[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

Okay, I just finished eps. 1-4 and wow, I don't know what to think.... it was definitely hard to watch Ji Chul. He is such a pitiful one. If only someone is there to tell him what is right from wrong. 

The two men both love Ha Eun. Realistically, you would go for Hyungbin's love. He genuinely love Ha Eun but that also made him blind in confronting Ji Chul. He thought Ji Chul is also planning to kill Ha Eun, one thing Ji Chul didn't actually clear up. Both are at fault. Now, I wouldn't say Ji Chul's love is wrong. No. Everyone loves differently. Only the actions that comes out of that love is what I deem as wrong. 

All three's fate is intertwined, tangled... ill-fated... tragic. I really don't like the idea that their past lives have to necessarily affect their current lives. They are different people. I want the present lives to be their own. But since the title is "Born Again", I think it would actually go that route.

I feel like this is a foreshadowing.

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-1.gif 

I also wonder if this drama would be based on that book "Wuthering Heights". Will this be like the story of Heathcliff, Catherine and Edgar? I tried reading what that book is all about. Basically, Heathcliff and Catherine grow close and their love is the central theme on the first volume of the book. Edgar proposes to Catherine and she accepted, although her love for Edgar is not comparable to her love for Heathcliff, whom she cannot marry because of his low status and lack of education. Edgar and Catherine married and Heathcliff seek revenge against the man she chose. And Ha Eun's words... "We're not meant to be married. We're lovers. Lovers who miss each other even as they look at each other. Lovers who can feel each other no matter where they are. A lover who will stay together even after death." Sounds a bit similar to the theme of the book.

Idk if anyone here have read this book and could probably enlighten us of what it's all really about. 

I guess at this point, this would be a guessing game of who ends up with who or if anyone ends up with anyone at all. I thought I could just sit and watch this as it unfolds but guess I have to put my thinking hat for this one... LOL...

P.S. I really like this commenter named JayJay in Asianwiki, how he/she described Ji Chul's love for Ha Eun.

I wasn’t saying Hyung Bin is the real stalker, He’d been busy catching bad guys that’s why he wasn’t with her when she had a heart attack. I was trying to say that both Hyung Bin and Ji Cheol loved HaEun to death , be obsessed with her and wanted to be by her side all the time. Ji Cheol’s only fault is he was so alone, he’d thought he was a monster all along until he met HaEun, “She was the one that looked me straight in the eye, she was the only one that remembered my full name when no one else did”, JiCheol said to the priest. While everyone was reading Holy Bible in jail, JiCheol wrote HaEun’s words of wisdom on the jail wall. She was his true God. She was the only reason he could survive that long. So I ask you, if you got one and only one belief, one greatest God, would you kill for it??

• 0ly40 changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Born Again - 본 어게인 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/25/2020 at 6:17 PM, lightbringer06 said:

All three's fate is intertwined, tangled... ill-fated... tragic. I really don't like the idea that their past lives have to necessarily affect their current lives. They are different people. I want the present lives to be their own. But since the title is "Born Again", I think it would actually go that route.

Agree with this. Ideally, i would like if they don't remember (especially Jicheol's abusive past would be so devastating to remember:tears:)  an  It seems unfair that the characters should suffer because of what happened in a past life.  

I feel like this is a foreshadowing.

I also wonder if this drama would be based on that book "Wuthering Heights". Will this be like the story of Heathcliff, Catherine and Edgar? I tried reading what that book is all about. Basically, Heathcliff and Catherine grow close and their love is the central theme on the first volume of the book. Edgar proposes to Catherine and she accepted, although her love for Edgar is not comparable to her love for Heathcliff, whom she cannot marry because of his low status and lack of education. Edgar and Catherine married and Heathcliff seek revenge against the man she chose. And Ha Eun's words... "We're not meant to be married. We're lovers. Lovers who miss each other even as they look at each other. Lovers who can feel each other no matter where they are. A lover who will stay together even after death." Sounds a bit similar to the theme of the book.

Idk if anyone here have read this book and could probably enlighten us of what it's all really about. 

:oI didn't even think of that moment! It could be foreshadowing....

I read Wuthering Heights years ago but I don't remember it too well. I agree there are parallels to the story especially in JiCheol's character and the production team even said in an article I posted previously that JiCheol's appearance was supposed to remind us of Heathcliff.  However, Heathcliff and Catherine grew up together together and their love was mutual unlike JiCheol and Ha Eun.  I agree Ha Eun's words are similar to the bond between Heathcliff and Cathy but they are directed towards Hyung Bin and JiCheol is supposed to be the Heathcliff character.

P.S. I really like this commenter named JayJay in Asianwiki, how he/she described Ji Chul's love for Ha Eun.

Agree with you that this is really well-expressed post about JiCheol's mindset.  Ha Eun is like a deity to JiCheol. Those few moments in the church changed his whole life and gave him a purpose and hope. He worships her and for four years she was be-all and end-all. No wonder he was so devastated when she called him a beast after their meeting in the jail

From KBS Drama IG

Just saw the episode 5-6 without subtitles, Jinseyeon and JangKiYong's scenes are so fresh and live. I love their scenes together. I can see love in both their eyes:love:. Chun Jong Bum blushes in their scenes together:P What is Jung Sa Bin and Chun Jong Bum ship name:P 

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

preview ep 7-8

Credits lyrics: popgasa!

Kim Yong Jin - A Flowers That Didn’t Bloom

You left so long ago, why aren’t you returning?
You, who left behind a single leaf
Tears drench the branches
As the sound of the wind remains

One single leaf
On that thin branch
Even the moonlight is hidden by the clouds
Only adding onto the loneliness

The single leaf
Is it going to fall off from the birds chirping all night?
Even if you’re faraway, I hope it’ll blossom
The flower that hasn’t blossomed yet

You left so long ago, why aren’t you returning?
Did you stop along the way?
Rain drenches the pretty flower petals
With the long and cold wind

The crying leaf
On that thin branch
It’s trembling sadly
To make that flower blossom alone

Even the birds are tired of crying
After they have left
I’m still there where you left me
Hoping that the flower will blossom

I have so many questions that  I'm not shipping any couple for now.

And I'm really trying to enjoy the mystery.

And I think is a long way to Sa Bin discovers who She really loves.

For now, Sa Bin, KSH and CJB only shows the curiosity feeling, not really the love feelings like the past-selves.

They didn't really answer who is who, both males has Hyun Bin's memory, for me is still a mistery, so confused.

The corpse is really Hyun Bin, right?

Who did burry him? And with Ha Eun's' favorite book. And the other two, Ha Eun and Ji Chun bodies?

On 4/24/2020 at 3:53 PM, aznchic209 said:

I might be the only one but I feel sorry for JC and want him to have his happy ending.. he didn’t choose to be the son of a serial killer let alone be a KILLER himself. We saw his struggles... he didn’t have the intentions to kill, like he told his father, his father killed because he wanted to. We can all agree that that evil lady kind of deserved it, she was so dang awful.. had no remorse or regrets over what she did, even laughed. If I was JC, I probably would have smacked her too. Anyways, obviously we see that the 3 leads have been reborn and are living somewhat opposite lives from their past lives. I hope JC and HB didn’t switch souls.. but I also don’t want their present selves to have to suffer knowing what their past selves did and face the consequences of their past actions. Nobody deserved that tragedy... HE loved HB in her past life.. but I want her to love JC in this lifetime. After all, they all now have a clean plate... they should not be tied down to what they did in the past, especially JC.

Oh no you're not the only one who feels sorry for him. He didn't deserved to be abused and should have gotten to live a better life. HE was the first person to make him feel better about himself. But that doesn't excuse him from stalking her and killing somebody. Yes the step mom did kinda deserve it but what gives him the right to do that (I've mentioned this in a previous post)? And HB and HE didn't deserve to die either because he is technically responsible for their deaths. He could have left her alone but he still went after her. It's also understandable why HB thought he was the murderer. The victims umbrellas, even HE's were in his house. He's been following HE around. He was caught at the scene of the crime of the step mom. He was only half right. JC did commit murder but he didn't kill all those other women. Now let's say he had been successful, the heart she would have would belong to someone who was murdered and that same person murdered her own step-child. That would have been so creepy and it still gives me chills just thinking about it. She even told him how creepy that would have been and also told him he should have thought about how that person would feel.

But in present day, we don't know what's going to happen. But there have been vibes that history will repeat itself.

I'm curious about the corpse. The stab wounds and esp the ring point to Hyungbin but the book? who made the 'funeral' for the corpse? why hiding its identity? Did anyone of them survive back then? in one flashback, it showed Haeun running calling for Hyungbin, was it just an imagination? I'm so confused. At some points i feel the swapping souls appeal strongly, like when present (p) Jicheol (sorry can't remember their present character name yet) reacted those moments with p Haeun, or when p Hyungbin's eye hurts. But then p Hyungbin also had that flashback of Haeun calling out his name? And so far, they really changed p HB, but i like it, how he said he'd play along with that criminal who apparently had a history w him, very satisfying in my eyes when he didn't back down. p Jicheol is still such a complex character, and man that family is f* up. I thought for one sec his mom was normal but then she creeps me out later when she refused to let him move out.. If he's really Jicheol, damn why he's still reborn in such family :( that bg foresee nothing good. For now I don't think he's in love with p Haeun, actually i don't feel any loveline at the present. He's troubled by how his pulse went out of control when he's w her, his drawing skill and those flashbacks and trying to figure it out. p Haeun is more attracted to the corpse to me (lol) They have more interactions and from next ep preview they'll have even more but idk i don't feel anything much yet maybe that's just me. While p Haeun and p Hyungbin only had one eye exchange after he 'saved' her , i found that moment quite intense.. plus the ending scene and what she said that when the time comes, that person will find her and she'll find him. like their moment is yet to come. So far p HB and p HE share bare minimum and not so good impression of each other and that missed opportunity to talk properly so i'll wait patiently for that moment to come. oh well maybe just heartbreak is gonna wait for me but yep. omg what's with these rambling ^^,

edit: i'm in love w the ost and instrumental also, full of melancholy :'(

24 minutes ago, RanP said:

Haeun is more attracted to the corpse to me (lol)

Totally agree HAHAHAHAHAH

The corpse was found with brain smashed.

Maybe the eye pain is because someone smashed Hyun Bin’s brain, It is in the same side. That’s one of my theory. Who did this?

Maybe Ji Cheol dad? What you think guys?

7 hours ago, jeilopes said:

The corpse was found with brain smashed.

Maybe the eye pain is because someone smashed Hyun Bin’s brain, It is in the same side. That’s one of my theory. Who did this?

Maybe Ji Cheol dad? What you think guys?

oh i forgot about that. It looked like it was deliberate? again why? I'm still not sure if Jicheol dad was 'real' and not just his own hallucination.. All 3 of them seemed dead to me at the end of ep2 so this is real mystery ah. But now i have little hope that what p Hyungbin has is just headache from the hit impact. Btw, i didn't mention but damn the mummy turned into skeleton after just a day! i know this drama is about reincarnations and whatnot still damn that was unrealistic xD For now i'll believe the corpse is Hyungbin and that it's Father who spoke w Jicheol that did it, in order to cover up for Jicheol. I know it makes no sense but that's the only thing i can come up atm ^^,

I haven't finished ep 2 but I intend to watch this drama. While Jin Se Yeon fits sageuk better, I still find her acting lacking, but that's all right. What I cannot fully take is her voice, which is too soft and breath-y. It works in some saguek roles, but it is not suited for modern stories. Likewise, her voice cannot project the right tone for the different emotions. I think she should learn voice projection exercises and take voice lessons to strengthen her voice.

Just finished watching Ep 5 & 6.  Cant wait to watch Ep 7 & 8 tonight.   Its getting to be filled with suspense and mystery.   The 3 characters are intertwined again.. the scars on JSY's chest, JKY chest pain & LSH headache. Touched by JSY pain and tears in the eyss when she touched the mummy and promise to find out cause of death.  Unfortunately the mummy disintegrated (guess the spirit is finally free). overnight.  Mystery of JKY committing murder, and the cynical look on his younger brother smile.  All these add to the mystery of this drama.  Hope the writer can dived deep and keep the audience guessing.  The 3 leading characters as usual play their part very well.   Hopefully can watch some BTS..

BTW, I LOVE THE OST..

I watched the episode without subtitles and all I can say I’m confused :sweatingbullets:

Apparently, the yellow umbrella crime back to happen, and Jong Beum are really suspect, but who knows? For now, I don’t think that He is the murder.

After They had an argument, Sa Bin and Soo Hyuk were involved in a car accident. Soo Hyuk was hurt in this accident.

Soo Hyuk felt pain in his heart, Jong Beum still has some Hyun Bin’s memories and Sa Bin remember how Ha Eun and Hyun Bin met each other for the first time after the car accident.

I will wait the subtitles to come back here with theories ;)

Okay, I don't think this is a soul swap. SH is getting HB memories. That flashback of when HB first met HE, JB also remembered it. Now that was kinda confusing because it was like he was standing right in front of him, so I'm assuming that JC may have been behind HE and was watching the two.

Archived