Episodes: 122

Genre: Romance, family

Airdate: May 4th - October 23rd, 2020

Airtime: Mon to Fri @ 8:30 KST

Director: Ko Heung Sik

Writer: Ahn Seo Jeong I

Official site: https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/momhasanaffair

Story:

Since her father left their home and her mother died, Oh Pil Jung has taken care of her younger sister. She dreams of having an ordinary life, including becoming a PE teacher, marrying a nice man, and having children. Her life changes after she marries Tae Sub, who has a son Min Ho. Tae-Sub goes bankrupt and causes trouble, but Pil Jung struggles to get out of the problems caused by Tae Sub. One day, Tae Sub suddenly dies. 7 years later, Pil Jung is busy doing odd jobs to support her son Min Ho and daughter Min Ji. Pil Jung is happy with her life as single mother, but Min Ho and Min Ji want to have a father who is cool and rich. (Cr: Asianwiki)

Cast:

mom2.png

Lee Jae Hwang as Kang Seok Joon

37 years old. He is the head of the planning office of the LX Group, who grew up without any deficiencies. He is a person who is shaken by Oh Pil Jung while fulfilling the duties given to his father, the chairman of LX Group. He has a pain in the inside because of the lack of love for his mother.

mom1.png

Hyun Jyu Ni as Oh Pil Jung
36 years old. She is a fixed-time physical education teacher and shows the appearance of a mother like ‘Candy’, who lives in desperation for her children.
mom4.png
Kim Hyung Beom as Kang Seok Hwan
40 years old. He is the eldest son and director of the LX Group, He has dreaming of successor. He is a proud and greedy person who is dissatisfied with his father's favoritism.
mom3.png
Moon Bo Ryung as Lee Eun Ju
36 years old. She is an English teacher at Yumin Junior High School, She is a smart, quick-looking but somewhat calculated person.
Supporting Cast:
Oh Pil Jung's Family
family1.png

Kang Seok Joon and Kang Seok Hwan's family
family2.png
Lee Eun Ju's Family
family3.png
Other cast:
others.png
Relationship chart:
엄마가 바람났다 인물관계도

Teaser:

Press Conference:

OST:

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] My mother is having an affair, 엄마가 바람났다 - Mon to Fri @ 8:30 KST - Lee Jae Hwan & Hyun Jyu Ni - Premieres on May 4th
On 3/30/2020 at 12:00 PM, Ldy Gmerm said:

Thanks for the thread. This looks interesting.. Can't wait to see it after Wanna Taste.

I thought Hyun Jyu Ni is the lead actress how come i didn't see her in the trailer. A big Oh! Oh! if she ain't the main character probably will skip this drama :anguished:

On 4/20/2020 at 12:59 PM, kiefshi1056 said:

I thought Hyun Jyu Ni is the lead actress how come i didn't see her in the trailer. A big Oh! Oh! if she ain't the main character probably will skip this drama :anguished:

Hyun Jyu Ni is with the main role @kiefshi1056 and she appears in the teasers.

49 minutes ago, 0ly40 said:

Hyun Jyu Ni is with the main role @kiefshi1056 and she appears in the teasers.

Sorry I didn't recognize her at all i rewatched it try to figure if that was really her, i think she gain a bit of weight and maybe the drama, try or make look a bit Omma look :tounge_wink:because of the character she is portraying

On 3/30/2020 at 11:54 AM, rolisrntex said:

Looks like PD-nim is the same one from "Happy Sisters" and "My Mother is a Daughter-in-Law". Good story teller should be fun. I love how he uses the background music and flashbacks to set the mood for the scene.

I so need a good storyteller right now!

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] My mother has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다 - Mon to Fri @ 8:30 KST - Premieres on May 4th
  • Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] My mother has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다 - Mon to Fri @ 8:30 KST

saw the first episode and I liked it. we start with the flashback and it looks a bit dark. the son draws his dad as a goblin. it looks like his restaurant failed and he takes out his anger and frustration on wife and child. pil jong is a temp contract teacher, her friend in high school, eun ju, now acts like an enemy and she hasn't paid her bills.

the guy's side -- seok joon is illegitimate but smart. so mom and older brother seok hwan hate him silently. not sure if he knows the truth about his birth but looks like he doesn't as he wonders whether mom will ever like him. he has a cute dog called leon which gets a lot of prominence for being cute. seok joon is studying to be a prosecutor just to please his mom but dad is already eyeing him as a potential successor because he actually has the brains. so property squabble in future? it looks like seok joon will get dumped soon as mom says that once the birth secret is out, the girlfriend's family will never agree to the match. seok hwan is being set up on a blind date with eun ju -- so maybe pil jong and eun ju will fight as sister-in-laws?

@dramaninja ~ am guessing that the title "mom has an affair" is because pil jong does not get a divorce. the husband likely runs off due to debt and so she is not legally able to separate. @brooksmom @tulip06 @kiefshi1056 @rolisrntex @Ldy Gmerm ~ so far, so good! keeping fingers crossed that this is a vast improvement from wanna taste. :)

EDIT:

@kiefshi1056 ~ was trying to figure out where I have seen the lead who plays seok joon. looked up his bio and he was in temptation of wife! wow, he has indeed grown older. :sweatingbullets: but he is supposed to be 37 in this drama. thats life I guess. we all grow old ^_^

back when he was in temptation of  wife...

Spoiler

fullsizephoto74199.jpg

First daily to make me smile in a while! Then again, it had me at Leon. :blush:

Also, is the little boy not main lead’s son?

Couple more questions: it’s the same writer for My Mother Is A Daughter In Law, right? Were there ever subs for that?

Those glasses on the main lead makes it look like his nose is fake too. If you know what I mean. Fake glasses with fake nose. Does anyone know what the color lines mean on the relationship chart. Blue is for related by marriage? Red/pink love. Grey ?

@tulip06The writer for this drama also wrote My son in law's woman; the actor who played JS in wanna taste played the lead. The writer for My daughter is a daughter in law is Lee Geun Young. Writer also wrote I'm a mother too. I got this information from Asian wiki and Dramalist

Per relationship chart is the fl mother in law related to ml? 

Full plot details! massive spoilers! Hopefully this one has  really sweet family moments I feel so bad for both leads.

Spoiler

In Pil-jung's life, the worst choice is to get married. Being orphaned at a young age, she had to support her younger sister. All she dreamed was a stable job and a healthy and normal life, but that went away when she got married to Tae-sup. Her violent husband passed away seven years ago, leaving her two children and massive debt. Pil-jung swore to take care of them and never get married. But, the kids have a different idea. They demand their mother one thing: a handsome and rich father. So Pil-jung contemplates getting married again, even though she has to break her promise. At the same time, she starts caring about Min-chul, a new tenant of her boarder house, never having a clue about his true identity or purpose.

just start watching episode 1. Did Hyun Jyu Ni purposely gain weight for this drama so she will look omma/ ajuma :grin:.  The guy portraying the husband is a bad guy again he remember him from Happy Sister. He is good in taking advantage wife role :tounge_wink: Im assuming that the wife is beaten and rape by husband at start of episode 2 :cry: my computer suddenly stop grrrr.

21 hours ago, brooksmom said:

Those glasses on the main lead makes it look like his nose is fake too. If you know what I mean. Fake glasses with fake nose. Does anyone know what the color lines mean on the relationship chart. Blue is for related by marriage? Red/pink love. Grey ?

@tulip06The writer for this drama also wrote My son in law's woman; the actor who played JS in wanna taste played the lead. The writer for My daughter is a daughter in law is Lee Geun Young. Writer also wrote I'm a mother too. I got this information from Asian wiki and Dramalist

Per relationship chart is the fl mother in law related to ml? 

I thought from an earlier post it would be the happy sisters writer. Now, I'm worried. I didn't like "my SIL's Woman."

Archived