[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

I mean it could go either way... I still think it's real Baek Hee Sung who is the accomplice. BUT Baek Man Woo is shady as well. But they make a purposeful distinction between father and son. While son seems to bite his nails, his father is cutting them neatly.

BUT that could be a red herring.

But the biggest question is: no matter who was the accomplice of the two. How did they meet Do Min Seok?

I wonder if Hyun Soo received his counseling in Seoul and if the real Hee Sung ever received any counseling. 

• Like 4

I rewatch the trailer and real haesoong face was scary. But when watching the episode, his face are not so scary.. but there is posibilty that he is the killer. Perhaps, the girl that he is meeting is do hae suu..

My guess are doo min seok is a lunatic artist. Perhaps he use part of human for his art..another my guess is doo min seok is into BDSM relationship.. that is why his victim is woman

And the accomplice probably have pyscohpatic issue.. like to kill some one but to capture/kidnap some one is too troublesome for the accomplice. That is why the accomplice relies to that organization to provide person to him

Oh yeah and one more thing... at first im not sure if doo min seok is a killer. But his children attitude dosnt dey that their father is the killer. The children seem idolize/respect the father. So yeah.. do min seok probably has some issue that make the children believe that their father is the killer

• Like 4

Toughts on ep 10:

1. I really like Moo-jin, he showed his mature side and sincerely help Hae-soo and that's exactly what she needs right now

2. Hyun-soo, poor thing T_T his life is in danger now

3. Idk but I don't really understand Ji-won. When she realized what's in that cassete tape then she throwed her anger towards that psychiatrist. Come on girl, you're the one who burned that thing :evilelmo:

4. Detective Choi is so sharp. He's the closest person who fitted definition of police detective (in my opinion) in the team. Hope he stay alive.

8 hours ago, Kayllee21 said:

sidenote: I’m loving this OST so much (the one by Shin Yong Jae) I want the full version so bad

Me too. omo Shin Yong Jae, love his voice :highonflowers:

• Like 5

can anyone tell me if the accomplice was also the regular customer of the bar?? i remember Do Min-seok being one but i don't think they mentioned about the accomplice. i just had this thought because Baek Hee-sung was barely at the legal age when Jung Mi-sook disappeared so him being the regular at a bar wouldn't add up. but yeah, this will probably lead me to nowhere...*sigh*

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Erika Song said:

Adding to the Baek Man Woo theory as the accomplice, I did not really think that he was the accomplice not until this episode. I'm still betting on him instead of the real Baek Hee Sung, but I'm wondering, why would he go all the trouble to go to Do Min Seok's funeral, and as he was very rich, why would the team leader get enticed with only 100,000,000 won if they can get more of this from Baek Man Woo?! Or, maybe he already planned something before Hyun Soo could have acted.

Him going to the funeral has no problem. They were accomplices, worked together, so he must have felt the need to go to the funeral. Also I am highly doubtful about Do Min Seok's suicide. He suddenly killed himself? A so-called psychopath who never felt anything killed himself? how? why? Could be the accomplice's work too. 

As for Baek Man Woo being rich and team leader getting enticed with that. I think everything has got a rate, its just that Hyun Su to lure him, added another zero. Baek Man Woo does not seem like the person who can be made to pay more for something he should not. Also him giving Hyun Su money while knowing Hyun Su contacted the team leader could also mean that he wants to cut his tail by getting the team leader arrested or even killed. Baek Man Woo is a calculative person. If someone found his way to team leader who knows him/accomplice, it is better to take care of team leader so that no one can ever get info from him. So I think he wants team leader arrested or be killed using Hyun su as the means (does not mean Hyun Su's gonna kill him, but getting police involved can and Hyun Su did it).

35 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@The Therapy

Hold on! I thought Hae Soo's and Hyun Soo's mom is dead? She disappeared and then her body was found and everyone assumed it was Do Min Seok who killed her?

The one who disppeared and never reapperead was the wife of Park Kyung Choon.

Or did I miss something?

I mean I'm still wondering about the woman humming on the player, Ji Won burned.

The humming sound was Hyun Su's mother's voice. I mean they pretty much made it clear and it made sense to me. Looks like Hyun Su now wants to be honest with Ji Won (even though he didn't know she knows about him). That's why he told everything she asked. 

As for their mom, she was found dead in the basement. Chances are she came to know about the murders which made Do Min Seok to kill her (maybe thats why he killed himself). Or maybe she was killed by the accomplice because Do Min Seok was not following the plan. What's for sure is that her body was found in the basement along with other bodies, except for the wife of Park Kyung Choon. 

1 hour ago, The Therapy said:

I have a feeling that the accomplice is a totally new character or could be Hyun Soo’s mother that left them ages ago. 

I still believe that even if Baek Man Woo or Baek Hee Song are not the accomplices, the accomplice is someone we have already seen in the drama. Suddenly introducing a new character would be fine too, but in most of the dramas like this, the main killer has always been under the nose of everyone. So I think we have already that guy. 

13 minutes ago, glory said:

can anyone tell me if the accomplice was also the regular customer of the bar?? i remember Do Min-seok being one but i don't think they mentioned about the accomplice. i just had this thought because Baek Hee-sung was barely at the legal age when Jung Mi-sook disappeared so him being the regular at a bar wouldn't add up. but yeah, this will probably lead me to nowhere...*sigh*

The accomplice was a regular there. 

Hyun Su could go there with his father because his father was a special customer.

10 minutes ago, aisling said:

I’m sorry, but those are not the eyes of an innocent and sane person. I’m pretty sure it was him who was at the funeral. The way he looks at her here says it all. 

From all the dramas I have watched, I have come to this conclusion that never trust the previews. They are highly misleading and make the viewers think what the show runners want them to. But yes, you could be right. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

My god, so many theories! 

Loved Ep.s 9 and 10. Serial killers getting 'material' from gangsters is, well, original! Who would've thought of it! I loved a line by DramaMilk (V) website recap where she said that everyone in this drama is connected like they popped from the same bar of kitkat! True.

I've changed my opinion about ML and FL: they should end up together (alive). Loved the sms ML sent FL. The guy does have a heart! 

I've also changed my 'accomplice' theory from a woman, or that village doctor Dr. Lee Hyun Suk (character actor who never appears for one scene, but who is too short and fat to be the hat and coat accomplice; plus too bad DHS didn't mention the age of the funeral guy, whether he was old or young, because that would've narrowed the list!).

The accomplice has to be someone with money, power and those crazy eyes that DHS remembers and someone the gangster CEO hasn't seen in 'quite some time', meaning he is out of 'business' for years.

The hospital director family is a huge red-herring. He is simply an arrogant successful guy who wants to maintain his successful career and untainted reputation - his son may have wanted to leave maths field  because of pressure, and because he met a girl his parents didn't approve of, and tried to commit suicide over the near-fatal accident - his mother may have blown up over what the accident would do to the family's reputation so his coma can be the direct result of a suicide attempt. As he recovers he will be more angry that his life has been taken away from him. But neither he nor his father is a killer.

The hospital director heads a volunteer mental health organization, so that's how he may have recognized ML as son of the famous DMS and his psych evaluation, and offered him the perfect cover which would serve both their interests of maintaining public appearances. 

I believe the accomplice is Police Captain Lee-Woo-Cheol (he has the same crazy eyes as real BHS). He would've been a young police officer, and connected to the hospital volunteer work, could've known paroled gangster and Min-Seok and his son through volunteer work, and could've easily convinced gullible victims to trust him. And he is the only one who can convincingly 'kidnap' FL for ML to come rescue her or sacrifice his life (which would also show FL that this emotionless jerk guy does love her enough to get himself killed over her).

Unless it's someone no one has seen yet - maybe someone who owns that lakefront property that is shown during start of Ep.9 and 10?

Anyways, right now my bet is on the police captain Lee-Cheol (and he probably is still killing and hiding bodies in that lake, because who needs to buy people from gangsters when you can simply lure runaways as a police officer? Who wouldn't trust and get in the car of a police officer?)

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

The more I think about it the more real hee sung is the accomplice. The writer likes to write parallel story lines and when u think about it hee sung is hyun so's parallel. Both had overbearing father's who had wanted to groom them into something they don't want to be (min seok needed hyun soo to be a psychopath, man woo wanted hee sung to be a genius, someone who has a family and lives in a 2 storey house) . Both had to throw away their real identity in order to survive. And possibly both are lying/maintaining a facade in front of their loved ones (hyun soo as a loving husband and hee sung as a filial son). I felt a bit uncomfortable that he was crying too much in some of the scenes, as if he was acting out something to manipulate his parents. I can feel it yah, hee sung is the real psychopath 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

WOW this drama is a masterpiece. I don't know how they managed to make all the episodes equally amazing seriously can't wait for next week's episodes. As for the accomplice i don't think BHS needs to have an ASPD to be the accomplice like some comments suggests here. Also whatever we've seen of the accomplice looked more like him than his father. But yeah his actions so far is confusing and makes him looks like someone who's incapable of murder. I hope they'll have a good explanation for that if he was the accomplice. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

Hi! :) My opinion was that when he took it off he also took off his identity as Baek Hee Sung and became Do Hyun Soo again. He was very shocked and confused when Cha Ji Won took off the ring and didn't understand why she did it. For him the ring represents not only his feelings for and his connection with his family, his wife and daughter. But it also represents him as Baek Hee Sung.

That's my take on it but I'm curious to read other theories about it. :D

Wow! That does make a lot of sense. xoxo thanks a lot!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, lovelyUnicorn said:

3. Idk but I don't really understand Ji-won. When she realized what's in that cassete tape then she throwed her anger towards that psychiatrist. Come on girl, you're the one who burned that thing

I think, she's mad towards the psychiatrist because first of all, she did not do her job properly. Like most of the village people, she's swayed by her prejudices. She just diagnosed Hyun Soo with ASPD, but did not really look more into his condition and why he's behaving like that. She also did not give him proper treatment (as far as I know). After she diagnosed Hyun Soo with ASPD, that's it.

So, I totally can relate to Ji Won on this, to be honest, psychiatrists in my country are very few (around 700 only from what I remember) and people with mental illness are ignored and not getting proper treatment. Aside from depression, there are documentaries in our country that showed people with schizophrenia are being tied on their own houses like prisoners because their family does not know how can they help their family member. It's sad. 

4. Detective Choi is so sharp. He's the closest person who fitted definition of police detective (in my opinion) in the team. Hope he stay alive.

Me too. omo Shin Yong Jae, love his voice

Actually, in my own opinion, Detective Choi represents those police officers who are single-minded, swayed by their prejudices, always think that they are right and would not bother researches. Of course he could be different, he still solved many cases, but somehow he still fitted on that category, I hope the upcoming episodes up to the end would showed his improvement as a logical and upright police officer. I still liked his humor tho. I know he's gonna get it, I just hope in episode 11, he would not blow everything up. So far, in my opinion, the most logical detective is their team leader then followed by Ji Won.

The rookie detective is cute, btw, although he's so gullible at times. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, lovelyUnicorn said:

Toughts on ep 10:

1. I really like Moo-jin, he showed his mature side and sincerely help Hae-soo and that's exactly what she needs right now

2. Hyun-soo, poor thing T_T his life is in danger now

3. Idk but I don't really understand Ji-won. When she realized what's in that cassete tape then she throwed her anger towards that psychiatrist. Come on girl, you're the one who burned that thing

3. The reason Ji Won burned the cassette with Hyun Soo's mother's voice is because the psychiatrist said it was his "trigger" for violence. That's why she was so angry. Aside from ruining her husband's life with a misdiagnosis and wrong treatment, the psychiatrist's incompetence caused Ji Won to burn something that was precious to her husband. 

• Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Something I've been thinking more and more about... 

I suspect beak man wo i. e. the father may have killed Do min seok after finding out what he and his son have been upto... And made it look like suicide.

I still think its real BaekHS:

1. He cried weirdly at the funeral. Can't see Baek Man wo crying like that but it's similar to Baek Hs.

2. Gangster said they used  to always be together. Perhaps he found solace in Do min seok as a father figure. 

3. Baek man wo said to Baek HS when he woke up from the coma, you can have a normal life etc. Like he knew what his son was upto and wanted his son to get back to the normal life and forget the past. Perhaps the mother knew too and accidently hurt him in order to stop him. 

4. The mother acted impulsively when the little one showed signs of a genius and was against it. 

5. An accomplice doesn't have to do the killing so saving DHS from the car accident doesn't mean anything. He could just be the delivery man of material. 

Or if he is the real killer, he gets thril from killing women so a car accident doesn't tickle his fancy. 

6. And lastly, the accomplice called the witness ahjumma so he was clearly younger, no? 

Loving theorising and reading theories!!! 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

I am guessing BHS is the real accomplice. The short nails and "didn't see him in quite some time". The accomplice said that Do Minseok helped him once and we all know that BMW is the type of person who demands perfection in everything. BHS might have been frustrated with this and then met Do Minseok somehow ( maybe he was volunteering or visiting that hospital with his father) Do Minseok might have been warm and affectionate with him and saw potential in him so groomed him to be a killer. The eyes that Haesoo saw also didn't seem like an old man's eyes. 

BMW can also be the accomplice. Do Minseok could have found out that BMW was involved in his wife's missing case or murder but before he could anything BMW killed him. 

Jung Mi Seok's body still hasn't been found I think it will play a part in solving the mystery.

Haesoo has suffered a lot and is still suffering. I wish for her happiness. Kim Moojin is also redeeming himself. I don't want any of the main characters to die.

For some reason, I feel like the drama would end with Jiwon living with her daughter in the countryside and remembering DHS. Though the perfect ending would be Do Hyun Soo, Cha Jiwon and Eun Ha living happily together and Kim Moojin and aunt Do Haesoo visiting them. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

Okay So I have been reading theories. Some are adamant that Baek Hee Song is the accomplice. Yes he could be as many said he was crying crazily in the funeral. But let's be clear about one thing, both Baek Hee Song and Baek Man Woo don't have ASPD. Baek Man Woo is the power hungry, perfectionist type of person, but does not have ASPD and so does his son. Many found his crying odd, they need to consider that the person woke up from coma after 15-16 years. His life is not his, his name is no longer his. He totally lost his identity. So I kind of understand why he reacted like that. 

What actually intrigues me is the fact that the killings stopped. Serial killers don't suddenly stop killing. But then again, Baek Hee Song went into coma some years after his death, 3 years I guess. Chances are as many have theorized that he was going to meet a woman before his accident. Yes, but that is too common for a person to meet a woman. I mean he even told his mom after waking up that he was going to see a woman. About the fact that the accomplice called the witness "Ajhumma" in his recording, even middle aged men call women they don't know that. About being together with Do Min Seok and helping him does make it look like Baek Hee Song is the accomplice. But helping once does not really mean finding solace. Let's not forget that the link between Baek Man Woo and Do Min Seok could be that psychiatrist centre (nursing home whatever you call it). So Do Min Seok and him have at least met once and so their relationship could have happened.

As for that police man, he is the typical type of detective who does not hesitate to play dirty, is nosy, so he'll be directly killed by the killer. Mark my words, these kind of nosy people always die, and both Moo Jin, and this detective are the nosy ones and have the higher chances of dying. Him being the accomplice is least likely in my opinion. 

So I am still placing my bet on Baek Man Woo. 

As for Baek Hee Song's accident which caused him go in coma, I really wanna see how it happened and how his mother is connected with it.

Also I am really excited about 11th episode. Seeing Hyun Su actually cry while running away in his car shows how much he has changed without actually knowing about it. I even loved it how he called his sister to Moo Jin early in the morning just to discuss Ji Won having fight with and breaking up with him. The fact that Hyun Su cried means that he is starting to feel emotions and also show them. Hopefully in the end we'll see them together happily settled somewhere peaceful.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

On 8/26/2020 at 10:26 PM, Nodame said:

Cute scene of DHS  bringing a very pregnant JW into their place (beautifully decorated).

OMG so romantic. She has him touch her stomach (he feels her Eun Ha move).

Then JW tells him to say something to their baby too. (Aww)

DHS is very awkward when asked to do it. The clearing of his throat first (cute) and then kneeling down to be at level with JW's very pregnant stomach. He preciously places his hands on her stomach. We just moved to our new home. Hope you like the color.

JW said she will like it.

Husband of the year goes to Hyun Soo. He is a unicorn:fullofhearts:

48d64278e63bb25b26449492719d61750b404915

21e9545a0e9e833a157d9ec67c86a55d8f7305bf

8c537c32789db9ce1496e5b4cf63798dd4ad7965

• Like 4
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Erika Song said:

Actually, in my own opinion, Detective Choi represents those police officers who are single-minded, swayed by their prejudices, always think that they are right and would not bother researches. Of course he could be different, he still solved many cases, but somehow he still fitted on that category, I hope the upcoming episodes up to the end would showed his improvement as a logical and upright police officer. I still liked his humor tho. I know he's gonna get it, I just hope in episode 11, he would not blow everything up. So far, in my opinion, the most logical detective is their team leader then followed by Ji Won.

The rookie detective is cute, btw, although he's so gullible at times. 

I believe police choi has great sense of putting together.  He is like a puzzle solver. Even if there are numerous pieces , he will be able to create one complete picture. 
i think it is not that choi didnt like do hyun su. But rather he was able not to be swayed by the happy social picture DHs was putting i front of others. He knew something doesnt make sense so wasnt able to trust DHS. Once he knows about DHS in detail, he might side with him.   

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

8 hours ago, violina said:

Husband of the year goes to Hyun Soo. He is a unicorn.

We started the show thinking he is the worst husband but he turned out to be the best husband of the year ( if we ignore that identity part). I want wed to come faster but I also don't want them to separate. :brokenheart:

@Sleepy Owl I didn't find BHS's crying odd I actually pitied him a bit. But if they gave DHS BHS's identify for their own gain then why the son was begging his Dad to let him talk to DHS. Or they didn't tell their son everything? If he really was the accomplice then he wouldn't have been requesting and begging his family. He would have just rid of him. Although his father already seemed like he made the plan when he gave DHS money. I am confused again about the accomplice.

It's fun (and stressful :lol:) to watch a show where you can't really predict anything. I am impressed with the writers. There's hardly anything in the show that happens for no reason. I had honestly forgotten about Kim Moo Jin's recorder but they used it in such a brilliant way. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, -Love Blossom- said:

We started the show thinking he is the worst husband but he turned out to be the best husband of the year ( if we ignore that identity part). I want wed to come faster but I also don't want them to separate.

The wife award of the decade goes to Cha Ji Won:heart3:

I’m so glad that Jiwon is willing to stay beside hyunsoo despite not being able to know exactly the whole story of his past. To me, this drama is the perfect example of a melodrama, even though it might seem more of a thriller or suspense based one, I feel like the main storyline they’re trying to bring out is the character development of Hyunsoo, from him not understanding any sort of emotion and hiding everything from his family to at last embracing love, as well as learning to trust.

61000bf0489e37dc52d1176e1790b59bfbb2d0e8

eb17f15b3f8ef787869ca82c61cd0330d181ff0b

• Like 5
  • Love 2

On 8/27/2020 at 6:18 PM, Samuel Yohanes said:

Guys after seeing do hae su i think she was so sad :(

I mean yeah she didnt become the culprit of Head village case but whats the point when she feel the guilt her whole life and her life looks like a mess. 

If only....

On 8/27/2020 at 4:21 PM, aisling said:

I have to say I’ve suspected Hae Soo to be a murderer or an accomplice but she keeps surprising me every episode. She seems to be a genuinely kind person who cherishes her little brother above all. I’m surprised how well she knows and understands him. That’s why she regrets what she did to him in the past. I think that’s her biggest regret - that she let him take the blame for killing the foreman. She went to see the foreman to beg him to stop bullying her brother and he probably wanted something gross in exchange. No wonder she killed him.

Hae Soo is just as pitiful as Hyun Soo. What makes it worse is that at least Hyun Soo has a safe haven in Cha Ji Won and Eun Ha.She has no one. Watching Kim Moo JIn in episode 10, he is slowly redeeming himself but I want him to do a bit more to convince me that he is worthy of her. She said she has depression and insomnia.I hope she doesnt do a "noble idiocy" thing for Hyun Soo's sake.Its going to damage him even more.He obviously loves his wife and child.But noona has a special place in his life too.She is the reason he took the blame for the village murder in the first place.

750a968d3ebd056d11bfaddee38d2b44d38af946

6d80416a49ce1b84b659f658bebc306404da1797

55fd0d803d0326b635a58a741ea8f55eb6a8a037

• Like 7
  • Love 1