[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

59 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

I guess people are rooting for this family since it's one of the most liked IG posts of LJG in just two days

It would be nice to see LJG's real family pic one day ^_^

erm i think he posted a picture of himself with his 2 dogs before hahah yup that's his real family ... for now. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

Soooooo good!!!! I love how this drama just keeps progressing so well!! And I’m so glad that DHS finally knows that JW knows the truth about him.

First episodes to really make me cry. Particularly the flashback where DHS asked JW to trust him and when he told her he wanted to be a decent person for her. The moments between JW and DHS are just so heartbreaking and bitter sweet. I really feel for both of them. 

Ok so BMW is likely the accomplice. I was pretty convinced it was BHS but episode 10 seems to highlight BMW’s dark side even more. It’s been pretty apparent that he’s selfish and empathetically challenged but that was emphasised in the last episode. I remember seeing a comment previously about BMW trafficking humans for organs for his hospital and that makes complete sense. I wonder if BHS found out and was on his way to investigate. 

The detective is doing my head in. I mean I understand that he is upset about finding out the truth but did he really have to rush in and put JW on the spot like that? Surely he could’ve asked her to step out for a chat. 

I really hope DHS is ok and doesn’t get hurt during the meeting with the gangsters. I’m also hoping that once they resolve this case and clear DHS’s name, DHS, JW and their beautiful daughter leave to live somewhere peaceful away from everyone.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Detective Choi is Bong Kwang-Hyeon in Hospital Playlist.

I came across this video few minutes ago - and I saw him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiQ3Oh76WOU

At 0:14 - you can see him - it's quite short, but his face caught my attention. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

@violina

I just like how strong the cast is, from main cast to supporting cast to extended cameos. It just all feels well-casted and there the overall drama feels even better while watching

You are absolutely right. Isn't it wonderful when a film production is flowing smoothly like a cogwheel.No acting holes anywhere to disrupt the story telling. But more importantly, I have seen this opinion everywhere not only in this thread.I said it a few pages back too. Moon Chae Won & Lee Joon Gi are great actors who just haven't been lucky enough to work in stellar productions for a very long time.Look what they can deliver when you pair them with a great writer and director, who knows their acting strengths and maximises on them to help them bring out this amazing performance.

Let me join @jazz85 she said:

iam eagerly want lee joon gi and moon chae won win the baeksang award as the result of theyre stunning performance walking together( like walking to the flower path) as a gift for their hard work and as viewers we will full of happiness seeing this two couple in such precious awards night,..i will wait and watch them...they need to win.

•  

I badly want this for both for them.Both of them are so underated.Its criminal. LJK is popular but his acting skill is not appreciate enough I think compared to his peers or even some who are his juniors. As for Moon Chae Won, she is very VERY underrated.So even a nomination would make me happy. For now, I think the only contenders are Once Again, IONTBO and maybe Forest of Secrets 2. If this drama continues to stay strong like this till the end.They have a chance.  The others that were critically acclaimed in the first half of the year like Itaewon Class, World of the Married, Clash landing on you, etc already received their awards at Baeksang. At least Baeksang they award excellence not popularity. For example, forest of secrets 1 and Mother(directed by the same directer for this drama) worn the daesang even though the ratings were similar to this drama.Some of the actors were nominated, others won. There are also other award ceremonies like Korean Drama Awards, The Seoul Awards, and The Seoul International Awards. 

At the very least, if the actors cant win at least the writer, director or even technical award(ost and cinematography) should be nominated and or get an award.They have been excellent.

• Like 9
  • Love 6

after back reading some of the comments, even though i was kind of convinced that the real beak hee sung might be the accomplice, i gave it some thought, what if he both is and isn't?

Spoiler

judging from his hair and appearance when he hit do hyun soo, it seems like he likely ran away from home and became some sort of gangster. 

maybe he started working in the employment agency and helped them with their human trafficking operations. at this point in time, maybe baek man woo and do min seok already have a working relationship with the employment agency; the employment agency provides people, do min seok kills them and supplies the organs to baek man woo. 
In this way Baek Man Woo can get the organs he needed without actually having to dirty his fingers and kill or kidnap anyone. So in this case, Do Min Seok is Baek Man Woo's accomplice. 

at this point in time, Baek Man Woo doesn't know that Hee Sung is part of the human trafficking services that he engages in. Hee sung somehow develops a close relationship with Min Seok during this period (not really knowing what he is up to). However, he soon finds out that his own father is involved in the serial killings and decides to volunteer to transport Jung Mi Sook. Instead of giving jung mi sook to min seok, he actually sets her free. Which is why we never got her body. 

Because of this mishap, baek man woo is furious with Do Min Seok, an argument ensues where do min seoks threatens to out him. Baek Man woo is furious and hires someone to murder do min seok and blame him for all the murders. Hee sung feels bad for getting min seok killed and goes to his funeral and offers to help hae soo. 

However, after the murders are revealed, Baek Man Woo regrets his actions as he finds out that he had inadvertedly implicated his son in the crime when he realized hee sung was working with the employment agency all along. 

On the night that Hee sung knocks down Hyun soo with his car, he was on his way to meet hae soo, to tell her to watch out for baek man woo. However he knocks Hyun Soo down, sends him back home only to realize he is Do Hyun Soo. He wants to wake up Hyun Soo and tell him about all the stuff that his dad has done, but Mi Jia tries to stop him and an accident happened. Baek Man woo only decided to adopt hyun soo to keep everyone quiet so that his secret will not be revealed. 

After hee sung wakes up, he still tries to ask his father to let him see Do Hyun soo, because he wants to warn them. and he has a special interest in Do Hae soo for the same reason as well when she visits their house. But Man woo refuses as he senses that his son could potentially betray him. 

This is only my theory, but i  think this is the only way hee sung can be a good character.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

@chickenchopflipflop83

It is really interesting. The real Baek Hee Sung said that he will see "a woman" before his car collide. I also think it probably Do Hae Soo but i dont have any theory hahaha..

Every single thing that Do Hyun Soo did is for his sister sake, now his world is only Ji Won and Eun Ha. 

I cannot imagine Eun Ha without his appa after Ji Won asking him to run. Will they finally live in rural area or in hidden village? :o

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

This is an interesting catch... the person who gave Hae Soo the keychain had clean and long nails while the other nails are anything but groomed.

They most probably filmed that scene twice - once with some woman with delicate hands (long nailed) or ML (who has very feminine thin hands btw) as red herring, and then another one with the nail-biter (whoever is the actual accomplice designated actor). Who knows what is real and imagined anyways. I think we are meant to agree with Hae-Soo's memory i.e. accomplice has bitten-off/close-cut nails. Everyone is saying it's BHS/BMW, I still am betting on the bespectacled police captain. In any case, it will be huge scary fun when they show the flashback clips from the perspective of the actual accomplice. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

3 minutes ago, noor1 said:

They most probably filmed that scene twice - once with some woman with delicate hands (long nailed) or ML (who has very feminine thin hands btw) as red herring, and then another one with the nail-biter (whoever is the actual accomplice designated actor). Who knows what is real and imagined anyways. I think we are meant to agree with Hae-Soo's memory i.e. accomplice has bitten-off/close-cut nails. Everyone is saying it's BHS/BMW, I still am betting on the bespectacled police captain. In any case, it will be huge scary fun when they show the flashback clips from the perspective of the actual accomplice. 

Maybe both the scenes are correct. Maybe only the left hand has short nails. I believe the victims have the same issue, only one side of the nails were missing. 

And I don't agree that the ML has feminine hands though, his hands are quite knobby from what I remembered hahha

• Like 7
  • Shocked 2
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, sas79 said:

But I have a theory that the real BSH was going to meet Ji Won on the day of the accident. The way he told his mother that he was going to see someone and it was a woman, and had he met that woman, it would have changed all their lives, I had a sneaking suspicion that it may have been Ji Won. Ji Won has also jokingly said a few times that she is a woman with a past type thing. 

I'm kinda having a feeling it might be Ji Won too. Though I just don't know how that would play out. It'd be nice actually to know if there is some connection between the real BHS and Ji Won as well. If you think about it, almost all of the characters are connected with at least one of the characters in some way, shape or form. So a connection between her and real BHS may not be at all improbable.

Also, I remember we were all discussing from the earlier episodes about some dark past of Ji Won or that there may be more to her than meets the eye. But we completely forgot about that. I still wonder if that will be brought up on the upcoming episodes. We know nothing about Ji Won's family at all except her mom who we haven't seen for how many episodes now. 

3 hours ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

erm i think he posted a picture of himself with his 2 dogs before hahah yup that's his real family ... for now. 

It made me "awwww" when he said in his last IG live that he also doesn't know when he'll get married or if he'll ever get married when asked 43.gif 

3 hours ago, J13 said:

I really hope DHS is ok and doesn’t get hurt during the meeting with the gangsters. I’m also hoping that once they resolve this case and clear DHS’s name, DHS, JW and their beautiful daughter leave to live somewhere peaceful away from everyone.

He does get hurt though because he had some bloody bruises on his head from the trailer released before. He might get into brawl with them.

2 hours ago, violina said:

I badly want this for both for them.Both of them are so underated.Its criminal. LJK is popular but his acting skill is not appreciate enough I think compared to his peers or even some who are his juniors. As for Moon Chae Won, she is very VERY underrated.So even a nomination would make me happy. For now, I think the only contenders are Once Again, IONTBO and maybe Forest of Secrets 2. If this drama continues to stay strong like this till the end.They have a chance.  The others that were critically acclaimed in the first half of the year like Itaewon Class, World of the Married, Clash landing on you, etc already received their awards at Baeksang. At least Baeksang they award excellence not popularity. For example, forest of secrets 1 and Mother(directed by the same directer for this drama) worn the daesang even though the ratings were similar to this drama.Some of the actors were nominated, others won. There are also other award ceremonies like Korean Drama Awards, The Seoul Awards, and The Seoul International Awards. 

At the very least, if the actors cant win at least the writer, director or even technical award(ost and cinematography) should be nominated and or get an award.They have been excellent.

I so agree with this one ~ Moon Chae Won and Lee Joon Ki deserve some awards for their performance in this. I feel like after Innocent Man, MCW hasn't gotten much breakthrough in her dramas and had been underappreciated. So I'm glad that this drama is a milestone for both of them to showcase their acting prowess and they did not disappoint. I just wanna thank whoever casted them to work together again. LJK has an enormous trust and respect for the director too that this is his first ever drama that he didn't monitor himself, just like he said in his IG live.

Also @Jillia, about the photos you shared about the difference between the nails, I also am not sure if it belongs to one person or not. But I have to point out that the hand with the nail bites is a left hand and the one giving the key chain is a right hand. So it still could mean it is indeed the same person. It might be that the person only bites his nails on his non-dominant hand.

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Flower of Evil Poll 3 is up!

Time to vote again...

After I watched ep 9 and 10, my feeling was this:

FarflungOrderlyBison-small.gif

So many feels....Especially since I heard that we are only getting one episode next week. :bawling:

To make time pass by more quickly, let's have some fun in the meantime.

This time the questions are:

1) Who is Do Min Seok's accomplice?

2) Would you like to know more about Cha Ji Won's past?

3) Do you think Kim Moo Jin (reporter) and Do Hae Soo (Hyun Soo's sister) will rekindle their romance?

Once again, answer the poll on top of the page, but feel free to leave your comments and thoughts on the thread.

In case you have any other poll and/or event ideas, feel free to contact me @partyon and/or @Lmangla, your Event Organizers! :kiss_wink:

Happy voting!

tagging: @Jillia @lightbringer06 @chickenchopflipflop83 @violina @H0ney @sas79 @J13 @kara_mella @noor1 @holyfea @Sleepy Owl @Enimsa88 @-Love Blossom- @hunybunny @Samuel Yohanes @kdrama @an-naum @rocher22 @Erika Song @The Therapy @qynn @joybran @ainipang @lovelyUnicorn @glory @aisling @Seonhoyaa @chrisjae_18 @Kayllee21 @Maral @Tuiwgn @hazelyeot @smartiegal@jazz85 @Pikachu92 @moomooz @Latte_Anyday @TTT1234 @Shining tiara@mystic62 @Nodame @junghwana @mulberry9 @andy78 @Madu Mita @patheticsane @tiMadam @joybran @turquoisse @JosseJunjin @LumbarSpine @luffie @Brennster @miwako78 @rachel-moore @jessicaw22 @jangmi92_ @coral maor @agnesselvira @LRM11219311

@sken40 @stellalafemme @Cindy Tjioe @thephamle

Wow, there are so many of you watching this excellent drama!!!

:wow2:

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 6
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

42 minutes ago, partyon said:

Flower of Evil Poll 3 is up!

Time to vote again...

After I watched ep 9 and 10, my feeling was this:

So many feels....Especially since I heard that we are only getting one episode next week. :bawling:

To make time pass by more quickly, let's have some fun in the meantime.

3) Do you think Kim Moo Jin (reporter) and Do Hae Soo (Hyun Soo's sister) will rekindle their romance?

Once again, answer the poll on top of the page, but feel free to leave your comments and thoughts on the thread.

In case you have any other poll and/or event ideas, feel free to contact me @partyon and/or @Lmangla, your Event Organizers! :kiss_wink:

Happy voting!

tagging: @Jillia @lightbringer06 @chickenchopflipflop83 @violina @H0ney @sas79 @J13 @kara_mella @noor1 @holyfea @Sleepy Owl @Enimsa88 @-Love Blossom- @hunybunny @Samuel Yohanes @kdrama @an-naum @rocher22 @Erika Song @The Therapy @qynn @joybran @ainipang @lovelyUnicorn @glory @aisling @Seonhoyaa @chrisjae_18 @junghwana

Lol after ep 10 my guess is the real Baek Hee Seong on the accomplice...omg guesses keep changing, that's how good this drama is!! Maybe after ep 11 it'll change again. The real Baek Hee Seong crying pitifully to his parents reminded me of the accomplice crying in Do Min Seok funeral plus whoever wrote about the biting nails compared to Baek Man Woo cutting his nails neatly got me sold! :gangnamstyle:

Edited by Berou
Please don't quote pics/gifs
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

@sas79. I agree with u.There is reason the writer must show up why Kim Mo Jin tape recorder have been founded by Detective Choi,

Do Hyun Su is next target to be eliminated by accomplice,If he work only with Kim Mo Jin and Do Hae Su is too dangerous for Do Hyun Su. after detective Choi find out DHS=Baek Hee Sung the team of detective must be find evidence to prove he is innocence by raiding human trafficking syndicate. 

if Doo Hae So speak the truth to CJW and the team this problem can be solve.This problem like bomb because both Do Hyun Su and Do have So still keep silent about village foreman murder. Why he must run away if he want to prove he is innocence.DHS have an alibi that 11Mei 2002 he with his father until 03:10 when Jung Min Soek reported missing by Park Kyung Choon.

I only hope in Kim Mo Jim cassette recorder there is video who recorderded that the murder is someone else.

and one hope is to find the corpse of Jung Min Soek.

• Like 7

If real Baek Hee Sung turns out to be the accomplice, I mean, that's too much of a coincidence. And I think that's where the story is heading given the details provided by the preview. I don't know how they will pull that angle though. Right now it feels too makjang for me. But the show has been very good in subverting my expectations and tempering its makjang tendencies, so I remain hopeful. 

I think detective Cho is being reasonable when he confronted Jiwon and suggested that she be pulled out of the case. I don't think that it's him being an a**. As far as his relationship with his colleagues goes, they treat each other as family, him as a big brother figure to Jiwon. If I was in Cho's position I'd do the same. At the end of the day, in the eyes of the law, Hyun Soo is still a criminal on the run. 

Episode 10 really did a good job of showing how Hae Soo has lived her life in the last 18 years. I love that hovering shot they did while Hae Soo and Moo Jin were arguing up in the rooftop. Their choice of location for an apartment crowded by taller buildings seem to mirror how the rest of the society has been treating her—a spectacle observed from up above, analyzed from every angle. And how she hides inside a lightless house for days on end, too emotionally exhausted to go out. Reminds me of how my neighbors often think I was not at home because I rarely turn on the lights. I guess it's the idea of invisibility that somehow makes her feel secure. Like a reprieve from the constant judgment. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, partyon said:

1) BHS. The dad won't give Hyun Su the money if he was the accomplice and he probably doesn't know it's his son.

2) No, I don't think it's a good idea to open a new track that's unrelated to the main plot.

3) Yes, He should wait for her to get out of jail. It's hard for DHS to find someone who isn't gonna judge her for what she did when she got her life ruined because of her father's crimes. I hope she'll get happiness in the end.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1. In bar at 11 Mei 2002, the accomplice accidentally dropped Do Hyun Su jacket and hand over car keys that are put under the jacket to Do Min Soek. (Do Hyun Su flashback episode 9) 

2.in episode7 based on witness confession (young Hee) 12 Mei 2002 at 02.30 Young He crashed into kidnapper's car with licence plate number Gyeonggi 58, GA 3194

3.After 2 week Do Min Soek commit suicide. But he must killed by the accomplice

4what exactly the date of Do Hyun Su hit by Bark Hee Sung car? 

5.what the meaning "goodbye Baek Man Wo to Do Hyun Su. Will he get rid of him?

6. When Baek Man Wo said that Baek Hee Sung could have a good job, good wife, and beautiful daughter, scene change to Change Ji Won family. Will Baek Hee Sung steal Do Hyun Su precious wife and daughter? 

• Like 5
  • Shocked 2
  • Insightful 1

18 hours ago, violina said:

You are absolutely right. Isn't it wonderful when a film production is flowing smoothly like a cogwheel.No acting holes anywhere to disrupt the story telling. But more importantly, I have seen this opinion everywhere not only in this thread.I said it a few pages back too. Moon Chae Won & Lee Joon Gi are great actors who just haven't been lucky enough to work in stellar productions for a very long time.Look what they can deliver when you pair them with a great writer and director, who knows their acting strengths and maximises on them to help them bring out this amazing performance.

Let me join @jazz85 she said:

@violina and @jazz85, you have said it all for me.

it is criminal if Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won not win best actors award! 

• Like 7
  • Love 3

15 hours ago, partyon said:

1. probably Baek Hee-song. but i hope not. too many coincidences and i think it's still a bit early to decide. plus, it'd not be that shocking since everyone is expecting it anyways. 

2. YES! she's the only main character whose background isn't clear yet. the flashbacks we got of her past included Hyun-su in it so i hope we get to know a bit more. it'd be a waste if they don't show the background story of a character like Ji-won's. 

3. i don't think it's really necessary. what Hae-soo needs is to love herself. but i wouldn't mind if they end up together later on. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I'm not sure yet...i hope will be somebody unexpected...

yes i want to know more about her...

Maybe...

Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won must  win best actors award!  i agree with you @Tuiwgn!!!

• Like 6
  • Love 2

57 minutes ago, Tuiwgn said:

@violina and @jazz85, you have said it all for me.

it is criminal if Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won not win best actors award! 

FOE crew snd LJG MCW definitely deserve recognition of their brilliantness!! But as much as i want them both to win, most of the awards are given to dramas with high ratings... so FOE has very little chance to snatch awards... 

Hopefully Baeksang, being one of the ceremony who rewards true talent, will be able to reward them but its still too long for the next Baeksang ceremony (last one was held in June 2020) and by that time there will be other new dramas which make FoE forgotten. Sad reality but rating matters

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

I just wanna thank whoever casted them to work together again.

Let's thank the Chief Producer of Studio Dragon, Yoo Sang-won for that. FOE is jointly produced by Monster Union and Studio Dragon. Before Yoo Sang-won became a Studio Dragon CP, he was with Monster Union. This is the same company that produced KBS The Princess' Man 2011 (Chaewon's) and KBS Joseon Gunman 2014 (Joongi's) 

P.S these two dramas have the same team. Even the same director, Kim Jung-min PD.

Monster Union's site http://monsterunion.co.kr

The CP did an interview with OSEN last August where he mentioned that he met with Chaewon again after The Princess' Man 2011 and Joongi after Joseon Gunman 2014. He talked about FOE in his interview

Here's the article

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004252802

2 hours ago, Cindy Tjioe said:

most of the awards are given to dramas with high ratings... so FOE has very little chance to snatch awards... 

'Mother' which was directed by the same PD as FOE won had similar ratings as FOE and it won Best Drama at Baeksang and several other awards and nominations :)

With FOE, many know the reason why the ratings aren't high is due to the timeslot but it is very well received and popular in and out Korea. They wouldn't be on top 5 brand reputation for drama actors if the drama doesn't do well in S.K. So I think there are still chances for them. If not for the actors, at least for the drama.

• Like 8
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1