[Drama 2020] My mom has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다

0ly40

bwahahah.. I was totally laughing at how ki beom handled the situation. he gave a brief "do you like her" question and then asked seok joon to think about it and left. he couldn't handle any more of seok joon's jealous ranting and had no patience to explain why it wasn't logical. LOL.

@tas82 @tulip06 ~ vixen must really want to be in control. not sure what she thinks she gains by snooping but cruella is another control bot. so no one is going to like the snooping. plus, it is absurd that she will go over when she is not on good terms with pil jeong. the other control move by taking over the foundation -- eye roll. what are mother and daughter so afraid of pil jeong for? she is a substitute teacher. what do they lose by her becoming more permanent? one would think she is threatening them and they have to kick her out. at least eun joo is paranoid as pil jeong knows her true romantic past but why is eun ha so nervous? since it looks like tae woo and seon jeong will eventually be paired, how will the relationship be with eun joo and eun ha? feels a bit of dread...

well, at least now the romance is going to start as both are kind of aware of their heart beats. fun! :selfie2:

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Dang PJ slap EJ in the preview ouch!  Also SJ is furious at his brother as well,I guess they messed with her job or something?

loving it! instead of a female lead whimpering and crying, she is just spitting angry and takes eun joo on at the office where everyone can see.

1 hour ago, foreverempress said:

I think she did mess with her job. Either way, that was the slap of the century!!!  

awesome slap that eun joo fell down. guess, one shouldn't mess with a PE teacher. she is physically fit! hahahaha... ^_^

Was really thinking about holding back in my posts till Soompi finishes with all its updates and all. Sometimes we get weird errors or posts all messed up. But at the end of the day decided to just go with the flow. Evolution really isn’t all that easy now is it.

Now on to the drama itself.

Spoiler

Still haven’t watched the preview with the slap. Guess that is going to happen tomorrow and will actually be looking forward to that. Mostly female leads are the ones on the receiving end and seldom dish it out on their own. So it would certainly be interesting to see the reason behind it. Though one can imagine the reasoning behind it. Remember the box that Vixen brought over to Pill Jung’s place. Her mother was a bit hesitant to accept it but she made it seem like it was okay to do so. If any questions were asked to just refer that she got if from a certain department. need to check which one that was.

Now we don’t know what was inside but knowing Vixen and how uncreative she is it is probably going to be a repeat of the past. Since she has been to be shown as a one horse pony she will try to make it appear as if she received a bribe and thus she isn’t eligible for the job. Infact that is another reason why she wants to take over the foundation and run it. As of now both she and her mother can’t actually fire Pill Jung especially after the promise that was made to her that she would get a permanent job at the school if the track and field team won in the next competition. Now if this was a request from Eun Ha on her own she could find some excuse to refuse it. perhaps she could say that the results were quite close and if Pill Jung needed the job she should ensure that the team wins next time with much better results. Then hope that Pill Jung would decide to leave on her own out of frustration. But since this request to grant her a full time job comes from the Foundation itself only they can rescind it. If Vixen is in charge of the foundation she is in the perfect position to do so.

@Lmangla Vixen going over to Pill Jung’s house even though she isn’t on good terms makes sense if you look at the way she went there. No I am not talking about the real reason why she went there to swipe the toothbrush but the timing of it. We have to remember something Kim Book Soon may know about Pill Jung’s past and how she was framed by a fellow teacher. But she has also never met said teacher as well so she can’t recognize Vixen as said teacher. Otherwise do you think that she would have calmly let Vixen into her house and even offered her some tea as well. Therefore, Vixen only had to introduce herself as someone from LX Group and that she had something to say. In other words, her real identity was never exposed. Also another thing to note is that she deliberately chose a time when she knew that Pill Jung wouldn’t be at home to cause a scene since she knew that Pill Jung was probably still at school. Unfortunately, as everyone here likes to point out she really isn’t all that smart. If she simply wanted to have her framed she would have had better luck either hiring someone else to go deliver that bribe to her house or send the other female in their team. (not advisable for a few reasons). She unfortunately messed up here because Pill Jung is going to wonder where the so called bribe came from when she is going to be confronted about it. Her mother will then let her know that someone from LX Group showed up and that it was a female to boot. Considering the fact that she knows only one female over there that has something against her it won’t be all that difficult for her to figure out that Vixen was behind this again. Had Vixen used someone else then Kim Book Soon would fail to recognize her and she would have been in the clear. Naturally this would mean that she wouldn’t have been able to get her hands on the toothbrush but that is for another time.

As to why those two are afraid of Pill Jung getting a permanent job is equally interesting. Vixen’s paranoia is only limited to people that are known by both parties. In this case Suk Joon was one of them because she had her eye set on him and knew that if her past was revealed it would have been game over and thus tried to get those two separated. But that really doesn’t apply here. Who is Pill Jung going to air her dirty laundry to. She isn’t a teacher so she has nothing to fear at this point. Not only that she has a good job and happily married as well. No her wanting to get rid of Pill Jung this time round is simply spite. For some weird reason she has never liked Pill Jung from day one. None of it is properly explained. Even that childhood crush was absurd. Regardless of it all she can’t bear to see her happy and successful. She always feels like she has to remind Pill Jung about her position and not to try and rise above it. Remember the actual reason why she asked her mother if they had a teacher named Pill Jung and if someone with that name came for a job they must never hire them.

This was the same day that she had bumped into Pill Jung again and the confrontation between them was along the line that Pill Jung was still happy no matter what she did to her and was still searching for a way to accomplish her dreams but she was supposedly jealous of Pill Jung for various reasons. She naturally denied all of this but her pride was hurt once again (probably because she realized that was indeed the case). So to try and teach her a lesson she asked her mother for a favour. So her not wanting Pill Jung to be a teacher makes total sense. Now as for her mother this is a bit complicated. First of all, I guess it is because her dream clashes with her own goal. If Pill Jung becomes a full time teacher, then she is unable to disband the track and field team and build that ice hockey ring and team. The other problem is a bit on the personal level. She seems to have blind fate in her daughter. Thus she believes the fact that Vixen was never involved in an affair with a fellow teacher and that it was all slander on the parts of others. Therefore, she is basing her judgement on Pill Jung based on the character described by Vixen. Perhaps even assumes that she was the one responsible for those rumours in the first place as well. In this case her first priority is to protect reputation of her daughter. Not sure how long that is going to last though. Eventually the truth will come out. Though I doubt that her bias toward Pill Jung will still go away.

Some of the sweet moments between the leads was especially when Suk Joon got along with both kids. He really can’t seem to say no to Minji now can he. She got the experience that she wanted from her parents. He also went on a gaming round with Minho and not only that tried to cover for him so that he wouldn’t get into trouble with Pill Jung. He even treated him to a meal when they were kicked out. Interestingly they clicked even here showing that they have a lot in common in between them apart from games. Another good sign of him being accepted as a parent down the line. Not only this but he also got a better understanding of the kids especially Minho.

Such as he realized that Minho just didn’t want a rich dad for his own good but because he didn’t want his mother to suffer for long and that is the reason that he wanted a dad and why it would take too long for him to grow up and give his mother a good life. Speaking of this some people have wondered about the fact of what Minho would do once he discovered he actually has a rich dad. Assuming that they come for him for some reason or the other and ask him to return to the family. Some were on the fence that he would actually be happy and leave him mother even after all she did for him and the responses that he gave to her such as what has she ever done for him etc.. but this episode actually shows another side of him. We are back to the considerate kid that he once used to be. Therefore, I doubt that he will care all that much about his real dad and his rich family. The only way that he would be willing to return to that house is if they promise him that they will look after his family for the rest of their life that he may actually consider going there. They may have to lie to him with a fake promise that they will do just that but secretly not care about it at all. Since they just need him. Perhaps they may promise him that they will send him abroad thus he is totally unaware of the fact that they aren’t keeping their end of the bargain.

Probably only part of it will happen. Since I doubt that they can accept him in their current situation they will probably approach Pill Jung with the offer of sending him abroad with LX Group fully funding his studies and all. They will try and base it of on good intentions and the fact that he is actually good in his studies and whatnot. (the power of the foundation will come into play here). Though the real reason behind them doing so is to hide this fact from the Chairman and that he doesn’t discover the truth which will result in him cutting them off. Or perhaps this will be an initiative on Vixen’’s part for similar reasons and also to prevent taking care of him. If this is the case she might end up in trouble with Cruella when she gets caught.

Regardless of all this the episode was good because the main leads actually started to realize that they may have feelings for the other and that they actually were a bit jealous to see the other with someone else. So this means that we will finally get some progress in their romance at this point. Have to agree with all of you that Ki Bom finally had enough of his friend’s rant and told him to listen to what his heart had to say for the answer. Was the shortest 10 minutes but fully worthwhile. Don’t really like Nosy but she served her purpose for Pill Jung so I guess she was finally good for something. Perhaps she should have found a good date for Pill Jung back in the day instead of Scrooge then she wouldn’t have been in this position. You can be sure that Vixen isn’t going to take this as good news and will start to find other ways to plot to break them up.

As for Kim Book Soon she actually saw the blanket. Unfortunately, due to her poor eyesight she probably couldn’t make the stitches out clearly and before she could get a closer look Suk Joon returned with Minho. Suk Joon as predicted didn’t make much noise about why it was outside. He clearly doesn’t believe in Aliens being interested in simple human clothes to try and take them away for experiments. So he simply put it back in the drawer. But we are made sure to notice the fact that the draw hasn’t been fully closed with a bit of the blanket still sticking out of it. Now we just have to wait and see what will be the reason for Kim Book Soon to see it again. Can we use the day old excuse and blame the dog for it? (didn’t do my homework because the dog ate it/ran away with it. etc..). In this case it might be possible for it to go upto his room on its own (we know that it can do this from one of the earlier episodes sometime back). So it sees the blanket and grabs the edge out and starts to play with it. maybe even drags it downstairs where Kim Book Soon finds and recognizes it. Either this or she will get curious about it again so goes to his room to search for it and finds it in the drawer.

Other than this we see Vixen confront Shark again about the progress for the missing child and tells him to keep her in the loop. He is clearly starting to have enough of her and will probably start to find some way to keep her in control. Better happen soon though. She needs to be taught her place soon. As for the scene in the preview where Shark is strangling the chairman for answers on his missing sister is clearly a dream on his part. Will be willing to bet some of my donation points about this. Unless the episode is out but I haven’t watched it yet.

People have wondered why Vixen is so busy snooping around when her In Laws don’t want her to know stuff. I think it is more in line to show them that she is actually useful. Her biggest obstacle in her life is Cruella once she wins her over things will be easy for her to accomplish her goals. Problem is that she doesn’t make things easy. For instance, her wanting to take over the foundation is for personal reasons but doing so places her in bad books with Cruella who thinks that she is getting a bit too ambitious and is eyeing her position as head of the house. Then she also does other things that she doesn’t approve. Now on the other hand if she helps them out with their biggest obstacle namely Suk Joon himself won’t they appreciate it and accept her and consider her useful. Once that happens she can possibly retire from work and enjoy her new found wealth. Also they might find her a bit more resourceful if she takes the initiative and solves problems and obstacles before them and without even being told about it. They would think that she is perfect and whatnot. Though to be fair the only one thinking that would be Joker as Cruella would realize that she was correct all along and that she is an actual threat that needs to be taken care of.

Anyway that covers most of my points for the time being. till next time take care all of you and keep posting. Need to go watch another drama while waiting for the subs to come out for the latest episode.

woo hoo! he confessed! I love that he didn't waffle and just straight out told her how he feels. I am enjoying pil jeong as a character and her approach to life and how different that feels. while she feels flutters, she asks if it is because there was no one to protect her all these years and so those incidents made her skip a beat. I like that she asks if she is feeling flutters because she wants someone to protect her heart of hearts or that she is attracted to him.

it is nice to see a lead think through these feelings as I sometimes don't buy the romance in many dramas. it feels like they all of a sudden fall in love for no reason at all and can't even tell why they like someone. (I am actually watching a revenge daily where the romance was more like a joke).

watching the preview with subs really makes me annoyed at eun joo; she deserves to get slapped. this is going to go badly for her. unlike the last time, it isn't just pil jeong affected but the kids in the team who are dreaming about a future in sports. so neither the kids or their parents are going to be as kind or understanding because eun joo has nothing beside an irrational jealously of pil jeong. am curious to see what steps seok joon will take because it looks like he is really angry. he doesn't look like the type that will just sit and stay still.

EJ is also overly confident she thinks she can do what she likes with no blow back. She also thinks she's above SJ now she knows the birth secret. I can't wait to see that slap. Her and her mum schemed to get her the foundation position just so they can withdraw the offer about being a permanent teacher if the team does well. She should have let sleeping dogs lie slowly but surely all her dirty pass will be revealed and I hope her mother loses her position too. I know we'll have to wait for all that but yeah  role on tomorrow, the slap will make up for all the angst and annoyance it will bring.

Forgot to add PJ won't spill the beans but I think once her family hear about it and they realise its the English teacher from before. SJ will find out through them some of EJ dodgy pass. I agree with @Lmangla he won't let it rest so easily.

2 hours ago, tas82 said:

Forgot to add PJ won't spill the beans but I think once her family hear about it and they realise its the English teacher from before. SJ will find out through them some of EJ dodgy pass. I agree with @Lmangla he won't let it rest so easily.

am looking forward to him finding out; he is already a bit of smart cookie in that he never believed a single word out of vixen's mouth. so it is lot harder to pull the wool over his eyes. he also knew from the beginning that vixen has something against pil jeong and so he is less likely to buy any of her stupid excuses.

2 hours ago, tas82 said:

I know we'll have to wait for all that but yeah  role on tomorrow, the slap will make up for all the angst and annoyance it will bring.

yea, at least for now, that slap will be satisfying. it is good we dont' have to wait till almost the end to have that satisfaction!

53 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

How do we unsquish?  It's very hard to read.

the new light mode frame seems to be smaller. if you find it difficult, switch to evolution mode which I find easier to navigate and read as well.

I have some kind of bug going on. My daughter phobic as she is rushed me to be tested. Waiting...  No,  I'm not waiting for that. I'm waiting for the weekend when I know I'll feel better and I can catch up with my dramas and postings.

I peeked at this thread today and for sure I will watch. Thursdays ep should be up soon RAW.

watching tv/computer screen makes me weak to watch dramas.  eye strain? So, what happened to sec ha? did he ever get to choke the chairman or was it all a dream.  And 

15 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Yep wont last long at all its way too soon. His identity is still secret and the whole ex husband thing mannn he going to be in for a hurting.

I don't understand "the whole ex husband thing". Why would he be hurting. Would I have to watch the latest eps to get this. Who has an ex husband. PJ was still married when her husband died. Eu has only been married once and still is. Is it SJ's real mom?

If I was PJ and I found out what he did, I'd be crushed, betrayed. I'd give him two slaps. The extra one for good measure. And he can find his belongs thrown outside and his suitcase.  I'm not PJ but I'm sure SJ going to work really hard to win her back. And she's make him wait an eternity.  So who's going tell PJ who really killed her husband, sec ha?

28 minutes ago, brooksmom said:

watching tv/computer screen makes me weak to watch dramas.  eye strain? So, what happened to sec ha? did he ever get to choke the chairman or was it all a dream.  And 

I don't understand "the whole ex husband thing". Why would he be hurting. Would I have to watch the latest eps to get this. Who has an ex husband. PJ was still married when her husband died. Eu has only been married once and still is. Is it SJ's real mom?

If I was PJ and I found out what he did, I'd be crushed, betrayed. I'd give him two slaps. The extra one for good measure. And he can find his belongs thrown outside and his suitcase.  I'm not PJ but I'm sure SJ going to work really hard to win her back. And she's make him wait an eternity.

Sorry I was talking about PJ husband I didnt know how to go about it lol.  She will think for sure he kill him and got away with it because he is rich. She  going to have strong mixed feelings about that.  

Also yeah that was all in his mind he was dreaming of choking him.

If you're dipping in and out of episode today's most definitely a must watch it brings a double dose of goodness.

I'm just gonna pretend I can't see the icebergs a head. Sail ship sail!!!!:gangnamstyle:

1 hour ago, tas82 said:

If you're dipping in and out of episode today's most definitely a must watch it brings a double dose of goodness.

I'm just gonna pretend I can't see the icebergs a head. Sail ship sail!!!!

@tas82 love love the gif lol . Im still in aw from ep 53 When SJ confessed his feelings . It's one of my favorite episodes so far I watched it twice I couldn't stop laughing at SJ. Min Ji

is adorable he just can't say no to her lol. I saw the slap heard around world she going to get a whole lot more before it's over, that was just a appetizer. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near SJ when he finds out about his birth Mom , If he's this angry about PJ , hes going to be like the incredible hulk when he finds out about his Mom lol.

In the Preview PJ shows him the hankie he gave her 7 year ago hes in shock,  he definitely knows now their love is meant to be.  But as @tas82 said I can't see the icebergs ahead , I'm to busy enjoying their happiness for which we know won't last long.

Archived