[Drama 2020] When My Love Blooms, 화양연화

0ly40

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Is that JAEHYUN GOT STABBED BY THE OLD MAN WHO KIDS DIE IN THE PREVIEW??? OMG 

On 5/25/2020 at 3:15 PM, celebrianna said:

As to the old man, it’s sad. I just hope he continues to quietly protest and not resort to anything extreme. Although he doesn’t know it, the day will is coming soon when he will get justice for his son. His story of his son and JH’s story of his father are quite similar. I admire JH’s perseverance in pursuing his goal while the stones are always thrown at him. He has a bad reputation and people vent their frustrations on him even while the bulk of it should be geared at the chairman and even chaebol wife who is responsible for the supermarket unfair employment practices.

This is exactly what I feared come true. Thanks to Ji Soo’s ex for also stirring the pot and the old man’s pain of loss. I hope JH will be vindicated of this issue soon because he clearly said he didn’t have anything to do with it.

@enchantedyears, I don’t mind Youngmin staying with his father for now but I absolutely do not want Youngmin to live with his father permanently. 

So i guess next week

Based on preview.

Someone leak the photo of Jaehyun and Jisoo together eating at restaurant.

And the reporter asking when he came back in relationship with her again? 

So maybe his divorce is now up and running and he said that he wont livr together with SK when in divorce process.

And i believe the stabbing was when Jaehyun going to meet jisoo and bringing the flower but he got stabbed and thats why she is so shocked in last sec of the preview. 

But i dont know why jisoo was the one on hospital bed(?) Maybe she tried to fight the old man and got hurt too? 

Cant wait for next week really

For anyone who understands Korean culture, I have a trivial question: 

What is the meaning of the tiny little white hair ribbon that daughters (maybe it's all women but in dramas it just seems like only daughters) wear when they are in mourning at a parent's (or maybe just family) funeral?

This is something I wonder about every time I see such in a drama but I've never thought to ask before.  Does anyone know?  Thanks!

.....editing to add that I noticed something small but meaningful in today's episode.  When JH is talking to Dong Jin in the bar and they are discussing JS's dad's involvement in JH's dad's death, the song playing very, very quietly in the background is Desperado by the Eagles.  It's a song that means a lot to me personally so I remember the lyrics so vividly, and they seem so appropriate here--especially the lines about the Queen of Diamonds and the Queen of Hearts.

Lyrics in spoiler tag:

Spoiler
Desperado, why don't you come to your senses?
You been out ridin' fences for so long now
Oh, you're a hard one
I know that you got your reasons
These things that are pleasin' you
Can hurt you somehow

Don't you draw the queen of diamonds, boy
She'll beat you if she's able
You know the queen of hearts is always your best bet

Now it seems to me, some fine things
Have been laid upon your table
But you only want the ones that you can't get

Desperado, oh, you ain't gettin' no younger
Your pain and your hunger, they're drivin' you home
And freedom, oh freedom well, that's just some people talkin'
Your prison is walking through this world all alone

Don't your feet get cold in the winter time?
The sky won't snow and the sun won't shine
It's hard to tell the night time from the day
You're losin' all your highs and lows
Ain't it funny how the feeling goes away?

Desperado, why don't you come to your senses?
Come down from your fences, open the gate
It may be rainin', but there's a rainbow above you
You better let somebody love you, before it's too late

Hello chingus, just a quick drop in because I need to sleep soon. I will definitely go back to the previous page to catch up with comments. I love this week's episode and I even love this week's ost. So here's OST Part 5

There's still hope for Jisu ex-husband. He may be a bad husband, but I think he's a good lawyer. Incident next week hopefully can trigger him to finally be on JS/JH side. Now that we have all friends together,  adding ex-hubs, JS/H need all the help to fight evil Chairman Jang. Urgh!! So annoyed with that old prick. Hate to see SK at the losing end, but her behaviour this week doesn't help. I no longer have pity for her lol. 

YJT& LBY look so good as middle-age couple, so elegant & believable. Is it even legal for YJT to be that hot at the same time ridiculously adorable? Haish!

14 hours ago, corey said:

Aaa, I've been wondering about that myself, so I second the question! Itseemed to me actually like a bobby pin with this bit of ribbon tied on it. I think it is worn not only by young girls/daughters but women of all ages who are the direct mourners (those greeting the guests and staying in the chamber with the photograph). Men wear white armbands with black horizontal stripes, pinned to their sleeves. Well, I can understand the armbands, as it set them out, but the tiny ribbons? Please please, anybody?

Yes, that is what the female mourners wear to signify that they are family members of the deceased.

The Chief Mourner (usually the son, or someone else if the deceased has no son) wears those armbands.

ETA: I should add that all the male members of the family wear those arm bands, but the Chief Mourner wears extra bands.

Here's more if you want to know:

https://dailydoseofkorea.tumblr.com/post/180753977154/korean-funerals

At the funeral, men wear black suits, and women wear black or white hanboks. For men, they wear a band around their left upper arm. The band is yellow with black lines. The host or the eldest son wears the band with two black stripes, siblings other than the host wear one strip and usually grandchildren wear no stripes but just the band.

Women do not wear these bands but instead wear a white ribbon clip on their hair. If the person who died was a male, the ribbon goes on the left side but if it was a female it goes on the right side and this applies to the band as well. 

Its ep12... and the show is slowly making its way to its end... slowly... :phew:

Ok, happy that they finally kissed, after, what 25 years and this is by JH's initiave not JS, though JS did kiss JH at the beach then...

I still couldnt understand how JH can still work at the company, him being a suspect of the company's problems... cant the Chairman simply sack him... hmm

Can a wife not divorce the husband easily? Ie, if they do not live together after 2 years, its legally divorced. We dont want to have an adultrey between the two, but circumstances forced JH to do that, right... 

Also YM, though he is a nice son, but he seemed lifeless... its great that he wants his mom to be happy but his emotions in the drama is too controlled, i think. 

22 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Its ep12... and the show is slowly making its way to its end... slowly... :phew:

Ok, happy that they finally kissed, after, what 25 years and this is by JH's initiave not JS, though JS did kiss JH at the beach then...

I still couldnt understand how JH can still work at the company, him being a suspect of the company's problems... cant the Chairman simply sack him... hmm

Can a wife not divorce the husband easily? Ie, if they do not live together after 2 years, its legally divorced. We dont want to have an adultrey between the two, but circumstances forced JH to do that, right... 

Also YM, though he is a nice son, but he seemed lifeless... its great that he wants his mom to be happy but his emotions in the drama is too controlled, i think. 

JH cant be sacked because he is majority shareholder ( no 2 behind the chairman ).

Thats probably why he is the vice president because he got big share of the company. 

He is really rich you know. 

This is like usual power battle for chairman position. If the chairman lose the vote then han jae hyun will be the chairman and had full control of the company

@Samuel Yohanes.... i think the epiosde revealed  the biggest shareholders are his allies, from two investment agenices, who supported him...

I dont think he is rich, i thought he was rich by virture of his links with his in-law. He is VP because he was promised that postion by his FIL after he left prison. He was a working salary man when he met his future wife, no?

Maybe he has accumulated wealth because his stupid FIL moves all his slush fund to his name. By that sense then yes, JH is really rich :D

25 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

That’s the whole point. He’s too accustomed to acting “properly” because he’s on pins and needles trying not to cause problems for his mother. He lives under the threat that his dad will take him away from his mother if his grades drop, if he gets into trouble, etc. This is why I want Ji Soo to get established and settled so that the child can finally act like a child, not bearing the burden of the adults. Even when Ji Soo asked him if he was sad about not living with her and his father, he said he was scared about the situation. The child needs a stable home and a removal of the threat of being taken away from his mother. I understand that now he’s going to live with his father but the grandmother is also a tyrant of sorts so he will probably have to watch his behavior there.

Just now, celebrianna said:

That’s the whole point. He’s too accustomed to acting “properly” because he’s on pins and needles trying not to cause problems for his mother. He lives under the threat that his dad will take him away from his mother if his grades drop, if he gets into trouble, etc. 

We were not given much background on what actually happened between JS and her husband besides the adultery and why JS was so against the husband, and why YM supported his mom.

But what im saying is, i just wish the character could show more happiness when he is with his mom because he seemed overly controlled all the time. He seemed to like JH and JH would be a good infuence to him, i can picture him being a more reboust and happy child if JH is in his life :D

I’m really hoping for FIL’s current go-to guy for information, the one in glasses, to turn against his boss and side with JH.  He looks relatively uncomfortable when the FIL shows his evil side — ready to discard people and no hesitation to ruin lives.  I just hope the satisfaction of seeing the comeuppance of those who deserve it isn’t crammed into one episode with only angst for the rest of the three episodes.

@Samuel Yohanes yep it wont be easy to remove him as vice chairman. 

Eventhough he is only a "nominee" shareholder, he actually legally controls 30 something percent of total shares of the company (this sum is together with the shares currently owned by 2 other shareholders) that are in his side.

I understand that he has been plotting to remove the chairman and assume control of the company. In the beginning of the series, the chairman transferred large percentage of shares to JH. Usually in practice, nominee shareholders wont be liable to pay for the taxes in respect of those shares but JH chose to pay for the incurred taxes (financed by seoul bank if i am not mistaken). He then approached 2 other shareholders to support him, so accumutively the shares owned by these 3 are now the second largest after the chairman. From the latest episode, they are now plotting to purchase more shares so that they can together be the majority shareholders.

The only way to remove JH from his position is if he is criminally charged again. Assuming that the company is a publicly traded company, they will need to maintain "clean" record to maintain the stock prices. Which is what the chairman intends to do. If he goes to jail again, he will remains a shareholder but will not be viable to retain his position.

I think at the end either JH or the chairman will end up in jail (I hope the chairman). I'd love to see at the end of the series, the new Chairman Han restoring justice for the workers of the company with Ji Soo by his side. 

19 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

We were not given much background on what actually happened between JS and her husband besides the adultery and why JS was so against the husband, and why YM supported his mom.

But what im saying is, i just wish the character could show more happiness when he is with his mom because he seemed overly controlled all the time. He seemed to like JH and JH would be a good infuence to him, i can picture him being a more reboust and happy child if JH is in his life :D

When the father wanted to file for custody of Youngmin in order to blackmail Ji Soo into marrying him again, Ji Soo basically told us through her words to him that he neglected Youngmin and never showed much interest in the child. Therefore I inferred that the child spent more time with his mother and got more love and attention from his mother. He probably also saw how unhappy his mother was in the marriage. He said this already a few episodes back. This is probably why he supports his mother over his father. He probably also saw that his grandmother is harsh with his mother and basically his mother has no one else in the world except him and her sick father. I think he also said this to Ji Soo after the first school incident. That’s when Ji Soo told him that he should act like a child and let her worry about the adult stuff.

I believe once Ji Soo is settled in a stable life the child will start acting more like a kid. To me his emotional control is very insightful. From it I inferred that he grew up in a house where he probably had to behave properly (look at his critical grandmother) so that his mother won’t be criticized. He knows that his father has more power than his mother, etc. If he doesn’t cause any trouble his mother can at least be okay.

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

He is VP because he was promised that postion by his FIL after he left prison.

No, he was promised the CEO position as a reward for doing jail time for his FIL but when JH got out of prison, the FIL reminded JH that he was only a dog and not a hunter so he had given the CEO job to his daughter.

2 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

and the show is slowly making its way to its end... slowly.

I am enjoying the pacing of this show very much.  I don't find it slow at all.

Somehow even if he was promised the CEO position i dont think it would be immediatedly, the Chairman would probably do it after he retired or died. Knowing what we know in the past few episodes, he is of coz more fond with his family than his SIL, so the Chairmanship wasnt meant to be his, hence just VP for the time being.

Well, if that wasnt slow, i dont know anymore:D... ive seen faster paced drama i guess:D

Archived