Quantcast

[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

We can only hope they won't delay episodes but in the end we can't do much about it other than continue supporting the drama! :D

Agree. The safety and health of the cast and crew is the top priority.Fighting everyone!:hooray: .

..............................................................................................................................................

Lee Joongi x Moon Chaewon’s ‘Flower of Evil’: Reason for gaining momentum?

0003787002_001_20200824104603930.jpg?typ

Nam Kiae, Son Jonghak, and Kim Jihoon are behind a powerful plotline of mystery in ‘Flower of Evil.’

With Episode 8 peaking at 5.3% among Seoul households, the highest rating of the series, tvN’s Wed/Thurs drama ‘Flower of Evil’ is gaining momentum by word of mouth.
Th drama has also seen a boost in buzz, as Lee Joongi and Moon Chaewon, whose stellar performances help create an outstanding ‘marriage suspense melodrama,’ ranked at #1 and #3 on the Most Buzzworthy TV Drama Actors chart for the 2nd week of August, 2020, released by Good Data Corporation.

Since becoming the prime suspect in the ‘Gagyeongri village head murder case’ 15 years ago, Do Hyunsoo had lived as a fugitive and got hit by the car Baek Heeseong was driving, losing consciousness. When he woke up, it was the driver, Heeseong, who was in a coma. Driven by the desire to maintain his reputation, Baek Manwoo treated his own son’s condition as an embarrassment, and suggested Do Hyunsoo swap identities with Heeseong.

Viewers are curious as to why Heeseong, who actually hit Do Hyunsoo with his car, fell into a coma, and what secrets Manwoo and Mija are hiding.

Kim Jihoon, who plays Baek Heeseong, made a powerful appearance as he slowly opens his eyes after his ventilator has been taken off. The ‘fake Baek Heeseong’ wants to live as Baek Heeseong, not as Do Hyunsoo, and the ‘real Baek Heeseong’ wakes up after 15 years. Guessing what will happen between these two Heeseong got viewers’ hearts pounding.

Flower of Evil airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 10:50 p.m.

Source: 1

• Like 9
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calling all BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS   @0ly40 @0313_v @40somethingahjumma @abovewaIIs @Admiral @africandramalover @agnesselvira @ainipang @aisling @alekaonu @Alice Wonderland @Ameera Ali @androssi 

- It's D-DAY       Calling all Pretty FLOWERS       EPISODE 01                  

If only the TIME didn't stopped... The kissing session will consume for 30 minutes.       The slow-burn sweet kisses  were so HOT and sexy.           

Posted Images

I don't think they will delay episodes. They had already shot around 11-12 episodes before the drama even started airing as far as I have heard. I'm sure they will release the episodes as planned. Moreover even if they delay it, it's better than any any of the actors or staff getting infected.

• Like 6

Thoughts on the recent episodes:

Oh dear, so much happened! I didn't expect the many different feelings those episodes were giving me. But we got to understand Baek Hee Sung and Cha Ji Won so much more. They're both trapped somewhat.

And none of the characters are either good or bad. They all have layers and reasons for what happened or for what they have been doing or are doing. It''s awesome really! :D

Do Hyun Soo and Do Hae Soo:

I enjoyed very much the reunion between Do Hyun Soo and his sister. I also liked the flashbacks we got. That she admitted she killed the village foreman because he was forcing exorcisms on Do Hyun Soo. I'm still unsure whether she is telling the truth that he attacked her. I will believe her because no matter what she killed him.

We also got an idea whatever Do Min Seok did to his son, Do Hae Soo knew about it. She told Do Hyun Soo he should just say "okay" whatever their father wants him to do. Which is honestly terrifying! And then of course we got the scene with the rabbit and how Do Min Seok told Hyun Soo that he can do whatever he likes with the rabbit and that he will watch. It made me shudder to be honest. I mean Do Hyun Soo could let the rabbit go, we don't know if the condition was "anything but letting the rabbit go" or not.

I see Do Hae Soo at the moment as the key to the truth or at least as one key to the many locks on the door to the truth. But also she understands her brother and  I liked how she told him that he already changed and that he should just tell how he feels in his own words. And it touched me that... he said he wants to live as Baek Hee Sung which implies he doesn't want to lose Ji Won or Eun Ha.

And I believe that Cha Ji Won didn't hear all what Do Hyun Soo said to his sister whether he loves her not. I think he loves her but he doesn't know how that feels to name it "love". He loves Cha Ji Won but he can only show it in his own way and tell her in his own way, not by saying "I love you". And I actually think that if you say "I love you" too much the meaning behind it can disappear. So maybe there is something good in it.

Baek Hee Sung and Cha Ji Won:

Speaking of Cha Ji Won and Baek Hee Sung (I hope you're not confused but I will switch back his current name when he is with Cha Ji Won :D), I think these two are really in a trap right now. They want the same but at the same time they don't. And they're tiptoeing around eachother because they're lying to eachother...

I LOVED when Cha Ji Won was eager to get the real Do Hyun Soo out of Baek Hee Sung but she doesn't even know who Do Hyun Soo is. And we don't know who the woman is on the tape and why/if he kept listening to that. It's what the soup restaurant owner told Cha Ji Won but I honestly don't trust him.

Because:

Why did the restaurant owner show up at the shrine? Who told him to meet Cha Ji Won there? She expected him at the workshop of Do Min Seok. Does the restaurant owner pretend he was called there? Or did someone tell him to go there? But then who could it be when Cha Ji Won didn't tell anyone about her own investigation?

I just want to throw that in there because I have a idea who the accomplice could be.

I think it was so smart of Cha Ji Won to have a track device installed in the new watch, she was eager to find out whether Baek Hee Sung was his father's accomplice or not and it led her to finding him with his sister and finding out he doesn love her. But as I said before I don't think this is the case. I think she didn't hear the whole conversation. It broke my heart that she had to ask her daughter to know at least someone is loving her. And it worries me that she is saying she will cut her ties with Baek Hee Sung in the end. What does that even mean? Divorce? What going to happen?

I'm unsure if I'm happy or a little bit angry she decided to burn the evidence though. I feel like it will get back to her. I think somehow Detective Im will find out about this. He is eager to find Do Hyun Soo. And he is not always finding the truth but he isn't a incapable detective. I have a bad feeling about all this. Also, there could've been evidence which is actually connected to the real accomplice.

But at the same time, I understand Ji Won as well. She met In Seo who is meeting a lot of issues (and holy heck the sub plot with the shady employer agency - Run, In Seo, Run!!) after bringing the truth about his father to the surface and his family is now just a broken mess. So Cha Ji Won decided to hide the truth and to eat the poison to keep her happy family and for Eun Ha to have a father. It's a decision. We don't have to agree or to like it but in the end we have to accept it.

Accomplice:

This is something that makes me question everything.

So everyone believes Do Min Seok was the serial killer who also had a accomplice. However, Do Min Seok committed suicide and we still don't know why. I don't think he suddenly felt regret, so why would he kill himself?

The possible accomplice was supposed to be Do Hyun Soo. Even back then when he was so young. But what if the father did have an accomplice as young as him? And if not what if the accomplice is someone Baek Hee Sung knows, like Cha Ji Won suspected?

The sound on the tape could be from the kitchen in a restaurant. Baek Hee Sung worked in the soup restaurant, so that's why the sound is familiar to him. To me it sounds like someone is either cutting something OR stirring something in pot, the laddle is hitting the pot constantly. That's my thought on that.

There is no clear evidence yet, everything is in shadows like Hae Soo's memories of that man at the funeral.

And then we have this whole mystery surrounding Park Kyung Choon's wife Jung Mi Sook. She packed a bag, so maybe she was leaving her husband? But what is with the kidnapping? Is Jang Young Hee telling the truth or is her memory jumbled? We know the longer it takes to ask witnesses the more the memory will be different, details will be different and so on. So I'm not trusting her completey. I don't think she is lying but I don't think her memory is completely correct.

Baek Man Woo and Gong Mi Ja:

I can't believe that this drama was able to turn my world and my thinking about these two upside down. Well at least about Gong Mi Ja.

I liked that Ji Won's mother dropped Eun Ha off at the pharmacy just like that. And I weirdly felt for Gong Mi Ja when she ripped the math book apart. Her son was apparently also good at math and maybe his father forced him to be good at it? Because she was worried that Eun Ha's parents would force her to do advanced calculations. It also broke my heart that she made Eun Ha pajeon, knowing her son loved pajeon as well and to be fed as well.

Meanwhile Baek Man Woo is just WOW. He is power- and control-hungry (with the secret phone he got some more aces up his sleeve). The confrontation between him and his wife just shows their lives must've been miserable for the past 15 years. We still have no idea what happened back then for the real Baek Hee Sung to end up the way he did. I find the theory interesting he might be gay. He definitely had a wild phase with his fashion and blonde hair as well. I think he was becoming a rebel because his life was probably very much controlled by his father and his expectations. I'm still curious about him saying to the person he was calling when the accident happend that he would "take care of the woman" whatever that means.

Since he is now awake - I'm glad they did it so early! - it will now be interesting how it changes the game. Because does this mean Cha Ji Won is actually married to the real Baek Hee Sung? Eun Ha is registered in the family register of the Baek Family... so could they have a legal right to take Eun Ha in? Like it's getting complicated but also interesting.

Okay, this got way too long and I'm so sorry but I needed to write down my thoughts before episode 9! :D

• Like 10
  • Insightful 4

Anybody want to do a timeline of DHS@BHS life? 

I might lost somewhere between him runanaway from the murder of foreman during his teenager to him working in the restaurant. What name did he used? If he used DHS does it ring a bell since he was a wanted teenager? 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
6 minutes ago, an-naum said:

I might lost somewhere between him runanaway from the murder of foreman during his teenager to him working in the restaurant. What name did he used? If he used DHS does it ring a bell since he was a wanted teenager? 

Good question honestly. :)

It's interesting because the owner of the restaurant was telling the story about Do Hyun Soo listening to the tape and in his story / the flashback it's Baek Hee Sung. So this means the soup owner knew it was Do Hyun Soo back then (but doesn't know Baek Hee Sung is Do Hyun Soo I guess), so it must've happened before the accident with the real Baek Hee Sung?

That's definitely something I need to rewatch parts of the episodes again to get that properly answered. Or maybe someone else can answer this question? :D

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
39 minutes ago, an-naum said:

After DHS ran away from the village he worked at the restaurant for sometime with his real identity. Maybe the restaurant owner wasn't aware of Do Min Seok's serial killings and his son just like DHS's roommate who found out about it later. It's a different story if the restaurant owner has some secret or was related to the murders. Then he got into a car accident and BMW gave him his son's identity. With that new identity he met Jiwon later. Between the murder of village foreman and him taking Baek Hee Sung's identity there is only 3-4 years of difference. I don't think anything particular happened during that time expect him working at the restaurant.

• Like 11
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Why did the restaurant owner show up at the shrine? Who told him to meet Cha Ji Won there? She expected him at the workshop of Do Min Seok. Does the restaurant owner pretend he was called there? Or did someone tell him to go there? But then who could it be when Cha Ji Won didn't tell anyone about her own investigation?

I can answer this one. Cha Ji Won asked the restaurant owner to meet her at the shrine. Remember, the scene was cut before she told him what she wanted. She lied to her husband about him coming to the workshop because she wanted to push Baek Hee Seung into admitting that he was Do Hyun Soo. She never wanted the restaurant owner to actually identify her husband. By sending him to the shrine, she could have that phone conversation about him arriving soon.

It was very clever the way the story made it look like the restaurant owner was on his way to the workshop right up until the moment he appeared at the shrine. It increased the tension for the audience as well as for Do Hyun Soo.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 5
10 minutes ago, joybran said:

I can answer this one. Cha Ji Won asked the restaurant owner to meet her at the shrine. Remember, the scene was cut before she told him what she wanted. She lied to her husband about him coming to the workshop because she wanted to push Baek Hee Seung into admitting that he was Do Hyun Soo. She never wanted the restaurant owner to actually identify her husband. By sending him to the shrine, she could have that phone conversation about him arriving soon.

It was very clever the way the story made it look like the restaurant owner was on his way to the workshop right up until the moment he appeared at the shrine. It increased the tension for the audience as well as for Do Hyun Soo.

Awesome! Thank you so much and there goes my theory... well not completely. :D But thank you for clarifying that part for me.

:cutekitty:

• Like 4
1 hour ago, an-naum said:

I've been interested in the timeline from when Jung Mi Sook was kidnapped in May 11, 2002. At that time DHS was on very good terms with his father.

I don't know how long it was before Do Min Seok's suicide, if it was a suicide.

Apparently, nobody knew about the serial killings at the time of the funeral.

I don't know how long it was before DHS and his sister heard on TV that their father was a serial killer.

I don't know how long it was before KMJ broke up with Do Hae Soo and started bullying DHS. It seems like the exorcisms started right after the stoning incident at the tree.

It was three months after Do Min Seok's death that Do Hae Soo killed the village head and DHS took the blame and ran away. That was in the summer of 2002.

I'm not sure how long it was between that and DHS getting the job at the restaurant. That must have been the time when he was on the street, joined a gang, and beat people up as he told CJW. It couldn't have been more than a few months because he started living with Nam Soon Gil in the fall of 2002.

Apparently, it is really hard to "launder" an identity in Korea, so DHS had to use his own name but without identity documents, which is why the restaurant owner was paying him low wages in cash.

It was the summer of 2005 that Nam Soon Gil tried to kill him and he was hit by Baek Hee Seung's car. 

DHS didn't meet CJW until the summer of 2006. I'm curious about what happened during that year and how he went from laundering his identity to moving into her neighborhood.

Their first kiss was in the spring of 2008 and, according to Gong Mi Ja, they didn't get married until 2015 when CJW was pregnant with BEH. That year was also when they bought the house.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 5

Back to Hyun Su and Cha Ji Won topic

On 8/23/2020 at 11:47 AM, H0ney said:

What he sees about himself is someone who need a new identity to be able to keep his marriage and his family. I hope that because CJW said she can see what he can not see about himself then she will help him to see that as DHS, he is also can keep his marriage and his family.

This conversation was heartbreaking when you watch it but it got me thinking.She disguised it as frustration because of work but it was about everything to do with their relationship:

BHS: What is wrong?

CJW: Work is a little difficult.Its just one of those times.I started it because I liked it, and I held on because I liked it.But I cant receive that in return, Should I give up?Should I stop?

BHS: Quit, if its hard.

CJW: Its easy to answer that because its someone else's problem.

BHS: I'm saying you shouldn't live a difficult life. Just live as your true self.

CJW: What's my true self?

BHS:

Spoiler

18da208d0cbee60f2b44c34214bcfebbb5ddc76e

CJW: And is easy to deceive. I am quite naive.

BHS: You? Thats impossible.

Also this:

hope she will be consistent to what she said when she dates him at the beginning 'I can see what you can not see about you.' (I forget the exact sentence) and what she always says along the series that she is a person who believes what she sees, when she digs about her husband.

12c51b000aa83683656a0144740d4b1b782b278b

c1ba24f4111fdd2e1825cb751520c3642d7ac59e

25c03b0e392a72cb56e9be8db59e1e2129e665f3

With all I have written and quoted above.I come to your conclusion as well:

I hope she will be consistent to what she said when she dates him at the beginning 'I can see what you can not see about you.' (I forget the exact sentence) and what she always says along the series that she is a person who believes what she sees, when she digs about her husband. Because despite that he keeps secret from her, about his background, he still shows what is love to his family. 

If CJW leaves him in this stage then I would be so disappointed in her and her words. 

Let me believe you CJW when you said everything you said to BHS ^_*

Its sad but completely understandable if she left.When trust is broken, its not impossible but its hard to rebuild it. I am rooting for them till the end though:lol:.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

I think the marriage will be annulled. After all the real BHS didn’t give the consent for the marriage, so how could the marriage be valid? And CJW didn’t want to marry the real BSH, so there’s no way the marriage would be valid. As for Eun Ha, her biological father is DHS, so the Baek family doesn’t have any rights for her guardianship.

I’m very curious how they’re going to figure out the legal stuff. I’ve been watching k-dramas for over 10 years and FOE has definitely one of the most intriguing storylines I’ve came across. I’m curious how is DHS going to prove his feelings to CJW if she thinks he never loved her. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2
4 hours ago, -Love Blossom- said:

I don't think they will delay episodes. They had already shot around 11-12 episodes before the drama even started airing as far as I have heard. I'm sure they will release the episodes as planned. Moreover even if they delay it, it's better than any any of the actors or staff getting infected.

I agree, I know that they just got the scripts for the last episode.  I think they'll postpone the 13th-14th episodes 

• Like 7
3 hours ago, joybran said:

I've been interested in the timeline from when Jung Mi Sook was kidnapped in May 11, 2002. At that time DHS was on very good terms with his father.

I don't know how long it was before Do Min Seok's suicide, if it was a suicide.

Apparently, nobody knew about the serial killings at the time of the funeral.

I don't know how long it was before DHS and his sister heard on TV that their father was a serial killer.

I don't know how long it was before KMJ broke up with Do Hae Soo and started bullying DHS. It seems like the exorcisms started right after the stoning incident at the tree.

It was three months after Do Min Seok's death that Do Hae Soo killed the village head and DHS took the blame and ran away. That was in the summer of 2002.

I'm not sure how long it was between that and DHS getting the job at the restaurant. That must have been the time when he was on the street, joined a gang, and beat people up as he told CJW. It couldn't have been more than a few months because he started living with Nam Soon Gil in the fall of 2002.

Apparently, it is really hard to "launder" an identity in Korea, so DHS had to use his own name but without identity documents, which is why the restaurant owner was paying him low wages in cash.

It was the summer of 2005 that Nam Soon Gil tried to kill him and he was hit by Baek Hee Seung's car. 

DHS didn't meet CJW until the summer of 2006. I'm curious about what happened during that year and how he went from laundering his identity to moving into her neighborhood.

Their first kiss was in the spring of 2008 and, according to Gong Mi Ja, they didn't get married until 2015 when CJW was pregnant with BEH. That year was also when they bought the house.

Thanks for the info...I didn't know Jung Mi Sook was kidnapped during 2002...Is he like 18 or 20 years old at that time? So Do Hyun Soo and the real Baek Hee Sung are about the same age, right? I'm still figuring out who that accomplice is...Btw, Jung Mi Sook looked drugged when the witness saw her getting away from the vehicle. The accomplice could be anyone at this point. I wonder where in the timeline their mom disappeared...

• Like 6
19 hours ago, H0ney said:

I am curious.. if DHS can not feel about love then is it mean he can not feel what is jealous? He can not be jealous if someone else likes his wife? 

Well we saw him being sort of jealous when it came to his tape player. It might sound bad, but I would imagine his reaction to somebody trying to chat JW up would be similar or worse.

I am also curious as to how he is going to react when JW tells him she is planning to leave him. I wonder will she let him know she is aware of his real identity or will she come up with some random reason. 

Edited by Romance Tag
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/311/0001192164?lfrom=twitter

FOE episode 12 (September 4th) will be postponed for airing and it will be replaced with a special.

-------

Most watched FOE's clips on tvN YT channel

1. Compilations of BHW and JW scenes from ep 7 

1M views in 5 days :)

2. Ehem.. their bed scene 

845k views soon will break 1M

3. BHS and JW's scenes from episode 5 from first kiss to swimming pool scene

633k views

Spoiler

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2
9 hours ago, violina said:

Back to Hyun Su and Cha Ji Won topic

This conversation was heartbreaking when you watch it but it got me thinking.She disguised it as frustration because of work but it was about everything to do with their relationship:

I understand about CJW feelings of her husband that is lying to her for 14 years. 

Also I understand the pain when CJW hear "I don't love her."

and I really understand the consequences of stolen someone identity and DHS has a family with that identity.

It is just, this is just my thougt.. is the pain that unbearable so she will sacrifice what they built together for 14 years. From my POV, if a person really love someone, that person will not expect something in return like she needs to be paid for it. Loving is feeling and not a job. and the most in the marriage, specially like CJW and DHS who is having a daughter. Pain and happiness come in one package. DHS never tortured her physically (this is usually the main reason why people divorce) and he is also not has an affair. DHS life is just about CJW and BEH. He is of course very wrong in hiding and keeping secret from his wife but this is a husband and not just a criminal. if a criminal can be forgiven (in some cases)  how about a husband who has done everything he could to keep his family stay together.

Talking about what she can not receive in return, her feeling,  I know that feeling is important but she is marrying someone who could not feel, but also work hard to show what he could not feel. 14 years of cooks for her and hang her clothes. 

If being her true self is she needs to be paid in return for what she has done for something she loves, then from my POV, perhaps marriage life is not for her. Being single is suitable for CJW.

Also this:

With all I have written and quoted above.I come to your conclusion as well:

Its sad but completely understandable if she left.When trust is broken, its not impossible but its hard to rebuild it. I am rooting for them till the end though:lol:.

I am rooting for them too. Yes, I know and understand when trust is broken it is hard to rebuild it. Specially in the marriage. It needs years to gain it back and also it take years to healed the pain when trust is broken. People can not feel as same as how it is feel before. But it can be work if both CJW and DHS do not give up and plus they have BEH. BEH is their endless bond. (I think I am too traditional and being delulu. I just need to continue watch hehe)

@Romance Tag 

Well we saw him being sort of jealous when it came to his tape player. It might sound bad, but I would imagine his reaction to somebody trying to chat JW up would be similar or worse.

I am also curious as to how he is going to react when JW tells him she is planning to leave him. I wonder will she let him know she is aware of his real identity or will she come up with some random reason. 

Me too, I just want to see his jealous side to his wife hahaha

a song lyrics for CJW and DHS. This song was written by a wife who was almost divorced her husband, but when she decided to not give up, they got a very pretty daughter :heart:

Right from the start
You were a thief, you stole my heart
And I your willing victim
I let you see the parts of me, that weren't all that pretty
And with every touch you fixed them
Now you've been talking in your sleep oh oh
Things you never say to me oh oh
Tell me that you've had enough
Of our love, our love

Just give me a reason, just a little bit's enough
Just a second we're not broken just bent, and we can learn to love again
It's in the stars, it's been written in the scars on our hearts