[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

1. Is it common for people wake up from coma to have a good past memory? BHS jut woke up from a coma and have a good memory.Can remember everything.

2. The accomplice in Doo Hae Soo memory had green silicon bracelet and a short thumb nail.Baek Hee Sung has a habit of bitting nails. Baek Man wo seen clipping nail in episode..(I forgot)

3. Do Hee Soo have a photo of the accomplice given after the money transaction complete.(in preview 11)

4. detective team will raid the human trafficking syndicate.

5. Does Doo Hee Su have heart attack? in some scene he is seen in pain on his left chest.

6.What Cha Ji won will do to stay on the team? Detective Choi forbids her from joining the team.

7.what will Doo Hae Suu do in Baek Family? She really want to ask Baek Man Wo?

8. Doo Hae Su said if Doo He Soo don't need him anymore ,she will do something that she never do before? I guess she will admit the village foreman murder(is she the murder because tape recorder said foreman died from being noisy, how the accomplice know about village foreman murder)

9.Doo Min Soek didn't commit suicide but was killed by  the accomplice to get rid of the evidence because the case will get out because all the media suspect Doo Min Soek for the main murder

10.How Doo Min Soek connect with Baek family? it is related to human trafficking syndicates.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, hunybunny said:

1. Is it common for people wake up from coma to have a good past memory? BHS jut woke up from a coma and have a good memory.Can remember everything.

2. The accomplice in Doo Hae Soo memory had green silicon bracelet and a short thumb nail.Baek Hee Sung has a habit of bitting nails. Baek Man wo seen clipping nail in episode..(I forgot)

3. Do Hee Soo have a photo of the accomplice given after the money transaction complete.(in preview 11)

4. detective team will raid the human trafficking syndicate.

5. Does Doo Hee Su have heart attack? in some scene he is seen in pain on his left chest.

6.What Cha Ji won will do to stay on the team? Detective Choi forbids her from joining the team.

7.what will Doo Hae Suu do in Baek Family? She really want to ask Baek Man Wo?

8. Doo Hae Su said if Doo He Soo don't need him anymore ,she will do something that she never do before? I guess she will admit the village foreman murder(is she the murder because tape recorder said foreman died from being noisy, how the accomplice know about village foreman murder)

9.Doo Min Soek didn't commit suicide but was killed by  the accomplice to get rid of the evidence because the case will get out because all the media suspect Doo Min Soek for the main murder

10.How Doo Min Soek connect with Baek family? it is related to human trafficking syndicates.

just to not make a confusion..

name is do hyun soo not do he soo. i am scared that people mix it up with do hae soo ( his sister ) 

• Like 3

On 8/27/2020 at 9:57 PM, lightbringer06 said:

Ji Won tells Do Hyun Soo to take care/to not be hurt... I feel like Hyun Soo might realize Ji Won knows who he is because he was taken aback by that ... 

This scene:criesariver:.He hid this for so long.His worst fear and greatest desire was for Cha Ji Won to never know that he is Do Hyun Soo. But now he knows that she knows and he can do nothing about it:tears:.

03a80fcc4277057f54d3b19b59fbe253e57b5053

e5ac98f3e91cb3db050151c1e699ab44f682f7ba

The realization that she knows who he really is...if you watch the full scene..you can see his shock and sadness.It was so heart-breaking to watch

81e815fa5e2d45120cc966639e1efc1eef145540

Spoiler

ae8f8e393274f43a011b9f844b8c021ba1315127

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Hey guys I follow this Korean blogger who does detailed analysis on the episodes of flower of evil. Her handle is "drama addiction" and she made a very convincing deduction of what will happen in the next episode based on the "in my heart" mv and the preview: 

Spoiler

Ji won is removed from the investigation team. The rest of the team proceeds to stake out the 2nd location. hyun soo does not share the location of the first meet up with the police, but ji won knows and goes to him as she has his GPS location. 

The first meet up is a trap. Gangster yeong used the photo of bhs to blackmail BMW, and BMW uses money to win him over. As hyun soo passes the money to gangster yeong, he passes hyun soo an envelope and there is nothing inside. He then proceeds to try and capture hyun soo as hostage and they get into a fight. Ji won arrives and tries to help him but he protects her instead and gets injured. They subdue gangster yeong (although I have  a feeling hyun soo might have accidentally killed the gangster to protect ji won). As hyun soo is bleeding, jiwon shouts at him to run away as fast as possible. She even removes his watch so that even she cannot track him.

The police go to the second location but most likely there were no hostages there as it was arranged as a trap to catch hyun soo as devised by Baek man woo. 

Hae soo visits the Baek household to find out more info about the wristband. Baek man woo realized hae soo is the final loose end. Hae soo is likely to be kidnapped. 

Before leaving, hyun soo goes back to his house to bid farewell to eunha. Jiwon comes back home at this point and sees hyun soo again. This time his blood is dried up, and it is the scene in the mv where he cries and cradles jiwons face. They say goodbye. 

Hyun soo goes back in the car and drives off, this is the end of the ep11 preview, possibly the cliffhanger at the end of the episode. 

EP 12 onwards predictions. When hyun soo realized he's been played by the baeks and hae soo is kidnapped, he is likely to devise a desperate plan to save his sister. This may involve him turning himself in to admit for all of the crimes so that the baeks wont harm haesoo. 

So angst. Based on her analysis of the backgrounds in the scene, I reckon this is what will happen. Also, we are not likely to find out who is the accomplice in the next ep. Most likely Baek man woo and Baek hee sung are both involved, but hee sung was definitely the guy at the funeral. I don't really like where it's heading, seems like a bit of the old Korean drama noble idiocy happening, but I will still continue to see if that happens and hope to be surprised. My only wish is that now that he realize jiwon knows he is hyun soo, he will tell her everything, including what his father did to him. She just needs to know so that he's not always the only one suffering. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Sibling love
I know the love between Do hyun so and ji won is perfect. Ji won cant stop loving her while do hyun so does everything make this relationship works.

But the sibling love shared is the purest and both sibling dont expect other to return their love and affection

if you recall the part when Do hyun so and jiwon goes back to Min seok (father) home , he remembers child hood memory. Sister is always teaching her brother and calming him.  She says mother is gonna come back when he becomes as tall as the mark on tree. When father calls, she teaches him to just say “okay” to whatever father says. 
she was always defending and protecting her brother even though she may be older by few years.

when other people thought do hyun so is a monster for his inability to feel, she is always trying to teach him emotions and to be humane. Maybe that’s why Do Hyun So hs turned out good. She has complete faith in Do hyun so goodness. The lecture on difference between precious and important was insightful. Similarly, she is always asking his brother to say what you really feel than what he just speaks. She is trying to tell his brother that his effort actually is love towards his wife. That why when ji won wanted to break the marriage, Do haesoo felt a need to save marriage even by admitting for crime 

when ji won realise that do hyun said he has never felt love emotion towards ji won, she was heartbroken and angry. On the other hand when Do Hyun So said that he never tried to looked for his sister and was only thinking about himself anf family, sister still embrace him in a hug and cries out loud. 

Do hyun so also has great love for his sister. He instantly takes over his sister crime.  And always reminds his sister that the decision to be labeled as murderer is his choice and she doesnt want to feel guilty. The way he warned his sister not to hang out with reporter kim was protective as he had seen how much heartbroken his sister became back then when reporter kim left her. 
i feel like sister is going to be kidnapped. 
when Do Hyun So is on run due to his identity  exposure by detective, baek song may contact him and to turn himself in.  Again he might save his sister by scarificing himself. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

On 8/28/2020 at 2:03 PM, H0ney said:

I love the scene when DHS went to KJM's apartment and also called his sister to talk about his relationship problem with CJW. hahaha. I laughed when watching this part. Poor DHS. CJW can not face him like she is in a relationship with a normal man. This is a man who can not feel. he he. It's sweet when DHS thinks too much of how to make CJW happy but also funny because he tooks conclusion that to make CJW happy is by catching the accomplice. HAHAHAHAHA 

This was funny.But after watching episode 10. he really means it when he said he wants to make CJW happy.

In episode 10 He calls the police and gives them the tip about the human traffickers:

Detective Choi: You have been on the run for almost 20 years and you suddenly you call just to give us information for the sake of justice. Are you telling us to believe that?

DHS: I am not Do Min Seok's accomplice. I just want to prove my innocence.

The next scene cuts to CJW and DHS on the phone.She is trying to block him from going to the meeting place with the mafias. Mind you, he still hasn't openly confessed to CJW that he is DHS.He doesn't know that she knows his real identity yet.But here is what he says;

ec456bae8ceed701424faefe9eb34b5be3a4217e

a4f470993494a9410365e343181eadb4ef7c8547

5ca5d798b04e2ef0d6d7773eb3765bd0849ae79b

Clearing his name will mean CJW and Eun Ha can proudly claim her Do name in public without facing the stigma of being related to a "serial killer". Can you imagine Eun Ha being harassed by those nosy reporters like Do Hae Soo? CJW is a well respected police officer and she worked so hard to be there.It was her dream.She can still retain her job if he is cleared. He will not have to put up a mask anymore and live freely as Do Hyun Soo.That whole learning how to smile and those panic attacks.Thats exhausting. So yes catching the accomplice would make CJW really happy.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

When that witness and the accomplice had a car accident and Jung Mi Seok got out of the car. The accomplice dragged her back saying "Wife, why did you drink so much?" something like that. The taxi driver doesn't look that old so it can be safely assumed that 18 years ago when JMS went missing she was quite young. BMW already had a 20 year old son then so he would been around 40-50 years old that time. If he was the accomplice then he would have called her daughter or something else. Why would he call a 20 something woman wife even if he is lying he at least would have told a believable lie. The accomplice must be BHS or some young man I think.

• Like 4

After rewatch episode 9. according to Detective Choi Doo Min Soek exchange car keys twice.

after that Doo Hyunsu remember the day at 11 Mei 2002

at 15:40 DMS and Doo hyun So go to the gallery and art exhibition

at 19.00 DMS dinner with Do Hyun So

at 20:30 They drink at the bar.At this scene DHS remember someone dropped his jacket.And I guess this place is a key car exchange

This drama get more conflicted.Poor Do Hyun so.He had  run away  eventhough he was innocent. Hope the team can find evidence to prove DHS is innocence.when he started to realize  that he loved his wife, he would be charged by the police. :criesariver:

• Like 5

Episode 10 made me like...

your-anxiety-is-calling-you.gif 

Certainly, the moments I love the most is between Ji Won and Hyun Soo. It's just their story is so painfully beautiful to watch.

When the deep realization hits Ji Won that despite everything, she is all what Hyun Soo have. Look at the man trying to beat the one-hour deadline she set to come back to her. This scene is so heart-wrenching plus that In My Heart OST in the background playing...the FEELS... man...

ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif

Spoiler

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-1.gif

"I was all you had. And even right now, I'm all you have."

And did I mention how I love their calls? ...

When Hyun Soo tells Ji Won how he wants to become a decent person for her.

Spoiler

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-2.gif

... that 10 PM call when Ji Won tells him to be safe .... and when Hyun Soo finally realizes Ji Won knows ....

Spoiler

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-3.gif

I was also right about the voice in Hyun Soo's recorder was his mom's voice. I bet she served as his anchor to keep him sane at least, with all the people around him calling him abnormal. It was so satisfying to see Ji Won lash out her anger and frustration at that doctor who diagnosed him. Imagine how someone's characterization of you can define your entire life. Poor Hyun Soo, he met the wrong people as a young person. Indeed, if only they dig deeper to the root of his actions when it involves that recording, it might have made a huge difference. Even Ji Won is a better doctor.

I still hate the fact that the person who has to discover that recording had to be Det. Choi. The man already dislike Hyun Soo for I don't know why, now he has all the more reason to hate him.

Still on the fence about real BHS being the accomplice. He may or may not be. The timeline when all the killings stopped perfectly coincides with the time he's in a coma, which makes him very suspicious. Even the father. If he is the accomplice, I bet the father may be the big boss or someone very much aware of the killings. Still baffles me though because he did try to help Hyun Soo after hitting him with his car. But again, just because he was willing to help Hyun Soo doesn't mean he's not capable of killing. What if it's selective killing? The killer probably doesn't just go on a killing spree without any goal or purpose in mind. The irony though if it ends up to be true, the son of a killer living as you, the accomplice.

Whew, guess gotta ready my body, heart and soul for the angst on Episode 11... I feel like my heart's condition next week while watching the episode would be like... 

heart-thrown.gif 

yociexp20.gif 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, -Love Blossom- said:

@rocher22 They look so beautiful together. I am shipping them honestly. 

I always try hard not to ship any couples doing a drama, but yeah, MCW and LJG just has something that makes me wanna root for them in real. Their personality just completely balance and match each other, imo :fullofhearts:. Plus, LJG openly admires MCW, and probably vice versa, and how he described their teamup again as a "dream come true". 

@violina Can't blame him tho. That scene was so perfectly executed and very poignant. It was beautiful ~

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Wiggle 1

On 8/27/2020 at 9:57 PM, lightbringer06 said:

OMG... the other detective heard the recorder of Moo Jin's ...WAAAHHHHH ~

The scene after that:sweating:

23eb64f0eb336687d35a3158abb219f24a6ea458

3f8acc61db375361e4834b2562b7a15767b4493c

8bace8882905f0641155d420a87772aa5b9ca7eb

Side note: Detective Choi looks and acts like Actor Jin Ji Hee. He has the voice of Cha Seung Won. The mind boggling thing is that he is 40 and this is his third ever acting job. To me, he has the looks, charisma and acting chops to be a drama male lead.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Love 3

I just finished watching Lee Joon Gi's IG live (as translated by the always amazing JG Gunman) and there is one part where he was talking about how he went about performing hyun soo's character. He mentioned that Hyun soo was a difficult character to express dramatically; instead of showing a wide spectrum of emotions, he had to intentionally withhold certain expressions to be able to play him well. In order to understand hyun soo's character, he wanted the fans to observe the micro expressions and guess what was intentionally withheld in his performance. 

I really appreciated the thought put into the performance and i feel his interpretation of Hyun Soo is the main reason that what drives viewer's empathy and attachment to the drama (even though to be fair, most of the characters are quite likeable). I mean, up until now, his character does not get a lot of emotional scenes or powerful dialogue, and those are key building blocks for an actor to establish his/her character well. It is a role that puts a lot of pressure on the actor himself to build that relationship with the viewer, and I feel that he has done so spectacularly. 

Judging from some key scenes, it seems like the real hyun soo is overwhelmed with fear most of the time. If you observe closely, the actor often withholds this particular expression from his facial performance, but tells us this through his body language. 

for example:
1) in the basement scene with jiwon, his face portrays anger, but the ragged breathing and shaky body language portrays deep panic and fear
2) when Ji won says that she hates him, hates sleeping next to him or watching him eat, although his facial expression is calm and his speech is steady, Joon Gi takes a sharp breathe in between each line of the script to tell the viewer that the character is panicking/frightened during this exchange. 

3) even in one of the previews, where he and jiwon are in an interrogation room, while he stares at his wife with the blank look of a serial killer, his hands are shaking as if he is worried or scared. 

4) when Kim moo Jin recognized him, his eyes immediately reddened, similar to when he sees visions of his father. I guess he has been giving us hints thtt hyun so is not unfeeling from the very beginning 

if you see it this way, then i guess the panic attacks are only natural (please no terminal illness jaebal!)

I think its these little inconsistencies that draw the viewer to Hyun soo's character and make us feel for him even though he was still a mystery right up until ep 8. I really think lee joon gi is such a great  actor, i hope one day he will go back to making movies and be more internationally renowned for his great work. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Not sure about being the accomplice, we will have to wait and see with that one. 

But I have a theory that the real BSH was going to meet Ji Won on the day of the accident. The way he told his mother that he was going to see someone and it was a woman, and had he met that woman, it would have changed all their lives, I had a sneaking suspicion that it may have been Ji Won. Ji Won has also jokingly said a few times that she is a woman with a past type thing. Ever since Detective Choi found the recording, I feel like nothing in this drama is being said or done without a purpose. How crazy and ironic would it be if DHS was living the real BHS's life in all aspects? I feel like there may have been a romantic connection between the real BHS and Ji Won. 

At the end of it all, I think only the mother will be saved from going to jail, I think the father and son will end up in jail.  

• Like 7
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1