[Drama 2020] My mom has an affair, 엄마가 바람났다

0ly40

@tulip06  Okay, everyone, why have I suddenly got dark mode?

I know that's the new layout. It went dark mode on me two nights ago. Everybody told me to scroll down to the bottom and you'll see the word "theme". When you click on it you will see Dark mode and Evolution Mode. Click on Evolution.  I don't think it's any different from dark mode unless I'm missing something.  Right now it's morning where I am at, so in Evolution Mode I also have a baby blue background. Toward afternoon, the background will change to orange, evening kinda purple, and at night it looks all dark but it's easier to read the text. Also on top of this page, in red, you see Update #8 Themes & Season1.:)

:facepalm:Evolution Mode will be down later on July 9 for maintenance.

Back to Dark Mode.

@Lmangla I was reading some of the old post and noticed that I couldn't read your blue post. The only difference in your latest post is that it's a different shade of blue.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling that Suk Hwan's mom will not care that Suk Joon is supporting the foundation. If he is suspected to have a relationship with Pil Jeong/giving too much of his money and time, it is one way for her to discredit him in front of the chairman. She thinks she is better than Eun Ju's family so doubt that she will care if it affects the school.

@tulip06 ~ the white mode crashed and died completely. so it will take minimum few weeks to get a light mode. till then, use the evolution mode - @brooksmom gave you the directions -- it is easier to read.

the birthday cake was rather sweet; poor seok joon, no one in his family remembered his birthday. think cruella knew but purposely acted like she forgot. what about the chairman? he could have called and wished? ahem! his friend ki beom didn't seem to know either and was busy having a blind date. will we know if that went well? anyway, his upcoming new family are more than happy to celebrate him and make him feel special.

Chairman is such a loser dad. Forgets his son’s birthday but blames everyone else.

So, that principal thinks she is so tough but can’t even handle someone as cheap as OPJ’s sister? All she has to do is threaten the stupid girl’s pizza business back! And threaten to sue for defamation and doxxing! What a moron. How do you be the admin for a big school and not know this much these days?

Wow, so is Secretary Ha younger than SJ? Are they definitely related? I need to know why Bok Soon is in danger if Ha Finds her.

@Lmangla Oh, you got a new look. I almost thought you were @joccu  . I did a double take. Clue: blue text. Confirmation: your name. How silly I am. I need coffee after writing recaps on SYY drama and practicing how to do things here. I think I will have more success learning how ride a skateboard.   You're in charge of Friday Madness today.  I'll head over there after coffee.:)

Secretary Ha: he has fire in his eyes and he's on the hunt to find out what he needs. What happened that's embarrassing for Suk Joon. Did he try out for track? :lol:

37 minutes ago, brooksmom said:

@Lmangla Oh, you got a new look. I almost thought you were @joccu  . I did a double take. Clue: blue text. Confirmation: your name. How silly I am. I need coffee after writing recaps on SYY drama and practicing how to do things here. I think I will have more success learning how ride a skateboard.   You're in charge of Friday Madness today.  I'll head over there after coffee.:)

Secretary Ha: he has fire in his eyes and he's on the hunt to find out what he needs. What happened that's embarrassing for Suk Joon. Did he try out for track? :lol:

kekeke... yea, I thought it was time to change a new DP - this is from another turkish dizi which will take me a few months to finish at the rate I am  watching. LOL. but yea, am glad to be able to write in blue in this evo mode; was missing my blue font otherwise for a while. green was not cutting it!

vixen is so cunning -- I am rooting for secretary ha to find out her romantic past and then use it to blackmail her. someone needs to put her in place. obviously seok hwan is not going to do it as he is such a fool. yesterday's episode, she successfully guilt tripped him into forgiving her. it is ridiculous. guess, I will be doing a party when she goes down.

so bok soon and secretary ha have a 16 year age gap. no wonder, he looks not much older than seok joon.

15 hours ago, dramaninja said:

How embarrassing :joy: but they both  now feeling something.

yea looks like they are now moving from friendship to romance. the staring at the playground was actually kind of cringey. I liked the one at night where they were having a chat about his mom not liking him and he just smiled so warmly at her till she realized it was a bit strange that he won't stop smiling. ha!

So we have finally reached episode 50 of this show. For that I must congratulate all of you that stuck around for these episodes and have been enjoying them as well. Romance between the two leads is finally starting to happen in the sense that they are starting to be more supportive of each other without yet realizing this fact. But more on that in a bit.

Now on to the drama itself.

Spoiler

@Lmangla Your explanation why the guy sounded testier at the breakup makes sense. I guess that was probably it. As for your inquiry about the episode count. I did a bit of research on previous dramas in this slot right up to Pixies last daily in this slot Happy Sisters and they have all come around 120 episodes give or take (some of them were slightly more but never less). So following this logic this drama should be in the same length unless we get an extension. Not sure about that as sometimes an extension can work while at others it is a bad idea as the writer can easily mess up. Anyway we will have to wait and see.

The other thing that I wanted to bring up in these episodes is that we have finally got a 100% confirmation on the following facts. Ae Shim is indeed Kim Book Soon and she is also the long lost elder sister of Shark. She also has the same picture as him as well as a pair of Shark Tooth like him. Okay it isn’t that but a half piece of a necklace probably in the shape of a heart and they each have a piece of it. Now the second leads just need to get their hands on one of them and use it to their advantage. Probably they will get Kim Book Soon’s since she probably will either forget to lock her house doors or the lock at the gate still isn’t fixed thus allowing them to break in easily and get her piece. Sharks won’t be so easy to take since he almost always keeps his on him at all times.

@kiefshi1056 Not sure that Yoo Kyung will quit the team if her dad likes Pill Jung. She did get the feeling that was the case and warned him not to like her since she doesn’t approve of her. So far it has been shown that her dad respects her feelings so I doubt that he will try and go after her. So her quitting at this time seems less likely also Pill Jung needs to reciprocate his feelings something I doubt that she will do anytime soon. She is grateful towards all the support that she gets from him and likes to talk with him since they both have a few things in common but apart from that I doubt that will be together even shortly. On top of that she might not want to jeopardize her positon at work. Note nothing is wrong with those two being together since they are both single and all but other parents might not see it as that. They will be more like how a teacher charmed her way into the life of her students’ parents and whatnot. Though this may be a good excuse for Vixen’s mother to try and fire her though. Again will have to wait and see how that turns out.

As for your question as to what happened between Suk Joon and Vixen in England has already been answered so won’t repeat it.

@tulip06 Don’t really care all that much about Vixen liking Suk Joon first. So that part of the story can easily be ignored. But I can kind of understand the frustration that some of the characters would have regarding that. The only reason nothing happened between those two is because Suk Joon wasn’t interested and she discovered his birth secret. Otherwise you can be sure she would have still been trying to pursue him. Also her husband finding out that his wife used to have feeling for his brother and only moved onto him for reasons unknown makes his frustration at her justified. As for her defending her husband by not discussing him with Suk Joon. Didn’t see it from her point of view. She tells him (Suk Joon) that she is a bit uncomfortable that he is talking behind his brother’s back like that. For me it was more in line of a BiL giving her helpful advice how to maintain a happy marriage nothing more and nothing less. Unless I missed something which is probably the case. Means I might have to rewatch the episode a bit later on.

@brooksmom Joker didn’t know for certain that she had a thing for Suk Joon. He suspected that initially but since both parties denied that anything was going on he was glad to hear and believe that. Over here he is clearly mad that he wasn’t her first choice and on top of all this she was clearly interested in the title of being the chairman’s wife and not him. It also didn’t help that she further admitted that she found Suk Joon a bit good looking. His pride was hurt once again. I can only assume that the person that @tulip06 was referring to that should go back would be Vixen herself. Clearly Happy Gossiper’s role was to let other people know about Vixen’s nature so that we could progress in the story. If that didn’t happen then the second leads would still be having a long and happy married life. Things need to speed up so that Vixen can be caught out and taught a good lesson. Even being threatened with Divorce would be good.

Not that will be happening as we have already seen just how resourceful Vixen really is. She expertly got out of the mess like a pro and instead turned the situation around in her favour by framing her husband as having an affair and she catching him in the act red handed. Just wait till Joker discovers that he was played by her once again. Still it was enough for her to survive for the time being by taking the heat of her. Have to say that Joker is a fool for loving her and being desperate to keep her as a wife. If he had enough guts he should have let her leave the house as she was threatening. When she realized that he wasn’t going to come take her back in a few days she would have groveled back on her own begging him to take her back and apologizing to her. A lot of good that would have done as that would have allowed Shark to finally get a glimpse of that picture of his sister and whatnot.

Unfortunately, none of this happened. Instead Shark finally not only got caught in the act but was also blackmailed into giving her information that she wanted. It wasn’t what she needed but you can be sure that she will look into it and eventually discover Suk Joon’s birth secret as well. how she will decide to use it remains to be seen as well.

@tas82 Shark being reckless makes sense. He has been patiently biding his time for the past eight years without any progress. He must have been starting to get desperate. Not only that but we know from the conversations at the meal that this was his first time at the house. This means that he was never given access to it prior to this. Since he doesn’t know when he will have the chance again it makes sense that he wants to make the most of it. Unfortunately, he is up against Vixen which is never a good thing.

@heartslined I think that it is debatable of whether or not Cruella will care about Suk Joon and his relationship with Pill Jung. The reason I say this is because on one hand him liking someone so below their so called station is only advantageous to her. Under normal circumstances such a person can’t ever back him up and what he does with his own money is his own business. If she were inclined to break those two apart she could tell the Chairman that Suk Joon was falling for a gold digger who had tricked him into supporting her schools track team and whatnot. Other than that she knows that the Chairman might not support this relationship and can try and use it to drive a wedge between him and Suk Joon. So in a way she would be all in favour of this relationship. But this isn’t always the case. Pill Jung has been shown to be slightly helpful in two ways. The first is that she knew the golfer and helped her sign a deal with the company something where a lot of people failed. This made Suk Joon look good infront of the board members. Not only this but when the one-point class lessons started they wanted to embarrass Pill Jung once more for a couple of reasons. Unfortunately, this also backfired once more with the same results. If Pill Jung continues to interact with him and makes him successful even indirectly then her son’s chance to take over the company grows less. She can’t have that. So for now I guess it will be a more wait and see process. If she feels that Pill Jung won’t be useful then she might not care but if it isn’t then she will try and intercede between the two to get rid of them. On top of all this she thinks that Pill Jung has a lot of baggage with her in the form of her kids. She might try and use that to her advantage once again. For instance, she can tell Suk Joon that if he wants to marry Pill Jung he will naturally have to raise her kids as well but he would have to do it on his own and she won’t help him out over here. In other words, he needs to leave the house to do so. She probably knows as mentioned that his father won’t be okay with all of this so whatever the outcome is in her favour. But like I said in these cases Pill Jung needs to be an anchor or crutch for him if this isn’t the case good luck.

@Lmangla Cruella certainly knew that it was his birthday. She just wasn’t bothered by the fact since she dislikes him. Her mistaking it for event was clearly a ploy on her part. It was convenient so she said that. She has lived with him for so long that it would be odd that she wouldn’t remember when his birthday is. She claimed that she had forgotten it might be true but unlikely. The reason being that she knows that he craves for her attention and affection. Something that she refuses to do. So it makes sense that she knows how he operates and even if she did forget that it was his birthday she certainly picked up on his hint that day. She as usual chose not to do anything about it due to her personal reasons as well as the fact that she likes to watch him suffer and be in pain. Joker on the other hand probably did forget about the birthday since he seems to be the least bothered about such things. So in short she was at fault. As for his friend it depends on two things. Either he also forgot since he suddenly had a blind date and was focused on that or he genuinely didn’t know. Probably this was the case. Suk Joon seems to be a private sort of person and even Pill Jung and her family were unaware of this fact if not for Minji accidentally figuring it out. Though in their case it is understandable since he doesn’t know them on a personal level to share such details about his life. Regardless he also doesn’t seem to have a lot of friends that he could rely on. The only one that he seems to be close is the guy that went on a blind date that day. Mr. Kim.

@tulip06 Here we agree the Chairman was clearly at fault for forgetting his son’s birthday and then blaming it on others. Though I guess his excuse would be that he was busy with work and perhaps even his age. Birthdays can easily slip peoples mind unless someone reminds them. In his case though he should have been doubly sharp since he is fully aware how the others treat Suk Joon as if he is invisible. Thus they would have used this as an excuse. Atleast Eun Joo knows that she shouldn’t get on the chairman’s bad side so she will remember the birthday the next time that it comes around assuming that she is still living with that family. Come to think about it she plans on leaving that house next year so she could use that as an excuse for not wishing Suk Joon next year and doing anything for him.

As for Vixen’s mother she probably can’t exactly sue the sister for defamation and all and expect to win. She knows that she has a nasty temper since it has been pointed out to her by her son as well. Not only that but she actually got a bit worried that the sister might have secretly made a recording of her and could thus post it online. This shows that she knows that she was in the wrong. Also the sister only pointed out that while she would only point out that she (principal) was abusing her power and the name of her school she would leave the rest to the reporters who would be the ones that would dig up the truth. Not only that but she was just one voice that was bringing this up but she probably wouldn’t be the last. Since other people must have been on the receiving end of her temper and if those people bring up their experiences the reporters would not only have a field day her career would be over. Even if she used her resources to buy up peoples silence she would be sure to miss some which would have resulted in her downfall. Now on the other hand if she was indeed innocent or felt that she was being wronged then she could threaten her with defamation and all. Not sure how she can target her pizza restaurant at the moment unless she tries to sabotage it in some way or Vixen does. Ie using Hygiene is generally the case to do it. But for that to happen she must first start it. Still it might not be so easy to get rid of the sister now due to the fact that her son has partnered up with her. Thus any frame job will be caught by him since he knows just how clean the areas is and whatnot. Also he might just overhear his mother or Vixen talking about how well the job went when he confronts them about it. Forcing them to apologize and clear up the issue. Though even then it probably is a death sentence to any restaurant. Still I am sure they will find a way to pull through.

@brooksmom Suk Joon was forced to practice with the track team by Yoo Kyung. This was because his friend was getting tired running with all those kids and needed a break. To which her father suggested to run along with the kids. She was against that for personal reasons and also aware why he might want to do that. So she forced Suk Joon to run instead (just like when she forced him to carry Pill Jung to the hospital. She didn’t want to share him with anyone including Pill Jung). Regardless this resulted in Suk Joon tripping and falling down in the middle of the race. This was one of the embarrassing factors but the other was that he was clearly losing to the younger kid that he was up against and had the race been done that would have been the outcome and he would have felt equally embarrassed as well. Not that it was something to be. Though his friend might not let him forget it anytime soon so it could be in a sense as well.

@Lmangla. Oh another Turkish Drama. I wonder which one it is this time. My Uncle has moved on to a new one as well called The Protector. Seemed interesting but haven’t gotten down to watching it due to my current drama load and once I return will be busy with work so even some of them will end up being dropped as well. Probably will be sticking with this one though.

On the other hand, definitely agree someone needs to bring Vixen a peg or so down. If it turns out to be Shark all the better. As of now Joker is far too weak to do so and is still wrapped around her fingers to an extent. Not sure why though. As for Suk Joon he simply doesn’t care all that much about what he and Cruella think and want. Cruella is only going to do something about it if she gets a whiff but where is that going to be. Under normal circumstances she would have probably done a full background check on her and discovered this fact. She would have probably also asked Shark to do it as well. But thanks to all the pressure that she was going through this marriage and all she didn’t get the opportunity to do so. She again had a chance if Joker drunkenly mentioned this fact to her (that Vixen had a thing for Suk Joon but chose him in the end). She could have probably tried to use that but other than that she has nothing. Pill Jung is still being the loyal friend and not speaking ill behind her back. So this means that is never going to happen at this point unless she is forced to do so in some way. The only way that I can see that happening is if she is talking with her BFF and is overheard by someone else and thus they ask her about it. After all, remember her BFF worked with the both of them and is fully aware of what actually happened back then including the frame up job that Vixen was responsible for back in the day. So this makes sense.

Speaking of Vixen and her wedding we discover that none of her former school teacher acquaintances were invited to her wedding since she was afraid that one of them would have revealed her affair with her fellow teacher. But atleast Pill Jung is now aware that she has married into LX Group which might make her a bit hesitant to be with Suk Joon once she discovers his identity. Well that and the reveal that he is really there to get them out of their house and all as well.

The romance between the main leads is about to start. Since they seem to care more about the other without even realizing it. Though if someone were to bring this up they would probably still be in denial. But they seem to have gotten more comfortable around each other when before they had issue and couldn’t stand each other. Which usually resulted them in arguing with each other. Now they try and support each other sometimes in secret while other times clearly. This could also be seen in Pill Jung’s response to him that he should perhaps try and see things from his mother’s view and if he still thought that she was treating him unfairly then she would be in his corner no questions asked. This clearly meant a lot to him. As for him we have already seen how he wants her to get that job and even sends them supplies in the name of the foundation when actually he is spending his own money. Not the first mind you. He has used his money to bribe her family to forgive him as well. Though for Pill Jung what really caught her heart and led him to forgive her was how he took Minji to the hospital when she was ill when he didn’t need to do. So like I predicted 10 more episodes when both of them realize that they have actual feeling for each other. Then comes the part when the villains try and break them apart for their own reasons. Granted this might go different ways as well. So we need to see which of them takes the initiative first.

This episode also had Suk Joon and Minho finally discover that they were gaming partners all along. Something to easily bond over. Was certainly amusing how they both spoke the same language and all with the others not understanding one bit of it. Just as it was to see how Pill Jung treated both of them. She pulled the plug from both their computers forcing them to end their game. Though I think that this writer is probably not aware of how laptops actually work. If this had been a desktop, then this would have been successful but laptops work on an external power source as well so pulling the plug would under normal circumstances not work. So unless both of them had a defective battery their game would have still been running even after her pulling the plug like that. Perhaps we should blame the director and the props department for this blunder though.

Regardless it is a nice way for those two to bond together and even when Pill Jung told him to stop playing games with Minho he refused to do so as he justified that the kid needed some free time after studying so hard. When Pill Jung pointed out that he was only saying this because Minho wasn’t his son he brought up that he would have loved to play games with his actual son and all. This shows that those two will get along just fine. Pill Jung might need to set up a few boundaries after marriage but I think overall it might just work. Just as how she was initially worried that Minho might be too focused on the phone and that is why she was preventing him from getting one. To which he promised her that he would keep an eye on the situation and if he felt that was indeed the case he would confiscate the phone on his own. So in a sense it would be good to check out his own responsibility and all after marriage as well.

I wonder what Cruella is thinking about to help speed up the search for the missing son. From the preview of the next episode we see her at Kim Book Soon’s house. What will she say or do to convince Kim Book Soon to start searching for Suk Joon as well. She can’t easily tell her to go through Suk Joon’s belongings in the hopes that she will come across the blanket that she stitched for him when he was young. She herself can’t go into his room and search for that blanket and then place it out in the open unless she is planning on playing the long game. To do this she would have to come over multiple times so that the people over there wouldn’t get suspicious. She would also have to meet up with Suk Joon and pretend to be surprised to find him living there then admit to the fact that he was her son. But not reveal his identity. She can then tell Kim Book Soon to take care of him and whatnot. At the same time remind her that he isn’t her biological son but one that her husband had from an affair. Regardless of this fact this will eventually get her access to Suk Joon’s room where she can go in without garnering anyone’s suspicions and move the blanket out in the open. Thus when Kim Book Soon goes into the room for some reason she finds it and recognizes it as the one that she made for her son.

On a side note Happy Gossiper must be wondering why people that she knows end up getting married to rich chaebols while she is still single. Where is her Prince.

I still want to find out Shark’s reaction once he realizes just who Kim Book Soon really is and how he framed Suk Joon for Secretary Parks murder. Meaning he has wronged both his sister as well as his nephew working for LX Group. How will he walk the path of redemption? So from all of the characters I am most interested in him. Sure I like the main leads romance but it is expected by this point so I can easily wait for them to get together no matter what the hurdles come their way. Don’t much care about the second leads and their romance and want them to face their dose of karma soon. Joker is too much of an idiot to even realize where he ever went wrong at the most he can blame his mother so I don’t care. Cruella while I don’t like her I also want to see her realize that she was wrong about the chairman as well. Not sure how she can redeem herself at this point. Her willing to finally accept Suk Joon at this point will be far too late simply because he will have not only have found his biological mother he will have also forgiven her for leaving him and have accepted her in said role. This would also mean that he doesn’t need to try and win Cruella’s affection and attention any more. Meaning her role in his life would be over and it would have all been her own fault. She could decide to hand over the company to him but that might not be taken so well between Joker and Vixen but hopefully she will have realized by this point that those two are unfit to run the company for various reasons. But even for this to happen Suk Joon needs to do something major that will allow her to come to this decision in the first place.

This means that Joker needs to have messed up badly that the company is in a crisis and Suk Joon comes in to save the day even after knowing the truth and all. He doesn’t turn his back on the company. She might have second thoughts at this point. So for instance the remaining board members decide to get rid of Joker for his incompetence and the only way that he gets to stay in power if he gets enough votes. He thinks that he has his mother’s so he just needs to work on the other members. Vixen can be shown attempting to blackmail them to take their side and all. Thus when the voting happens they will end the episode at the cliffhanger of declaring the results and the next one will be revealed that he has been dismissed and that perhaps Suk Joon has been selected or they will think about doing that. As the second leads wonder who could have been responsible for the deciding vote they will discover to their shock that it was Cruella herself who has finally come to her senses and all.

It might also help if she talks with Suk Joon prior to this and tries to convince him to support Joker. She doesn’t expect this but Suk Joon even agrees to this. Perhaps finally making her realize that Suk Joon wasn’t interested in running the company but what was the best for it. So in this instance Suk Joon can tell her that he will support Joker but in return he wants something. What that will be remains to be seen. But if it is something minor she may even feel guiltier for treating him in such a manner and try to make amends. Though second leads and their people don’t learn until much later on where they went wrong so perhaps this is all wishful thinking on my part. Still in some cases parents have indeed surprised me even though they wanted their child to take over a certain business or were feeling insecure over their married partner and all. Then in some cases it has been the opposite. So we will have to actually wait and see what is the deal breaker. Heck for all we know Vixen might be the one who has gotten tired of the way that she is treated in the family that will give vital information to the main leads as a form of payback and thus let them take over the company or she will be one that will try and get rid of the company to one of their rivals.

Anyway that will be all from my end. So take care all of you and keep enjoying and posting on this thread. Till next time.

awww.. poor seok joon. he just came back to home rather than stay in his father's house. and what is with seok hwan -- eun joo will be disturbed if her brother-in-law is staying in the same floor? yea, she will be disturbed because she made a play for the guy before but that is not on seok joon. ugh. but at least seok joon has a place to come back with people who genuinely miss him and like him.

and it is funny how pil jeong and seok joon are moved by very different instances. so seok joon was thinking of the PE practice whereas pil jeong was thinking of the moment in car. differences in romantic wishes I guess? and based on preview, it looks like seok joon is going be aware of how he feels towards pil jeong. so will we have the romance train pick up more speed now?

Anyone else laugh when Jumbak/Leon stared down Cruella? 

This episode got me thinking about telling kids the truth when they’re growing up and how that’s better for the overall mental health of the family than lying to them. 

Instead of catering to the Chairman’s ego , he should have apologized sincerely for cheating, and they should have all said this is an illegitimate son, but we are raising him as ours and Cruella is adopting him. SJ would have known who he is and what his situation is. At least the hurt of confusion would not have been there and at least the weight of deceit would not have been there and maybe they would all have been happier people. Not saying they would not have felt hurt, but perhaps not as much. 

15 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Anyone else laugh when Jumbak/Leon stared down Cruella? 

This episode got me thinking about telling kids the truth when they’re growing up and how that’s better for the overall mental health of the family than lying to them. 

Instead of catering to the Chairman’s ego , he should have apologized sincerely for cheating, and they should have all said this is an illegitimate son, but we are raising him as ours and Cruella is adopting him. SJ would have known who he is and what his situation is. At least the hurt of confusion would not have been there and at least the weight of deceit would not have been there and maybe they would all have been happier people. Not saying they would not have felt hurt, but perhaps not as much. 

I agree with this. Had SJ known when he was growing up that Cruella is not his mom he would have better prepared himself for why she treated him that way and SH too. Now he is going to find out in the worst possible way either Cruella will tell him even though she was told not to or EJ will spill the beans. The chairman really dropped the ball, what a bad father he is. I am going with EJ as she is now snooping in things that have nothing to do with her. I do think that it will be because of EJ that Minion finally finds out that SJ is his nephew that he framed and finds his sister who he has been searching for. 

I would like for his mom to see his blanket that Cruella had to leave on his bed and realize that SJ is her son. If that happens I do not know if she will say anything. In her mind her son has to be living well all these years and she would not want to disturb his life. I want to know how she will find out that he has lived with people that hated him all his life. What will she do when her view of how things should have been  all these years are  not how they really where?

What will hit SJ more is to realize that stepmom sent him to that house knowing the woman was his mother and they wanted him to put his own mother out of her house. I think the one I want to really get hit hard by this is the chairman as he keeps saying don't get close to those people and hurry to get them out. How will he feel to learn that the woman he cared so much about and was looking for is living in that house he is trying to push her out of. 

The evil that EJ and Cruella does will come back to bite them later. I look forward to when EJ gets outed for her past but also they realize she may have been the one to spill about SJ's mom. I know she may end up being the one to spill his background to the company or press to get him out of the company. EJ looks like the type. 

I've seen this so much in kdramas; where the guy grabs the woman, pulls her against him and twirls her around away from the on coming car. Does that happen in real life? In real life gentlemen don't let the woman/girl walk on the traffic side of the side walk. Saves them from having to twirl the girl to save her life. In my youth, if somebody grabbed me like that, I'd give them a knee kick. 

PJ prolly didn't mind one bit. Thump, thump, thump goes their :heart:

Sec Ha to Chairman:  You're going to Die!  (I thinks that's what he's saying to him)

WoW things are starting to move a bit faster than I expected. For instance, Cruella going into Suk Joon’s room and taking out his blanket and leaving it out in the open for Kim Book Soon was predictable but I thought that would probably happen a few episodes down the line where her going upstairs wouldn’t seem suspicious at all. Instead she did it in this episode itself. But regardless of that how exactly does she expect Kim Book Soon to discover the blanket like that. She won’t unnecessarily go into Suk Joon’s room without any reason. If Suk Joon goes to his room first he will clearly wonder who entered it and removed his blanket like that but that might not be enough for the reveal. As he could ask who went inside his room but he might not still show the blanket to Kim Book Soon. So this is still no gurantee that she would have discovered the truth. The only way that I could see Cruella’s plan actually work is if she phoned a bit later on and told Kim Book Soon that while she was at her house she forgot something (even her own phone) so could she go upstairs and check if it was there. This results in Kim Book Soon going upstairs and discovering said blanket. We could have that happen in this very episode why delay the reveal for later then. Since I pointed out other things can happen.

Anyway enough of that and let’s move on to other parts of the drama itself.

Spoiler

@tulip06 Yes I did find it amusing as well. Though what I found more amusing was the fact that she finally recognized him/her in the first place considering this was the second time that she saw it. But I might be willing to cut her some slack for the first time around since she was more interested in verifying Kim Book Soon’s identity that time around that she may not have noticed him then. I do agree with you that the chairman should have probably been more honest with the kids back in the day thus Suk Joon wouldn’t have all those expectations from his mother. He would have totally backed down from the family business and all and further avoided all sorts of hostility from Cruella and Joker. So in a way it could have been a bearable life but this just isn’t working out. Though I am still holding on to the hope that Suk Joon wasn’t by an affair. Perhaps that is too much to ask at this point and just wishful thinking on my part. I do agree with you that the Chairman isn’t the greatest dad in town though which has resulted in this family dynamics.

He thinks that merely ordering stuff around will keep them all happy but he should know better by now. Either Cruella is pretty good at faking it at times to confuse him or he just isn’t all that bothered. Also he may think that everyone around him are morons and he is the only smart guy there.

@Lmangla I think when Joker said that Vixen will be disturbed with Suk Joon her BiL living with them on the same floor was less about how she made a pass at him prior to her marriage but more along the lines that she would be like that because Suk Joon is a guy and that to unmarried so she would be a bit uncomfortable living with such a person. He is also a partial stranger adding in another factor to it all. Though the real reason for him saying that isn’t because she would be uncomfortable but more in line that he doesn’t want to share the same house with Suk Joon. Naturally he can’t simply say that because he will get a piece of his father’s mind. So he is trying to be creative over here to get what he wants.

Now let’s go on to the part where Minho and Suk Joon were busy playing games at the internet café. Boy the really lost track of time didn’t they. While it was certainly good to see them finding ways to bond with each other they are going to get Hell from Pill Jung especially since she has caught them red handed. Though I suspect that in this case they are indeed at fault. They must have ended up playing more than one game for this to happen. I know how that can happen. After playing a few games this is what I have noticed. Strategy games can certainly go on for a few hours depending on various factors but they weren’t playing that kind of game. They were playing an MOBA from what I could tell and these games at most can be 30 minutes at most. Perhaps 40 45 mins can be added depending on a few circumstances and how close a match can go and all. But I doubt that 2 hours is even possible. Then again I don’t know which game they are playing so I might not be the best judge over here.

@Ldy Gmerm I have to agree with you that if Kim Book Soon even discovers who Suk Joon really is she might still be hesitant to acknowledge him since she probably thinks that he must have been living a happy life till now and she has no right to reveal herself to him at this point. She will certainly start treating him a bit differently at this point though. This means that somebody else will have to break this revelation to him.

Chairman being so surprised that somebody else could have the same birthday as Suk Joon was absurd. Cruella rightly pointed out the simple fact that there are other people with the same birthday in the world. If that wasn’t the case, we would either need more than 365 days in a year or only 365 people in the world at any given time. Take your pick on what would be better. J

Vixen sometimes really comes up with weird excuses. For instance, when she snooped in the chairman’s’ office and discovered Kim Book Soon’s picture she tried to use the same excuse that Shark used when she got caught that she was merely searching for a book yet she had none. But that wasn’t my main point. She starts to suspect that mystery woman might be Kim Book Soon so she heads into her neighborhood and tries to discreetly compare the two only to get caught by Pill Jung (sort off). When questioned by Pill Jung as to why she was there she points out that she was in the neighborhood due to business reasons and was just passing through. Pill Jung simply believed that and let her go. As far as I can tell that might not be so easy since the house is probably not on some main street and you must have to take a few alleys or streets to get there. This would therefore be a bit hard to believe. Fortunately for us main leads are not known for their brains and thus she didn’t find it all that suspicious. But we all know better don’t we. It was funny as to how Pill Jung was also about how Vixen had feelings for Suk Joon but now she was married to someone else which was so much like the person that she knew. Even at this point Vixen was in total denial mode as if Pill Jung was the delusional one over here. Not that she would let Pill Jung have him even though she has moved on and married someone else. But that again is a story for another day isn’t it.

Regardless of all this the episode did have a few good moments in it. a lot of people are starting to catch on that there may be something between the main leads who are still a bit oblivious to all this until someone points out the reasons why this can be possible. Doctor is equally frustrated by this and acts sort of like a kid when he puts the bandage on Suk Joon. His coworker wonders if Suk Joon is only helping out the track team is because the coach is a female. Only to be pointed out that she has to kids thus Suk Joon has probably higher standards than that or that she wouldn’t be viable as marriage material between the two. Thus Suk Joon being smart won’t get involved with her. She still has her doubts though. Then there was the typical car scene when he has to suddenly apply the brakes to avoid hitting the other car and he places his hand in front of her to protect her without even thinking about his own safety. She was clearly moved by said actions. Though I think it might have been better if they ended the scene at that point and moved on. Showing the image of the cars from outside made it seem as if he was more at fault. Unless I am mistaking the cars over there which is possible.

Then we also had Vixen not being able to mind her own business and reported what Suk Joon was upto in regards to Pill Jung. In a way she does have a point Suk Joon was sent to that house to speed up the settlement process and not get to close to said family. Well anyway that is the official reason. We all know the real reason. Though if she was indeed sincere she should have brought up the matter to him personally instead of ratting him out to the chairman. It was to not only get him into trouble but for also letting him know that there was no way that he could be with Pill Jung so he should give up now. Atleast the good thing about all of this is that Suk Joon can see right through her. I do wonder if he suspects that she has completely joined his families side in wanting to get rid of him since he brought up the fact that she once mentioned that his family sent him to that house for some ulterior motive to which she replied that she was mistaken then and that there is no other agenda. Regardless of all this I want him to find out how she tried to frame Pill Jung in the past two times which resulted in her life getting ruined. So far he knows that she was framed but doesn’t know the exact details. Thus her sister or Kim Book Soon need to let him know. How that happens though is hard to figure out since it isn’t something that can be brought up in a conversation casually. Also Pill Jung isn’t the type to reveal such things to others no matter how close they are. For instance, Kim Book Soon knows that a fellow teacher framed her but wouldn’t know the name as she didn’t need to.

As for Shark we just need to involve him a bit more in the plot for him to discover the fact that Ae Shim and Kim Book Soon are the same person. Will Vixen show him the picture that she has and ask him to confirm that those two are the same person. She might think that since she has evidence that he was snooping in the chairman’s office she can control him by reporting this fact to the chairman. Though I am not so sure how that will play out. Such as this may happen simply but things may turn out equally differently as well. We all know that Shark has been getting a bit desperate to locate his missing sister these days. If he is shown the picture will he remain calm and do as he is asked or will his desperation show and ask how she got her hands on said picture which will make her a bit suspicious of him and decide to hold back with the information until she figures out his agenda and whether or not she can trust him.

When Vixen left her bed to snoop in the Chairman’s office my first thought was that she couldn’t sleep next to Joker because she couldn’t stand him and that is why she was still awake. Only to discover the real reason was that she was waiting for her chance to snoop in the chairman’s office. Also goes to show how smart she can get at times since she also started to suspect who the mystery woman could actually be. She didn’t even think to consider that could have been a picture of Cruella. Then again why keep such a picture hidden if it was indeed the case.

I do agree with the people here that the Chairman is going to receive his own form of Karma when he tells Suk Joon not to get to close to people in that house and to quickly resolve the matter between them. especially when the truth is revealed as to who they are and what they have done for his family. One is the mother of the child that he raised and the other raised his grandchild without their ever being the wiser. He certainly owes them a lot. Suk Joon has also been the happiest that he has ever been in a long time so that is another plus point.

Was glad to see that he is starting to take some of Pill Jung’s advice and tried to resolve any kind of misunderstanding between him and Cruella. Didn’t work out. Instead she told him that she wouldn’t hold anything against him as long as he agreed to not have any kind of aspirations to take over the company. Not sure that I believe her because that is exactly what he was doing before he got framed for murder. He simply wanted to please his mother and on top of all this he was staying away from the company letting Joker handle all of it. Him being treated the way he was at that time was the final straw. At this point he finally decided to live his own life. But my point stands if Cruella actually wanted to be nice to him that was the perfect opportunity. Therefore, I doubt that she ever be sincere towards him. It has probably become a habit for her to treat him in said manner and I doubt anything is going to change that unless something major happens. Regardless of all this the real threat that she needs to worry about is not him but Vixen. Am simply waiting since her past gets exposed. Vixen will still find a way to survive.

When will the Pizza Shop open. Want to see some progress on that front as well and as how the villains will try and get rid of it in the future since it could pose a problem to them in the long run or to their advantage if it gets closed down.

Speaking about the fact as how Cruella recognized Leon in this episode I wish that Minji should have simply told her that the dog was with the family before she was born. That might have been enough. But she had to go and tell her that the dog belonged to Suk Joon. I do wonder what Cruella was thinking once she discovered this fact as well. Does she think that it is fate as well that all those people have ended up in the same house including her grandchild.

Well that will be all from my end for the time being. So till then take care all of you and keep posting. Looking forward to reading your posts.

Can she just not chill and enjoy life. She's always plotting and probing. The boldness of her to go there and steal Bok Soon's toothbrush. She leaves behind such a strong trail. When the RickRoll'D hits the fan she won't be able to feign ignorance. She one dumb Vixen. Her and mum really are peas in a pod. Hope the mother also ends up paying the piper too. Such a horrible soul shouldn't be around people's kids.  

Eeeekkk what did he say!!! I reminded it a few times trying to lip read:idk: Loving how  naturally he's bonded with the kids. Gosh I hope this means we get to see family outings and more screen time for  them and less Vixen please.

@tas82 IKR? Like what is all EJ’s snooping in aid of? If mom in law and hubby don’t want her knowing something, they won’t thank her for finding it out.

okay, they did something to this forum and I It’s all sides, and the posts are squished!

@tulip06  

okay, they did something to this forum and I It’s all sides, and the posts are squished!

I know. I had a lot of trouble yesterday. It automatically puts you in a white generic background and you're trying to see the sign in place. Once you find the sign in place and sign in it takes you to the dark mode which is a lot better than the generic white background. 

@tas82 I noticed you were RickRoll'D in one of your sentences. That happened to me using a word that I thought was acceptable. But instead it was Richard Simmoned.

When the :rickroll: hits the fan she won't be able to feign ignorance

Archived