[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

I watched this last episodes again and I noticed two things:

- When Jong Beum was talking with Sa Bin in the university. He said that her heart transplant was 18 years ago. So it is impossible the theory about Ji Cheul’s heart. Jong Beum is 23 years.

- Something happened with Kim Soo Hyuk’s father. Maybe He was a murder or a victim, but something happened. When He was angry talking with Sa Bin about Jong Beum and how He didn’t want His people die anymore. He said - And my father...

I think his father was murdered.

I really wanna know what happened with Kim Soo Hyuk in the past.

3 hours ago, Miky88 said:

I'm more and more sure that Soo Hyuk let go of a culprit 3 years ago that ended up killing right away after being released(His father being the victim or the killer)

And yes, can be something like this. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@Miky88 You're right about the writer!! I googled the writer's name and I think this is their first time writing for a drama because I couldn't really find any info of their previous works :grimace:!

I thought Ha Eun had died at the same time because in the present, SH and SB go to the bookstore (Old Future) to try and return the ring and the bookstore owner said how Ha Eun had died 30 years ago. 

I literally tried re-watching the episodes thinking there's probably something I'm missing, but nope don't think so. At first I thought that part of JC dying and coming back to life was just a live action of the book that lady wrote, but nope now the show has made it so beyond confusing for all of us viewers haha.

I can definitely see the lawyer lady being in on it for sure. Oh yea and your theory of SH letting go of a killer and potentially killing his father is highly possible! A definite impact on his behavior now. 

I'm waiting for that investigator who is working with SH to meet SB because surely then he will tell them both how they're both look-a-likes of their previous lives!

Indeed it's a rookie writer and even if she made in my opinion a possible MAJOR error,how could the PD let it slide and film it,she is a rookie his team surely not...

It was in Episode 5 when it was mentioned in Sa Bin diary about her father's memories that on the day they executed Gong Ji Chul,Sa Bin was born yet people continued to mention that Ha Eun was still alive and in Episode 6 even Ji Chul in the morgue said again she is alive...Like it's impossible if Sa Bin is the reincarnation of Ha Eun for the later to be alive,the same for Gong Ji Chul...I mean i know this is also fantasy but still...

Also i hint that Hye Mi aka Lawyer Lady is kinda using Gong Ji Chul name as a dual,one when talking about the real one and on times when talking about the Psycho Dad...Like when she talked in episode 6,it was quite intimate her description and i bet she was talking about her Mentor not the real Ji Chul...

Side note : Kocowa subs have errors so take with a bit of salt the translations as they aren't fully accurate ...

55 minutes ago, Miky88 said:

Indeed it's a rookie writer and even if she made in my opinion a possible MAJOR error,how could the PD let it slide and film it,she is a rookie his team surely not...

It was in Episode 5 when it was mentioned in Sa Bin diary about her father's memories that on the day they executed Gong Ji Chul,Sa Bin was born yet people continued to mention that Ha Eun was still alive and in Episode 6 even Ji Chul in the morgue said again she is alive...Like it's impossible if Sa Bin is the reincarnation of Ha Eun for the later to be alive,the same for Gong Ji Chul...I mean i know this is also fantasy but still...

Also i hint that Hye Mi aka Lawyer Lady is kinda using Gong Ji Chul name as a dual,one when talking about the real one and on times when talking about the Psycho Dad...Like when she talked in episode 6,it was quite intimate her description and i bet she was talking about her Mentor not the real Ji Chul...

Side note : Kocowa subs have errors so take with a bit of salt the translations as they aren't fully accurate ...

@Miky88 such a rookie mistake for sure!! they have so much explaining to do right now ! Like say for example the events of the hanging happened before the whole winter shooting scene, none of the storyline would fit.  I’m going to try and find a recap that someone else did and see if there’s a possible explanation for what has happened in the previous few episodes and let you all know ! Oh yea true with your theory about the lawyer lady !

oh yea I haven’t been using kocowa, but instead using this site called kiss Asian that has a team of translators. Usually they seem on point but maybe not this time?:cry:

I think it's confirmed already the heart transplant is from JC because SB said herself the heart transplant is from death row convict and thats why she said her heart have been beating in fear whenever she saw SH (as he is prosecutor and the heart is from prisoner). but again if the heart is from JC why it need to beat in fear whenever SB saw SH? HB did not kill JC so why he need to feel scared of HB (SH in present time)?? BUT SERIOUSLY all these time i thought SB heart beating whenever she saw SH is because she is HE's reincarnation and SH is HB's reincarnation thus her heart beating (as HB is past lover of HE) but if that is actually JC's heart then could be SB did not even like SH actually? she just confused bc her heart keep beating whenever she saw SH???? someone please help me resolve this confusion. 

@Miky88 I was trying to find episode recaps for the most recent episodes to try and understand it more, but none could be found :grimace:. I was checking out Reddit and saw this

MeI7iit.png

Makes me feel less alone knowing other people are experiencing the same confusion of the show's storyline haha :joy:

41 minutes ago, galaxy97 said:

I think it's confirmed already the heart transplant is from JC because SB said herself the heart transplant is from death row convict and thats why she said her heart have been beating in fear whenever she saw SH (as he is prosecutor and the heart is from prisoner). but again if the heart is from JC why it need to beat in fear whenever SB saw SH? HB did not kill JC so why he need to feel scared of HB (SH in present time)?? BUT SERIOUSLY all these time i thought SB heart beating whenever she saw SH is because she is HE's reincarnation and SH is HB's reincarnation thus her heart beating (as HB is past lover of HE) but if that is actually JC's heart then could be SB did not even like SH actually? she just confused bc her heart keep beating whenever she saw SH???? someone please help me resolve this confusion. 

@galaxy97 I dont think it was confirmed that it was JC's heart that SB got. I think her heart is just beating because as you said it's HB's reincarnated self. All three characters have ticks when they run into each other whether its SB's heart beating quickly or JB's hand tremors or SH's eye hurting. 

14 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@galaxy97 I dont think it was confirmed that it was JC's heart that SB got. I think her heart is just beating because as you said it's HB's reincarnated self. All three characters have ticks when they run into each other whether its SB's heart beating quickly or JB's hand tremors or SH's eye hurting. 

but the latest episode said so? i mean who else could be the death row convict other than JC? and if it is not JC then what's the point the writer make the heart transplant is from death row convict? i totally could not get it. i do wish the heart is not from JC or else i started to doubt the feeling SB feel towards SH right now.

Just finished watching the latest episodes.. kinda of confusing.   If you like Agatha Christie or Alfred Hitchcock novels, the twist and turn of events will keep you wanting more.  After watching the latest, I keep wanting more immediately instead of waiting for another week.   But then have to be patience to watch the mystery unfolds weekly.  At the end of day, this mystery drama is worth watching, even though the suspense is keeping you sitting at the edge of the chair.  Wonder who will be next victim of SH or JB? Who is using GJC name in the message to JB. Think next week, we see more flashbacks of the 3 main characters. 

12 minutes ago, galaxy97 said:

but the latest episode said so? i mean who else could be the death row convict other than JC? and if it is not JC then what's the point the writer make the heart transplant is from death row convict? i totally could not get it. i do wish the heart is not from JC or else i started to doubt the feeling SB feel towards SH right now.

@galaxy97 check out the following images which were from episodes 5-6:

lFf90D9.png

bfpsm4D.png

As you can see its not JC who's heart she received.

okay thanks @SweetButters!! now i got it!! kim seo yeon is SH's father right?? thats why seo tae ha said SH have a killer blood on his vein. because his father is a killer and SB received this heart. thats why SB's heart have been beating in fear. bc the heart belongs to SH's father!!

4 minutes ago, galaxy97 said:

okay thanks @SweetButters!! now i got it!! kim seo yeon is SH's father right?? thats why seo tae ha said SH have a killer blood on his vein. because his father is a killer and SB received this heart. thats why SB's heart have been beating in fear. bc the heart belongs to SH's father!!

@galaxy97 where are you getting that Kim Seo Yeon is SH's father? Is there a specific scene in an episode that clearly says Kim Seo Yeon is SH's father?

Just now, SweetButters said:

@galaxy97 where are you getting that Kim Seo Yeon is SH's father? Is there a specific scene in an episode that clearly says Kim Seo Yeon is SH's father?

thats my theory. first because seo taeha himself said SH have killer blood. so from this words it only could be he's a blood related to a killer or he let go of the criminal and that criminal kill his father (like others have been guessing). and this death row convict last name is also KIM and SH last name is also KIM. and yep like i said before, there's no point for the writer to make SB received a heart from a death row convict if they have no reason of it. So this might be a hurdle for SB later once SH know she received heart from his father. i mean seems like SH hate his father (since he's a killer) so he might hate SB later? again this is my theory but if u deduct carefully every words SH said and others, i think you can agree with this too (esp when SH said abt his father in latest ep).

28 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

I also think that SB had heart of SH's father well I'm really glad, that something is connect them :wub:

and one think guys the gift from JB,

it's a meteorite, right? it is magnetic, this stone is dangerous to her heart, he is a medical student, how could he forget about it

This drama is really f*kin up my mind lol Now what i am sure is that there's another psychopath under the name of 'Gong Jicheol' who's been in contact with and possibly following JB and thinking they're same kinds. While i'm not sure if JB killed that woman since it's shown he'd entered her apartment after returning the socks in her mailbox. Either way that psycho rang the bell at the neighbor to create a witness pointing to JB, and JB reaction when he learnt it from SH was a smirk, and the text they exchange later. I believe JB is trying to find out who that GJC is for a while now. I've been thinking the little brother can be that psycho copycat? but that'd be crazy, he's so young, could it be him for real? beside him who else? Hyemi? a new character?

This ep made me understand JB a little more, what he'd endured since childhood to be able to stay in that 'family'. He'd grown to not feeling others pain and SB was the very first person who saw what he's been trying to hide and revolt for him, she didn't label him as others but try to understand him, and believe in him. bc of her, he started feeling pain for another human being for the 1st time. SB is doing exactly the same thing HE did in the past to JC. To me it's not romantic feeling what he has for her, at least not now, she's become his 'savior', his only 'light' in some sort. It'll need more time for him to really grow and understand those emotions. It was interesting to point out when he met those ex-convicts working at the bar, those who look like being able to go back to the right path, which he didn't seem to believe that much.

JC, i do think he survived the shooting. If he didn't die of the execution but later, that explains why JB is like 10yrs younger than SB and SH. The question is when HE died, the prosecutor back then mentioned HE was alive, the thing is we never saw her actually alive back then, contrary to JC. The only time we saw was in SH's dream/flashback where HE run in the snow screaming HB name. My take is HE survived that day cause JC saved her, but for some reason she died later, probably the same day as JC execution, bc that's when SB was born. There were few plot holes but i think it's probable.

The speculation of the death row convict being SH father is unlikely. Cause she got her heart transplant 18yrs ago and sth happened to SH dad 3yrs ago? Either way, i don't really doubt SB feeling for SH. Her being intrigued by the other is true. It's not solely bc of her heart beating since the 1st time she see him. But also how he treats her, his words are harsh, he always looses temper when with her but underlying still protective and caring for her sake. As in last ep, she noticed that and questioned him about it. I think SH himself hasn't realized it yet of how he feels protective over SB and what to make of it. Like he said afterwards, this is just crazy lol

Like some others said, i think sth happened to SH dad 3yrs ago that contributed to his behaviors now. Tbh, i found him little unreasonable when he questioned JB. Like he already confirmed his assumption that JB must be the killer. I get some prosecutor works that way, plus JB had a criminal past, but it seems little too much. So i'm intrigued by what happened that makes him like that. hm

Btw, little funny how people expect SH reacts to the kiss lol he's Soohyuk, the ruthless one, the true tsundere, with his character if it was someone else you'll see a very different reaction ^^, For me, past life with HE or the present with SB, her feeling is easy to tell. HE felt for HB at first sight and they were together for 4 years and she vowed to love HB only. If she had any feeling more than sympathy towards JC, it'd have shown.. At the present, even though SB and SH seemingly have all different pov but she still could see through it, how he still cares and not actually just heartless as he shows. Towards JB, it's more like she sympathizes with him, the rumor surrounding him, how his little brother treats him, the more people label him the more she wants to help him. That's how i feel rn. Next ep sure is confusing, well when this drama is not loll, but still looking forwards! ohmy long post.

7 hours ago, Ima04 said:

For SH getting kissed by SB, i agree that he is kind of stoic, probably that was his char. I still don't recall how was HB expression in the past life to compare with. So i just assume that it was his char, not becouse the actor that played it since i often saw him played emotionless char in the other project

HB was very caring and sweet to HE ^^ nothing like SH lol yea he was serious in his job too but not like SH who would fabricate evidence and such ^^, Personally i hope we'll get to know what happened with his father back then, the incident clearly made an impact in his pov about criminals overall.

@galaxy97

@Oksana Sutra

I dont know if Kim Seo Yoon is related to SH....thats like saying all people with the last name "Kim" or "Park" or whatever are related. Furthermore, if he indeed is his father then wouldn't that chart show a relation between SH and Kim Seo Yoon? But who knows this show is filled with all kinds of confusion and plot holes currently (ex. JC coming back to death after hanging and shooting himself in the head?) 

2 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@galaxy97

@Oksana Sutra

I dont know if Kim Seo Yoon is related to SH....thats like saying all people with the last name "Kim" or "Park" or whatever are related. Furthermore, if he indeed is his father then wouldn't that chart show a relation between SH and Kim Seo Yoon? But who knows this show is filled with all kinds of confusion and plot holes currently (ex. JC coming back to death after hanging and shooting himself in the head?) 

No they woudnt show this connect in chart because its one of drama secrets!!

Hi all, am new to this thread ~ and this is my first comment! Hope i am at the right place for some discussions :)

Have been following the drama so far and i am equally confused as everyone for where the plot is headed too. I think this looks like a work of a new writer? Definitely seems ambitious in the plot. There are some points mentioned or inferred that seems like foreshadowing, just sharing some 2 cents hope you guys dont mind ^^

1. Who was alive back in the first life? First, the writer is definitely throwing alot of suggestions up in the air to the identity of JB. Does he share the same bloodline as JC, we don't know (from the sperm donor thing)? And note his age is 23, whereas SB & SH seems more of like the same age? And base on their reincarnation timeline, SB is 32. This kinda means probably JC survived back then??  Not sure how he can survive the gunshot, but may it fulfils the fantasy/ reincarnation theme for this drama lol. Probably he was resurrected or something. Second, according to some parts of the drama, seems like HE didn't die previously?? But it is also confusing as hell since in Ep 6, the bookstore owner mentioned HE died 30+ years ago LOL. So i am not sure what the writer is trying to paint here?? Since, there wasn't any mention of HE's body yet. Who knows, maybe HE is SB mother?? Last, i think theres no doubt the mummy found was HB's? But okay probably some unsolved mystery on why his face was damaged or soemthing? Hopefully it gets revealed soon? Maybe by the inspector who used to be HB's sidekick knows? 

2. The reincarnation? Honestly i am clueless where the writer is leading us with all the foreshadowing and stuff. Like because we are unsure whom reincarnated as who (although i think every one remain status quo, aka no soul swap). And their occupations/character kind of overlap with their first life. HE being equally kind hearted, plus believe in faith of humanity and repenting kind of. I think we get the same vibe from SB? For JB, i think he is equally creepy as JC though? However, i am unsure if he really murdered someone? It hasn't been made clear yet but he is definitely creepy. I think the medical student kind of overlap with him reading medical books when JC wanted to save HE in the first life... as for SH i think the detective vibes kind of run in him which is why he is a prosecutor now? His sensitive character probably has something to do with his family background idk which hasn't been addressed so far?

3. Loveline?? No doubt in the first life we had HE + HB being the main couple and that HE feelings towards JC was just pitying him. But then there are so many underlying factors mentioned by the writer so far. Like in ep 6, SH mother mentioned something along the lines of lovers in past life will past each other this life, while ill fated destinies will meet. Honestly, disturbed by this comment LOL i mean it seems to be a foreshadow for the current loveline direction?

Nevertheless, it does seem SB & SH are attracted to each other? Ep 6, SB mentioned her heart pounds when she sees SH. I am unsure if it is because of them being lovers in their past life because of the heart transplant point. So its hard to say if her feelings are from her or from the heart donor. I did read some saying the pounding is from a death row convict seemingly being SH's father. So here i think the writer threw in another confusing point (not sure if it is intentional). Previously we have that prisoner telling SH that he have criminal blood in him? So it kind of wanting to make viewers think SH is actually JC/ his dad is an ex-convict/murderer. However, i am still reserved about this because SH mentioned in Ep 6 he didn't want his people to get hurt from criminals anymore, he seemed angry? Probably lost his dad to a murder?? Or maybe he just hates his dad because he was a criminal? Honestly, we don't know at this point. However, i am leaning to the latter... i mean okay , SH has this fiancee SA who comes from a prestigious family. Most drama engagement kind of relationships expect the families to be of equal status or at least criminal free? So if SH's dad was a murderer, hmm why does SA's mum (the girl who helped JC in the first life) still allow her daughter to be engaged to SH? Idk but of course it is possible, i mean SA's mum seems creepy too and i am guessing she is the person sending those messges to JB in the name of JC. So the fiancee SA is also another character that complicates thing. I mean, i don't think SH likes her, but he doesn't hate her either. He didn't make it clear to SB too that he has a finacee too though. But SA doesn't seem like an easy character too. So i am not sure how the author is going tie all these ends???

As for JB - SB pair. So far i am still seeing it more like a mentor-mentee relationship + out of sympathy from SB's end. SO first they have a 10 year age gap + they are a teacher-student kind of relationship. It's hard to picture them being a couple. I am not saying it is impossible but then there are alot of explanations needed for this pair to materialize? Like i mean if they regain their memories, doesn't it mean JB=JC killed SB=HE's lover in the past life? I mean although it is a new life, should put away the past, it still seems kind of disturbing.

So for the loveline, i am still rooting more for SB-SH. Honestly, there are alot of plot holes for these 2 couples. Hopefully some of you can enlighten on this? I am just keeping in mind this is a fantasy + melo + healing kind of drama... not sure where the melo is directed at? SB liking JB aka ex-life lover killer or idk ? Hopefully it gets clearer in next week's episode...

Sorry this was a very long first post because i am confused and also because i am bored with being cooped at home due to the COVID situtation... i can't wait for you guys to share with me your viewpoints? I am on the SB - SH line btw. Sucker for tsundere male characters HAHAH

15 hours ago, Swatkats said:

I have a feeling JB is innocent and KSH is son of JiChol's father. At later stage Sabin will love JB and live happily. My version of the show:P

I love this version and hope this is true

Archived