[Drama 2020] When My Love Blooms, 화양연화

0ly40

12 minutes ago, thistle said:

JH does seem to be overly relaxed with his misbehaving brat.  In the brat's defense (which he does not deserve, obviously), there was just the barest glimmer in episode 10 that seemed to indicate that he has some realization that he's doing wrong and that he could have caused harm.  That seemed hopeful.  Some bullies behave badly because they are afraid of being bullied themselves, and it kinda seems like JHSon could have been a target himself because dad was a jailbird so the kid may have been acting out to keep the other kids from beating him down.  If that is the case, then maybe with some guidance from JH, he could become a decent person one day.

You’re right. The kid did look like he felt a prick from his conscience. I still don’t understand parents who spoil their kids and are not concerned about their character. JH had better start to work on this before it’s too late. Just the conversation that the chairman and the kid had in the car says a lot. If that kind of influence continues, the kid will only persist in his wrong thinking which will result in wrong doing.

4 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

My weekly rant: How Much Se-Hoon Sucks. It turns out he's not even a very good lawyer, and just filed this wrongful death lawsuit to mess with Jae-Hyeon without any solid evidence. But while doing that, he messed with the emotions of a grieving father whose son died unfairly. Yup, you continue to suck, Se-Hoon.

I have a feeling the obsessed-ex will continue his push to legally mess with JH. Clueless fool doesn’t even know that JH is in fact a whistle blower trying to take down a corrupt man. I won’t say the corporation because they probably follow the chairman, the board and the chaebol wife who are all predators. There are innocent people who work there who probably doesn’t even realize the company chairman is corrupt. The chairman especially have absolutely no moral compass whatsoever. He’s on a high thinking he’s all powerful and untouchable and he just might be if he still manages to get away with all his sordid business dealings in the past.

As to the old man, it’s sad. I just hope he continues to quietly protest and not resort to anything extreme. Although he doesn’t know it, the day will is coming soon when he will get justice for his son. His story of his son and JH’s story of his father are quite similar. I admire JH’s perseverance in pursuing his goal while the stones are always thrown at him. He has a bad reputation and people vent their frustrations on him even while the bulk of it should be geared at the chairman and even chaebol wife who is responsible for the supermarket unfair employment practices.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About Jang San (Chairman of Hyung Sung):

http://program.tving.com/tvn/tvnblossom/6/Contents/Html

장산 (문성근)

재현의 장인이자 서경의 아버지.

"사냥개가 토끼 물어 왔다고..
토끼를 사냥개 주는 거 봤나?
사냥개는.. 사냥개 먹는 거 먹어야지.
자꾸 토끼에 눈독 들이면,
주인이 승질나지 않겠어?"

유통과 제조 분야의 대기업인 형성그룹의 회장. 이기적이고 고집스럽고 부지런한 구두쇠. 장사를 위해서는 불법이든 합법이든 가리지 않는다. 남한테는 십 원 한 장 거저 주는 법이 없고, 제 가족만 살뜰히 챙긴다.

처음엔 재현과의 결혼을 결사반대했지만, 계산기를 돌려 보고는 마음을 바꿨다. 어차피 서경 말고는 후계자가 없는 상황. 머리가 좋지 않은 서경에게 회사를 맡길 수는 없었다. 똑똑한 재현을 이용하기로 했다. 생각보다 더 충실하게 사냥개의 역할을 해준 재현이 기특했다.

그럼에도 불구하고... 재현은 남일 뿐.
장씨가 아닌 한씨에게 회사를 물려줄 순 없다.

I won't translate this word-for-word, but basically he agreed to let Jae-Hyeon marry his daughter because he doesn't have an heir, and Seo-Kyeong isn't smart enough to inherit the company. :lol: So he decided to use Jae-Hyeon who was smart, but he never had any intention of giving him the company.

--

ETA: I'll just translate it.

Chairman of Hyung Sung Group, a large conglomerate in manufacturing and distribution. Selfish, stubborn and diligent cheapskate. When it comes to business, he does not distinguish between illegal and legal acts. He would not give a penny to anyone else, only takes care of his family (frugally).

He was absolutely opposed to (his daughter's) marriage with Jae-Hyeon, but changed his mind after "pounding his calculator." He has no heirs besides Seo-Kyeong. And he could not leave the company to her because she is not smart. So he decided to use Jae-Hyeon who is smart. He found Jae-Hyeon praiseworthy for playing the loyal hunting dog even better than expected.

But no matter what, Jae-Hyeon is not family.

He cannot give the company to a "Han" who is not a "Jang."

My guess is that Jae-Hyeon always knew that Chairman Jang was responsible for his father's death, and that this is all a decades-long "Monte Cristo" type revenge plan. What better way to win your enemy's trust than to marry his daughter and father his heir, right? :lol:

:lol: Count of Monte Cristo is one of my favorite classical novels. Thankfully JH is more like Edmond Dantes than the Count who weirdly I got scared of near the end. Such a good story with an interesting debate on the morality of revenge. 

A little late, but watched this weekend episodes. I am really feeling bad for both JS and JH. So much they both have been true. I really want them to be happy in the end. Sure a big part of me want them to end up together after that painful separation in the past... But yeah so many things stand in their ways. I think we all was suspecting JH was taking down his father in law from the inside, but we got our answer. the big question that linger is if that was his intention from the start, or it grow after the marriage. Sure we gonna get our answer soon. 

I am glad they told the truth to their boys. I mean they are old enough to understand the part they told and I do think it is better telling your kids and explain. I mean often we adult think kids will not understand and therefor do not take time to talk with them. But I do think it is better siting down and have a conversation with them. I think this teach them about having hones conversation and how to share our thoughts and sure gonna open up for kids to start talk with their parents later about their troubles. I am glad writer show their kids reaction and parents-kids communication. Make this drama grounded to me :) 

Also have to say I like JH having that talk about ending the marriage and why. Theres no secret between them and he is honest. Sure I understand her wanting to fight for her marriage, but when he says theres no love there beside knowing he did found his long lost love. I think most people would have just agreed to the divorce and found an agreement about how to handle their son. But then there would not be a drama. :P 

JH is very swoony taking care of JS. Yeah there is no other woman for him as there is no other man for her. Their love is just so precious. :wub:

@thistle

Not entirely crazy that hypothesis of yours LoL. I've had some thoughts Joon Seo wasn't Jae Hyun's from the very beginning. He just seemed so disinterested in who's supposedly his child's upbringing. He's much much warmer toward Young Min, though I don't know if it's 'cause of his affections for Ji Soo..?    

New DCInside post from Director Kim Tae Yeop (Trans. enchantedyears. Source)

image.png

Hello, everyone!

It's been awhile since Director Kim dropped by to say hello!

It seems like I greeted you at the beginning stage of the broadcast, but before we knew it Episode 10 has already been aired!

Thanks to your love and interest, we are safely filming the second half of the drama. And this morning, finally, what's finally arrived, that thing is...

The script to Episode 16!

As I turned to the last page of the script, there was a dampness that came out from my eyes... That's right, without any doubt it was tears of emotion... While I was wiping away my tears before someone had seen them, a sense of duty bloomed in my heart like a shimmering haze. Yeah... Since I'm on DC Gallery, let's deliver these news...

And that's why I came here today with hope that I could slightly unpack your curiosity. Let's cut to the chase.

First question!

Are we not going to see Young Jisoo and Jaehyun scenes anymore?!

- They're coming out! You can keep seeing the appearance of Young Jaehyun and Jisoo until the last episode!

"Excuse me, Mr. Director! What are you talking about? We have clearly seen a confirmation of the heartbreaking farewell of Young Jaehyun and Jisoo! And didn't they get reunited again [as shown] on the first episode?!" (t/n: this is the director trying to copy the fans asking more questions lol)

- I can even hear your voice coming all the way here. Hehe... Well... I'm afraid that's all the answer I can give you...

Second question!

Is Joonseo Jaehyun's biological son?!

- You are correct, he is Jaehyun's biological son!

"Excuse me, Mr. Director! What are you talking about? From my ghost-like hunch, Joonseo doesn't seem like he behaves like Jaehyun's biological son. Why is that so!"

- I can [also] hear your voice saying that from here... But what can I do... It's correct that he is Jaehyun's biological son...

That's all the news I can deliver to you guys~

In addition to that, there is also trivial(?) question like whether the drama is going to have a happy ending or sad ending. But unfortunately, present-day Jisoo and Jaehyun are waiting for me on the filming set so it seems like I'll have to answer that next timeㅠㅠ

Until then, that's all from Director Kim!

Please show a lot of interest and love for the rest of the broadcast.

Here is a behind the scenes picture of the train scene that I cannot see without shedding tears!

Thank you^^

--

Previous DCInside posts from When My Love Blooms Directors:

Post #1 from Dir. Son Jung Hyun

Post #2 from Dir. Kim Tae Yeop

--

New Making Video! (I don't think anyone has posted this one?)

This was originally a double post of the one above. I'm gonna use this area for a DC Gallery post translation instead :lol:

Chronological Timeline of Young Jisoo and Jaehyun's Relationship (Source)

1590485678.gif

The exact period of scenes mentioned under "~" are not explicitly mentioned but happen some time after the previous event.

April 1993

- Jisoo and Jaehyun's first meeting at the demonstration site

~

- Jisoo picks up Jaehyun's cassette tape on the ground

- Jisoo at Jaehyun's keynote address, "I found you, Han Jaehyun."

- Jisoo goes to the university's Department of Law Student Room to meet Jaehyun and knocks on the door -> "I found you, Yoon Jisoo." (On the cassette tape is Jaehyun singing Deulgukhwa - Blessing while playing the guitar)

May 1993

- Love Letter movie, Hendrix Store, Nakwon Mall

~

- After a long period of courtship, Jisoo watches the movie Love Letter with Jaehyun -> "I won't give up! So you should give up! I will date Sunbae, even if it's the last thing I do!"

- Jaehyun goes to see Jisoo play the piano. Jisoo has no class every Wednesday on fourth period so she practices piano alone in Room 301 of the Music Building. (Jisoo plays Andre Gagnon - Comme Au Premier Jour on the piano)

- Jisoo looks for the Philosophy Solidarity Club that Youngwoo told her about?

- Jisoo visits "Today's Book" to find Jaehyun -> She then receives a book of poem collection as a gift from Jaehyun

- Jisoo meets Jaehyun at the bookstore for the second time. Bookshelf collapses.

December 1993

- Jaehyun sunbae who plays the foot volleyball like ballet

- Jisoo shows up last to the MT (overnight trip), Jaehyun who falls asleep while drunk gets carried on Jisoo's back.

(continued under spoiler tag)

Spoiler

January 1994

- Jisoo follows Jaehyun to "volunteer" in the slum area (t/n: which turns out to be a protest), Jaehyun keeps pushing Jisoo away but she says "To me, Sunbae is my belief and my world" "I'm going to live the world that Sunbae lives in as well" after that Jaehyun accepts Jisoo's heartㅠㅠ  Jaehyun: "Come to department room 310, there's a club/circle that I created... And we are dating starting from today."

- Jisoo gives the poetry book Lee Seung Bok - The End of that Summer that was once gifted by Jaehyun back to him. "From Jisoo to Jaehyun again, 1994.1"

May 1994

- Police catches Jisoo while she's trying to approach Jaehyun during the demonstration -> Jisoo gets slapped on the cheek by her father.

- Jisoo meets Jaehyun in front of her house, "Because you are a precious child of God"ㅠㅠㅠ

- During school festival period, Jaehyun experiences "puberty" in the form of doubts towards the direction of the protests from there onwards

- Jisoo goes on a blind date "He's my husband."

June 1994

- Jaehyun prepares to be the Chief Reporter for the upcoming Student Council Election + Part time jobs in campus

- A few days before Jisoo's birthday: fan scene on the hottest day of the year. Jaehyun finds out about Jisoo's birthday.

September 1994

- Jisoo's piano concert, confession of violence from her father -> train trip to visit the beach -> first kiss on the beach -> hot dog date at the market

- Jaehyun takes Jisoo (who doesn't want to go back home) to her home. Jaehyun requests Jisoo's parents to treat her warmly.

- Jisoo overhears her father asking someone to look for information about Jaehyun.

October 1994

- Jisoo watches the movie "Days of Being Wild" alone.

- Jisoo records Jaehyun's pager greeting.

- Telephone booth kiss in the rain.

December 1994

- Jisoo and Jaehyun exchange beeper shorthands that couples use (Jaehyun plays Jung Won Young - Child Who Counted The Stars on the guitar)

~

- Jaehyun teaches Jisoo how to play the guitar, he promises to buy Jisoo a guitar.

January 1995

- Jaehyun sees his mom while protesting.

February 1995

- Jaehyun, Jisoo and Dongjin watch the movie "Leon: the Professional" -> Jisoo purchases "Leon" the plant (aglaonema).

- Jisoo's father receives info about Jaehyun.

March 1995

- Cathedral asylee scene

~

- Jisoo's father puts Jaehyun's name on the wanted list under the suspicion of anti-government group creation.

- Jaehyun tells Jisoo that he is going to study for the bar exam and runs away.

- Jaehyun misses Jisoo when he sees flowers at the temple.

- Dongjin tells Jisoo the real reason why Jaehyun goes to the temple.

- Jisoo's father wants her to choose between sending Jaehyun to jail or to give him up.

- Jaehyun receives break up notification from Jisoo from the radio. Jisoo doesn't pick up his calls.

31 March 1995

- Jaehyun goes to find Jisoo and receives break up request for the second timeㅠ

1 April 1995 (April Fool's Day)

- Youngwoo stabs Jaehyun on the back resulting in Jaehyun being taken by the police.

April 1995

- Jaehyun meets Jisoo's father at the prosecutor's office and gets threatened about rotting in prison for years if he doesn't break up with Jisoo.

- Jaehyun opposes the threat, saying he will let the world know but he is in conflict when his parents and Jisoo's names are mentioned.

- Jaehyun gets imprisoned.

May 1995

- Jaehyun breaks up with Jisoo and gets released from prison.

- Jisoo's parents persuade her to study abroad in Germany

12 May 1995

- Jaehyun and Jisoo reunion at the airport -> run away to Gangchon -> "Love for a million years" -> Kiss at the Persimmon House

20 May 1995

- While Jisoo and Jaehyun are eating ice cream, Jaehyun gets taken away by the military police for violating the military service lawㅠ

(On the cassette tape is Jaehyun singing Kim Hyun Sik - You In My Arms while playing the guitar)

June 1995

- Jisoo who has returned to her house transfers "Leon" the plant from its pot to the ground at the cathedral, "We will be okay here, Leon."

29 June 1995

- Jisoo's second birthday after dating Jaehyun, Jisoo's first visit [to the military training camp] since Jaehyun enlisted in the army, collapse of the department storeㅠ

13 hours ago, Tango27 said:

this twist take this into quiet another place

I would say it makes JH look a little better...that he didnt sell himself to the devil but he made a pact with him... but what about the marriage and the kid >>>is this a suicide mission gone wrong ... did he intend this marriage to be a vehicle.........where was it going to stop anyway  

avengers usually become the bad guys eventually with some redemption ...

and finally  ... how did he manage to sneak his way into this family 

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"

I just can't understand revenge, that costed him a normal life. I don't think, that his father wanted him to become like this.

13 hours ago, thistle said:

JH does seem to be overly relaxed with his misbehaving brat.  In the brat's defense (which he does not deserve, obviously), there was just the barest glimmer in episode 10 that seemed to indicate that he has some realization that he's doing wrong and that he could have caused harm.  That seemed hopeful.  Some bullies behave badly because they are afraid of being bullied themselves, and it kinda seems like JHSon could have been a target himself because dad was a jailbird so the kid may have been acting out to keep the other kids from beating him down.  If that is the case, then maybe with some guidance from JH, he could become a decent person one day.  

I think, he just need someone attention. Parents ignored him, so he became someone, that couldn't be ignored. All his free time he spent on video games. he is just a lonely boy.

ac4e32018bb744718d3931840c469af3.jpeg?s=

GOT7’s Jinyoung Shares Thoughts On Receiving Positive Reviews For His Acting In “When My Love Blooms”

Spoiler

May 26, 2020
by L. Kim

GOT7’s Jinyoung has received positive reviews about his acting in tvN’s “When My Love Blooms.”

“When My Love Blooms” tells the story of college first loves Han Jae Hyun and Yoon Ji Soo, whose lives intertwine once again later in adulthood. Yoo Ji Tae and Lee Bo Young play the characters in the present day, while Jinyoung and Jeon So Nee play the characters during their college days.

Viewers were impressed that although Han Jae Hyun’s situation has changed throughout the years, his unique tone and way of talking remained the same.

Jinyoung said, “Sometimes, Han Jae Hyun is soft, and at other times, he can be very firm. To express that point, I practiced my tone by deliberately speaking slowly. Fortunately, it sounded similar to Yoo Ji Tae’s tone, so viewers seem to like it.”

got7-jinyoung1.jpg

Jinyoung’s delicate emotional performance is considered another key point that increases the immersion of the drama.

Concerning that, Jinyoung commented, “I wish I could express my feelings as written in the script, but I still lack a lot. Therefore, when faced with a particular situation, I think about the emotions and actions the character will feel. However, I’m not able to gather my emotions at every moment, so it’s not easy to act [a particular way].”

Lastly, Park Jin Young talked about playing a guitar in the drama. In order to perfect those scenes, he practiced with a teacher whenever he had the time. He explained, “There was a direction in the script that said, ‘play the guitar at a high level.’ I thought I had to play at a level where I’m able to play with my eyes closed or able to play as soon as I wake up.”

got7-jinyoung-1.jpg

“When My Love Blooms” airs on Saturdays and Sundays at 9 p.m. KST.

SOOMPI

@enchantedyears, many thanks for that timeline. It gives a clearer perspective on the scenes from the past. I’m glad to hear the younger version of the couple will continue to the end. I really have never seen it done like this but I enjoy both actors as well. 

So, there you have it. The kid is Jae Hyun’s biological son. I never doubted it but I still find it so odd that he’s a child of somebody like Jae Hyun who have/had such strong convictions about the rich abusing their power yet his son is a personification of this very thing. The irony of it all. 

About Jae Hyun and revenge, for me the jury is still out on that. I don’t know if he’s seeking revenge or seeking justice. It’s obvious his father was unfairly setup and driven to his death. It must have been hard for him to simply move past that and let it go when he thinks he has the ability to expose the evil that was done to his father and bring down those corrupt people. Added to that evil plot against his father was the fact that the people who were supposed to uphold and enforce the law were actually in collusion with the corrupt chairman to frame an innocent man. In the past I said that I didn’t understand why Jae Hyun doesn’t walk away from this situation but that was before I knew what was done to his father. As an outsider, even I am appalled by what they did to his father. Furthermore, the chairman has absolutely no remorse over driving an innocent man to his death. Now more than ever I want that man brought to justice especially when I hear him basically talking like he’s omnipotent in the country of SK. 

8 hours ago, enchantedyears said:

29 June 1996

- Jisoo's second birthday after dating Jaehyun, Jisoo's first visit [to the military training camp] since Jaehyun enlisted in the army, collapse of the department storeㅠ

Thanks for sharing the timeline @enchantedyears I had been thinking of making one myself but haven’t gotten around to do so. Anyway, I just wanted to point out that the above date should be in year 1995. 

Since I can't stop thinking about this show, let's learn more about Dong-Jin:

http://program.tving.com/tvn/tvnblossom/6/Contents/Html?h_seq=3

이동진 (민성욱)재현의 대학동창
"그러게, 인마~
내가 어드바이스 체계적으로 줬잖아.
미리미리 땡겨 놓으라고.."

개인 변호사 사무실을 가지고 있는 이혼 전문 변호사다. 지독한 실리주의자에 현실주의자. 돈 안 되는 일엔 애시당초 발을 담그지 않는다. 이혼 전문 변호사를 택한 것도 그런 맥락이다. 주로 돈 많은 측의 변호를 수임한다. 결혼도, 그런 맥락으로 했다. 돈 많은 집, 얼굴은 안 예쁜 딸내미와.

재벌 사위가 된 친구 재현이 기특하지만... 장인한테 개처럼 부림을 당하는 모습을 보아온 지라.. 별로 부럽지는 않다. 그래도 잘 사는 것 같던 재현이, 지수의 등장으로 흔들리는 모습이 불안해 죽을 지경이다. 왜 그렇게 돈 안 되는 거에 목숨 거는 지.. 아무리 짱구를 굴려도 모르겠다. 유쾌한 성정으로, 말 중간 중간 엉뚱한 영어를 섞어 쓰는 괴짜.

Lee Dong-Jin (Actor Min Seong-Wook) Jae-Hyeon's college classmate

"I told you, punk, I gave you advice many times to squirrel away some money."

He owns his own law firm, he is a lawyer who specializes in divorce. Extremely practical and realistic. Doesn't even think about doing anything if it won't make him money. That's the reason he chose to be a divorce lawyer. He usually only accepts appointments from clients who are rich. That is how he married, too. Rich in-laws, ugly wife. :lol:

He is proud of Jae-Hyeon for becoming a chaebol son-in-law but seeing him treated like a dog by his Father-in-law, he's not all that envious. But Jae-Hyeon still seemed to be doing well, so to see him all shook up when Ji-Soo returns is making him very worried. Why does Jae-Hyeon stake his life on something that won't make him any money? No matter how much he thinks about it, he doesn't understand. He has a cheerful nature and he's a weirdo who slips in bad English when he speaks.

--

과거 동진 (은해성)

법학과 91학번. 재현의 절친.

"...나도 심장 있어.
완전 뜨겁진 않아도, 따끈한 정도는 돼."

신입생 오리엔테이션 때부터 재현과 죽이 맞았다. 죽고 못 사는 친구 사이지만, 집안 형편이 좋지 않은 동진은 학생운동을 할 여유가 없었다. 4년 안에 사시 패스해서 더 이상 집에 손을 벌리지 않는 게 유일한 목표다. 역시 없는 집안 출신인 재현이, 그래도 누군가는 해야 할 일이라며 거리에 나선 게 답답하기도 하고 미안하기도 하다.

하나도 안 미안하다고 큰 소리 치면서도... 시험 족보도 챙겨주고, 레포트도 대신 써주고, 대리 출석도 해주는 가하면, 재현 바보인 지수와도 가끔 놀아줘야 하는... 은근 해주는 게 많은 친구다.

Dong-Jin of the Past (Actor: Eun Hae-Seong)

Law Studies, Freshman Class of 1991. Jae-Hyeon's best friend.

"... I have a heart, too. It's not hot, but it's warm."

He clicked with Jae-Hyeon right from Freshman orientation. They are so close, they can't live without each other, but because his family is not well-to-do, he does not have a the luxury of being a student protester. His sole goal is to pass the bar exam within 4 years so that his family won't have to give him money anymore. Jae-Hyeon is from a poor family, too - but he says that someone has to do it and takes to the streets (to protest). Dong-Jin finds that frustrating, but also feels sorry.

He shouts that he is not sorry at all, but helps Jae-Hyeon with test study notes, writing reports for him, and even attends classes so Jae-Hyeon won't be marked absent. He even spends time with Ji-Soo who is crazy about Jae-Hyeon... he is a friend who does a lot (for Jae-Hyeon).

50 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

There was something missing from May 12th 1995 timeline... They slept together! :lol:

Sorry for being perverted... but it is an important milestone for them right? :D

But in fact, there was never bed sense, they only hold together and also back hugs charmingly and gently. So I'm not sure they can have ... relation like all of us' thoughts.  

I have just finished watching the ep. 10 last night, surely cannot stop crying due the hard lives of JS and JH, they all lost family members as a mother, the younger sister in case of JS, and father in case of JH, nothing can compare the deepest pain in their hearts and minds. But they all escape each other oh maybe only JS made decision for disappearing from JH without notice or no goodbye word. She did not like to have to consider him as an innocent victim for her disaster. 

I feel so sad for both JS and JH. They’ve both been through so much.

I was glad to see more development on why JS disappeared when they were younger. What happened with her mum and older sister would have been so incredibly traumatic for her and then her dad took a turn for the worse following that event. No wonder why she blames herself even though it wasn’t her fault. It’s really sad seeing her bright optimistic younger self in the flashbacks and then seeing her being so broken now. I do love that she still sticks up for herself and those she cares about though. 

JH really makes me sad too. He wants to bring down the corrupt chairman but feels the pressures and responsibility of those around him that will be affected. I like that he still hasn’t entirely forgotten who he is and still wants to help people. What I really love about him is that he doesn’t hide behind excuses either. I felt a lot of respect and adoration for him when he didn’t blame JS’s son for hitting his own son (before he even knew it was JS’s son), he is empathetic and knew there was more to the story.

Generally I wouldn’t be cheering on a couple when one or both are in another relationship but I can’t help but cheer for JS and JH to get together again. It’s clear they were and are deeply in love and there have been multiple obstacles in their path to each other. While I don’t doubt that JH cares about SK, it’s obvious their marriage was already over before JS even reappeared. I mean she wasn’t even there to greet JH when he was released from prison (after taking the fall for her dad might I add) and she has been cheating on him (again even before JS came into the picture). SK is spoilt and I think she assumed JH would always stay no matter what she done because with her, he has status and money. Unfortunately that isn’t love though. I also appreciate that JH isn’t stringing SK along by giving her any false hope or promises, he keeps to himself and has been pretty open and honest with her but she refuses to let him go out of spite. 

I’m interested to know a bit more about JH’s motives on taking down his father in laws company too. If I’m not mistaken, looks like the next episode will elaborate on that a bit more. I do feel a little conflicted if he used SK to accomplish his overall plan because he did end up having a child with her but that’s another reason why I’d be curious to see a bit more of what’s happened in his life since JS left. I do think he had feelings for SK at some point along the way because he doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who’d have a child with just anyone.

Anyways I can’t wait for this week’s episodes. I am really enjoying watching them slowly open up to one another again and I cannot wait for them to finally reunite (with lots of passionate hugs and kisses of course :D).

1 hour ago, dodomummim said:

But in fact, there was never bed sense, they only hold together and also back hugs charmingly and gently. So I'm not sure they can have ... relation like all of us' thoughts.  

I have just finished watching the ep. 10 last night, surely cannot stop crying due the hard lives of JS and JH, they all lost family members as a mother, the younger sister in case of JS, and father in case of JH, nothing can compare the deepest pain in their hearts and minds. But they all escape each other oh maybe only JS made decision for disappearing from JH without notice or no goodbye word. She did not like to have to consider him as an innocent victim for her disaster. 

Heee... JH looks passionate enough, and JS is always willing to follow his lead. Who knows, the implications seemed to be headed to that direction....

But if we wanna be politically correct, ok... they did sleep together, side by side, hugging n very comfortable with each other :D:lol: n that was it... heeeee

Im getting too much perveted due to The King:D

3 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Heee... JH looks passionate enough, and JS is always willing to follow his lead. Who knows, the implications seemed to be headed to that direction....

But if we wanna be politically correct, ok... they did sleep together, side by side, hugging n very comfortable with each other :D:lol: n that was it... heeeee

Im getting too much perveted due to The King:D

It depends on our imagination :) but for me, I prefer deep kisses and more than hug but not so strong and burning as in American films. The most important thing of this drama is the chemistry of 2 couples in youth and current age. They are all adorable.   

I think JH had several deep kisses with JS already, honestly... and im sure it had went beyond platonic relationship... but its all good :D

Shows how we want those two to be really be in love and still going strong after 25 years. Unfair to their spouses perhaps but that is life... sigh...

2 hours ago, dodomummim said:

It depends on our imagination :) but for me, I prefer deep kisses and more than hug but not so strong and burning as in American films. The most important thing of this drama is the chemistry of 2 couples in youth and current age. They are all adorable.   

Just remember that JH almost choked on his ice cream or icicle when Ji Soo said they’ll have to figure out how to raise their kids. :lol: According to the timeline above, that’s eight days after they cuddled and slept together in Gangchon. They were so innocent.

Archived