[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

Just a little bit of context about story that was the center today....Its a fairy tale by Hans Christian Anderson named the Red shoes

It is a cautionary tale about avarice

Spoiler

The little girl named Karen in that story lusted after a pair of red shoes and only cared that it made her appear lovely and gorgeous even when in the House of God instead of praying...An angel placed curse on those shoes so every time she put on those shoes her feet wouldn't stop dancing...even though she knew those shoes brought nothing but trouble, she wore them to the Grand Ball ignoring the  declining health of the kind lady who took her in after her mother died....that night the shoes won't stop dancing, they kept dancing and dancing and the old lady passed away. Later an executioner cut her legs to free her of her misery. She still couldn't go to church as those shoes and her legs would haunt her dancing every time she tried to go to the church...later God forgives her and her soul goes to heaven free of the red shoes.

I personally do not like this story because Hans Christian Anderson named the heroine of this fairy tale after his illegitimate half sister Karen,  due to poverty Karen was forced to take up prostitution and Hans feared she might show up to embarrass him and loathed her. This never sat well with me that he blamed his sister while she was just victim of her circumstances.

Now if this story is a parallel to what Moon Tae means to Moon Young, then I am scared. He is the forbidden red shoe that brings her nothing but misery, makes her sin or vice versa and they have to cut it apart but at the cost of deep personal loss. Is this a foreshadowing for a tragic end? I don't know, all I know is this show is beautiful and whimsical and so far hasn't played around in terms of pointing out just exactly anti-social personality disorder is. It often times can't be cured. If Moon Young is really of that variety then I am scared for where our romance is headed. But I am in and my ship has sailed. So, we shall see.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 8

10 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

Just a little bit of context about story that was the center today....Its a fairy tale by Hans Christian Anderson named the Red shoes

It is a cautionary tale about avarice

Reveal hidden contents

The little girl named Karen in that story lusted after a pair of red shoes and only cared that it made her appear lovely and gorgeous even when in the House of God instead of praying...An angel placed curse on those shoes so every time she put on those shoes her feet wouldn't stop dancing...even though she knew those shoes brought nothing but trouble, she wore them to the Grand Ball ignoring the  declining health of the kind lady who took her in after her mother died....that night the shoes won't stop dancing, they kept dancing and dancing and the old lady passed away. Later an executioner cut her legs to free her of her misery. She still couldn't go to church as those shoes and her legs would haunt her dancing every time she tried to go to the church...later God forgives her and her soul goes to heaven free of the red shoes.

I personally do not like this story because Hans Christian Anderson named the heroine of this fairy tale after his illegitimate half sister Karen,  due to poverty Karen was forced to take up prostitution and Hans feared she might show up to embarrass him and loathed her. This never sat well with me that he blamed his sister while she was just victim of her circumstances.

Now if this story is a parallel to what Moon Tae means to Moon Young, then I am scared. He is the forbidden red shoe that brings her nothing but misery, makes her sin or vice versa and they have to cut it apart but at the cost of deep personal loss. Is this a foreshadowing for a tragic end? I don't know, all I know is this show is beautiful and whimsical and so far hasn't played around in terms of pointing out just exactly anti-social personality disorder is. It often times can't be cured. If Moon Young is really of that variety then I am scared for where our romance is headed. But I am in and my ship has sailed. So, we shall see.

Thank you so much, @Nymeria289:w00t:

The red alerts for MKT were a bit too much in this episode and it is what everyone expects - her to ruin him. But, actually, with Hans Christian Anderson's tale you've mentioned, it might turn out to be the other way around: him to destroy her.

After finishing the second episode, I can honestly say that this drama will rank in my Top 3 kdramas of all time, and I am not even exaggerating. It's been a long time since I've ever had so many feelings at once, most of which I cannot properly express at the moment. :wub:

What I can say that I liked the most from this second episode was the incredible relationship between the two brothers. And MKT's smile at his brother is the most precious and sincere thing in this world, really. :wub:

Best line: 

"You're so brave, Sang-Tae, I am the coward."

"You're the younger brother, that's why you are the coward. I am the older brother, I know, you can always count on me."

So, the same as with MKT-KMY relation I've mentioned above - we expect her to cause problems to him, but might be the other way around. So, we expect MKT to take care of MST, but it might turn out to be the other way around.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 5

What a beautiful, artistic show. I'm feeling good about how the show is crafted and the dark tones it portrays so beautifully. I love the modern witch in a fairytale feel, Seo Ye Ji is really perfect in her role. Kim Soo Hyun is an adorable pitiable puppy . Hyeung is cute and I hope he can be rid of his butterflies soon ugghh poor thing. Anyways, I'm impressed. Every detail that has gone into this for a dark fairytale feel will be appreciated.

• Like 11

Just finished watching the second episode and somehow convinced my non drama watcher sister to finally watch something with me. I loved it and she did too. And the preview is making me think I'll love the next one too :lol:

I can't wait for him to learn to face his fears face on by living around her brave self. I know he is supposed to help her calm down and heal too. I don't mind her healing but I don't know if I want her to calm down too much :P cause I love how she always faces people and doesn't back down. 

I can't wait for what comes next 

• Like 12
  • Love 2

I just want to say that everyone is doing a SPLENDID performance on their role for the first 2 episodes! There's some comedy & intensity but this dark fairytale romance is sort of freaking me out, but in a good way.

Here's my thoughts after episode 2:

Spoiler

GMY'S narrative about the red shoe is really scary & now that she has found her red shoe, she isn't letting go. Imagine what she can do to get what she wants & that shows her obsession with MGT. 

Anyways, I would rather have her feelings become obsession because if she did confesses that she loves him, that would be out of her character since she lacks the feeling of sympathy & love. I want her to learn & grow to love with GT by her side to guide her to what love truly feels.

I know we'll get to see her character growth along with MGT's. For MGT, I want to see him face his own fears/issues instead of running away from it. Hopefully the writer will do justice to their character. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Omo!!! Wait for me chingus!! I am coming back after watching these two episodes!!

you guys are here too!!! :D (My sister who thought TKEM was way too complicated for her is squealing all over this drama. I keep telling her to be quiet and stop spoiling it for me :joy: )

You're late .... but not that late.  I'll bet you're going to host another party  here soon.

@Ahpheng it has been too long since I last saw your creation.

It's good to see many more "drama enthusiasts" here after another interesting episode. There are so many interesting moments.  Now that the main characters are back in their hometown where it all started, we'll know more about their connection to each other and the event that happened a long time ago that became a trauma to them.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

What a wonderful followup episode to the pilot! I am officially on board this ship, and I am willing to go down with it (but that hopefully is not gonna happen).

The direction is so wonderful! I have been been watching Kdramas since 13 years now, but I have rarely encountered something like this. It is so whimsical and magical, it's like the director has taken the audience directly into the land of all the fairy tales. I am IMPRESSED!

I specially loved the scene when OJS was all happy and running to meet the author at the book signing event, it takes a hell lot of creativity to come up with something so beautiful! BRAVO to director nim!

KSH is just incredibly manly and sexy, but gentle at the same time, RAWR!! 

SYJ takes no richard simmons from anyone, and her scene with the critic was just fantastic! The girl is gutsy and would take no crap from anyone. 

The chemistry as I said yesterday is on fire! 

Can't wait for next week's episode. 

I have not checked the ratings for episode 2, but I am sure they must have gone up. 

• Like 9
  • Love 3

- S P O I L E R -

4eb6959d2e692d1d4a6bf77b36ee1a4b.gif

Can we talk about the setting?

TVN and JTBC are the best when it comes to settings. I like the fact that they used the tales atmosphere to set it as a background, it's so pretty and smooth.

Characters

Every characters are interesting, I like how Moon Young is portrayed. She is cold but it's ok, it's not uncomfortable to watch.

It's not revealed yet but from what we have watched until now makes me think that her parents are involved in her mind state.

Yet, she seems to hate her mother more than her father. Her mother died and her father is treated in a psychiatric hospital. She doesn't want to be involved in his business, which is understandable since he tried to kill her in the past. 

Kang Tae's appearance seems to move her, he can help her to calm herself. He is the missing piece in the puzzle of her life. I think he will help her to be in peace with her past.

psycho-but-its-okay-04.jpg

Kang Tae is someone who sacrifice his life to care for his brother since their mother's death. He is lonely... since he was a kid, her mother only cares for his disable older brother. And, as a result he is left behind. He learns to be independent so he can take care of his brother. At a young age, he had to be the mother and the father of his brother. 

img_1658.jpg?w=1568

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

I’m glad she helped him , it’s sad to see all these people not helping ,Ok he scared the child but it’s not acceptable to hurt him the way the dad did . Taking advantage of the fact that disabled  guy probably won't hit him back. It's cheap and nasty to attack someone in general, let alone someone who will just stand and take it.

ezgif-5-c38d769c76e3.gif

ezgif-5-60f4166dad13.gif

ezgif-5-2c53fc6d6bc9.gif

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1