my soul?" asks SB getting back to the topic.

CJ looks at her intently and affirms, "Yae."

SB looks at him, feeling a bit more eased and quickly gives him a peck.

CJ wants to extend it but suddenly stops. He now asks, "What about you?" Do you love my body or my soul."

Without hesitating SB replies, "Your body."

CJ coughs - "Jung Jeon."

"Yae," SB says proudly, "I'm shallow. I like this chest." she opens his robes. "These arms." she slides her hand over his arm. "This face." She holds his face and hovers over his lips. "So, if I see you again in modern times, better come with the whole package."

"And my soul?" he asks as his breathing becomes heavy.SB looks directly into his eyes. "All-in, Cheoljongie. All of you. All of you." 
The "aumm" ensues :joy:

• Like 4
  • Naughty 4
  • Shocked 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Haven't written here in this forum before but knew I had to after watching this whole drama in a week and I wanted to comment.

First things first tell me why I cried my eyes out like a baby when byeong in died even though I was hating him previously as each episode went by:criesariver:

Happy that everyone got a happy ending but I still kinda felt sad that BH is no longer in the queen's body I don't know how to put it in words but it hurts me that the person who CJ fell in love with isn't there anymore! Even though SY was cursing now etc would that mean she would have some of bh's characteristics? Even then it's not the same person though so it's sad.

I was hoping BH would miraculously stay in the joseon era or they'd make him want to because he's started to enjoy being in that era or something :idk:and by 'they' I mean the writers. 

I feel they should have just killed the queen off if they were guna end it the way they did because she wouldn't be the same as how she was when it was BH.. and somehow keep the baby alive so their love would still be there and us not feeling like CJ is not with the same person he fell in love with? How many months pregnant was the Queen by then?

I'm rambling and I probably don't even make any sense but yea since that didn't happen they should have atleast had a reincarnated version of CJ and ended it on BH and CJ facing each other like how it was in gu family book.

But overall I have thoroughly enjoyed this drama and it was a decent enough ending!!

• Like 8