[Drama 2020] My mom has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다

0ly40

@UnniSarah first of all I always like to admit when I am wrong and my theories that Ae Shim might have been a different character such as perhaps the Chairman’s mother seems to be proven wrong with that picture that you showed. Good catch. The picture itself appears to be unclear so we can’t exactly make out the face but other characteristics do seem to match with the ones that both Shark and the Chairman have. So it seems that she may indeed be Kim Book Soon herself. Things might just start to get interesting at this point if this is true.

Now on to other parts of the drama.

Spoiler

People have wondered about the shotgun marriage between Vixen and Joker. A good point but has anybody considered the fact that it was a plan hatched out by mother and daughter. If one carefully considers the facts, they will realize that this is quite possible. According to Joker himself it was her mother (Vixen) that gave him those two dates to choose from which were either next month or after a year. Just to be clear this is probably what she claimed to have gotten from a fortune teller who must have told her that the two couples would have a happy and successful marriage if done on these dates otherwise troubles and other problems would follow (atleast from what I have observed in other dramas). Now we all know that Joker was desperate to marry Vixen as soon as possible so he would have always chosen the closest date as possible. Meaning that if he had been given a week and a month as possible date or a month and 3 months he would have taken the week from the first option and a month from the second option no matter how unreasonable that may have sounded or impossible to achieve. I guess he would have to keep a small marriage like his father suggested if he wanted to do that. Now the real reason why those two would give such close dates is actually quite smart. The longer they delay the more time he has to realize just what kind of person she really is and thus has the option to break up with her and choose someone else. But over here he can’t think straight because he is still so into her and will thus want to marry her as fast as possible.

How many people here think that the sister opening up her own restaurant is a big mistake. I for one think that. Not that she isn’t ready to run it or not. That is a topic for another day. She may actually be very good at management and all but there is another problem plot wise which is really the issue over here. We know for a fact that her family doesn’t have the funds to open one for her on their own. Thus they have had to take out a loan from the bank to start it which will turn out to be the issue perhaps later on.

Here is the thing when it comes to Suk Joon he is atleast as honest as he can when it comes to his dealings. Sure he is lying about who he really is and why he is there but he atleast won’t try to cheat them out of the fair or required deal that the company is setting up. Cruella and Joker on the other hand have no such qualms. Part of how they operate is by B.I.T (Blackmail, Intimidation and Threats) in no particular order. They have used these tactics in the past to achieve their goals and there is nothing stopping them from doing the same over here as well. We know for a fact that Cruella atleast has some influence with the banks. If she tries using this again to pressure Pill Jung and her family to pay up their loans, then they will be in some trouble. Yes, legally that might be an issue especially if we were in the real world but this is a drama so anything is possible. It is also possible for Cruella to buy up their loan so now Pill Jung and family would have to pay her back. Contractually Cruella can’t do much till the contract is over but she can subtly pressure them. Without any power they would be forced to submit to her demands. Another part of how they can perhaps intimidate the family itself is by either trying to sabotage the restaurant itself by spoiling the business or sending thugs to have them clear out. Thugs might be a last resort so they could send disruptive customers who could perhaps claim that they got food poisoning or something from eating over there. This would result in them losing customers and perhaps even facing losses which could result in them getting shut down. The bank always collects what they give out and thus they would ask for the collateral which is the house in this case. At which point Cruella and Joker could step in and claim/purchase. This would make them look good and show that Suk Joon wasn’t as competent as people thought. Thus they could solve a problem that he couldn’t.

Fortunately getting rid of the restaurant may not be as easy as they expected. Had the sister started it on her own then they would have probably achieved their goals. But over here she is planning on partnering up with Tae Woo. This will certainly put Joker in a bind. If he goes ahead with the plan he risks offending Vixen for trying to harm her little brother’s business which will make him a bit hesitant to go forward. She will probably have to take charge in this operation which again might pose a slight risk. This will show to Cruella atleaast just how cold blooded and ruthless she can actually be. Then again the fun will actually start between the two at this point so there is that and we might actually get to see some interesting plots/schemes develop at this point of each trying to get rid of the other.

As for the fact that Joker likes to spill things out I fully agree with this assessment. No secret is safe with him. If it wasn’t for his mother, you can be sure he would have blurted out all the family secrets by now. She is the only one that can control him by signaling when to shut up or quickly dismissing the other party before they learn it. The only time that he revealed something of importance was when his mother wasn’t present and he was drunk so his defenses were down. But how long do you think that he can withhold all these secrets from Vixen. She has him wrapped around her fingers at the moment. If she forces him to tell her he will have no choice but to do so. Right now she is patiently waiting for him to confide in her but if she were to get impatient she can simply give him an ultimatum that she feels like he is keeping something important from her and if he doesn’t come clean she will leave him. To prevent that he will be forced to reveal it all much to the ire of his mother who will end up losing more of her son and control over him to Vixen. She is already starting to sense some of it now and it frustrates her.

Pill Jung’s blind date went as well as one could expect. On one hand he certainly seems like a nice guy and even considerate about her kids and all. But in truth he just isn’t the right guy. On a smaller side he is allergic to dogs something that Minji doesn’t seem to like. Minho has no problems with any of this because he is liking the financial options that are coming with this marriage and how he will probably go abroad to study as well. but the real problems with him are that he first of all appears to either be to clingy or desperate to get married. This was seen when he tends to contact Pill Jung without giving her all that much time to prepare and all. On top of all this he wants her to quit her job after their marriage and raise the kids and take care of their home. This is a major deal for her because teaching is her dream and she is being asked to give it up again. Fortunately, we have Suk Joon to snap her back to reality. Regardless of this it shows that the guy doesn’t really respect her opinion which isn’t a good thing for her. It may start out with a single compromise now but in the future who knows what else she will have to give up on. This guy likes to do things his own way could also be seen in the way he reserved the Italian restaurant. If he had already done that why even, ask the others what they liked to have. He should have either given them the option or told them that he had reserved a place for them and next time he takes all of them to a place of their choosing. What if they all liked fried chicken and burgers instead of pasta. As pointed out they wouldn’t have much choice over here. So in a way I am glad that Pill Jung is realizing that he isn’t all that great even if the final confirmation comes from Suk Joon himself.

This can part can probably be inferred from the preview of the next episode when he tells her that she probably doesn’t care about the kids (students) just because she got to ride in a fancy car and all. Everything that she claimed about the students being her priority and all must have therefore been false. Also that this wouldn’t be fair on the students who were doing their best so that she could accomplish her dreams but if she were to quit then so would she be taking away their dreams as the principal would be sure to close the team. This will probably be her wake up call. But most importantly it will be what the main leads realize that the other is important to them. For instance, in the last episode Suk Joon was actually okay with her to get married as this would mean that she would have to leave the house with her kids which would leave it empty and thus it would have been better for them to sell it and move to another place. Thus accomplishing his goals. Yet here he is persuading her that marriage isn’t such a good idea as that would mean her giving up her own dreams and all. He may still not realize why he is doing any of that but he will eventually and that is the moment that I am actually waiting for.

Still not sure how Vixen plans on keeping the family happy if she wants to stay there for long. Nice to see that she is still playing her games by pretending to have made breakfast and all. It was hilarious to see the Chairman compliment her on her cooking and mention that it tastes just like the housekeepers. The look on the housekeeper was just as amusing like she couldn’t believe what she was hearing. It will be interesting how long she can maintain this façade before getting caught. Plus, things might not be so easy for her. As we can see in the preview for the next episode that her brother will be asking Joker for help in starting his own business. Joker will probably do that because he would want to keep him happy as that would make his sister and his wife happy. But if he were to do that this would cause problems down the line. Firstly, she would get into trouble by his mother who already disapproves of her. This action of her brother would make her think that her family was a bunch of leeches that are trying to leech of from their family and that this was one of the reasons why she disapproved of this marriage in the first place. It doesn’t help that the brother had asked Joker for money prior to this as well. Secondly as I pointed out earlier in the post if they want to get rid of the restaurant so that Pill Jung and her family would be forced to sell the house and move out might become an issue when he realizes that this is the same restaurant that his BiL is working in and owns. If he does anything here he risks offending his wife which just might make his mother mad again. Both for him siding with his wife and for it being a factor that is preventing their plans from becoming successful.

@Lmangla I have clearly stated why I don’t like the guy so I won’t go into those points again. But in a sense I do also like how he is more upfront in what he wants in this marriage rather than be sneaky like say with Vixen. You are correct that this helps evaluate with both parties whether or not they are okay with the marriage and all. Problem here is that Pill Jung isn’t exactly thinking straight. While she has told her kids that she must like the guy and they have all agreed to this fact. The bigger issue over here is that she is only getting married to guy because of her kids. Liking him comes second which is a problem. Right now she is only looking at the kid’s happiness and thinking that as long as they are happy then so would she. Unfortunately, that is not totally accurate. Sure she can marry a guy like that but without liking him back that marriage is going to end up turning unhappy. The guy may eventually think that she only married him to use him and all which isn’t good for anybody especially the kids. She needs to find a balance between both. Plus, like I pointed out with him she really doesn’t get a lot of choices. Sure she can refuse some of them but if he decides to break it off she might think that she is at fault. With him I feel that she would be the only one making compromises instead of both of them having an equal say which is what marriage is supposed to be about.

As for Pill Jung’s sister and her being hesitant to run a business with Tae Woo is a good call. After all, just look what his family is going to do to it in the future. (no I haven’t seen any future episodes or time travelled I am just assuming stuff but it probably will happen). Also the guy doesn’t exactly have a great track record. She has worked with him two times so she knows how he works like. We haven’t seen much of their interaction at the current shop so it might be hard to judge that. But when they were working at LX Group he wasn’t fully focused that resulted in him misplacing one of the boxes which cost them both points, he also wasn’t suited to all that hard work. If I recall she pointed out that others had already moved a certain amount of items but he had just done a few. Granted in that case atleasst he wasn’t interested in the job in the first place and was only doing it because his mother had forced him to do so. But over here it is something that he actually enjoys so it might just work out between them. Another thing is that he may not feel all that dependable at the moment thus her hesitation to partner up with him. For instance, there was that one time that he had agreed to treat her to meat and whatnot but she ended up paying for the meal. This probably shows that he needs to do better budget control. Perhaps he will end up learning that with her or realize it on his own. We will have to just wait and see.

LoL yes @Lmangla I certainly caught that and found it equally amusing as I pointed out. As usual someone beat me to it.

@brooksmom LoL About all of them having the same picture of Kim Book Soon. Though to be fair Shark and the Chairman have different ones. At first I thought that too then looking at @UnniSarah’s GIFS and the episodes itself realize that this isn’t exactly the case. For the Chairman it is just with Kim Book Soon but for Shark there is a kid in it as well. Not sure who that could be at the moment. I do find it odd that Kim Book Soon as mentioned that she has had a son but nothing about a younger sibling. Her picture on the other hand is a bit unclear but there seems to be a slight difference between what the chairman had. It might be the pose or something. Will have to recheck it to confirm.

Now I have noticed how some of you all must be wondering about Shark’s agenda from tomorrows preview. Over here he is being selected to be the Chairman’s new driver. So what could his goal be. Well first of all I think that Cruella and Joker probably suggested that to keep tabs on the Chairman. We have seen how the he again suggested about checking out the house where Suk Joon is staying at especially to thank them helping Suk Joon out of his problem. Cruella certainly can’t have that since he will discover who actually lives there. under normal circumstances she can’t control him and thus he can go later on if he changes his mind. So far her arguments are working but what will she do when they don’t. Therefore, that is going to be one of Shark’s assignments to keep tabs on him and report to them and to prevent him from meeting Kim Book Soon when it becomes apparent that he would do so.

Another thing is that he may have always wanted to get closer to the Chairman in the first place and this is his perfect opportunity to do so. As some of you have wondered if he is searching for his missing family member why would he end up at LX Group and sort of make it his base of operations. This clearly means that they have some sort of role to play in all of this. The best person who would therefore have all the answers to this would probably be the Chairman but to get a meeting with him wouldn’t be easy. He would have to find a way to get close to him and then at the same time earn his trust as well. This could also explain one of his earlier comments to Joker that he would be even willing to give his life for him. Why make such a statement if there wasn’t an intent behind it. He did that because he needed to earn his trust. This way he would be brought into the inner circle and thus closer to his goal. He could have tried getting hired next to Cruella but that wouldn’t be easy considering that she was in a high position and you wouldn’t get that right of the bat. So the best option for him would be to probably start from the bottom and rise up from there but that could be a bit too time consuming. He would have to find a slightly faster way. This was by joining hands with the Chairman’s son who would repay his loyalty by increasing his position each time he himself rose. Eventually he would get to meet the chairman and ask him about his missing family member and get the answers that he needed. In this case Joker would have been his best bet because at that time only he was working at that company since Suk Joon was busy studying for the prosecutor’s exam and all.

Speaking of this are we 100% sure that Kim Book Soon is his missing sister. I know that is what it seems to imply but it could easily be Suk Joon as well. I know that people will point out that might not be possible due to Kim Book Soon knowing about having another son but never bringing it up. I know some people did consider him till the picture was brought up. But here is the thing what if she wasn’t aware of Sharks existence. How is that possible. Well we know for a fact that she had a hard life and she was also sympathetic to Pill Jung because of that. So it is equally possible that her husband was either abusive towards her or a cheater. If it was the latter, then he could have had an affair behind her back or even run of with another woman and had Shark. Thus those two could be stepbrothers. A good question though that we should be asking ourselves at this point should be who was the old man that Shark met that told him about his missing family member in the first place and how did he know about them in the first place.

What exactly was their part in all of this? Could he have been the one to take Suk Joon and hand him over to the Chairman or further lied to him. Think about this for a moment for all these years the Chairman assumed that Kim Book Soon passed away due to her weak heart. Why was this the case. We know that was what he believed until recently when he saw her a few times and thus decided to search for her until he was tricked into believing that she was actually dead. We also this to be the case when we had a flashback to Cruella finding a letter addressed to him by Kim Book Soon and she accused him of still being in touch with her. He defended himself by pointing out that she was dead and he had no idea of what she was talking about. This clearly indicates that somebody lied to him that she had died. So the question now becomes who that person was and why. It clearly wasn’t Cruella because had she knows that Kim Book Soon was still alive she would have made some sort of scene long before and not only that she would have kept tabs on her since she would consider her as a rival. Yet she was totally unaware that she was still alive until she discovered that the Chairman was secretly searching for her and when Shark discovered her location. Therefore, it had to be somebody else. Probably one of her parents who took such action. So in this case the old man could either have been Shark’s father who was feeling guilty about cheating on his wife and asked Shark to search for his other son or he was the one that was ordered to lie to the Chairman that Kim Book Soon had died. After that he was probably sent out of the country or made to leave town so that he couldn’t reveal the truth to the chairman so he had no idea what happened to the child. But then why reveal this fact to Shark. What is the connection. Darn I am really getting curious now.

@mizkorea Thanks for explaining why Vixen’s mother made that comment about the Chairman being popular back in the day. It actually makes sense when you put it like that. Your other observations are also spot on regarding Kim Book Soon and her child. Yes, we knew that he was born in that house so it was only afterwards that she bumped into the chairman again. But some of us had assumed that shortly afterwards she was forced to give him up. But from the pictures taken we can assume that atleast a year or so had passed when that happened. How fortunate. Now we have to wonder what will happen next. Will Suk Joon see those pictures and perhaps recognize himself or will those pictures get stolen by someone. Though who that would be remains to be seen. Certainly not by Cruella and Joker since they want him to discover his birth secret. Perhaps by Vixen but not sure what her game would be at this point. Come to think about it this must actually be the first time in a drama where we have the second leads hoping the main leads discover their birth secret. Normally they are running about like crazy to conceal this fact. Yes, I know the circumstances are different over here but still I find it amusing.

I know that I am forgetting something since I watched a few episodes together but it seems to have slipped my mind sadly. Hopefully when I recall it I will let you know and add it to my post. So till then take care all of you and keep posting. As mentioned this show is just starting to get interesting all at this point. Hopefully things will also start to speed up at this point. So do keep on enjoying it and adding more to these posts to make them interesting.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, monalisa said:

Veteran actress Yang geum-seuk is doing such a good job playing the evil step-mother role.

yea, she looks like she is totally enjoying herself and having fun acting as cruella. it makes for a fun drama to watch when the actors are rocking it!

SJ disguising as the Chairman himself :joy:, he will be in big trouble when PJ will find out the truth :dizzy: and by that time he is caught he had already fallen deeply in love with PJ. Actually he already did by observing his action and the way he talks to her, he likes her :love:.

Again again i  can see the villain (EJ) get to see or know that there is someting wrong with SEC HA. She get to have more airtime again than the lead actors. Why is it that the villain always smarter, live longer life, get to discover secrets, always first get to hear  the secret, more airtime than the main character (it always happens in 50 to 100 episodes drama):rage:

@UnniSarah @mizkorea @yamiyugi @joccu @tulip06  @brooksmom @kiefshi1056 @tas82 @monalisa @Bejaffled ~ okay we got it confirmed that secretary ha is looking for his sister but why did old man say ae sim will be in danger? and he seemed genuinely worried? and secretary ha said that someone took his sister away and he suspects it was chairman. interesting no? so did bok soon change her name from ae sim because of some sort of danger? think secretary ha is not some random character -- he even has his own music background which is all danger kind of theme!

@yamiyugi ~ in regards to the blind date, can understand why you don't like him but I still think he is a relatively good guy who would be a nice hubby for a different woman. so let me explain a bit from today's episode -- he says that he would like to protect her, he is earning well, he wants her to take care of the kids and he wants her to pursue some hobbies. this is not about control but something else entirely.

I remember in another drama, we had this very interesting discussion on why this marriage was falling apart even though the leads loved each other. one of the viewers, an elderly retired gentleman, gave a man's view which was so different and really made me think. he shared that for some men, it is really important they play the protector role, it is how they feel loved and how they show love. he elaborated that protective instinct is not necessarily for all men -- he shared that it would have driven him nuts if his wife depended on him for everything -- but for some men, thats what they need. they need to feel like they are needed whether it is emotionally, financially or both. whereas, some men want to play a supportive role rather than protector role as that is what they need. his post really made me think about a man's view and how their needs and wants reflect their style of love and affection.

now this blind date guy said that his first marriage was like that and they were happy. a protector role is what he knows and how he shows affection. he is expressing his needs and wants upfront and she has the choice to walk away. my real life observation is that many relationships fall apart because people are not able to identify their needs and want and so I see the blind date guy's upfront honesty as really good. another observation is that these needs and wants end up creating a clash on certain factors because of different perspectives. for him, a job is about making money and he doesn't really see dreams. now is that wrong? I think it depends on your life circumstances and personal experience.

look at what ki beom says to seok joon -- dreams don't come true for everyone and sometimes you just bury it and move on. he said it with a shrug and "that's life" kind of expression. so for some dreams are just that - dreams. not necessarily to be taken seriously and focus your life on. however, in this case, pil jeong's dreams are not just dreams but it is a lot more personal. it is the only place where she is a person by herself, not reflected by her kids, family or her personal life. it is a place which makes her feel fulfilled as a person. so I think where you get your sense of purpose and joy will dictate how you view dreams.

for some their sense of purpose and joy is from their family and enjoying life through various hobbies. the blind date guy didn't get to have kids with his first wife and he is here trying to recreate that kind of happy family he would have liked to have with his first wife. so in some ways, he would value that time with children more differently and would want a partner who focuses on the kids. he sees hobbies as something valuable and his way of support and protection is to ensure his wife gets to enjoy that.

I have a friend who chose to be a home maker even though she is very talented and would probably excel like crazy at any job. now does she think she wasted her life? it is the reverse! she is doing exactly what she wanted to do. she loves that she got to spend time with her kids and have an active social life doing various hobbies. this is why I said that for a different woman, he would be a great match and there are women who would see what he is offering as good. he is assuming that pil jeong is beaten from life and is looking for a rest. so he is unable to understand why she would want to work because work is not rest for him.

to work or not after marriage can be a complex issue for women as well as men but over the years, have realized that it is not some cut and dried kind of answer. there are different facets to it -- depends on what people want and need from a relationship and people's attitudes towards work and what they feel is their purpose and joy and what they value, financial concerns.

in this case, seok joon is a better fit for her because he wants to support her dream. while pil jeong hasn't realized it, that is what she needs from a partner. she is not looking for a protector though that is what she assumed about herself. she is looking for a support actually. so in some ways, meeting this blind date guy is good because it makes her question what she needs from a guy. rather than think just about her kids, what does she want from a relationship? all this time, she just thought about remarriage from the kids angle (a protector kind of role) but she never thought about herself.

okay, I have really blabbered on for such a small character who is going to disappear in a blip but I just think the questions he presents are interesting discussion from a real life perspective.

and can I just add, how much I love the ki beom character -- the way he listens and then asks the most relevant questions to seok joon, the practical advice and other views he gives are really interesting. he is quite an interesting side character and makes me pay attention. wasn't it fun when asked seok joon if he likes pil jeong? :D

@Lmangla  Yes, in a lot of dramas I've seen, the husband leaves the strong wife for the needy mistress and says that is the reason why he made that choice. To them it's a moral calling.

Is PJ going on another blind dated?  The person she is sitting with in the preview appears to have more facial hair than the last guy. And she appears to be happy smiling. Are they talking about her kids, her schoolwork , his?

25 minutes ago, brooksmom said:

Is PJ going on another blind dated?  The person she is sitting with in the preview appears to have more facial hair than the last guy. And she appears to be happy smiling. Are they talking about her kids, her schoolwork , his?

she is meeting the 'director seok joon' who wanted to thank her for lunch. think seok joon is disguising himself with glasses and a beard to meet her. ki beom told him that he can encourage her as 'director seok joon' or get frustrated as kim min cheol who she is not going to listen. so I guess seok joon made a choice to meet her.

@Lmangla The word used by the subbers is "taken" but secretary Ha animosity towards the Chairman as tho the Chairman literally kidnapped BokSoon and caused her harm. But we know the Chairman seems to cherish her. What is stopping secretary Ha from asking the chairman outright about his noona.  He has been lurking there for 7 years for heaven sake. 

But the on going mystery made this drama fun to watch. 

I like the blind date too. I like that he is upfront with what he is looking for. I appreciate his honesty. He is a good man and he is a keeper. He ticks all the boxes but alas he is not suited for PJ as they both have different goals in relationship. To each his or her own. 

Meanwhile our ML has gone incognito! Looking forward to the next episode. The gasp at the end. Did she remember him as the guy with the big glasses or she just struck by his good looks beard and all. The plot thickens. B)

2 hours ago, brooksmom said:

@Lmangla  Yes, in a lot of dramas I've seen, the husband leaves the strong wife for the needy mistress and says that is the reason why he made that choice. To them it's a moral calling.

yea I have seen that with quite a few dramas. before that gentleman's post in soompi I mentioned above, such dramas/stories used to make my eyes roll but now, I look at these stories and think about what the writer is trying to convey about relationships and what we viewers can take away from such stories. I really don't think a drama has to be super brainy for you to learn something about life. actually it is the mundane daily and weekend dramas I have enjoyed the most on soompi forums chatting as you can have some really interesting discussions even when the drama is actually kind of boring! :D

@mizkorea ~ yea, thats how I see the blind date guy, they just have different goals in life which isn't necessarily a bad thing. to each their own. I like that in this drama, she is meeting all this men and while the dates are disastrous, it is a great learning curve for her. so rather than jumping from loser husband to amazing guy in one shot like in most daily dramas, I like that she is actually going through the waters and learning about herself, her needs and wants from a relationship through this blind date process. so sometimes it is good to meet a thousand frogs before kissing the prince! ^_^  hahahah...

@Lmangla it is intresting that secretary Ha suspect that the chairman took his noona! why would charman took boksoon? maybe the chairman save her from somekind of danger?  What happened in the past that made boksoon change her name( i think that is the reason why she changed her name). and if secretary Ha is her little brother or relative why doesn't boksoon look for him?

I liked the blind date guy but he's isn't the one for PJ. and like that PJ is also thinking about herself and not only her children.

people are always jealous what they don't have. As a teacher myself I have seen lot of cases awful parenting and spoiling they children bc they are overcompensating something. 

Afraid you're correct @kiefshi1056 we are gonna be seeing a lot of EJ unfortunately. She landed the rich husband but instead of just enjoying the moment her greed means she always on the hunt. She wants to be in everybody's business because she's the type that will use the info to trample others no matter the cost. Just like her MIL. But she poking the hornets nest, she'll damage herself before realising it. Her meddling will eventually help bring the wheels of the bus. Gonna be tedious to watch though...urgh.

Secretary Ha undercover!  Wonder if they were once a rich family and Ae Sim's existence threatened someone's inheritance so they got rid. Cruella's pops maybe? Or maybe some completely different chaebol bloodline. Maybe she is a mistresses child. Actually maybe Cruella's pops was determined to have chairman as his son in law and took whatever means necessary to make it happen including getting rid of the woman he loved. Anyhoos is all getting intriguing. On a lighter nite yah, he didn't look too greasy today! :D

I really want to see his disguise. No way PJ doesn't recognise him unless he uses prosthetics. Agree @Lmangla Ki beom is one of my favorite characters a really ride or die type friend.

Forum just went on dark mode for me. This should be interesting. First, I couldn't wait; I had to see the episode 47 raw.  By the looks of it,  PJ  thinks her new date is HOT.  But later we see that she actually likes the old Suk Joon. And we know this by the hanky. Saw the whole episode but that's all I'll say for now. I know you'll add more between the lines.

Things are starting to get interesting finally. The pieces are finally starting to move. Some development on the main leads parts as well even if it just one sided and Vixen starting to suspect things thus will eventually cause problems down the line. Not to mention Cruella and Joker are also starting to get impatient that Suk Joon hasn’t made much progress in discovering his birth secret so they plan on speeding things up. Meaning lots of things to look forward to in the upcoming episodes. We may as well start to predict what to expect in the next few episodes for fun that is.

Anyway let’s get on with the drama itself and the points that have been brought up.

Spoiler

@tas82 let’s start with you since yours is the last post that I read before typing. You brought up the point how you are interested in checking out Suk Joon’s latest disguise and how Pill Jung will fail to recognize him unless he uses some sort of prosthetics. Don’t be surprised when this doesn’t happen. Fictitious characters can be pretty dense to the obvious. A perfect example has to be the Superman and Clark Kent disguise (or anyone from his side of the family). Over there he simply uses a pair of glasses to fool the entire world not even adding fake facial hair or something. Now I get it you might remind me that this example doesn’t count since he is a comic character and the rules of comics don’t apply here.

Would have given you that until I recently watched a Korean Drama called Gracious Revenge (no it wasn’t any superhero drama or someone having super powers but a revenge drama). Over here one of the characters pretty much pulled a Clark Kent for quite some time before others caught on. He had a lawyer mode where he wore glasses and his normal mode where he claimed to be the brother (step) of the female lead. He also interacted with some of the other characters in both modes and they all failed to recognize him until the female leads identity got exposed or something. At that point everyone could somehow recognize him. Perhaps it was the female lead with superpowers to confuse everybody and had it applied to him or something. If you doubt what I am saying you can verify this by checking out the thread itself, asking some of the viewers who are here as well or watching the show. We had nicknamed him Danny Kent for this reason. So if Pill Jung fails to recognize him I wouldn’t be surprised. Would certainly be interesting if she recognized him from the past who had helped her out back in the day like someone else mentioned. Though why she hasn’t recognized him otherwise is a total mystery. Perhaps these fictitious glasses have some sort of Super Power and we should get our hands on them as well.

As for Shark going undercover will get into that in a bit.

@Lmangla as I pointed out you certainly make good points in regards to her blind date and I do tend to agree with most of them now. Yes, he might make a perfect husband for some women. Vixen would probably be quite content in this marriage if he was on the same level as LX Group. She doesn’t seem like the person who would want to put in the extra work if she could help it just enjoy her life to the max. it is probably also the reason why she warned her husband not to raise her position at the company after marriage. There were two reasons as I mentioned earlier. 1. She didn’t want the extra work and responsibility that would have come with the new position. 2. She knew that others could possibly complain how she only got the position due to getting married into the family which could result in her husband getting into trouble which would result in her getting into bad books with her In-Laws which would affect her goals and all. So in this case she might have been happier with this guy and his request that she stop working and look after the house.

It is also nice that he wants his wife to enjoy her life and perhaps pick up new hobbies as well and that he can afford them. Am also glad that he is upfront of all that he expects from her before the marriage actually happens. So perhaps I may have judged him a bit harshly. Will give you that but my main issue is how he treated the dates that they had especially the second one.

For the first date I will give them a pass since it was pre-arranged between them and all thus they had enough time to prepare for it. But that wasn’t the case for the second date at all. We don’t know how long it was since the first date ended since it is hard to gauge time in these dramas and all. But he calls her out of the blue telling her that he wants to go out on another date with her and the kids. Now I know that they had agreed to meet again with the kids next time. But don’t you think it would have been better if they had another pre-arranged date instead of him contacting her on the actual date itself. What if she had been unavailable that day due to any number of factors such as perhaps she had a prior appointment with some of her friends or the family was out for some sort of outing, school work etc.. Even her kids could have been unavailable that day. Minho is old enough to have friends and could have gone visiting them or attending one of his academy classes. He didn’t seem to consider that and had made plans beforehand.

Then comes the part of him already reserving the restaurant for their meal. He got lucky over here as well. Minho fortunately isn’t a picky eater and Minji wanted to have some pasta but what if the kids didn’t like Italian Food or were allergic to some of it. For instance, some people are allergic to Shrimps and he had decided to take them to a seafood restaurant. Yes, he asked the kids what they liked but if he had already reserved a place like he said what was even the point of asking them. Like I pointed out he could have told them beforehand that he had already reserved a place but the next time they could go to a place of their choosing and ask what they wanted or better yet have held up on the reservation and seen what options were available at that point.

Then comes the final date that we were shown. Again I get that he wanted to discuss something important with her but he should have checked to see if she was available and arranging a suitable time for it. He probably informed her either when he was in the neighborhood or that he was waiting at the café and would have liked her to join him for the date. She might have been busy cooking meals or something and it also seemed to be a bit late. But none of that mattered to him.

So in this case I would like the honest opinions of the viewers here how would they have felt if they were in a similar situation regardless of their gender. Your significant other makes plans for all of you but doesn’t bother consulting you for your thoughts or has an idea of what you really want. Another example could be that they decide to ask you out and then take you for let’s say a movie. They have already purchased tickets so again you don’t have much choice in the matter if you want to spend some quality time with them. Also let’s say that the movie that they picked up to watch was an action movie but your preferences are more in line with watching comedies. Sure he may ask you what you like but then lets you know that since the tickets are already bought you have to watch said movie with them. There can be a bunch of other things like this as well.

Will let go the fact that he wants her to quit her job regardless of how that is her dream and that she enjoys it since he perhaps thinks that she can enjoy other things as well especially now that she has the means. As I pointed out perhaps calling him wanting to control her life may have been a bit harsh and especially considering the fact that he was upfront about it. His explanation did remind me of something else which wasn’t positive but for some reason it seems to have slipped my mind at the moment.

Now on to a few other things about the drama itself.

We find out the reason why Shark gets to be the driver. Was close enough in some of the reasons. I had assumed that Cruella and Joker would tell him to do that to keep tabs on the Chairman and thus prevent him from going to Pill Jung’s house so that he couldn’t meet Kim Book Soon and all. Turns out that while this is indeed the case it was he who actually suggested it in the first place to actually find out something. Not exactly sure what he is searching for in the Chairman’s car like that though. Yes, I know that he is looking for some sort of clue to the location of his missing sister but would the chairman actually keep something like that in the car. I mean I would totally get it if this was a recent incident but we know for a fact that it has been more than five years that she was supposedly taken. In that case what kind of clue could he find in the car. Some have wondered why he doesn’t directly ask the Chairman about the sister instead of snooping like that. I would assume that he doesn’t trust the Chairman to be honest about it. After all, how many times will a thief automatically confess to a crime that he has committed when confronted about it. He will plead his innocence and demand that you bring proof to validate your claims. Therefore, he may assume that if he asks the chairman about this he will pretend to not understand what he is talking about unless he confronts him with irrefutable proof of his involvement in taking his sister away.

@Lmangla Yep we finally get the confirmation that Shark is indeed searching for his missing sister Ae Shim and not a younger brother. Oh well there go some of my theories down the drain. Guess this means back to the drawing board for me. I also agree with your assessment that Shark isn’t some mere random character. While I will admit that I didn’t notice his background music and all I did notice that he was getting a lot of focus for being a mere character. For instance, him being Joker’s right hand man could have been just that and thus easily ignored but when he stepped into the role of being not only responsible for the murder of Secretary Park (even through proxy) and then later on delaying the Chairman from meeting Kim Book Soon by handing over fake papers to the detective indicating her death his role was clearly amped up and finally showing that he had his own secret (searching for a missing family member) shows that he is more than a mere side character.

I do wonder what makes Vixen suddenly suspicious of him that she is asking about him from Joker. Did she perhaps catch him doing something suspicious again? I doubt that the car scene of the latest episode would be sufficient enough. So either he did something or perhaps she is starting to feel threatened by his presence. We know that she has a personal agenda to make herself useful because as long as she has a purpose it won’t be easy to get rid of her. Currently her goal is to make Joker the next Chairman. But if there is someone else who has a similar role then she may feel threatened if he performs better. Her use will have limits and she can’t have any kind of competition. Take Pill Jung for example she was gotten rid of when they were both teacher.

I initially pointed out that one of the reasons that she got rid of Pill Jung back then was due to her pride and ego getting hurt during her scandal. Not only did she not have anyone in the corner but people were already considering the fact that she was indeed guilty and that Pill Jung was so cool to try and defend her because they were friends. She couldn’t have that. Also some have wondered could Pill Jung’s popularity have also played a role in her jealousy towards her. Which starts to make sense when one considers everything. She tried to be this cool teacher yet she couldn’t come out of Pill Jung’s shadow which must have irked her to no end. For instance, when re-watching an earlier episode this seems to make more sense. Remember the episode when she got some of Pill Jung’s students to not attend her class because they claimed that their studies mattered more due to the upcoming tests and all. Who was the instigator behind it all? It was none other than Vixen herself. She convinces the kids to say that and she pretends to back them. making her look a bit cool and at the same time pretending to not only be on their side but support them as well. Since she appears to be considerate towards them and their condition. Pill Jung still managed to win out in the end when one of the students realized that she was being framed and reported the fact even though it was too late. Showing just who was sincerer and thus popular. I am assuming that Vixen wasn’t expecting that when she was confronted by her.

As for the mystery behind Kim Book Soon’s name change is certainly very intriguing and thus I am looking forward to finding out more about it. Heck she isn’t the only one but her son also shares the same trait. Apparently she named him something else but we all know him better as Kim Suk Joon who even now uses another alias while living with Pill Jung and family.

Speaking of Suk Joon’s original name change do any of you think it was done to protect him just as his mother’s name changed back in the day. Not sure if I brought this up in one of my previous posts but perhaps it was done for his own protection as well. The Chairman knows just what kind of woman his wife is like and how she would probably try and track down his mother and perhaps fight with her or tell her to take back her kid and all. Now considering the fact that the mother was going through a hard time especially considering her heart problems and all it makes sense that the Chairman didn’t want her suffering from any kind of stress and aggravating her condition. So he changed his name so even if she tried to track her down she would have ended up facing a dead end. Also it is probably another reason why he points out that the mother is dead as well. To an extent someone must have told him that as well. perhaps the person that faked Suk Joon’s name. He might have been under Cruella’s father’s pay role and was under orders to do so. This probably was to again prevent his daughter from searching out the mother and it would help sell the lie if the Chairman thought it to be the truth.

As for why Ae Shim had to change her name is a mystery. According to the old guy it was because she would be in danger. But in danger of what exactly. Was somebody chasing her and why. Also his claim that the Chairman took her away with him. Not sure how to interpret that as well. If he took her away as a child it could make sense but as an adult not so much. Did she go willingly and if so why or had he had her abducted. Perhaps it wasn’t the chairman at all and maybe he was being set up. For instance, it could have been Cruella’s father that may have sent people to track her down and then lied that they were sent by the Chairman just to make him look bad or some other reason. Or perhaps Shark assumes that the chairman may be responsible due to the fact that he is the current chairman and thus he is the one related to Cruella’s father (assumes that he is the son since he has inherited the company). Thus his reason to go after him.

Now I get that some people are getting irked that Vixen is getting more screen time especially compared to the main leads and all. But let’s be honest this is nothing new. The second leads always need to be one step ahead of the main leads if we want the story to progress. This means they need to discover critical information before the main leads and prevent them from discovering it because if they do then the story can end pretty quickly. Let’s say that the main lead is searching for their father and the second female lead discovers that her husband’s father just so happens to be the person they are searching for she will do her best not to let that happen because she may be afraid of what will happen to her considering that the male lead is the elder brother or the fact that his father may not have gotten over his first love and wants to return to her. She will then try and get rid of them so that her own position remains secure at the house. (no this isn’t an original thought but something that actually happened in a drama) now I could probably go on with these things but won’t since my example should be sufficient. Regardless of that in some cases the fear is justified but at others they are merely making a mountain out of a mole hill. This means that in this case she needs to discover certain things as well so that she can prevent the main leads from getting any sort of advantage. For instance, if she can discover Shark’s secret before anyone else and use it to her own advantage she may make herself look good as well as solidify her own position in that household. Perhaps a confirmation that Suk Joon isn’t related to the Chairman will probably ease everyone’s mind over there or the fact that Shark is searching for his missing sister who turns out to be Kim Book Soon. This means knowing Cruella’s nature she may try and find a way for Shark to get rid of Kim Book Soon from that house as well before revealing to him the truth. Though I am unsure if Vixen might reveal this bit right of the bat.

Still there is a ton of issues that she needs to discover and use to her advantage. For example Minho’s birth secret can be something that she can use as a blackmail item when her position is threatened. She can tell them that she has managed to locate the child and she can get rid of it for them or reveal this fact to the chairman or something similar, she is also in possession of the DNA results which indicates that Suk Joon is not related to Cruella. Not exactly sure what she can bargain with that since it’s revelation is bad for her side of the family and Suk Joon knowing the truth might not make much of a difference. Perhaps she can lie to him and tell him that if he doesn’t break up with Pill Jung then she will reveal a secret that will prevent them from being together. She could also use it to blackmail him to stepdown from the chairman’s positon if it seems like he is going to get it. Such as by telling him that he should withdraw because she has evidence that indicate that he isn’t fit to inherit the company and thus bring into question his existence and rights that he thinks that he has had due to being the Chairmen’s son. Not only that she may even further tease him with the fact that she is aware of his birth mother and where she is. These things may make him reconsider the position. That is assuming that he hasn’t already figured out that Kim Book Soon is his actual mother.

Speaking of her turns out that she only worked in a bars kitchen. Labeling her as a bar woman doesn’t seem to do justice. Still do wonder how Cruella even figured that much out. Now Cruella is hoping to push her to try and discover where her son may actually be. Who will be the first one to discover the truth and what will their reaction to it be. For instance, perhaps she may be glad that she finally got to achieve her wish of living with her son but will decide to stay quiet after that thinking that he would be happy with his current life and all or that may be the impression that she will get so will think that it is best that she doesn’t reveal this fact to him. This might frustrate Cruella but she may find other ways to reveal this birth secret without getting caught.

Come to think about it another reason why Vixen has suddenly gotten curious about Shark may again have something to do with her pride and ego getting hurt and not about him doing anything suspicious at all. This woman is all about the power that she has and that she can wield it over others. In this case she may have been interested in what her husband was planning so that she could help him behind his back and take credit for it. Thus making herself look good in the process as well. Unfortunately, she needs to be sneaky to make this work even better so she can’t exactly ask him. So she gets to the next best thing aka his right hand man aka Shark. But Shark isn’t helpful at all and this is even when he knows her position and all. Sure it shows his loyalty towards Shark but she can’t have anyone look at her down. His refusal to answer her questions makes it seem like he is doing exactly that. Since she can’t have that she needs to make him suffer for this slight. Thus she will start looking into him and try and find a weakness of his so that she can either use that against him to control or get rid of him. Then again it could be the other reasons that I mentioned before.

Yep definitely agree with all of you that Suk Joon’s friend is not only great but is also someone that is extremely perceptive and has actually figured out the reason why Suk Joon isn’t all that pleased in regards to Pill Jung’s choice. That friendship hopefully will last for a long time and he is equally good towards Pill Jung and her family when the truth is out. Suk Joon should learn to heed more of his advice. It is also good that he has someone on his team that he can actually trust and count on as Vixen is down to get him and the other team mates loyalty can be questioned. She seems to be impressed by those in power and she might even join Joker’s camp if promised with things like a promotion or something along those lines. With Suk Joon’s friend that might not be possible.

Anyway here are a few things that I am predicting will happen in an episode range. Let’s see how my range goes.

50 60 will be about Pill Jung and Suk Joon spending more time and start to realize that they may have feelings for each other

60 70 would be about the second leads discovering this and use every means to have them separated. Perhaps reveal his identity in the hopes that they break up

70 80 will be Minho’s birth secret and how they will resolve it. Also the main leads probably getting back together if they had been forced to break up.

80 90 will be about the family nearly losing their home due to LX Group trying ways to get it and perhaps Suk Joon finding a way to prevent that. Perhaps this will be the point when Pill Jung will realize that he has been sincere about his feelings all along and finally forgive him

90 100 will be about dealing with Suk Joon’s birth secret ramifications (probably has been revealed in the last arc).

100 120 Will be about Shark and his secret and how that affects the company. It will also be who inherits the company at the end and also end up tying any of the loose ends. Hopefully we will also get our happy ending at this point.

I can only assume that most of my predictions will be wrong and things will be resolved differently than the arcs that I have predicted but let’s just wait and see. Would be interested in knowing what arcs you all think will happen and in which episodes. Maybe we can make a game out of this.

Anyway I think that I covered most of my points for the time being. So till next time all of you take care and continue to enjoy this show and keep posting. As I look forward to reading all of them.

#Jokes On You Joker

@yamiyugi ~ so I had to really think about it on your response and question to blind date guy scheduling stuff -- I would say that a lot of this is very culture specific. it looks like blind date is following the rules because otherwise, seon jeong and bok soon would be ticked off.

so with the lunch date, it was a formal event where he went through bok soon. it wasn't pil jeong that he called. so bok soon had to approve of it and she thought it was acceptable that he meet the kids as well.  it was bok soon's call at that point. now, he booked an italian restaurant and took the kids out -- this was meant to be a treat where he thought of what they would like.

from kdramas, it seems that western style food is more of a luxury kind of item and in many kid-oriented dramas, the treat is a pizza or steak. seon jeong was impressed that it was expensive -- taking guests to a cheap restaurant is a kind of back handed insult but he spent money on them and thought of food the kids would like. all of the family members were impressed.

at least in my place, the host decides where we would go as the host is the one paying. if it was a split bill kind of scenario or an informal family/friends meet, then everyone suggests what they are in the mood for. but with a formal lunch/dinner, guests would never suggest what food to eat. that decision is purely up to the host. so him deciding on the restaurant didn't seem like a control move but merely being a good host.

and after the lunch date, it seems that blind date guy and pil jeong have moved on to a bit more informal stage because she has given him her number and he is messaging her in the morning. it didn't really strike me as odd that he would ask for a date when he is a bit free as they are now a bit more informal with each other. if it was insulting, then both seok joon and bok soon would have got really ticked off and discouraged her from going to meet him.

EDIT: P.S ~ @brooksmom chingus struggling with the dark mode, try the evolution beta mode. it is lot more easier to read. unfortunately, the white mode (which was also a bit too bright at times) has crashed and will take several weeks at the minimum to fix. to change to evolution mode, go to the very bottom of page and there should be a 'theme' button which you can use to select evolution. I also have increased the zoom page to 120% (hit ctrl and + button on your computer) to make it easier to read.

WOW PJ so lucky she will have 3 pursuer now :lol: Director SJ, Uncle of Witchie witch EJ, and lodger SJ. its really funny that PJ can remeber what SJ looks 7 years ago after seeing the Director. But not Lodger SJ :D

Now SH knew about EJ's rooting for SJ way back then, now he will start drinking and cheating on her (GOOD for her YES! BIG YES!)

29 minutes ago, kiefshi1056 said:

Now SH knew about EJ's rooting for SJ way back then, now he will start drinking and cheating on her (GOOD for her YES! BIG YES!)

bwahahah.. seok hwan looked so mad and I loved the way he found out -- it was so natural. her friends didn't even seem as shocked and called her cunning. they know what she is like. the instance I laughed in this episode was her interaction with secretary ha. she batted her eyelashes and made it seem like he has to tell her this secret on why seok joon is staying there and he just bluntly said "no" :lol:

31 minutes ago, kiefshi1056 said:

its really funny that PJ can remeber what SJ looks 7 years ago after seeing the Director. But not Lodger SJ

it was hilarious how she looked like she was swooning at the lunch and seok joon was so weirded out. kekeke... and his reaction to her saying that she eats little was hilarious. he was dying to make a snarky comment but has to hold himself in. but despite another clark kent routine, I like that she remembers him because of his kindness and how much that consoled her when she was having a tough time.

Archived