[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

3 minutes ago, Tuiwgn said:

Back reading - wow so many plausible theories. 

What I like to add though is sister Do Hae Soo. Her first appearance in the drama at the filming site, doing the dead body’s make up. When the director asked for “more fresh look” , her response was “have you ever seen a real dead body..” What did these lines imply? Was she there when all the murders  happened ...was she her farher’s accomplice ? 

cant wait for next week!

also Do Hae Soo also saw the village foreman dead body...so far my guesses were wrong...I would have never suspected that taxi driver. :facepalm: Too many possible suspects.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, bombshellchick1 said:

also Do Hae Soo also saw the village foreman dead body...so far my guesses were wrong...I would have never suspected that taxi driver.  Too many possible suspects.

I know, that was brilliant and how they explained the victim mistook the killer asDHS too was explained well!

that’s why this drama got us hooked!

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1

I think it's the Baek's son who was driving the car that hit him. That was the sequence they were showing while the real BHS was in the coma. However, why was he in the coma? Still unclear what lead to Hyun Su standing in for the real Baek Hee Sung except maybe to cover up the car incident. Interesting that the Baek's maid is mute. 

• Like 10

9 hours ago, reddragon said:

This drama is so fun to watch. It's thrilling and makes you anticipate things. What you think right now will change when the scene changes. The storytelling and the movement of the plot are very good. You feel the tension, you go on a chase with the actors, breathe a sigh of relief, but then you're in for another suspenseful scene when you haven't fully filled your lungs with air. Yet you don't get exhausted.

Do MIn Seok is already dead, right? So what Hee Sung is seeing is just a product of his imagination.

I wonder how many layers Hee Sung's character has. We already know that he's a victim of bullying and guilty by association. Many people wove urban legends about him, and others believe that he's the culprit because they want to hide their own guilt, while others continue to throw unfounded rumors about him because they did Hyun Su wrong when they were younger, just like that Chinese chef who stole Hyung Su's entire savings and tried to kill him.

We don't know yet why he killed the foreman in his hometown. We have to unravel his association with the Baeks and how/why they ended up posing as a family. Is he a psychopath or a sociopath. At the same time, a different side of Ji Won surfaces from time to time. She was scary when she was talking in the bathroom with that social worker who killed the senior citizen because she had to climb several flights of stairs every time she visits.

What will happen when the real Baek Hee Sung wakes up from his coma?

I think it's the Baek's son who was driving the car that hit him. That was the sequence they were showing while the real BHS was in the coma. However, why was he in the coma? Still unclear what lead to Hyun Su standing in for the real Baek Hee Sung except maybe to cover up the car incident. Interesting that the Baek's maid is mute. 

Ji Won for sure is a mystery. If there's anyone we know so little about it's her. I remember reading an early article about the show and that they describe it as "criminal hiding in plain sight", I wonder if it also refers to her. But I think it would be an overkill if they make Ji Won a criminal, too. 

Which leads us to Moo Jin. 

I'm wondering what's in Moo Jin's camera footage which Hyun Su is keeping hostage. Didn't Hyun Su said something along the line "do you find joy in watching it? If you did something then the serial killing would've ended." So, what's pretty clear is that Moo Jin has committed a crime in the past and that it might have something to do with Do Min Seok and Hyun Soo's sister.

Ahhh. Sufjan Steven's John Wayne Gacy Jr. keeps playing in my head, especially the final verse. The analogy that everyone has secrets and capable of evil. If you haven't heard the song yet, give it a go. It's hauntingly beautiful. 

• Like 13

hello all - i just started watching this & thot of checking here if there's a thread & voila! :) i think it's a nice drama esp with  both LJK & MCW 2 of my fave actors! am i the only one who noticed LJK's complexion w/c is flawless? woah he seems younger than ever? amazing!

anyway, let me go back & watch & maybe after a few more epi i'll be able to chat at length!

wave wave to all! :approves:

• Like 12
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

I am glad LJK did not kill the reporter, I almost wanted to give up this drama last week coz I couldn't root for a ML who is a killer.

You can root for FL lol.

As for the possibility of the sister being the murder of the village foreman. I don't think it's far fetched speculation of her character. Because she doesn't need to be messed up or violent to do that as it could be out of self defence. Hyun So seemed to be too traumatized to commit a murder and it would be too stupid even for a high school kid to carry the crime weapon around in his bag. But he probably was the one who accompanied his father and that's why he's traumatized. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Just watched episode 4, that was quite an ending! I didn't think they'd have her figure out so soon that he's tied to the case, but I guess the rest of the show will be her determining what actually happened and if he's the murderer...? I'm sure episode 5 is going to even more of a rollercoaster, both because she now knows about his involvement and because the swimming pool scene looks like it'll be intense. Anyway, LJG is killing it (no pun intended :lol:) It's an interesting character. 

• Like 13
  • Love 1

Episode 4&5 were brilliant. I love the pace of the story, nothing is being too dragged and the police doesn’t behave like bunch of idiots for once. 

Do Min Seok with his demon black eyes seriously makes me shivering. They chose the right actor to portray such a creepy character. 

Do Hae Soo was definitely involved somehow. Maybe she was the one killing the head of the village or it was Do Hyun Soo who killed him while protecting his noona (maybe she was raped or something like this).

• Like 11
  • Love 1

enjoyed reading everyone's insights and theories. the pace is amazing and i really like the dark theme of this drama. a breath of fresh air, honestly!

i believe i'm more interested in knowing about Ji-won's past because we're literally clueless about her. it also makes me wonder why she chose to be a detective in the Violent Crime section. i think it has something to do with her family (?)

Do Hae-soo for sure seems very guilty. Hyun-soo must've had to face the consequences of that incident due to his antisocial tendencies. he looks like he is capable of killing people but i don't think he was the one behind the murder. it'd be a bit too obvious. his sister might've played a huge part in it, though. let's see how the story unfolds.

the portrayal of his (supposed) personality disorder is great so far. it's very detailed and significant. the way his facial expressions change gives me the creeps. i like everything about this drama so far, definitely has the potential to be the best one this year! 

• Like 13

7 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

hello all - i just started watching this & thot of checking here if there's a thread & voila! :) i think it's a nice drama esp with  both LJK & MCW 2 of my fave actors! am i the only one who noticed LJK's complexion w/c is flawless? woah he seems younger than ever? amazing!

anyway, let me go back & watch & maybe after a few more epi i'll be able to chat at length!

wave wave to all!

No, you are not the only one:rolleyes: not only great complexion but a very smooth torso too:lol:

4 hours ago, aisling said:

They chose the right actor to portray such a creepy character. 

Totally agree!

as a matter of fact, great casting all and all. They even found a look alike for young BHS!

3 hours ago, jazz85 said:

i miss them already,..hope they release lots of interviews and i also want photoshoot

Me too!

and please please , don’t make us wait two years for another project!:please:

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Spoiler

So i watched the Kakao talk and HJ says her character is dark. Well i didn't expect that even if i thought she killed the village's head. I thought she did it in self defence. It could be a mistranslation though. 

• Like 8
  • Wiggle 1

Yesterday I was here talking about how much I want Jiwon to figure things out and for her and Heesung to help each other. But I just watched all teasers and highlights to see if I missed any important scenes... Things may be completely different than I though!! lmao 

Spoiler

Why didn't I thought about her investigating behind his back? From some scenes out of highlight you can kinda guess that's what she is going to do... 

In one scene we see her crying in front of a fire pit, looks like she is burning clothes, could that be evidences? Will she try to cover things for Heesung before she gets the whole picture of his situation? 

FKOZTCp.jpg

QDrgQvK.jpg

LPZodU4.png

Another she is holding their family register, that makes me think she will be investigating the Baeks as well. 

JQm7qpv.jpg

VZfhec1.jpg

There's one scene she takes him to (what looks like) Hyunsoo's abandoned home, and the look on his face is so suspicious, "Why is she taking me here? Does she knows something?" My guess is that she will be already knowing by then, and will be throwing these situations to see his reaction and what not. That's when she says "If we go inside, we might never get out(??)"

u4W7vhO.jpg

gCe5NKX.jpg

Zhhdulh.jpg

All this comes around to that one line Heesung's mom saying Jiwon is two faced! 

I always forget she is not a innocent woman! She show us for a second she can go complete 180 if she needs to. Both of them are wearing masks.

I don't know why I didn't thought of this before!!!??

Forget what I said earlier, this may be even more interesting as a viewer! lol 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 9
  • Thanks 1

@hazelyeot That sounds plausible. Jiwon is a smart cop it is unlikely that she never found anything odd about her husband so maybe she has already taken the pill to ignore them. And when she will find more evidence against him she might destroy them without confirming with BHS to protect her happy family. Later BHS might tell her that he is innocent or wasn't involved in any of the serial killings and then they might work together to clear DHS's name.

For some reason I think he has committed at least one murder in a fit of anger or on a spur of a moment not in self defense or something like that. Otherwise this doesn't fit the dark mood of the drama. I still cannot forget that scene of the highlight when he was about to strangle her. He always said that he wants to protect his current life which means his wife and daughter. I wonder what went wrong between them that he was willing to kill the person whom he protected with his body few days ago. Though I am pretty sure that he didn't go through it in the end. 

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2020 at 9:28 PM, stella77 said:

I like the show making it quite clear that his condition -  ADP - doesn’t meant he doesn’t have any emotions or can’t emote feelings. It’s more about how internally he has difficulties to process them and respond according to social norms (or like regular people). LJK is doing great in his role so far. I can feel his internal confusions and conflicts. 

yes he may have and feel some emotions...anyway because of this drama I did a bit of research about APD... hehehe

https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/types/psychological/adp.php

We now know he got some sort of child abuse/bullying etc when he was young, that cause his APD worsen. But  I think when he met his wife Jiwon, he 'might' feel better and better (maybe feel love-but not realizing it) and I think over the years, his 'ghost' father showing less and less. They show us 14 years ago his ghostly father kept showing but now we don't see him much, and only see one 'happy' family. So I assume that's why he 'needs' Jiwon and said in the beginning ep 1, when he talked to his parents "they were meant for each other". He wants to be good and live peacefully with his family but of course now the past follows him....

Anyway, love love love this drama so much, I'm a huge fan of LJG so I'm so happy he picks the right drama. 

• Like 9
  • Love 3

Hi, it's been a really long while that I've been to this forum due to personal reasons.  Now, I'm glad to be back.

I am so happy to see LJ and MC as lead in this melodrama drama about the psychology and notoriety in Korea.  Baek Seung is a psychology victim of gossiping due to his abnormal behavior that is still somewhat foreign to the folks and his serial killing father.  Everyone predicted that he'll be like a monster like his father and was abused by his villagers and schoolmates to no end.  He's likely have a high aggression scale chart since he will attack brutally when he was pushed too far.  Even after he escaped after the foreman was killed, there still people who judged him due to his abnormalities and his father's influences/shadows. 

When he met Ji Won, he still showed visibly these traits during their interactions in their FB like why she likes him.  Guess her persistent and her never give up attitude started to influence him as he started to smile without knowing it.  She was the 1st to treat him like a human being and her presence protected him from his father's shadows.

Now he is a father with Ji Won as his loving wife and a daughter who adores him, all he wanted was to live peacefully his life.  Now his past is catching up due to the murder of his old roommate and the police is slowly uncovering his identity.  

Ji Won is one impressive woman.  She can go a loving doting wife/mother to a badass officer who doesn't take crap at the culprits' attitudes.  When the murder occurred and the possible suspect has an anti social behavior, it seems she was more keen in knowing the individual traits while everyone in her team see this one as a freak.

I love ep.4 because it didn't like delay the killer's identity  like most crime dramas.  It confirms that Hee Seung does loves his wife that he protected her from the tools dropping on her without second thought.  Judging the amount, it was enough to land her in the hospital if he didn't intervene.  I also enjoy his banters with Moo Jin as that moron reporter tried to trick him over but ended up a failure.

After watching the highlight trailer again,  

Spoiler

it seems that Ji Won will try to study his conditions.  After learning his secrets, it looked like she'll try to help Hee Seung dealing his traumas by going to his father workshop to confront his demons and learned the full truth of what happened.  Then all the sudden, he will be under his father's influence as he slowly comes towards her with his pleading eyes and seized her throat while she didn't fight back nor run

• Like 15
  • Insightful 1