[Drama 2020] Born Again, 본 어게인

0ly40

super confused as to who the male lead is but intrigued HAHA 

I really liked her in Grand prince and both actors are great as well. Looking forward to this! Thank god April is launching so many dramas especially now that I'm in lockdown

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New poster released:

Jang Ki Yong + Jin Se Yeon’s Fates Intertwine Across Multiple Lifetimes In New Reincarnation Drama “Born Again”

Apr 3, 2020
by E. Cha

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Born Again” has unveiled its very first poster!

Described as a “mystery melodrama about reincarnation,” “Born Again” will tell the story of three people and their intertwined fates, which remain interconnected even as they lead new lives after being reincarnated. Jang Ki Yong, Jin Se Yeon, and Lee Soo Hyuk will each be taking on two different roles in the drama.

On April 3, the upcoming drama revealed a stunning poster that highlights the interwoven destinies of its two leads. In the new poster, Jin Se Yeon—who will be playing both the pure-hearted 1980s bookstore owner Jung Ha Eun and her modern-day reincarnation, archaeologist Jung Sa Bin—gazes wistfully at something off-camera.

Meanwhile, a faint image of Jang Ki Yong—who will play both lone wolf Gong Ji Cheol from the 1980s and present-day medical student Cheon Jong Beom—overlaps with Jin Se Yeon, as if he is part of her shadow or inner self.

The poster’s caption asks the intriguing question: “Is there such a thing as people who are destined to meet no matter what?”

Born-Again.jpg

“Born Again” premieres on April 20 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with English subtitles on Viki.

In the meantime, check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1392070wpp/jang-ki-yong-jin-se-yeons-fates-intertwine-across-multiple-lifetimes-in-new-reincarnation-drama-born-again

I don't love this poster tbh.  It's OK but I think the other images they have released to promote the drama are much more eye-catching. Luckily, it isn't the main poster!

On 4/4/2020 at 9:44 PM, sasha1818 said:

super confused as to who the male lead is but intrigued HAHA 

I really liked her in Grand prince and both actors are great as well. Looking forward to this! Thank god April is launching so many dramas especially now that I'm in lockdown

Great to hear you loved JSY in Grand Prince!  Her acting has improved even more since that drama. Yes, it is great to have dramas to keep our minds occupied during everything that is going on in  the world right now.

On 4/6/2020 at 10:34 AM, rocher22 said:

JSY looks so beautiful in the poster.

But, I agree this poster is not somehow compelling.

Yes. The only thing I like about it is how beautiful JSY looks but besides that the poster is not compelling. It's such a generic design and makes it look like the drama is about who knows what. The other images they have released for the drama were gorgeous so I have higher hopes for the main poster.

New pictures of Jin Se Yeon as the two characters: Jung Ha Eun (1990s) and Jung Sa Bin (2020).  She looks so beautiful!:wub:

Jin Se Yeon Talks About Portraying 2 Characters In “Born Again” + Describes How They’re Similar And Different

Jin Se Yeon upped the anticipation for “Born Again”!

This upcoming KBS 2TV mystery melodrama is centered around the intertwined fates of a detective, the detective’s lover, and a serial killer who loved the detective’s lover. Their lives ended 32 years ago, but their fates have become entangled once again after being reincarnated into new lives. Jang Ki Yong, Jin Se Yeon, and Lee Soo Hyuk will each play two different characters across two separate lives.

On April 6, the actress spoke about the decision behind her appearance and shared thoughts about her characters.

“When I first read the script, I could really imagine the location of the drama’s background, and each character felt alive,” she began. “I was also really drawn to the charming concept of the connected souls.”

In the drama, Jin Se Yeon portrays two characters: Jung Ha Eun, the owner of a used bookstore who suffers from dilated cardiomyopathy, and Jung Sa Bin, an archaeologist who tries to uncover the stories behind dug-up remains. The actress explained, “Their appearances and personalities are really different. Ha Eun is girly, has a calm personality, and always wears skirts, whereas Sa Bin is more vibrant, a bit quirky, and wears comfortable pants.”

She continued, “But both of them have the same thoughts on a person’s soul. They’re similar in how they don’t have prejudice towards others and treat people the same way.”

Jin Se Yeon’s two characters will meet Jang Ki Yong’s and Lee Soo Hyuk’s two characters across different lifetimes to create a mystery melodrama.

“I think that ‘Born Again’ is of a unique genre,” she said. “It’s a story about how souls and reincarnation connect the past and present, so it’s a new kind of project. You’ll be able to watch with suspense how three people from the past and three people in the present meet and connect. Please look forward to it.”

“Born Again” premieres on April 20 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with English subtitles on Viki. In the meantime, check out the latest teaser here!

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1392772wpp/jin-se-yeon-talks-about-portraying-2-characters-in-born-again-describes-how-theyre-similar-and-different

New Teaser number 3.  It looks so exciting and interesting!:lol:  i hope we can get an English translation soon:

New pictures of Lee Soo Hyuk as Cha Hyung Bin (1990s) and Kim Soo Hyuk (2020):

I haven't really watched him anything else but I'm really looking froward to his dual roles in this drama.  Cha Hyung Bin seems so sweet and Kim Soo Hyuk can sure wear a suit very well:flushed:

New pictures of Jin Se Yeon looking very cool:glasses: as Jung Sa Bin (her character in modern times)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1393059wpp/jin-se-yeon-transforms-into-a-studious-archaeologist-for-upcoming-drama-born-again

Jin Se Yeon Transforms Into A Studious Archaeologist For Upcoming Drama “Born Again”

Jin Se Yeon Transforms Into A Studious Archaeologist For Upcoming Drama “Born Again”

Upcoming KBS 2TV drama “Born Again” has released new stills of Jin Se Yeon as her new character Jung Sa Bin.

This mystery melodrama is centered on the intertwined fates of a detective, the detective’s lover, and a serial killer who loved the detective’s lover. Their lives ended 32 years ago, but their fates have become entangled once again after being reincarnated into new lives. Jang Ki Yong, Jin Se Yeon, and Lee Soo Hyuk will each play two different characters across two separate lives.

In the drama, Jin Se Yeon portrays two characters: Jung Ha Eun, the owner of a used bookstore who suffers from dilated cardiomyopathy, and Jung Sa Bin, an archaeologist who tries to uncover the stories behind dug-up remains.

The new stills show Jin Se Yeon as Jung Sa Bin in the present. Jung Sa Bin works as a bone archaeology instructor at a university and also performs autopsy on bones for the National Forensic Service. While Jung Ha Eun was more innocent and gentle, Jung Sa Bin shows a more assertive charisma. Jung Sa Bin’s hair is tightly tied up to keep it out of her face, and her sharp gaze is focused on a monitor. She frowns as if she spotted an unexpected result, and she leans towards the screen for a closer look.

jin-se-yeon-3.jpgjin-se-yeon-1.jpg

In college, Jung Sa Bin practically lived on excavation sites, which earned her the nickname of “skeleton lover.” She is a character who is only satisfied when she restores the stories and secrets of unnamed skeletons. Viewers are looking forward to finding out what she is trying to figure out and what kind of key it will play in connecting the mysterious events of the past and the present.

The production crew said, “Jin Se Yeon actually visited the National Forensic Service to get immersed into her role. Thanks to her careful efforts not to miss even a small detail, we are filming better scenes.”

“Born Again” premieres on April 20 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

Source (1)

New stills  and info about the male leads modern charcters: Jang Ki Yong as Cheon Jong Beom and Lee Soo Hyuk as Kim Soo Hyuk 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1393216wpp/lee-soo-hyuk-will-go-to-any-lengths-to-catch-criminals-in-new-reincarnation-drama-born-again

Lee Soo Hyuk Will Go To Any Lengths To Catch Criminals In New Reincarnation Drama “Born Again”

Apr 9, 2020
by E. Cha

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “Born Again” has unveiled a new sneak peek of Lee Soo Hyuk in character!

Described as a “mystery melodrama about reincarnation,” “Born Again” will tell the story of three people and their intertwined fates, which remain interconnected even as they lead new lives after being reincarnated. Jang Ki Yong, Jin Se Yeon, and Lee Soo Hyuk will each be taking on two different roles in the drama.

Lee Soo Hyuk’s first character will be the pure-hearted detective Cha Hyung Bin from the 1980s, while his second will be Cha Hyung Bin’s modern-day reincarnation—the cool-headed prosecutor Kim Soo Hyuk.

Although both characters have devoted their lives to fighting crime, their personalities could not be more different: Cha Hyung Bin is a romantic who has eyes for only one woman, while Kim Soo Hyuk is a cold, ruthless lawyer who doesn’t believe in the kindness of humanity. Convinced that crime is built into a perpetrator’s DNA, Kim Soo Hyuk believes that criminals cannot be rehabilitated and will resort to any means necessary to lock them up in prison for the rest of their lives.

In the newly released stills from the drama, Kim Soo Hyuk has a secretive meeting with a faceless individual in the parking lot of a building. After speaking to someone on the phone, Kim Soo Hyuk furtively exchanges something with a mysterious man in a motorcycle helmet, piquing viewers’ curiosity as to what the unforgiving prosecutor is up to.

Spoiler

Lee-Soo-Hyuk-2.jpg

“Born Again” premieres on April 20 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with English subtitles on Viki.

In the meantime, check out the latest teaser for the drama here!

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1392978wpp/jang-ki-yong-is-a-med-student-plagued-by-rumors-of-cruelty-in-born-again

Jang Ki Yong Is A Med Student Plagued By Rumors Of Cruelty In “Born Again”

Apr 8, 2020
by R. Jun

Upcoming KBS drama “Born Again” has revealed new stills of Jang Ki Yong.

The mystery melodrama is about the intertwined fates of a detective, the detective’s lover, and a serial killer who loved the detective’s lover. Their lives ended 32 years ago, but their fates become entangled once again after they are reincarnated. Jang Ki Yong, Jin Se Yeon, and Lee Soo Hyuk will each play two different characters across two separate lives.

Jang Ki Yong plays the character Cheon Jong Beom, a med school student and the son of the Cheon Seok Tae, who is set to be appointed as the Attorney General. Despite how he sounds on paper, Cheon Jong Beom is plagued by rumors of cruelty and is shrouded in mystery.

Spoiler

jang-ki-yong-born-again-0.jpg

In the new stills, Cheon Jong Beom flashes a mysterious smirk. He sits at the very back of a lecture hall, raising his hand to ask a question when something piques his interest.

Spoiler

jang-ki-yong-born-again-1.jpg

Jang Ki Yong will also be playing the character Gong Ji Cheol, from the 1980s.

“Born Again” premieres April 20.

Source (1)

New pictures of the characters in the 80s.  Ha Eun and Hyung Bin look so warm and lovey-dovey  but I do feel so sorry for JiCheol.  The character description calls him a lone wolf.  He's literally on the outside looking in:tears:  I wonder the significance of the yellow umbrella?  It was also featured on the teaser poster.

Jang Ki Yong Watches As Jin Se Yeon And Lee Soo Hyuk Share A Sweet Moment In “Born Again”

Apr 11, 2020
by J. Lim

KBS 2TV’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Born Again” has shared new stills that give a glimpse into the main characters’ lives in the 1980s.

“Born Again” will tell the story of three people whose lives are intertwined across two separate time periods through reincarnation. Jang Ki Yong, Jin Se Yeon, and Lee Soo Hyuk will all take on two different characters.The new stills show Jung Ha Eun (Jin Se Yeon) spending time with detective Cha Hyung Bin (Lee Soo Hyuk) in the 1980s while Gong Ji Cheol (Jang Ki Yong) looks on.

Spoiler

Jin-Se-Yeon-Lee-Soo-Hyuk.jpgJang-Ki-Yong_1.jpg

There is an air of warmth and love emanating between Jung Ha Eun and Cha Hyung Bin inside the secondhand bookstore they’re in, and Gong Ji Cheol looks lonelier than ever as he clutches a yellow umbrella in his hands. What’s interesting is that Jung Ha Eun can be seen using the same yellow umbrella with Cha Hyung Bin, eliciting curiosity to how the umbrella connects them all as it has appeared in past teasers for the drama.

Spoiler

Jang-Ki-Yong-0.jpgJin-Se-Yeon1.jpgLee-Soo-Hyuk-Jin-Se-Yeon.jpg

“Born Again” is set to premiere on April 20 at 10 p.m. KST, and will be available on Viki with English subtitles.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1393710wpp/jang-ki-yong-watches-as-jin-se-yeon-and-lee-soo-hyuk-share-a-sweet-moment-in-born-again

Jang Ki Yong Is Shaken To His Core By Jin Se Yeon’s Kindness In “Born Again”

KBS 2TV’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Born Again” has shared new stills showing Jang Ki Yong and Jin Se Yeon sharing a sweet moment!

“Born Again” will tell the story of three people whose lives intertwine across two lifetimes through reincarnation. Jang Ki Yong, Jin Se Yeon, and Lee Soo Hyuk will all play two different characters in the 1980s, and then 30 years later in the present day.

The drama has released new stills of Gong Ji Cheol (Jang Ki Yong) and Jung Ha Eun (Jin Se Yeon) meeting in the 1980s. Jung Ha Eun, who is suffering from dilated cardiomyopathy, runs a secondhand bookstore called “Old Future” and travels the world through her books. She is also a night school teacher at a nearby Catholic church, reading to workers and students to comfort their hearts.

It is there that she meets Gong Ji Cheol, who is teetering on the edge of life as he works at a construction site. To him, the moment they meet feels like he’s being pulled out from the darkness, and she leaves a lasting impression on him. What draws her to Gong Ji Cheol specifically, and how things unfold from their meeting will be revealed once “Born Again” begins.

“Born Again” will premiere on April 20 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki with English subtitles.

12 hours ago, Wind0406 said:

Jang Ki Yong Is Shaken To His Core By Jin Se Yeon’s Kindness In “Born Again”

Thanks for posting the Soompi article.  Looks like their relationship is going to be heartbreaking:heartbreak:

Here are the pictures referred to in the article form KBS Drama Instagram:

Lighthoney1610 on IG translated the released quotes from the characters.  All very intriguing:

“누굴 간절히 사랑하면 영혼은 다시 태어난대. 다음 생에도 그 다음 생에도. 영원히.” - 정하은
“If you love someone sincerely, your soul will born again. In the next life and the next life. Forever.” - Jeong Haeun
“우리가 다른 시간을 살아도 이렇게 유골을 마주보면... 교감할 수 있어.” - 정사빈
“Even if we live in another time, if we look at the remains like this... we can communicate.” - Jeong Sabin

나에게 사랑은 살인적이었다...” - 공지철
“To me, love was murderous...” - Gong Jicheol
“지금부터 난 사람들 지키는 형사 아냐. 나는 너만 지켜.” - 차형빈
“From now on, i am not a detective who protect people. I am only protecting you.” - Cha Hyungbin
“처음으로 다른 사람의 아픔을 느꼈다. 그리고... 감정이 생겼다.” - 천정범
“For the first time, i felt someone else’s pain. Also... i had feelings.” - Cheon Jongbeom
“죄를 미워하되 죄인을 특별히 더 미워하라” - 김수혁
“I hate sins but i hate sinner/convict specially more” - Kim Soohyuk

Spoiler

The new main poster for the drama was released last week

https://www.soompi.com/article/1393479wpp/jang-ki-yong-jin-se-yeon-and-lee-soo-hyuk-are-connected-by-a-thread-of-fate-in-born-again-poster

born-again1.jpg

wow... love this latest poster.  The black contrast shows the mystery of the 3 characters.  Can wait to find out the mystery next week.   Love Jin Se Yeon lastest role.  This is the 3rd time she is acting multiple roles - Dr Stranger, 

Selection Queen Love and War, and now Born Again. Definitely voting for her in the latest collaboration with the 2 male leads.

2 hours ago, sasha1818 said:

I really like the latest poster. It looks very sleek and mysterious HAHA

Can't wait for this one! I need something to distract me during the lockdown lol

Ahh can't wait to watch The King and Born Again quickly.

7 minutes ago, Wind0406 said:

Ahh can't wait to watch The King and Born Again quickly.

Same!! I need my drama fix after all my turkish series are halted due to coronavirus. Although sad, it's for the best that they take care because the problem is very serious

Less than a week to go!  Thanks very much @pandavin and @0ly40 for the pictures. The new poster is very good-looking.  The new poster says"When I'm born again, I will love you again" (credit for translation lighthoney1610 IG)

Translation of character descriptions and detailed plot synopsis. The characters will go through a lot of pain in both lifetimes!:tears:  There is a very sinister meaning behind the innocent-looking yellow umbrella in the teasers :fearful:

Credit: lighthoney1610 IG for the translation

KBS Drama IG said a preview of Episodes 1 and 2 will be released on Thursday at 10:00 AM KST:relaxed:

New pictures of our tragic trio in the 1980s

(credit lighthoney1610 IG)

Soompi translated the character relationship chart.  It's very complex!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1394511wpp/born-again-reveals-tangled-web-of-relationships-connecting-jang-ki-yong-lee-soo-hyuk-and-jin-se-yeon

“Born Again” Reveals Tangled Web Of Relationships Connecting Jang Ki Yong, Lee Soo Hyuk, And Jin Se Yeon

Apr 16, 2020
by C. Hong

KBS’s upcoming drama “Born Again” revealed a relationship chart of its characters!

“Born Again” is a mystery melodrama about the intertwined fates of a detective, the detective’s lover, and a serial killer, who remain connected after their reincarnation. Jang Ki Yong, Jin Se Yeon, and Lee Soo Hyuk play two different characters across two different lifetimes, starting with the incident that bound them together in the 1980s and ending with their reunion in the present-day.

born-again2.jpg

In the 1980s, Jin Se Yeon plays Jung Ha Eun, the owner of a used bookstore. She is engaged to Cha Hyung Bin (Lee Soo Hyuk), a detective, but develops sympathy for Gong Ji Chul, a “lone wolf” who falls in love with her. Gong Ji Chul and Cha Hyung Bin are enemies, while Gong Ji Chul’s father, Gong In Woo (Jung In Kyum), is described as a painter on a downward path.

In 2020, Jin Se Yeon plays Jung Sa Bin, an archaeology professor who works for the National Forensic Service. Lee Soo Hyuk plays Kim Soo Hyuk, a prosecutor who works for an investigative team in charge of excavating remains, and Jang Ki Yong plays Cheon Jong Beom, a medical student at Seo Yeon University. Lee Soo Hyuk and Jang Ki Yong’s relationship remains “enemies” in the present-day, but their relationships with Jin Se Yeon are now up in the air.

Unlike in the 1980s, the 2020 characters are surrounded by a vast array of family, friends, and colleagues. Some of these characters are connected to both the 1980s characters and the 2020 characters.

Kim Soo Hyuk is engaged to Baek Sang Ah (Lee Seo El), the daughter of Baek In Seok and Jang Hye Mi. Jang Hye Mi (Kim Jung Nan) is described as the youngest lawyer ever to get her degree and the author of a bestselling book about crime. She has a connection to the 1980s case and is the former lover of Cheon Seok Tae, the prosecutor in charge of the Gong Ji Chul case.

Ironically, Cheon Seok Tae (Choi Kwang Il) is also the father of Cheon Jong Beom. Perhaps because of this twist of fate, Cheon Jong Beom and Cheon Seok Tae are also described as being enemies despite being father and son. Cheon Jong Beom has a mother named Heo Jin Kyung, who is a trustee at Seo Yeon University, and a younger brother named Cheon Jong Woo (Park Sang Hoo).

As part of the excavation team, Kim Soo Hyuk works with Joo In Do (Jang Won Young), a detective in the violent crimes department and, ironically, Cha Hyung Bin’s former boss. Namgoong Joo Hye (Kim Min Sun) rounds out the team as a cyber crimes detective.

Jung Sa Bin’s father is Jung Sung Eun, a prison guard who holds the key to the 1980s case. Other members of her family include Kim Yoo Hoon, the CEO of Body Heat, and Ri Hae Chul, the head chef of Body Heat. At the National Forensic Service, Jung Sa Bin works with medical examiner Yoo Seo Young and 3D graphic designer Jay (Cha Min Jee) to reconstruct archaeological remains.

Seemingly unrelated to anyone is Byun Sung Hoon, a serial killer suspect described as Kim Soo Hyuk’s enemy; Seo Tae Ha, the boss of “Kennedy”; and Jang Ma Chul, Seo Tae Ha’s right hand.

Spoiler

jin-se-yeon-lee-soo-hyuk-jang-ki-yong-bo

“Born Again” premieres on April 20 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

Source (1)

Archived