[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

3 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

Okay, I don't think this is a soul swap. SH is getting HB memories. That flashback of when HB first met HE, JB also remembered it. Now that was kinda confusing because it was like he was standing right in front of him, so I'm assuming that JC may have been behind HE and was watching the two.

It’s confusing, but I think I understand why the both men have Hyun Bin’s memories and it is because Ji Cheol was such a stalker HAHAHAHA

And now I think is a direct rebirth, cause the way Sa Bin reacts with Soo Hyuk. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HHi chingus. First time here. :PJust want to give some opinion on this drama. Its just my theories. 

1st theory

Theres nothing about soul swapping. I think its more about redemption of unfinished business.

As we can see the first ml died before clearing out his name/intention towards the female lead. Mybe this recarnation is giving him chance to clear out his name. At least he not beast/monster as claimed by fl during previous life. If u guys still remember, during previous life, he took some medical books on cardiology to understand fl disease. Thats why during recarnation he become medical student. Haha.

Mybe fl and second ml have chance to get together in second life . Korean drama nowdays tend to be out of the box. I think they want to pair up fl and second ml(prosecutor) at the first place.

2nd theory

It could be soul swapping in any way. Hahaha.

Because in the last scene, when the prosecutor saw the fl read the story in front of first ml at the stair, hes having chest pain. (sorry i dont know korean,so im not sure what the fl is bubbling about at the stair). Somehow its like the scene when the first ml (in previous life) watching fl taught students in the church. 

However im more to the first theory. I think its really unfair for first ml to die regretfully as everyone is mistaken him. This recarnation is giving him chance to redeem back.

Thats all my 2 cents. Haha

P/s

1)Sorry for bad english. 

2) this drama is not my cup of tea. Thats why im having  prob to remember the names. Haha. I just mention ml and fl. 

3) The reason why i watch this because of jang ki yong. Hes very good actor plus handsome. Haha

4) TBH, i dont really like the actress who plays the female lead actress. Dont get me wrong. Shes pretty good actress. But i dont know why shes like lacking somewhre in this drama. Is it because chemistry? Or she sounds cheesy when talking to skeleton. ( i dont know korean, it just my feeling)  But shes beautiful. So plus point for her in this drama.

Im very sorry. This is just my opinion. 

After ep4, i think there's another killer/copycat out there. I don't think JB is the killer even though all hints to that, him spending time with the victim and such. It's like history repeats, Soohyuk already suspects him, maybe even thinks his next target might be Sabin. hmm. 

And may i say, i like Soohyuk more and more? how he deals with that criminal at the interrogation room was so cool. True, his method is not right nor legal to forge evident but his goal is to not let those criminal out and commit other crimes. I can see from both Sabin and his pov and it's interesting to see how they will grow to understand each other more. well this ep makes me think maybe there wasn't a swapping anything at all. That scene at the autopsy room, where he came back for his fountain pen? omg. at one moment you could see his eyes turning soft a little. Despite his cold demeanor and rude words he still cares in his way and has his principles about justice and criminals. albeit too judgmental at times, perhaps he'll change that in the end. I gotta say their chemistry is so strong here, i'm sold >< and the car accident, him trying to protect her and her seeing his blood for the 1st time. that flashback gave me so muchhh feels, so Haeun fell in love at 1st sight w HB? and no doubt the proposition HB talked about was to the girl in front of him too >< And how Soohyuk's affected by SB reading that letter from one writing to her dead lover, it can only be Hyungbin imo.

7 hours ago, jeilopes said:

It’s confusing, but I think I understand why the both men have Hyun Bin’s memories and it is because Ji Cheol was such a stalker HAHAHAHA

Sabin and Soohyuk scenes give me hopes again that they're still Haeun and Hyungbin. Idk it just feel different, despite them arguing every moment they meet, can't deny there's some sort of attraction and connection there.

3 hours ago, RanP said:

Sabin and Soohyuk scenes give me hopes again that they're still Haeun and Hyungbin. Idk it just feel different, despite them arguing every moment they meet, can't deny there's some sort of attraction and connection there.

I like both men I'm really sorry that killer too because his love was true and pure. And I'm happy that both guys have new better life now they rich and popular but l hope that Soohyuk its  Hyunbin I don't know why well both of them deserve to be happy now. And what amazing scene with body that became a bones it's like   Hyunbin finally find her and Rest In Peace. Sometimes I love to see more fantasy here like their souls but I like this realism too.

After 4(8) episode I am really intrigued.. It's been a while since I saw a drama that hooked me in such away that I want to follow it on a weekly basses. Usually I just binge-watch things while forwarding when it gets boring or annoying. With this one I watch it raw and then with subs. LOL

Unfortunately it is probably as many have stated that the guys have swapped places, or no swapping at all. But I feel like it would fit better with their personalities if KSH was the murderer JS was the detective and CJB is the girl. kekeke

The most intriguing character (for me) is CJBKSH is a tad bit too head-strong-do-it-my-way, and JS is the one I could do with out at the moment. LOL I would just love it if there was no romance at all in the present. And please more scenes with CJB and KSH word fighting. *sparkling eyes* Can't we make them the main characters and JS just be a side character?  At the moment I just find her to be something that they use to move the plot forward. 

13 hours ago, jeilopes said:

Yeah it is confusing, the really confusing par is when CBJ gets that flash back from the book store it is like he is seeing through JHE's eyes. Also all three characters in the past had pain in the heart. LOL

ok hear me out: what if haeun's soul swapped with jicheol's? like hyeong bin following haeun but she ignores him, jicheol is following hyeongbin religiously. Like that would be so 2020. :D

Also i couldn't help but cringe everyone's handling the mummy and the book evidence. Soo hyeok grabbing the book with bare hands noone stopping him. Also Sabin holding the hands of the mummy with her BARE HANDS. You are a professor at a university honey, you should know better.

I hope JB end up with SB:blush::anguished: I like both of them and I hope that their past not too influential their life now....because I'm really sorry for JC because his love for HE is so pure but they are in wrong time and wrong place...

maybe I'm the only one who thinks that if HB gives a little time for JC to talk the events might be different but please make JB and SB happy together and deal with their past

And SH can be their best friend

P.S. Sorry for bad english...I haven't been in a ssompi forum for a long time so I'm back now:joy:

Hello, I'm new to this forum & making my first post 'cause I really like this drama. Here is my view about support roles which are important keys in the umbrella serial murder case. 

1)

Jang Hye Mi: Esp1, Gong In Woo (serial killer), Gong Ji Chul, a man, and a woman, 4 people in a white car was leaving Korea. When Ji Chul left the car, he asked Hye Mi to take care of him and find a place for him to stay. Was she the lawyer of Ji Chul in the court??? In 2020, Jang Hye Mi is mother of LSH's fiance. She is also the author of history book of Gong Ji Chul. She suggests LSH to investigate JKY because she knows JKY has a mental illness and involves in a murder case when he was 15 years old. 

2)

Chun Suk Tae: In 1980s, he was a prosecutor responding for Ji Chul case. He had the same personalities as LSH in 2020. He said similarly as LSH he would make fake proofs to hang Ji Chul in jail. In 2020, he is a chief prosecutor, non biological father of JKY. When the umbrella case repeats itself, he asks LSH look into it, he knows it is a copycat. He says he did hang the murderer on the gallows and he was died 30 years ago. (So who was hang on? Ji Chul of another person?). Suk Tae's dad is a pastor. Do it relate to the Haebora Church where LSH and JSY made their wedding? 

3) 

Gong In Woo: Is he biological father of Ji Chul? Is he a professor? Is he a painter or doctor? Hye Mi answered him in the car very formally. There is no scene about his killing people so far. LSH said "one killed and other gave them a funeral"???

4)

The fourth person in the car. He was around in his 20s. Was he an assistant for GIW in murder cases? 

5)

Min Young Ho: Only known through dialogues between people in the drama. He was in ICU with his brain dead, and Ji Chul was his guardian. His blood type is 0. Also, Sung Ho, a child,  (killed by his stepmom) has 0 blood type. Maybe Young Ho is biological father of Sung Ho???

6)

Renton Smith: The foreigner doctor, he asked if Ji Chul was a son of Min Young Ho as professor said it to him. Who was the professor he implied? We know JKY in 2020 has DNA of 1% top doctor. Renton is also person who firstly suggesting a church for SH & EH wedding, and the tragedy happened there. 

On 4/28/2020 at 4:05 AM, RanP said:

Spoiler

I'm curious about the corpse. The stab wounds and esp the ring point to Hyungbin but the book? who made the 'funeral' for the corpse? why hiding its identity? Did anyone of them survive back then? in one flashback, it showed Haeun running calling for Hyungbin, was it just an imagination? I'm so confused. At some points i feel the swapping souls appeal strongly, like when present (p) Jicheol (sorry can't remember their present character name yet) reacted those moments with p Haeun, or when p Hyungbin's eye hurts. But then p Hyungbin also had that flashback of Haeun calling out his name? And so far, they really changed p HB, but i like it, how he said he'd play along with that criminal who apparently had a history w him, very satisfying in my eyes when he didn't back down. p Jicheol is still such a complex character, and man that family is f* up. I thought for one sec his mom was normal but then she creeps me out later when she refused to let him move out.. If he's really Jicheol, damn why he's still reborn in such family :( that bg foresee nothing good. For now I don't think he's in love with p Haeun, actually i don't feel any loveline at the present. He's troubled by how his pulse went out of control when he's w her, his drawing skill and those flashbacks and trying to figure it out. p Haeun is more attracted to the corpse to me (lol) They have more interactions and from next ep preview they'll have even more but idk i don't feel anything much yet maybe that's just me. While p Haeun and p Hyungbin only had one eye exchange after he 'saved' her , i found that moment quite intense.. plus the ending scene and what she said that when the time comes, that person will find her and she'll find him. like their moment is yet to come. So far p HB and p HE share bare minimum and not so good impression of each other and that missed opportunity to talk properly so i'll wait patiently for that moment to come. oh well maybe just heartbreak is gonna wait for me but yep. omg what's with these rambling ^^,

edit: i'm in love w the ost and instrumental also, full of melancholy :'(

It seems like you got your wish with more SB-SH tension-filled interactions in episode. 

Haeun is more attracted to the corpse to me (lol)

:lol: It's true! I like that her character is a bit of an oddball with her obsession with corpses.

I don't feel a loveline between JeongBeom and Sa Bin yet.  I think she simply sees him as a very eager student.  I'm not sure yet about his interest in her. It definitely goes beyond scholarly interest-but it could just be a crush on a young and pretty teacher who is willing to talk to and listen to him.  I do wonder if their relationship in the drama is going to be more like friend and mentor rather than a love interest. Unlike poor JiCheol who had nobody his whole life to influence him in a positive way besides one single conversation with Ha Eun:cry: Sa Bin is actually a presence in JeongBeom's life and a bright contrast to his grim family life.  Maybe her presence can help JeongBeom to avoid the tragedy JiCheol's couldn't in his previous lifetime.  

Having said that I'm not sure what to make of this fixation JC has with women with scars:ph34r:  i thought it might be a subconscious throwback to Ha Eun but she had no scar as she couldn't have surgery. Maybe something to do with the girl who he allegedly killed when he was 15?

On 4/29/2020 at 2:23 AM, RanP said:

After ep4, i think there's another killer/copycat out there. I don't think JB is the killer even though all hints to that, him spending time with the victim and such. It's like history repeats, Soohyuk already suspects him, maybe even thinks his next target might be Sabin. hmm. 

And may i say, i like Soohyuk more and more? how he deals with that criminal at the interrogation room was so cool. True, his method is not right nor legal to forge evident but his goal is to not let those criminal out and commit other crimes. I can see from both Sabin and his pov and it's interesting to see how they will grow to understand each other more. well this ep makes me think maybe there wasn't a swapping anything at all. That scene at the autopsy room, where he came back for his fountain pen? omg. at one moment you could see his eyes turning soft a little. Despite his cold demeanor and rude words he still cares in his way and has his principles about justice and criminals. albeit too judgmental at times, perhaps he'll change that in the end. I gotta say their chemistry is so strong here, i'm sold >< and the car accident, him trying to protect her and her seeing his blood for the 1st time. that flashback gave me so muchhh feels, so Haeun fell in love at 1st sight w HB? and no doubt the proposition HB talked about was to the girl in front of him too >< And how Soohyuk's affected by SB reading that letter from one writing to her dead lover, it can only be Hyungbin imo.

I agree it definitely isn't JB who is committing the new yellow umbrella murders.  I feel like someone is goading or mocking him the same way JC's father used to try and brainwash him into murdering.  Also I think his mother was tricked about the sperm donor.  It isn't some top doctor.  I think it was Gong ji Cheol's father's sperm so JeongBeom is biologically his son.  That's why JB is an unexpectedly good artist.

Kim Soo Hyuk is definitely an interesting and morally grey character. I didn't like him in the episode 5-6 because he seems so prejudiced and unethical.  However, I have started to understand him and his reasoning a little better after episode 7-8. Especially as we see from that scene in prison that the suspect Byun Sung Hoon IS guilty of murdering multiple people so if SH hadn't fabricated the evidence he would still be out there free to kill more people. It's quite the moral dilemma.

SH is already subconsciously starting to be overprotective about Sa Bin without realising it: following JB into the exhibition hall, protecting her in the car crash at his own risk, the way he told her to fasten her seatbelt. I bet if it was anyone else he wouldn't have cared whether they wore their seatbelt or not!:lol: It's going to be fun to see how far he goes about this random girl who shouldn't matter to him at all...and what his fiancee makes of it!

On 4/28/2020 at 2:29 PM, SharkDudu said:

i agree with @jeilopes . i also think the pain SH felt was bc the brain is smashed at the exact same spot and not bc of thats where JC shot himself. in another words i wish their souls didnt exchange haha

I think the same.  It seems more like he is having a cluster headache in that location - possibly because of where his skull was smashed in by this mystery assialant.

On 4/28/2020 at 1:27 PM, rocher22 said:

That was fun...when JB showed up with those cans of drinks.

I think the can of coke was for SB. :D

:lol:The Coke was definitely for SaBin!

I agree about her lecture scenes. You can see how passionate she is about her work (and I even learned something new). I bet her class is very popular.  of course I'm sure it doesn't hurt that she is youthful and beautiful too:D

4 hours ago, BeeMoonDo said:

Hello, I'm new to this forum & making my first post 'cause I really like this drama. Here is my view about support roles which are important keys in the umbrella serial murder case. 

Welcome to the thread! :lol: Thank you for the really interesting observations. I didn't pick up on a lot of those details.  i need to rewatch the episodes again

Beautiful fanart from Korean fan.  Love Hyung Bin and Ha Eun:heart: but JiCheol:bawling::heartbreak:

JB is weird, but he isnt a killer because of that.

SH is arrogant and insightful.

He remembered that the girl he rescued was SB.

I think there is some attraction between SB and SH.

Then when SH returned for his fountain pen, SB completely forgot 

that JB is waiting for her.

I also like the scenes between SB and JB.

I think JB is fascinated by her.

after 4 episodes I see that we had amazing cast here but LSH is more high level then other.

When he is on screen you  forget about others like SB forget that JB waited for her

I agree that JB is weird but I dont think he is the killer and /... not prosecutor too...its someone else 

45 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I think there is some attraction between SB and SH.

Yes there is so chemistry  between them!!

10 hours ago, raziela said:

I don't feel a loveline between JeongBeom and Sa Bin yet.  I think she simply sees him as a very eager student.  I'm not sure yet about his interest in her. It definitely goes beyond scholarly interest-but it could just be a crush on a young and pretty teacher who is willing to talk to and listen to him.  I do wonder if their relationship in the drama is going to be more like friend and mentor rather than a love interest. Unlike poor JiCheol who had nobody his whole life to influence him in a positive way besides one single conversation with Ha Eun

Agree Ji Cheol  had strong filings for her ... well you know what i like prosecutor's words about  mummy past... he is right Ji Cheol must be forgiven and forgot Its new life now for all of them. I wish to see three of them happy now

17 hours ago, BeeMoonDo said:

Hello, I'm new to this forum & making my first post 'cause I really like this drama.

Loved reading your theories!  Thank you so much.

I'm following this drama from a safe distance (in other words, I'm reading recaps and spoilers but won't watch until the drama ends because the first episode just hit me too hard) so I really enjoy reading insights like yours.  

Welcome!  :wub:

lighthoney1610 very kindly translated most of the JSY, JKY, LSH radio interview with English subtitles.  It's very fun!:blush:

14 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I think JB is fascinated by her.

Yes!  That's feeling I get from him towards SB.  She's not like anyone he has met before and he is fascinated and likes being around her. I don't know if it's love (yet?) and it's not the all-consuming obsessive love JiCheol felt for Ha Eun but JB's circumstances are so different from JC.  JC had nothing so seeing HE was literally the one shining light in his life. Even though JB's home life seems miserable at least superficially and in terms of material things he is much more fortunate.

@Oksana Sutra It's definitely impressive seeing LSH in the different scenes as sweet, lovey-dovey Cha Hyung Bin and then ice cold, mean prosecutor Kim Soo Hyuk.  LSH even mentions in the radio interview that he's never had the chance to play a romantic character like CHB before so it's nice to get to show a new side of himself.

i agree they all deserve to be happy in this life.  I wonder how they will get around the love tringle and resolbe it satisfactorily so all the characters can be happy.

9 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I like her answer...

I actually wasn't certain if she was being serious or making a joke here.  If it's true she can't see red I wonder if that means anything to their red string fate featured in the posters and the red string HaEun tied the marriage bears together with at the church.

KBS posted the new BTS making video

Archived