[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

14 hours ago, Aolian said:

but I would have preferred him to ask her to use him as a shield, and her to pay him back and heal him because she wants to and feels bound to is much better than their current arrangement.

OHHHH I LOVE THIS. I would so melt if he actually did this instead! I feel like right now, Seokhoon is willing to do whatever Rona wants as long as she stays. But I could actually foresee one day he would have to choose between his twin sister and Rona.. aw man.

7 hours ago, lilcrash said:

They have started shooting Season 2.

FINALLY!!! excited! 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 4:37 AM, lilcrash said:

Park Eun-seok immigrated to the States when he was 7 years old and have lived in New York for over 15 years before moving back to South Korea when he was 22 years old because he wanted to become an actor, that's why his English pronunciation is good.

Merry Christmas from Logan Lee/Park Eun-seok and Soo-ryeon/Lee ji-ah ~~~

Credit: Park Eun Seok's instagram https://www.instagram.com/_____silverstone_____/ 

Here's a Q&A which Lee Ji-ah did with Allure Korea where she explains Soo-ryeon's style of clothing. There's english subs, just turn on the closed caption on youtube.

She said when Soo-ryeon has to look feminine she wears a blouse and when she has to look tough she wears trench coats or suits.

If you are interested in Soo-ryeon or Seo-jin's fashion in the drama, have a look at https://www.instagram.com/kdrama_fashion/  

Glad LJA got invited to more variety shows after her appearance on SBS Running man.

She was on the show On & Off Episode 30 - 2020 November 28.

She will be a guest on Delicious Rendezvous episode tonight, preview below.

Reveal hidden contents

They have started shooting Season 2.

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you for all this. I also did not know that about Park Eun Seok. I was so impressed with his pronunciation as just a broadcast major, so your explanation makes more sense.

And yes, I follow that KDrama fashion account already. Haha.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!

On 12/24/2020 at 12:08 AM, sonequeen01 said:

This is debatable. I always thought Su Ryeon was the main protagonist since Lee Ji Ah's name is always listed first while Eugene's name is always listed 3rd. And just because you're a protagonist, it doesn't mean you won't kill anyone. 

i thought at first that is was  kim so yeon the first female lead  here, even if her character is that  one of the bad guy

if we count , she has the most of screen time since the first episode so far

8 hours ago, marrez1 said:

i thought at first that is was  kim so yeon the first female lead  here, even if her character is that  one of the bad guy

if we count , she has the most of screen time since the first episode so far

The writer also had another drama with 3 female protagonists so we can easily say it's the same case here. She also likes to give her villains more screentime than the good guys which is why the actors who play the villains usually get more recognition. 

• Like 1

We got some nominees for the Daesang award but Kim So Yeon, Namgoong Min, and Han Seok Kyu are the 3 most talked about.

Article: '2020 SBS Drama Awards' top 6 most deserving of the daesang

Source: Insight via Instagram

1. [+859] Kim So Yeon no matter what...

2. [+441] Kim So Yeon for daesang!

3. [+391] Kim So Yeon no matter what

4. [+317] Kim So Yeon no matter what ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+266] I think it'll be between Han Suk Kyu or Kim So Yeon

6. [+145] Kim So Yeon

7. [+107] Not Eugene..

8. [+98] Nam Goong Min

9. [+88] Either between Nam Goong Min or Han Suk Kyu..?

10. [+75] I wish Kim So Yeon will stay in character as Cheon Seo Jin when she accepts the award

11. [+73] I was so sad to see no one mentioning Kim Hye Soo ㅠㅠㅠ I support her for 'Hyena'

12. [+55] Kim So Yeon 

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2020/12/who-is-favorite-pick-to-win-2020-sbs.html

• Like 1

Just want to correct the "bone marrow transplant" procedure that Seol Ah has supposedly endured.

This is NOT how it is done nowadays. It is now called "Stem Cell Transplant", and in majority of the cases, donating "Stem Cells" is just like donating blood. Very easy, no anesthesia, pain free except the initial needle prick into your vein. They get all the stem cells they need from your blood - no need to "drill" into your bone at all.

And of course, adopting an orphan just for the purpose of getting stem cells makes no sense. You don't need to do that. Finding a stem cell match is the most difficult part. And the stem cell match database is global, and you can get stem cell donor and donation from any part of the world, if there is one. No need to adopt.

And "selling" orphans to rich families who need a stem cell transplant won't work, as getting a stem cell match from a small group of kids in the orphan is next to impossible. Obviously, this is drama, and these details are not important.   Just don't want it to perpetuate the false scary image when people hear about "bone marrow transplant".

But I encourage anyone between 18 to 35 to register as stem cell donors. It can really save lives. Only need a swab in your mouth to register, and donating stem cells is just like donating blood.

Edited by nosnoop
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, nosnoop said:

Just want to correct the "bone marrow transplant" procedure that Seol Ah has supposedly endured.

This is NOT how it is done nowadays. It is now called "Stem Cell Transplant", and in majority of the cases, donating "Stem Cells" is just like donating blood. Very easy, no anesthesia, pain free except the initial needle prick into your vein. They get all the stem cells they need from your blood - no need to "drill" into your bone at all.

That is incorrect. My mother recently had to have bone marrow because she had B-Cell cancer. It was a very painful lengthy process! I should know since I was the donor!

1 hour ago, foreverempress said:

That is incorrect. My mother recently had to have bone marrow because she had B-Cell cancer. It was a very painful lengthy process! I should know since I was the donor!

Sorry about your mother's illness, and I hope she would get well soon.

But what I said was correct.  Nowadays, 70 to 80% of the stem cell transplant uses peripheral blood rather than bone marrow, and in some centers, 90+%.  

Just a few random thoughts about the latest episodes:

Yun-Hui, oh, girl, you are your own worst enemy. Even though her antics have been bugging me for about 75% of the time she is onscreen, I had to cheer when she finally landed a blow on Seo-Jin. That was effective! And I felt bad for her when she was crying after Seo-Jin's father cut her down - that incident in high school is still a huge trauma for her. But she finally hit Seo-Jin where it hurts.

And she did it without Su-Ryeon's help. No idea how she got Seo-Jin's father to that restaurant, but it worked. Seo-Jin's world really came crashing down.

And of course, the rest of the episode was epic. Makjang at its finest. Seo-Jin looked SO CRAZY!

I don't have an opinion about Yun-Hui killing Min Seol-Ah, except that this show is designed to always take it up a notch with the OMG factor, and well, it delivered.

As far as Yun-Hui maybe-dating Dante... well, I guess it just gets crazier.

What does anyone see in Dante? He's so... unctuous. Like even before we knew he was an evil murderer, he looked like a little weasel. But three of the main ladies are attracted to him at some point? Haha, okay.

Logan Lee is the gift that keeps on giving. I just laugh everything he is on screen. And why did Su-Ryeon have to stab him with a feather pen? Why ANYTHING? This show is nuts.

No opinion about Rona and Seok-Hoon except that she is a bit less annoying and he's playing the same role he did in "Extraordinary You," the melancholy chaebol progeny.

And everyone is mentally cracking up.

My prediction is that the entire series will end with Hera Palace on fire.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, nosnoop said:

Sorry about your mother's illness, and I hope she would get well soon.

But what I said was correct.  Nowadays, 70 to 80% of the stem cell transplant uses peripheral blood rather than bone marrow, and in some centers, 90+%.  

I don't know where you read that from but having to deal with oncologists for years and living in the city where St Jude is located, bone marrow is painful and is preferable especially with dealing B cell cancers. Is it as painful as be giving birth to my two children with no epidural? No. It is no walk in the park either.

The next season will be aired after the drama "Delayed Justice", and its final episode will be on the 6th of Feb.

That means we're expecting the next season to air on the 12th of Feb. I could be wrong though.

SPOILERS:

Spoiler

Anyway, just watched ep18 without subs. The ending scene was satisfying and unsatisfying at the same time. Satisfying because the evil people were locked up and panicking and I loved how the kids watching the chaos while they can't do anything about it. Unsatisfying because theybwon't die so soon and if they know that it was planned by LL and SSR, they are going to torment the poor duo further.

I almost teared up when I saw the scene with MSA, who barely escaped the car explosion. Once again, it reminded me that I shouldn't have sympathy to SH. 

• Like 3

Haha, what is even happening? :astonished::neutral::tounge_xd::weary: (my face while watching this show)

Yun-Hui's new attitude, "I'm a murderer anyway, so I might as well just be evil now by sleeping with the devil and wearing more eyeliner." Aside from the general disappointment that she is now just another piece of trash, it just makes her character paper-thin.

Kind of enjoyed the look on Seok-Hun's face while watching the video feed of the parents being mildly tortured while Logan threatened to kill them. The other kids are screaming and crying, "Mommy!" But he kind of seemed like, "Hmmm, I don't know if I care if my dad dies."

So, as predicted, this will turn into some "Lord of the Flies" situation where everyone will betray each other to try and save themselves. So I guess tomorrow's episode is: flailing and crying! Flailing and crying some more. Then some screaming, and breaking stuff.

But no worries. You can't break apart the Hera Club gang because the prospect of making more money will bring them back together.

It was genuinely gross when Yun-Hui and Dante began kissing. OOOOH, BARF. But it is freaking hilarious when Logan and Su-Ryeon are giving each other sexy looks.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

On 12/24/2020 at 5:04 AM, Fabbo said:

But if she was really the killer they could have just let her sleep with Yoon-Chul. They are teasing a lot of grey areas which i love but ultimately they will keep her clean.

So much about that part :D

Omg what an episode.

I am surprised by the reactions here. I thought this is what people wanted. I never expected Yoon-Hee to go there but i am all for it. 

Seems like the writers have gone blind in their greed for higher and higher ratings and abandoned any decency. Needless to say that i love it.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

Kind of enjoyed the look on Seok-Hun's face while watching the video feed of the parents being mildly tortured while Logan threatened to kill them. The other kids are screaming and crying, "Mommy!" But he kind of seemed like, "Hmmm, I don't know if I care if my dad dies."

Glad to see that part. His twin sis was tearstruck. And he just ...

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

28 minutes ago, Fabbo said:

I am surprised by the reactions here. I thought this is what people wanted. I never expected Yoon-Hee to go there but i am all for it. 

Me too. There really wasn't much going on with YH's character other than her loyalty to her daughter and her partnership with SR. YH finally has a conflict of her own again and if it has to involve her turning evil then so be it. 

• Like 1