[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

I have not seen Kim Soo Hyun in a drama since Moon Embracing the Sun and really like his portrayal of Moon Kang Tae here. His patience and unconditional love for his hyung is admirable. And, it’s moving how he wholeheartedly accepts his hyung and simply lets him be himself. The bus scene of the two brothers together really made me feel that it's okay to not be "okay".

giphy.gif

I had thought Oh Jung Se did a really great job in When the Camellia Blooms and no different, he is perfecting the role as Moon Sang Tae here. I am amazed.

• Like 9
  • Love 3

17 hours ago, blademan said:

The little girl never gave up on those red shoes. In the end, the executioner had to cut off her feet. But the two feet that got cut off still continued to dance in those red shoes. Some things can't be torn apart no matter how hard you try to do so.

That is why obsession is noble and beautiful.

I have finally found my red shoes.

She called it for what it is. She is just obsessed with him atm. No better word for it.

I need to find a picture to verify it but I vaguely remember him wearing red shoes/sneakers in the flashback.  I may be wrong - need to rewatch.  But yes, he’s her obsession.  A fascination.  People with ASPD have a disconnect with their feelings.  They find it very hard to empathize because they don’t associate actions or pain with requisite emotions.  They don’t associate it with themselves internally so they can’t project it in others.  That’s why her choices seem so void of emotions.  Should I save him or should I not?  There is no panic, no association with the “why” she should.  It’s just a decision made in isolation.  They can “learn” to empathize.  Just like autistic children can “learn” appropriate responses to situations but it often comes across as very robotic and rigid.  I don’t think their (KT/MY) relationship would ever be “conventional” in any real sense of the word.

EDIT (found it)

265-A032-B-2669-432-E-A9-CC-488-BDD3-FDC

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

@YongZura⁷ thanks for the Link.

It seems all the Intl Hallyu Star Comeback projects are being shifted to a Weekend Time slot , just so the respective channels can strengthen their viewing. Anyhow..again I can't help with ratings cuz I'm not in SK.I just enjoy the show.

This show should pickup the ratings on TV as well going forward I think.

• Like 7

21 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

There is alot of foreshadowing to future heartache, and you know at some point in Moon Youngs healing she is going to have a major breakdown, and just thinking that at some point she'll be screaming through tears at him, Why did you leave me? You promised you'd never run away! is heart wrenching.

Damn, worrying about future break ups just 2 episodes in .... Yes, this drama is that good!

Oh... c'mon..... I think of a better future for all here. So far all I see is MKY showing him some wisdom. The question whether he'd leave her or not. I am sure he won't. When he was young he maybe didn't understand why the girl was ripping off the butterfly and being flustered so he ran way. But now he knows what is she like since he tries a little more closer to look into her personality and I see that he sees her beauty heart behind her psycho facade she shows.

Instead of running away, I think he will come to her this time. He has make one step different, facing his past and staying in his hometown. KMY words about him being a coward somewhat slaps him hard, enough to make him sober and decided to change his attitude. I believe their next encounters and interactions will create more bond to each other. And it's how both will learn each other's scar and find the best way to cope with it. 

Remember we experienced some sad ending threats in the previous drama so this one would be fine as well. Sang Tae is a hardcore fan of KMY. And the best way that he could meet her all the time is when she becomes his sister in law. That's perfect solution, he could have two of his precious people. Hahaha

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I really admire KSH for taking this role AND letting his lead actress shine.  I'm sure he was offered all manner of chaebol and prince type roles for his comeback vehicle but he chose to go for a relatively low key role where he's dressed in average street clothes or a plain nursing uniform most of the time whilst his co-star plays the extroverted character in the expensive, flashy clothes.  Don't get me wrong he still looks absolutely gorgeous because he is Kim Soo Hyun and he would look good in anything lol ^^

Netizendrama translated some comments for episode 2.  Looks like everyone is falling in love with SYJ:D

19 hours ago, TiNaDo said:

I feel like she kind of has to say that as Kim Soo Hyun is her boss as he part owns the agency:lol:

13 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I live for Ye Ji's sass and wardrobe. Man Wol has competition.:P LoL at his friend who told him he looked like the Joker when he smiled!

11 hours ago, Jeannie said:

I love MYs outfits so far especially the one when she in the book signing. Both of these drama have very good wardrobes. Man Wol definitely have competition. I kinda want IU to have a cameo in the drama too. 

6 hours ago, Liting1 said:

I love reading all of your thoughts, questions, opinions, etc. 

I'm on Twitter most of the time & want to share that our beautiful, Seo Yeji, has been trending at #1- #3 on Naver since the drama premiered. All due to her OUTSTANDING performance & ELEGANT looks as Go Moon Young! She has DELIVERED SO WELL for the first 2 episodes! Tbh, I never knew who she was till this drama. Yes, I'm guilty as charged & now she has WON my heart COMPLETELY.  

Her styling is giving me LIFE!  Love seeing her outfits, hair, make-up, jewellery but her styling in very scene.  The book signing look was my fave so far.  It was just gorgeous:heart2beat:

Whenever I see her I'm just like:

giphy.gif

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

21 hours ago, Phoenix Klaw said:

What is making me uncomfortable is that the official synopsis has given KMY the clinical diagnosis that she has antisocial personality disorder (ASPD). Has the show already said that? I have been doing some reading about this disorder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

https://www.everydayhealth.com/antisocial-personality-disorder/treatment/

I've watched several shows which talks about mental issues and ASPD is one of them. The recent one is the FL in Itaewon Class also diagnosed with this kind of antisocial disorder/sociopath. And whenever I watched some drama related to medical health I did some information check like you did. So after reading several medical journals related or articles I come to the conclusion that the mental issues they adapted for the drama character seems a bit toned down or adjust to the drama logic. We didn't see the real diagnosis being shown completely to the characters. But for general symptoms they have it. 

Perhaps this show wants to make the point that  there is a spectrum of mental problems, and we are all on a spectrum of normalcy. I can understand that. However, realistically, from a medical point of view, it seems like this kind of personality disorder (ASPD) is very difficult to treat. People with this disorder often have other mental illnesses. They cannot empathise or feel pain. In relationships, they are selfish, abusive and manipulative, and are unable to feel remorse. It is all about them. I hope that it turns out what she has is just a behavioural problem/ emotional issues caused by her parents that she can outgrow, and not a clinical problem. ASPD is not like schizophrenia that you can take drugs for. (cf, the show "Its Okay, that's Love")

Yes, I think it as this way. Like the cf, (I watched that drama and it's good) schizophrenia is also not a mild illness but the drama took a great approach to tell the story about it. I think there are several degrees/stages to ASPD. And KMY migh still in the early stages. So with a little therapy and love she'll be a lot better later. 

KT is such a lovely person and already burdened with having to take care of his (very lovely!) brother. We can talk about love conquering all in a kdrama, but a long term relationship with someone with a personality disorder is not what I would wish for a friend. It is very difficult.  Marriage is hard enough even with someone who is "normal".

Right. MY sees this beauty heart of him so she determined to go for it. I teared up when he came back for his brother after a short call.  I love the bus scene where he hands over his bro that encyclopedia dinosaurs then smiles seeing him in joy. Ah... this brotherhood feels so warm. Somewhat very different to our female lead history. I think a glimpse flashback she was strangled by a man which I assumed probably her own father.  If this true, I wonder why is he trying to kill her. Is this related to her mom? Hmm... I got so curious more and more but Friday feels so far away still. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, tea said:

I love the show, i am so hooked up. Leads have so good chemistry, plot is great also but i just read about ratings drop to 4,72 and i dont get it. I feel that knetz only love dramas with rich heir poor girl type. 

the response from knetz for the first 2 episodes were mostly positive though! it might just be a sunday thing idk

but i think they're doing good Netflix wise, they reached top 1 in the top 10 most watched shows per day in a few countries including korea, so that might also explain the rates dropping since they chose to watch on netflix instead of tv

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

I loooove this drama! Haha

I love both character complexity.

Just it such a shame how shallow some people can be,

I guess this drama is an acquired taste.

I saw somebody comment how GMY is dramatic, 

I would prefer intense, and she is not randomly intense,

Writer/director had actually explain GMY was mentally abused by her mother and physically abused by her father murder attempt.

GMY is a trauma child, that's why she is dark and intense.

I find it interesting, how people around her keep saying "she is a born wicked"

When the whole time, writer had been told us,

"She is mentally abused almost maybe, her entire childhood by her mother"

Well this is what i personally believe, human born with both good and bad.

How human raised and circumstances they live would make either the good or the bad bigger than the other.

That's why when we raise children we keep saying they are good and beautiful, because if children keep hearing they are bad or ugly,

eventually they will believe it, after they believe it they will do bad and ugly things.

Because they think those what they are, bad and ugly.

Now imagine, GMY had her entire childhood being told she is a wicked monster.

No wonder she says her mother soul still alive, what her mother told never really leave her and eventually become part of her.

Btw, i like the sexual tension between GMY and MGT.

Well GMY could not be more obvious, 

But MGT attempt to control himself pretty much useless,

when she persistently set so they will meet again (remember writing on MGT's brother book?)

And eventually directly go to hospital he move in.

She keeps teasing him,

With the way she looks at him, her words, her touch, as if she knows he is one step away from losing his control.

Awwww sexy.

MGT as a close to sunshine character in this drama, does well.

Despite never really get his mother attention and care he deserves,

MGT refused to become a bitter person,

Take care of his brother when he himself struggling,

Wholeheartedly care for patients while doing his job.

MGT and GMY could really balance each other.

I hope production team adding more narration as cheat sheet.

Because both lead characters are complex and deep.

And not every viewer willing to swim deep.

They don't know what they miss.

And, waiting for revelation of GMY and her obsession with sharp things,

I got a feeling there's interesting story/reason behind it.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, TiNaDo said:

Thanks, @hwonhwon_stv:phew:

No but he really is dashing in his regular clothes. :wub:

Again the contrasts. She was dressed in a multi-coloured & ecscentric dress; he was dressed in jeans and plain shirt. And still, he looked effortlessly beautiful. *sigh*

You're welcome :)

NETFLIX

Streaming & Popularity Rankings
 Ranking latest updates
#1 Korea
#1 Hong Kong
#1 Malaysia
#1 Philippines
#1 Singapore
#1 Taiwan
#1 Thailând
#4 Nigéria
#5 Japan
#7 Índia

EbHoqnVUMAAWvn0?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Hello guys, i am new here, I don't really understand how this thread works but i can't help myself to join this convo xD

I have watched the first two ep and it was great. The cinematography and transition is one of the best from any kdrama i've seen before. I feel like kim soo hyun choose the right project for his comeback. The acting is on point, i really love their opposite character and I keep wondering what will happen next. I have many question about their past, but i think it's too early to ask since it will be revealed latter

So, regarding to the 1st ep, the patient who fought with moonyoung is found dead on the isolation room. They show it on the news, there is blood on the pillow and the knife was moonyoung's knife she took form the restaurant. When i watched first ep, i thought it gonna be a plot twist. Since moonyoung said she has a bussiness so she didn't go back home with the CEO. But they didn't mention anything regarding to that patient on 2nd ep. So i keep wondering, is the patient died related to the story or not? but if it is not, why did they mention this?

what do you think guys? maybe I love the first 2 ep that much, that's why i keep wondering hehe

Edited by Cofiyumm
  • Like 6

54 minutes ago, Cofiyumm said:

Hello guys, i am new here, I don't really understand how this thread works but i can't help myself to join this convo xD

I have watched the first two ep and it was great. The cinematography and transition is one of the best from any kdrama i've seen before. I feel like kim soo hyun choose the right project for his comeback. The acting is on point, i really love their opposite character and I keep wondering what will happen next. I have many question about their past, but i think it's too early to ask since it will be revealed latter

So, regarding to the 1st ep, the patient who fought with moonyoung is found dead on the isolation room. They show it on the news, there is blood on the pillow and the knife was moonyoung's knife she took form the restaurant. When i watched first ep, i thought it gonna be a plot twist. Since moonyoung said she has a bussiness so she didn't go back home with the CEO. But they didn't mention anything regarding to that patient on 2nd ep. So i keep wondering, is the patient died related to the story or not? but if it is not, why did they mention this?

what do you think guys? maybe I love the first 2 ep that much, that's why i keep wondering hehe

Welcome to the thread:doggie:

I agree the cinematography and the scene transitions are superb.  You can tell a lot of thought has gone into every aspect of the drama. I hope they don't end up in live shooting mode so they can continue to maintain the excellent production quality without compromising the story.

Good question regarding the patient in episode 1.  I'm certain MY went back to give the little girl a signed copy of the book and she had nothing to do with that death.  Possibly that death will come back up in a later episode, for instance, if something similar happens to a patient at OK hospital now MY is working there.

• Like 7

Sam Kim will be part of Psycho But It's Okay OSt

TAIWAN NEWS

Why do caregivers have eight muscles? Kim Soo Hyun deciphered "it is the real situation"

Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji's performance of "Psycho, it does not matter" won the first time in the first week of the cable TV at the same time. They accepted an interview with Netflix. Kim Soo Hyun revealed his good figure in the show : When I go to the hospital to do my homework, the real caregiver needs to cope with unexpected situations while working, and is indeed in good health.

"Psycho,  but it's okay",  the first episode released the eyeglasses, which featured Kim Soo Hyun showing eight muscles while changing clothes. Kim Soo Hyun said modestly that although he hasn't had a long age of play, he has learned skills while performing "Psycho but it's okay". He can still bring his emotions to the audience without being too trapped in the character's emotions. Before the filming of this drama, he went to the hospital to observe the actual work of the caregiver, and found that the caregiver was quite healthy, with traces of years left on him, and he looked tired with "world-weariness". Make up the part.

Seo Ye Ji said that at the beginning, there was some distress to explain the unpleasant part of the heroine Go Moon Young's personality, especially disregarding other people's feelings and selfishness. However, with the emergence of Kim Soo Hyun, the heroine gradually learned to empathize, and her role in the future will change in the positive direction. I hope you can find the difference in her acting skills.

Seo Ye Ji didn't please anyone in the play, she was only himself. After she found that Kim Soo Hyun ran home to work in his hometown, she went after him without a word. Seo Ye Ji foretold that Go Moon Young would express her heart frankly because she loved  Kang Tae too. She acted as a confession drama and the code was quite "relaxing". She always looked like "I want him" and "I have to be him" to make her feel very interesting.

Oh Jung Se also exerted his strength to win the supporting role of the TV department of the Baeksang Art Awards. Moon Sang Tae who interpreted autism was quite convincing and shocking. He admitted that he had done a lot of homework beforehand, and he also handled the acting skills with caution. Hope to convey the simple and pure charm of Moon Sang Tae to the audience.

Kim Soo Hyun also hopes that the audience can resonate with the role. If you can cheer for the role of Moon Kang Tae, it means the audience's affirmation of their acting skills. Although only two episodes are airing, it has successfully attracted the attention of the audience. 
Even psychologists in Taiwan have recommended the play on Facebook, confirming that the details of the play are close to the reality.
"Psycho, but it doesn't matter",  it goes live on Netflix every Saturday and Sunday at 9:30.

https://stars.udn.com/star/story/10091/4652138?utm_source=udnstar&utm_medium=fb&fbclid=IwAR0deNkYEmYRX99C13tWIpekpmq8nADF2w2DEmPQGlKwrz_4Oc-Tg1kgCj0

Jin Xiuxian, Xu Ruizhi and Wu Zhengshi were interviewed together.  Figure / courtesy of Netflix

8072315.jpg%26s=Y%26x=100%26y=0%26sw=108

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

Sam Kim will be part of Psycho But It's Okay OSt

TAIWAN NEWS

Why do caregivers have eight muscles? Kim Soo Hyun deciphered "it is the real

Just wondering, did you use google translation or something similar?

• Like 2