[Drama 2020] My mom has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다

0ly40

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kiefshi1056 said:

WOW PJ so lucky she will have 3 pursuer now :lol: Director SJ, Uncle of Witchie witch EJ, and lodger SJ. its really funny that PJ can remeber what SJ looks 7 years ago after seeing the Director. But not Lodger SJ :D

Now SH knew about EJ's rooting for SJ way back then, now he will start drinking and cheating on her (GOOD for her YES! BIG YES!)

Yep PJ is one lucky Woman lol. It's about time Vixen gets payback !. I can't stand her smiling and gitty all the time so fake. As for PJ knowing what SJ look like 7 years ago , The hanky helped her remember and also back then SJ had somewhat started growing facial hair. Oh that horrible rag on his head they need to burn it lol, I know it was only for a disguise but it looked terrible. I'm enjoying the slow burn to their romance, How he is building her confidence and encouraging her. I  love how he is slowly bonding with the kids unknowingly , Min Ji  has him wrapped around her finger. In the preview she puts a bandaid on his boo boo lol it's so cute and heart warming.

The PJ and SJ romance is starting sail and the  Villians will hopefully slowly and painfully get what's coming to them. I'm also looking forward to all the birth secrets and relationships being revealed it's going to be quite interesting.  I got my popcorn I'm in for the long haul.

4 hours ago, tulip06 said:

I just started episode 47, and it’s the same voice as her tenant! Can she not hear it?

she is on fangirl mode -- too busy drooling to hear his voice. kekekek...

:heythere:

The only sad part about the budding romance is at some point SJ will get busted in his lies. There is no way EJ nor her mom will let PJ have a smooth romance. Both women look down on everyone else and after EJ has bad mouthed PJ to her mom they will not let PJ get even close to being with SJ even if he is illegitimate. Someone or something will expose SJ for who he is and why he is living in that house. It could even be stepmom. 

My view is as soon as the romance heats up something will blow up their tentative bond that was just growing.  That does not mean that they won't get back together because I see them doing so its just that until SJ is exposed that romance is on borrowed time. Its a betrayal to be living in their house while trying to figure a way to get them out of it.  Also his initial deal with EJ's mother will come out. It will not matter that he later wanted to help her keep her job full time it's the fact that he again did something so mean to start. He will be scrambling to explain.

What I wonder the most is will he learn the woman is his mother before the blow out or after? Will he realize why then stepmom and SH wanted him to move into that house? How mean is it to let him go to his bio mom and don't tell him but want to kick her out of her house? How long before the chairman (and minion) make their way to that house and they realize who the woman is? My guess is Minion will eventually find a tie back to his sister through the chairman. He will most likely see the picture. The chairman will be upset that it took him so long to get to that house later when he realizes SJ was living with his bio mom the woman the chairman was looking for. 

Then we have a bigger issue. When will they both learn that SJ was suppose to be the man who killed her husband? Will they make up and the writer let them get married (before the end of the drama) and EJ learns all the secrets of the evil mom and son and exposes it to keep PJ and SJ apart? At some point EJ's past will come out and given how nosy she is being now towards minion I can see her learning things she should not as a safety blanket for when stepmom and SH want to kick her out due to her past. Blackmail will not be above EJ to stay in that marriage and that house. Her mother and her are greedy and grasping yet both seem like they are shrews. 

SH deserves what he gets from EJ since he was so caught up in her and did not listen to his mother when she tried to caution him. He ran full speed at EJ's and her mom's pace to get married fast in a huge wedding when he should have been doing what his father said and tried to keep it low key. When he learns that she had a man (a married one at that) in the past and was caught and pregnant at one time (this is why she prolly will not be able to have kids with him or will have a hard time having one)he will not be able to handle it since he truly thought she was a sweet and kind woman. 

We will later see a repeat of what happen with SJ and stepmom when they learn that MH is SH's son. There is no way that EJ will raise another woman's son just like stepmom did not want to. Especially if that child had ties to PJ and it throws in her face she can't have kids. It should be interesting to watch EJ to continue to count her chickens before they hatch with her mother but also see her digging in things that have nothing to do with her. IN the end I truly hope to see her mom out of a job because she is not a good educator or principle to want to see her students fail in order to get an ice hockey team. I would love for the parents to learn of her non supportive attitude and want her fired. I feel like she will prolly end up that way if EJ's past comes out. EJ should end up in jail at the end. Not sure she will but I can see her doing some dirty deals in the dark if it gets her want she wants as she is very greedy and I see her wanting to take the company for herself later. At the very least I know her reputation will be gone and she will not be able to find a job anywhere if she manages to stay out of jail. EJ will get a taste of what PJ went through because of EJ's framing her. (at least I hope so.)

@Ldy Gmerm  This dramas almost half over or halfway more to go. There's a lot that has to be exposed.

What has happened so far. PJ and husband. Suk Joon in nerd glasses. EU being mean to PJ. EU's past. EU pursuing Suk Joon. The new Suk Joon. Suk Joon lives in PJ's home. The track team. EU now pursuing SJ's brother and marrying him. The mysterious photo. Eu's mother and the gang. SH and mother cahoots.  Kids want handsome rich dad. PJ goes dating. Filler story EU's brother and PJ's stepsister adventures.  That shady guy with that look looking for his sister - he has the photo. The chairman has the photo too. PJ's stepmom has the photo too.

@Lmangla I guess the best thing about our discussion would be to end it at cultural differences. I was going to add a few things more in regards to it but now I feel that won’t be necessary. Regardless you make some good points. But while we are on the topic of the date itself do you really think that is the last that we have seen of the date himself. I only ask this because of his reaction towards not being chosen by Pill Jung. He doesn’t seem too happy about it and not only that he tells her that she is going to regret her choice for not accepting him. Now I get that is more of a matter of interpretation. For instance, he should have wished her luck and happiness in her life instead of that. I do get that him saying that could be a general point that she could regret this later on. But it was something in his tone that I didn’t like. Maybe I am just to biased against the guy.

Regardless it is possible that he may therefore end up showing in future episodes perhaps to interfere with the company or better yet to prove me wrong. Perhaps the company will be facing some sort of crisis due to the problems caused by the ongoing feud between Suk Joon and his family or they did something that will blow up in their faces. At this point they will need help to retain the company and the banks would be hesitant to help them. Then Pill Jung will come to the rescue because she knows this blind date and asks him to help them out. For instance, we are still hoping to see Vixen’s Ex show up. She did promise him that the moment he starts to run she will show up and reveal their past relationship. She really has to do that.

Now on to other parts of the drama itself.

Spoiler

Was it only me but did both brothers seem a bit creepy in this episode. Joker had that mad look once he discovered the truth about Vixen having feelings and waiting to marry Suk Joon before she chose him. As for Suk Joon when he went on about his first love who was a PE Teacher and he fell for her due to her scent of sweat. Yep that sounded really weird and we only find out later on that was actually true. Guy sure has weird tastes but to each their own.

Speaking of the reveal (Joker finding out about being Vixen’s second choice) I felt like it came a bit earlier than expected. Just goes to show how good my predictions are. I didn’t want him to discover it so soon as it would mean that those two already start fighting amongst each other. Wanted that to happen a bit later. But I guess that this is a good thing since she will always be living in fear when he will discover the rest and have her kicked out. She needs some kind of insurance policy to continue living there. this means more plots and schemes from her end. Though I still think that Vixen can be a bit of an idiot. The guy atleast for all his faults was still honest with her that before he met her he dated multiple women in his past but after being her she would be his only one. At this point she should have come clean to him about her past relationship with the fellow teacher. Instead she come about making him feel very happy that he is her first and all that. When he discovers that was also a lie she is going to be in major trouble. Heck since she is such a good liar she could have come up with a better story in which she is the victim. She could have claimed that she was in a relationship with a guy who promised her that they would get married but he failed to mention that he was married and she only found this fact out when his wife showed up at her school and pulled her hair and all that. After that betrayal she decided not to be with any guy until she met him and fell for his sincerity. That would have gone much better and he would have felt equally as important and since he is still so into her he might have even suggested in helping her out take revenge on said guy.

Did find it amusing how Shark told her that he couldn’t confide in her even though she had become Joker’s family. That really hurt her pride and ego. How could a mere worker dare to defy her request. He must may for this insolence. Though in this case Shark could have been a bit more honest since he too is pretty much in the dark about all of this as well. But then we wouldn’t have much progress in the story because that way she wouldn’t try and find a reason to get rid of him and thus discover his secret and try to use that to her advantage. Shark did have a point though. If she was family, then they would have let her in if it was actually important. Since they didn’t then she really didn’t need to know that.

So Vixen still wants Joker to tell him about Suk Joon’s birth secret on his own so that she can pretend to help him. Otherwise if she takes any sort of action now they will get suspicious of her motives. He is probably already wondering why she chose him when she was initially chasing after his brother when she knew that he was going to be selected as the future chairman. She needs to really lie to pull that one of.

So as well all guessed Pill Jung failed to recognize Suk Joon in disguise but somehow recognized him as the guy that helped her out seven years ago even though he still has the same voice as her current tenant. Yep totally not strange at all. I mean if you recognized past Suk Joon how can you not recognize present one. I tell you it’s those glasses that have Super Powers that make people fail to do so in all these dramas. nothing else makes sense at this point. He didn’t look all that different back then and now. Though in this case I will admit I couldn’t easily recognize him. So that too is a bit weird. But lets just go with the flow.

Things that I liked in this episode was when Suk Joon spent some time with Minji with no agenda whatsoever and helped her learn how to ride a bicycle and then later on when she was ill rushed her to the hospital on his back. He certainly gets points over here.

As people pointed out once Suk Joon’s real identity and purpose for living in Pill Jung’s house is going to get revealed those two will naturally end up breaking up for a short time until something happens that will change their mind. But regardless of that don’t expect them to get married before the last episode because it simply isn’t possible. While some shows may have the leads marry in the middle and then we get other kinds of dramas this show doesn’t have that going for it. In this case the reason would simply be Kim Book Soon herself. She is like a mother to Pill Jung so naturally she would be invited to the wedding and if by this time she hasn’t discovered the truth behind Suk Joon’s identity she would show up to it. So would the Chairman since it is his son’s wedding and at that point those two would end up meeting. Something that Cruella doesn’t want to happen as long as the Chairman is in control. This means that she will have to find a way to sabotage the event before the actual wedding happens. How that will be remains to be seen. Therefore, until this matter is resolved don’t expect those two to get married any time soon.

So while it would certainly be interesting to see Pill Jung in that house and slowly impress everyone over there and win them over much to the ire of Vixen I find it hard to believe that can happen. Not that Vixen and her mother will let it happen as some have pointed out. This isn’t only because Suk Joon is an illegitimate kid but also because Pill Jung is one of the few people that actually knows about Vixen’s past. If she ever revealed any of that then she knows that she could get kicked out of that house, not only that but she probably couldn’t bear to lose out to her rival in anything. Not only in popularity at that house but also to the fact that Suk Joon her first choice rejected her for a mere nobody like Pill Jung. On top of all this her mother is totally in the dark about what her own daughter is really like. She thinks that her daughter can do no wrong and that is why everyone that is against her are a bunch of liars and whatnot. That is why she isn’t even getting to know Pill Jung and is merely taking her daughters word that she may say things that aren’t true just to hurt her thus a threat that needs to be eliminated. She also can’t see that Pill Jung is actually good towards her students because she only has one goal and that is to build an ice hockey team and Pill Jung is in her way much to her ire. Also if Pill Jung can actually pull of this victory then her dreams all come dashing down. So in a way Pill Jung is a thorn to both mother and daughter for different reasons.

Though I do wonder how she will try and get rid of her if she does pull of a victory for the track team. I know that she doesn’t want to give her that permanent position. Not only because of her daughter but like I pointed out because this will mean that she is unable to accomplish her own goals of building an ice hockey team. I guess she may decide to reveal the fact as someone mentioned that Suk Joon initially suggested to only hire her so that she would fail and thus they would have a reason to fire her and disband the track team as well so that she could build the ice hockey team. This will make her feel hurt and think about not accepting the offer. Then it will be upto Suk Joon to convince her that she is wrong and that she earned the spot fair and square and that it was all through her hard work that the team won in the first place and that she shouldn’t give up her dreams. Thus we can have her show up at the end of the episode telling the principal that she has made up her mind and that she is going to accept the offer. After all the principals excuse that they will have to disband the team since they have no teacher will become void at this point.

I am really feeling uncomfortable about Pill Jungs sister wanting to open up her own pizza joint. Yes, we will probably get a lot of PPL because of that but the way things are going are really bad for Pill Jung and her family. First of all, as I mentioned earlier to start that business they have had to put up their house as a collateral to take out a loan. This is bad if Cruella and family find out for obvious reasons. The second reason being the place that she is going to lease out to start her business just so happens to belong to Vixen’s mother. This means that they will have another way to target her so that she has a hard time and try and force her to shut down early or something along the line. I guess in a way it is a good thing that she is partnering up with Tae Woo since he can give a piece of his mind to his family once he discovers their involvement. Come to think about it do you know what I would find even more amusing at this point is if he decides that he has had enough of his crazy family and finally decides to move out. Unfortunately, he doesn’t have the funds to go live anywhere else so he also ends up at Pill Jung’s house as a boarder. At this point Suk Joon has already been revealed for who he really is so he has returned home and his room is now empty or those two are forced to share a room now. That might actually be interesting considering that there isn’t all that much room in that room in the first place. But that would really get on his family’s nerves which would be for some bonus points and all. If he also tries to prevent them from getting rid of that house by staying there even better. Though for this to happen he has to turn his back on both his mother and sister. Uncle probably should leave that house ASAP and return to his own house. This way his daughter can get her own room. Oh wait now that Vixen is married she does have the room all to herself. How dumb of me not to realize this.

But once those two leave the house Mother and Daughter would be cut off from all news concerning Pill Jung which would be good for everyone involved. As this way they can make plans on how to get rid of her depending on the latest news that they get. For instance, the mother discovered that Pill Jung was busy with the students because she had broken up with her current blind date. This is bad for her because the more time Pill Jung spends on the team the higher the chances of them to win the competition. But if she is more focused on dating and then setting up her marriage the less time she focuses on the team. Then again perhaps Minho shouldn’t be telling people what happens at his home like that.

@dolorisbrady Good for you for stocking up on some popcorn. I had some but they all got finished by my nephews and thanks to the lockdown I really can’t get them anymore. Otherwise I would have joined you in it as well.

@brooksmom LoL thanks for the compliment. It is just that after watching so many dramas you generally get a feel of what to expect in these shows. Though I just realized that I probably forgot to add the secret that connect the two leads in there being discovered. After all that is going to put a major strain in their relationship or perhaps it might be what ends the issue and gets them back together.

In this case I can probably see how this plays out. Once Vixen discovers that those two are close and nothing that she has done has broken them apart she gets desperate. Along the way she discovers the truth of about how Suk Joon was framed for murdering Secretary Park. This will probably be thanks to the recording that Cruella is keeping as insurance policy. Now somehow Vixen will have found out that Pill Jung was married to Secretary Park. She will at this point show up at Pill Jung’s place and try numerous times to discourage her from marrying Suk Joon but will be vague about it. Just tell her things like they aren’t meant to be or that she will regret it if she continues. If Pill Jung continues to refuse her she may be forced to reveal the fact that Suk Joon was the one that murdered her husband and the father of her children and how could she continue to live with such a person. Now at this point things are going to get interesting since Pill Jung will be initially hesitant to believe this fact but Vixen will probably have some sort of proof and use it. Such as perhaps tell her to go check out the facts at the police station where she will get the confirmation. Now Pill Jung can go all doubtful and breakup with him until she finds out the truth or she decides to believe in the Suk Joon that she has come to know and love and be on his side no matter what others say and do. Infact if the chairman discovers this he may appreciate her even more and even allow her to become his DiL much to the chagrin of the others. Perhaps we may even end up seeing that one detective that didn’t seem corrupt show up to help them out. I do wonder what happened to him. Is he still busy trying to solve the case or was he punished by Cruella and sent of somewhere far away so that he can’t cause her family any trouble and for daring to ask Joker to come to the station as a suspect. Regardless things can get a bit interesting at this point.

Anyway I think that this covers most of my points for the time being. So all of you take care and keep posting. Looking forward to reading all of your posts and thoughts in regards to all of this.

26 minutes ago, yamiyugi said:

@Lmangla I guess the best thing about our discussion would be to end it at cultural differences. I was going to add a few things more in regards to it but now I feel that won’t be necessary. Regardless you make some good points. But while we are on the topic of the date itself do you really think that is the last that we have seen of the date himself. I only ask this because of his reaction towards not being chosen by Pill Jung. He doesn’t seem too happy about it and not only that he tells her that she is going to regret her choice for not accepting him. Now I get that is more of a matter of interpretation. For instance, he should have wished her luck and happiness in her life instead of that. I do get that him saying that could be a general point that she could regret this later on. But it was something in his tone that I didn’t like. Maybe I am just to biased against the guy.

kekeke... I don't know if we will see him again. it seems like we have quite a lot on the plate story wise that needs to be covered as pointed out by @Ldy Gmerm and @brooksmom as we have barely covered the basics. am not sure how many episodes this drama is -- 100? 120? if we run out of story maybe, then the blind date guy may show up again when seok joon and pil jeong break up (because all couples in daily must break up once! hahhhahah)...

as for his reaction breaking up, he was a bit testy but he seemed much more polite than the model guy earlier who turned really nasty on her. blind date was a better frog than the others combined! guess, it is human nature -- no one likes to be rejected but I did like how she phrased her reason and was also kind and rather gentle in her rejection - she realized she was a wildflower that likes the rain and snow and so were her kids. so basically saying indirectly that she realized that she does not need a protector but is looking more for support kind of role from her future husband. so all good!

EJ uncle definitely felt something for PJ :D.  We still have 70 episode right? Im sure lots of dragging gonna happen. Im afraid that the track team will be in trouble because if YK find out that Dad likes PJ she will quit the team

DId something happen to EJ and SJ in England (one night stand?!!) SH is so stupid and mam's boy he will be toyed by EJ til the end.

53 minutes ago, kiefshi1056 said:

DId something happen to EJ and SJ in England (one night stand?!!)

nothing ever happened because seok joon thought she was an idiot and he couldn't even bother to have even a small conversation. he pegged her as a gold digger and arrogant from the start and took an instant dislike to her. however, her friend knew that seok joon was on her target list. based on the preview, it looks like seok hwan is already beginning to consider cheating on eun joo. all I can say is ha! she is such annoying character that can't even care less. just feel like it is karma. and her acting so innocent. am giving points to seok hwan -- thought he would such an idiot that he would swallow the lies that eun joo says but nope, he didn't buy her calling it a "misunderstanding". he is now putting together the pieces. can't wait for him to realize that seok joon rejected her and he ended up being the second choice -- then eun joo is in a world of trouble!

looks like doctor is having a bit of crush on pil jeong. wonder how it will turn out... and now that tae woo and seon joong are starting the pizza joint, chingus, how long do you think it will take for the principal to find out?

P.S ~ chingus, if you haven't done so, vote for the badges you would like to see in the members shop immediately. check out the thread -- the new badges are done by your fellow chingus and are so much fun! :)

@Lmangla  I too, have always thought that that track kids father is sweet on PJ. But the only thing holding him back is his daughter and his sister. So by visiting the track practices, he gets to spend time with his daughter and PJ. I haven't seen the latest ep subbed. He was so eager to give injured PJ a piggy back ride but his daughter stopped him. Does he have back problems. Now PJ gets to experience why her little cutie daughter loves Suk Joon's piggy back rides.

You were all right. SH is now going to give EU a hard time. Womanizing, drinking, etc. Maybe, he'll also take her credit cards away, and have her be a stay at home wife. :w00t: Oh my goodness, does anyone feel sorry for EU.

New EP here

https://www.ondemandkorea.com/mom-has-an-affair-e49.html

Wow she super sneaky I see, going to backfired thought eventually. I bet she eventually blackmail this idiot when eh eventually finds out in some way 

Good scene here

God this is so sweet he did not expect this

They really so much better together now

Is anyone else finding EJ getting outed for liking SJ first a tedious storyline? I felt like she has a point, nothing happened, and she actually defended her husband very well in refusing to discuss him with SJ. But SK is such a pissant, Urgh. She should just leave. Go back to London.

@tulip06  I kinda thought that too. I always thought that he already knew but at that time eu was rejecting him. In the end, he married her. I think what got his goat, is that the employees were gossiping, putting eu down and him too. And him, being the kid he is, got his feelings hurt and went into a rage and started to blame the two people they were gossiping about, his brother and his wife. And as usual she turned things around to her advantage. I guess they deserve each other. Sorry, who should back to London, the happy gossiper?

Ah bless Little Min Ji our cupid in disguise. 

My dudes been undercover for years why are they making him suddenly so reckless. It just doesn't read well. Of all people to have find him out had to be the snaky Vixen. Urgh..we in for more antics and tedious story line.

Ah bless feel a little sorry for doctor dude his completely fallen. He such a nice bloke. Him being the main male influence on EJ's brother also explains why he hasn't turned into a male version of his horrid sister and mum.

8 hours ago, brooksmom said:

@tulip06  I kinda thought that too. I always thought that he already knew but at that time eu was rejecting him. In the end, he married her. I think what got his goat, is that the employees were gossiping, putting eu down and him too. And him, being the kid he is, got his feelings hurt and went into a rage and started to blame the two people they were gossiping about, his brother and his wife. And as usual she turned things around to her advantage. I guess they deserve each other. Sorry, who should back to London, the happy gossiper?

EJ should go back! But as you said, she turned things back to her advantage - I was impressed, I would simply have said this man’s an idiot or waited out the tantrum but with him caring less for me - and won.  

Okay, everyone, why have I suddenly got dark mode?

Archived